1265 N. Milwaukee
Chicago, IL 60611Neighborhood:
Bucktown / Wicker Park
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.216181811785964.48343.212336578837154&type=3
- Phone: 7732522020
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 12:30pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Staurday: 5:00pm - 3:00am, Sunday: 5:00pm - 12:30am
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Korean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Lee
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Tozi
TOZI brings you authentic Korean dishes directly to you all the way from Korea. Of course, not literally speaking, but we try to bring you something real to your table. Starting with the table-top BBQ for you to grill your favorite types of meats, seafoods, and vegetables. If your heart is on setting your table on fire (of course again, not literally...) you have to or rather you must try 'Wang-Ka...lBi' or marinated prime beef & 'ChaDolBaegi' or beef brisket. It's been everyone's favorite of course, ours too.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tozi reviews from OpenTable diners
- great service.JustTryItDined on 5/24/2014Really delicious pork ribs. The server, Cheryl, was knowledgeable and even helped us grill. Great interactive way to eat with friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cleanliness1anddoneDined on 5/11/2014Dirty dirty dirty. Lipstick on every cup, no bottled water, every white dish, dirty table was so dirty they only spray with windex not even a Brillo pad could take the old food off the table. Grease on everything we touched. Booths were greasy. Chairs were full of grease. Yuck. I can imagine the cleanliness of the kitchen.
- Not the bestFamilyDined on 5/10/2014The food was not great. The ribs had no meat. Like literally no meat. Good was not tasteful. Furniture in need of repairs.Special Features:
- Fun food in strange locationHyperActiveDined on 3/8/2014I've been to Tozi about three times now. Each time with a small group. I like the space and layout of the restaurant but not a fan if the location on Milwaukee buried in the middle of the strangest strip of furniture stores that I have nearly never seen anyone shopping in before. Aside from the location, Tozi needs to figure out what it wants to be when it grows up. It's decorated like a sleek modern day restaurant with a young staff and a very traditional menu. The food is is very good, but nothing extra special. It's a good option for a small group of friends for lunch but probably not a place to celebrate a special occassion. Good potential and I will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- decent food but nothing speciallanejjDined on 3/1/2014I will make this a quick review. The food was exactly what you would expect from korean bbq. I thought it was good but nothing to brag about. The service was great though and very helpful. The reason I wouldnt go back or reccomend it is because of the temperature of the place. It was absolutely freezing in the restaurant the entire time because of the ventilation system for the little table grills. My date and I had to keep our coats on the entire time. So we just couldnt get comfortable and relax.Special Features:
- Horrible ServicecrispyDined on 1/24/2014Too bad, b/c food is pretty good, but horrible service, and lack there of. From the moment of snotty negative hostess, and what seem like the owner to our slow server. Did not give or even offered/mentioned of restaurant week menus, only gave us regular menus. Glasses of water were served half full, looked as if someone drank half of each cup. Gave us the bill when we were no where near finished. Didn't even ask if we wanted food to go. Server nowhere to be seen towards the end of the night, so took it upon myself to get up and ask the hostess/owner behind the bar for a box. Will not be going back.
- Restaurant weekNotimpressedDined on 1/24/2014Decided to try something new for restaurant week but that was a mistake. The server was less than helpful and the food was bland. We received little to no help from our server and he was reluctant to even serve food in a timely manner. When we asked him to explain what sides are served with the food (as they're not listed) he asked us to look at another table and see what they had.
