Township Bar & Grill
250 6 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3H7Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: CAN$30 and under
Township Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.townshipbarandgrill.com/
- Phone: (403) 265-3837
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - Late
Saturday: 5:00pm - Late
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Nick Atkins
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We love hosting social, corporate, and catering events! Please contact email@example.com for information and to request our events booking package.
- Entertainment: In our lounge there are TV screens that broadcast all of the Calgary Flames hockey games and other major sporting events.
- Special Events: We have space available for your special event, and rooms for 14 to 300+ people. Our event menu can be customized for your sit down dinner, cocktail reception, or event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information and to request our events booking package.
- Cross Street: 2 Street
- Public Transit: WB 6 Av SW@ 2 St SW; EB 7 Av SW@ 3 St w LRT Station
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary indoor parking in Bow Valley Square (under the restaurant) for evening guests, free after 6pm. Please enter off of 5th avenue and tell your server once you are seated. Street parking is also available, free after 6 pm.
A word from Township Bar & Grill
Township is a first of its kind. We provide an authentic and timeless eating, drinking and social experience bringing together value and quality. Upscale dining with a cheque that won’t leave your wallet empty. And the food… think about a mouthwatering take on contemporary comfort food. Whether you're looking for an after-work drink or a light bite for a group or a comfortable dining experience with premium rustic fare and great wine, Township offers something for everyone, for every occasion.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Township Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Township Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
98 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (58)good for groups (32)fit for foodies (13)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (10)special occasion (7)neighborhood gem (7)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)romantic (2)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great lunchDebbieDined on 11/20/2014Service was friendly and food was tasty. The kitchen accomodated my specific dietary requirements.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/20/2014Food took forever to arrive, even though we were there before noon. Seafood pot pie with almost no seafood in it.
- Food good, but too salty.MackDined on 11/18/2014I cannot understand restaurants that add so much salt to their cooking. Both my guest and I had steak with mashed potatoes and another side. The steak was cooked as requested and was tender, but both the steak and the sides contained way too much salt. Restaurants need to understand that there is salt at the table and if they want more, they can add more themselves. We were in a rush to get to a hockey game so did not ask for the meal to be re-done. For those concerned with salt, I do not recommend the steak or mashed potatoes.
- Great!SuzannemmhDined on 11/18/2014No complaint here! The staff was wonderful and just plain happy! I have a gluten allergy and almost everything on the menu was gluten free, no special menu needed!! I will recommend to friends and will be going back for lunches.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch PlaceGolfBarbieDined on 11/17/2014Second time I have been there...........consistency of food quality was good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- sherbearDined on 11/14/2014We had a 5:15 reservation and the majority of the people in the dining area were drinkers...the noise level there until about 6:30 was close to unbearable. Fortunately by then, a lot of the drinkers were leaving, but it did make it uncomfortable for those of us trying talk while dining. Having said that, the food was absolutely fantastic...I'd go again for the food, but more likely at lunchtime. Because of the noise level It's not really a place to go for late afternoon/evening dining anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeBlowDined on 11/14/2014Township is a remake of the Red Water Grill. The menu has fewer options than the Red Water and more nouveau, artsy kinds of selections that I do not find appealing. The acoustics are terrible in both the lounge and dining room, making conversation difficult at times. Not a bad restaurant, but one that will not be my first choice for lunchtime dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good!CleodnineDined on 11/14/2014This is a trendy place, with a convenient location. Food quality was good. I often find myself ordering beers that are temporarily unavailable, but there is ample alternatives.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been there twice. Both times slow service.....Foodie123Dined on 11/14/2014Seriously lunch time downtown. Service needs to be faster! Food is ok. Waitresses are nice enough but it's pretty clear why they've been hired. Won't return.Special Features:
- I wasn't goon to write a review but since u askedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014I only have two compliants..... I'm not sure if the waitress misheard me, but when I said we weye ready to order she said okay.... and didn't come back for 20 min. I'm sure the music was too loud for her to hear. Also, I LOVE salt and the burger was too salty to eat.Special Features:
- RJB1Dined on 11/13/2014Good food presentation and taste. Staff was knowledgeable about food items and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alright restaurantAmberVIPDined on 11/11/2014Had a reservation on Nov 11th for 12:15, got seated no problem. Ordered wings as an appetizer and then the chicken pesto wrap and french onion soup. Server notified me there was an upcharge for the french onion soup which was no problem. Wings were good, but then we waited approx 30 minutes to get our food - we had to ask for the bill before we even received the food just so that we could prepay and get out. I also wanted to note two things - the upcharge on the french onion soup was the full amount of getting a french onion soup - so that's not an upcharge and then I might as well have ordered another side too. My wrap was supposed to have avocado as well and they replaced it with cucumber - not a big deal, but I was not notified.
- Business lunchfanofzaDined on 11/4/2014Service was great, friendly staff, and food was very good. Lots of options on the menu to choose from. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'd go again.NewbieDined on 10/29/2014Just had appetizers and drinks. It was so noisy the waitress didn't hear one of the orders and got it wrong. Tooks quite a while to get our drinks after they were ordered. The appetizers were better than they sounded. Really quite deliciousl.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch October 29, 2014CalgaryDebDined on 10/29/2014Note sure what the negative reviews are all about because our party of three could not have had a better experience. We ordered the Southern Chicken and Spicy Mac N Cheese and all three of us loved it. Noise was not an issue for us as we could easily hear one another without having to raise our voices. Service was very good, we had a lovely waitress who was attentive and our food arrived in 20 minutes. We all agreed we would need no arm twisting to come back.Special Features:
- Come again!?CleodnineDined on 10/29/2014I found the service and food to be on par with typical downtown lunch quality and diversity. However, the noise level was above average and I would NOT recommend this place if you are planning a business lunch where communication and the ability to listen is important.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/28/2014So sad that we've lost the Rustic Redwater with Township who have now replaced it. This menu is traditional bar food - not sophisticated or interesting enough for downtown clients other than pre-game fare who were the folks there the night we dined. I won't return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/28/2014Lunch was fine, I ordered the Cobb salad and added the chicken, it was good, just not that big for how much you are charging. Service was great though.Special Features:
- DecentGratefulWaterwalkerVIPDined on 10/27/2014Atmosphere was cozy. Food was decent with nice presentation. House white was less than desirable and was expected as a taster at $1/ounce. Server was fantastic.
- Nice Findjfaber1970Dined on 10/23/2014A work friend had recommended this restaurant and we were not disappointed. Unfortunately there was a big office get together going on in the bar section so it was a lot louder than usual. However, the food was great and service was fantastic. The Eggs and Bacon appetizer is a must try!Special Features:
- Still greatMonicaVIPDined on 10/22/2014I used to go to this location regularly when it was Redwater and was worried when it changed names but the food and service are still great. I have been there twice now and so far it is really reliably good and a great place to take clients for lunch.Special Features:
- Warrants going backGolfBarbieDined on 10/21/2014Had lunch there for first time since it opened. Food was great but found the noise level a little high but wasn't unbearable. Food came out quickly and it was very tastey. Would definately go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch As ExpectedHappyDinerDined on 10/16/2014Our visit was a business lunch for two. The new offering is pretty much like it was under Redwater's brand. The interior décor has not changed and some staff have remained. I don't frequent this establishment often enough to notice whether the menu had changed. On this visit, it was selected for it's geographic location in the city. The fact that nothing stood out in either a good or bad sense means we conducted our business quite happily in this venue and would suggest others could do the same.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food FailureOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/15/2014Not a great menu selection. The french onion soup was horrible. Luke warm and salty.
- Business LunchBleuberryDined on 10/15/2014Went to lunch with a former colleague. Very surprised it wasn't busier. I ordered the daily pot pie. It was good, but that's all you get. One pot pie on a little plate for $15. No side salad or anything. My dining partner kept trying to give me some of her flatbread because she felt I got shortchanged. Lots of new staff, had three different servers. One took our drink order, one took our lunch order and another our coffee order. Really like the new tables. Less squishy in the dining room than Redwater.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice lunchSueBVIPDined on 10/14/2014Not sure why anyone had to drop a million into redecorating/rebranding this restaurant but it is slightly nicer than it used to be. Ordered the fried chicken and spicy mac n' cheese which was wicked. Super friendly server, quick and polite service.Special Features:
- Great VenueOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014First time being there since the change over for meeting lunch. I do like the atmosphere, food was great, menu had lots of choices, only problem was our waitress service and lack of. After 15mins of still no one to take our order or if we had any questions about the menu, we had to ask someone else. However, I will return just hopefully in a different section.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014You could tell the servers were all in training so they were a bit slow. Food was really good but just took a while. The place shouldn't have opened to the public if their servers weren't ready.Special Features:
- Ok.businesslunchDined on 10/7/2014The place looks nice and trendy however the food was just averageSpecial Features:
- Was okay, not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/6/2014This was our first visit to Township since it opened. My boss wanted to take our group out for an appreciation lunch and he LOVES Vintage Chophouse so I thought this would be a great option considering it is much closer to the office. The food was tasty and portions were adequate. I ordered the Simple Salad - it was good but extremely salty. In The remainder of the table ordered steaks. The only complaint was around the way the meals are served - each accompaniment was served on a separate dish which made it awkward to eat. It was quite noisy for lunch hour but the noise level was tolerable. The service was ok - once we received our meals, the server seemed to have forgotten about us.
- Salty steakXXXXDined on 10/1/2014My steak had too much salt on it. Otherwise good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceamandaDined on 9/29/2014I booked an office lunch there on Monday for a birthday. There was 6 of us and the unfortunately the service was terribly slow. We sat down at 12:15 and 5 minutes later someone brought us water who said was not our server but she would be by soon. We waited 15 more minutes before our server finally came by. She was very much robotic, not sure if she was new or what the situation was but it wasn't good. The place was pretty full, but at the same time if you can't handle that many tables then there should be more people on. We will be back, hopefully by then the service will improve.Special Features:
- A pleasant surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014I had booked a reservation at Redwater Rustic Grille so was surprised that we were actually at Township Bar & Grill. This was it's 2nd week of operation which would explain the very small crowd. We had terrific service and the food, especially the ribchop was great. THe appetizer of ahi tuna tartar with a mouse of avocado and jalepeno was smooth, creamy, and served with tasty little crisps. An acquired taste, but tasty. For the main, we split a ribchop for two, with parmesan fries and spicy mac and cheese. Cannot say enough about the ribchop. The seasoning was bang on and was simply outstanding. The mac and cheese, although tasty, was overcooked. All in all, a great evening and we will be back.Special Features:
- Very loudDiningoutisfunVIPDined on 9/26/2014The noise was the biggest factor for us as it was so loud you could barely talk to each other. Our server was only on her second day, so we will cut her some slack and the food was fine. The volume of the music is the sole reason we wouldn't come back. Probably a great place to hang out if you are under 35!
- YasminDined on 9/26/2014The food was excellent and cooked just right....mouth watering steak sandwich and sweet potato fries !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatFoodDined on 9/18/2014Great food and service at this new restaurant! I will definitely be visiting them again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Township Bar & Grill reviews archive.