- Korean BBQ funOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/10/2014Good flavors, space, and service make it a fun place for groups. The space is larger than it looks fron the outside - and the music had great tunes - but not so loud that you cannot hear your friends. Good food, good times.Special Features:
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/23/2013I love Korean food and was looking forward to trying someplace new. I have no interest in the BBQ since I dont eat meat and all the protein is cooked on a meat stained grill, but I love panjean and bim bim bop so was excited. The service was great; could not have been more attentive. But the place is FREEZING. Now we did go on the first cold night but I dont think that is going to change. There are huge windows where a breeze is constant and there is a fan over all the tables. I do not enjoy eating a meal in a coat and scarf. So try it in the spring or summer. I will not go back since I can get a much better bim bim bop at my usually faves. The three people who had the BBQ at our table too thought it was just ok.Special Features:
- Yummy in my tummyMayLoveDined on 11/3/2013Great food. Excellent price and music. Definitely coming back :)Special Features:
- Korean BBQ & all the little dishesLovetheGyuVIPDined on 2/9/2013Finally Korean BBQ south of Lincoln Square! Clean, affordable with a cool interior like you would expect of the near north side. Thanks for opening and making my belly full.Special Features:
- A good choiceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013Tozi offers plenty of space, kept my reservation in spite of the fact that I was running late, and provided excellent, attentive service. The food was quite good, although a little pricey. The restaurant's interior decor is both nice and modern, and everything looked clean and well-maintained. I don't live in Chicago, but if I am in the area again, I will definitely consider going back to Tozi.Special Features:
- i was the only customer. serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/5/2013i was the only customer. service was excellent. very nice and friendly staff. food was OK. ordered their file mignon and shrimp and octopus. octopus was not upto par. shrimp and file mignon were good. generally nothing remarkableSpecial Features:
- Very good Korean BBQ - The1stimpressionVIPDined on 5/25/2012Very good Korean BBQ - The food was very good and met all my expectations. The host and waitstaff were very attentive to my dining party as we were dining with a toddler.Special Features:
- The food was great and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/19/2012The food was great and the service was attentive. It was not as populated as I think it should be but expect with time to see this place more crowded. I recommend it highly.Special Features:
- Fantastic Korean BBQ. OurAmyKayEatsVIPDined on 4/14/2012Fantastic Korean BBQ. Our daughter loved the fact that we could grill right at the table. The service was very helpful - told us about the food, about Korea, etc. All-in-all a great experience, and I think we'll make this a regular in our rotation to hit up once a month or so.Special Features:
- this is my 2nd time comingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/7/2012this is my 2nd time coming to Tozi. i experinced little frustration in the beginning. for some reason twice my reservation was cacelled without my approval. glad i did make that 3rd resevation, because when we arrived the place was packed. once seated, no one waited on us for first 15min. my guest and i were tempted to walk-out until finally someone came up and asked if anybody came to the table yet. The manger of the restaurant was busy visting one particualr table to chit chat, while i noticed that servers were running around. despite the lack of service and chaotic scene, the food was delicious. i really do love eating at Tozi. maybe i should try them during mid week, not weekend.Special Features:
- i am so glad that i don'tOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/20/2012i am so glad that i don't have to go so far up north to experince good korean food. very reasonable price for quality and quantity of bbq we had. our server provided excellent service, remembering that we avoid simple carb food, the server did not bring out the rice but still gave a leafy lettuce. that was great! the filet mignon was soooooo juicy and tender, masive amount of octopus, and i enjoyed the varities if kimchi they offered. As my guest and i were exiting, the manager/owner (?) told us about out door seating and parking spaces. out door korean bbq? sounds fabu!!!!! can't wait to come back.Special Features:
- FREEZINGJML1817VIPDined on 2/10/2012BE CAREFUL IN THE WINTER! Tozi is freezing. Restaurant refused to turn up the heat. We couldn't feel our toes and everyone in the restaurant was in their jackets. Our waiter would keep coming over, then would get distracted and walk away halfway through our order. The manager took our drink orders but when we tried to ask a question about the food menu dismissed us saying he's not our waiter and walked away. Food was pretty good. Beef short ribs were awesome. Drinks pretty good. All reasonably priced. Vibe is a bit strange as on a Friday at 8 or 9 PM the place was 1/3 full.
- Service was excellent untilchicagoworkerbeeDined on 2/10/2012Service was excellent until our food arrived. We ordered several dishes for Korean BBQ and as soon as the plates of meat were brough out, it was impossible to grab our server's attention to order more food and beer or get refills of lettuce, sauce, and garlic. Despite that, the food was otherwise a sufficient alternative to making the trek to K-Town.Special Features:
- So happy to have Korean foodOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 1/23/2012So happy to have Korean food in the neighborhood. The service is friendly, welcoming, attentive, and knowledgeable. The food is quite good. I appreciate their extensive menu, their decent drink offerings, and their fan system for the grill is excellent. I definitely plan to return frequently.Special Features:
- Surprisingly good for neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2001Dined on 1/22/2012Surprisingly good for neighborhood Korean BBQ. Kids love cooking on the 'hot table'. Don't miss the terrific BeBimBop!Special Features:
- Even though our reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/21/2012Even though our reservations were confirmed, we were told that the restaurant was overbooked and the wait is over hour and half. The place looked promising, but Unfortunatly we had to leave.
- Good for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 12/26/2011A big group of us that used to live in Chicago met friends of ours here that still live in Chicago. This place is great for groups. The portions work well, and the interactive, communal style of dining helps create an amazing experience. The highlights were definitely the filet and the pork products. The duck was smothered in a slightly spicy chili sauce that masked the flavor of the duck too much. The octopus were whole pieces, head and tentacles, that didn't grill up so nicely because of the shape of the grill that has a pyramid-like, for lack of a better term, shape as well as the overall shape of the octopus. They should really slice them, or just serve the tentacles. Ample side dishes served as well.Special Features:
- Free Parking, Different eatingMaratinVIPDined on 12/10/2011Free Parking, Different eating experience, must be willing to experiment if you are not familar with Korean food because our waitstaff was not helpful. But will return. This is in a great location. However, the manager was helpful as well as another waitstaff person because our grill had run out of water.Special Features: