Township Bar & Grill
250 6 Ave SW
Calgary, AB T2P 3H7Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Township Bar & Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.redwatergrille.com/
- Phone: 4032653837
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Sunday closed.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental, Californian
- Executive Chef: Nick Atkins
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Wine
- Catering: We are pleased to offer catering for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Please inquire for more details (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Entertainment: In our lounge there are three TV screens that broadcast all of the Calgary Flames hockey games.
- Special Events: We are pleased to host all types of special functions. Our Private Dining room accommodates 14 or we can book out sections of the restaurant or lounge. Please inquire for more details.
- Cross Street: 2 Street
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: We offer complimentary indoor parking in Bow Valley Square (under the restaurant) for evening guests, free after 6pm. Please enter off of 5th avenue and tell your server once you are seated. Street parking is also available, free after 6 pm.
A word from Township Bar & Grill
Township Bar & Grill comes to a convenient downtown location at Bow Valley Square. Township Bar & Grill’s market driven menu is a fresh interpretation of contemporary West Coast Cuisine with signature dishes and innovative creations. A favorite destination for wine-lovers and foodies alike, Township Bar & Grill’s wine menu features specialties from smaller boutique wineries, many of which are not found elsewhere in the city. The large selection of wine complements the executive chef's menu of seasonal robust dishes. The restaurant's décor complements the vibrancy and freshness of the food making its beautifully illuminated space one of the city's hottest dining destinations. Burnished cherry wood, Canadian Coral, soft lighting, the contemporary lounge and the large glass wine cellar create an ambiance of casual refinement. Dress: Smart Casual. Please note that hats are not permitted and we do not have highchairs or children's menus. Complimentary indoor parking for evening guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Township Bar & Grill - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Township Bar & Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
- We like the relatively quietDMYYCDined on 4/26/2013We like the relatively quiet atmosphere and we had very good service. We'll return again.Special Features:
- Redwater has always accommodatedOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/1/2013Redwater has always accommodated my requests, even when they are very last minute. Services are always top notch, from the Hostesses, to Bartenders to Wait Staff to the Management. I visit Redwater frequently with Co-Workers, Friends and Family, they are always eager to return. If I had to give one criticism.... I would like to see the Wild West Spaghetti come back please I highly recommend this establishment. See you at my next reso on Friday! BSpecial Features:
- THANKS DAVE AND THE TEAM!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/14/2013I love this Redwater location. I've become a regular here because they treat us so well and remember our favorite orders. Dave is running a tight ship and is doing a GREAT job! The servers are wonderful and take very good care of us from the moment we walk in to the time we leave. We feel like VIPs. Kudos to Dave and his team! Special thanks to Brent, Krista, Mike, Ruby, Lauren and Stephanie for always making us feel like we're family and treating us so well. It's wonderful to be remembered.Special Features:
- Usually love Red Water butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/29/2012Usually love Red Water but this location is not nearly as good as the others we have been to. The food was very good but the atmosphere is like Denny's. Not the best. Service was friendly and polite and enjoyed our meal except for the annoying lady yelping at the table just down from us all night. I would go back to Red Water but just not this location.Special Features:
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/14/2012My salad was not great and the manager appologized and took it off the bill. Other than that all good. I eat there regulary and always excellent; this is the first time I had an issue with my salad.Special Features:
- Booked a late lunch to takeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/13/2012Booked a late lunch to take my staff out. Th restaurant was nearly empty yet they sat us out in the "mall hall" eating area. I have eaten at various redwater locations and have always enjoyed the food. Perhaps it is the location and the end of lunch rush and all the staff were tired, however the overall experience was why bother going back. In hindsight I would recommend booking an early lunch to ensure you get the best service.
- Of the 6 of us who went toDAN10Dined on 12/12/2012Of the 6 of us who went to lunch, 5 said their last experience was not great....fortunately the food was very good this time. Red Water Grille is a good place for a special lunch,nice menu and lots of energy; but getting in and out under 90 minutes is difficult, so it is not for a regular lunch out.Special Features:
- Excellent experience, everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/11/2012Excellent experience, everyone enjoyed their lunch and the restaurant. Great Job!!!Special Features:
- I didn't receive good service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/10/2012I didn't receive good service. The servers were not friendly or service oriented. The food was good however I think they are over-priced.Special Features:
- The food was excellent (chickenOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/10/2012The food was excellent (chicken pappardelle) but service not great. Food came and had no cutlery. The waitress brought the cutlery after a short wait, but did not leave napkins so had to request them. Could not get two separate bills (policy?). Requested more water and was spilled all over the table, and did not wipe it up.
- After hearing so much aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/6/2012After hearing so much about Redwater Grille, decided to check it out on a Thursday night to meet up with few old friends. Ordered Crab cakes and Roasted Red Pepper Dip with Nan bread which were delicious. Our server was nice and helpful. Ordered Bison Burger with Blueberry Compote on servers recommendation. It was tasteless was so disappointed!!! Never orderignt hat again :(
- Food was very good as usual.EatOutAlotVIPDined on 12/1/2012Food was very good as usual. I frequent this Redwater location often and usually have very good service. Our server did not seem to be interested in serving us. She went through the motions and when we said we didn't want to see the dessert menu - it almost seem like a relief to her. Our dining experience took just over an hour, which we were thankful for since there was a table of 7 near us that were very loud.Special Features:
- Overpriced for "average"KurtDined on 11/30/2012We knew we were running behind schedule - tried to call 3 times but could not get through...by the time we arrived they had cancelled reservation. As it wasn't busy they sat us anyway. Liked the decor, but it was very loud in the dinning room - some people seem like they had been partying since they got off work. Food was "meh": wife didn't like her salad (I know we came in late and the kitchen was closing soon) and risotto was undercooked (almost crunchy)...it would have been better if they took their time, or told us they couldn't serve us because there's not enough time. The shrimp had flavor on the first bite but couldn't taste after that, although they were well grilled (I could have done the same at home) - same for the sca
- Coat check-in was there butOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/30/2012Coat check-in was there but not offered and found out later. We had allowed 1.5 hrs time before theatre, notice was given to waiter at arrival. Food came only 25 min. before we had to leave. What a pitty. Would have liked a coffee after dinner and more time to enjoy our food.
- Excellent food, excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/27/2012Excellent food, excellent wine list, and fantastic dessert. The service was very good with the staff taking the time to recommend her favorite items as well as explaining the menu very clearly. Would definetly go back there for dinner.Special Features:
- Meet up with old friends hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Good place to celebrate, with good food and talk with friends or colleagues. Lively ambiance. Pea soup with truffle oil was very tasty. Always enjoy the service.Special Features:
- One of My Favourites.OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/22/2012As this is only a couple blocks away from where I work, I frequent this location for lunch with friends. Food was amazing per usual. I had the Sesame Ahi Tuna Salad. One of my very favourites. The server was knowledgable and freindly. It's a busy restaurant, so reservations are good.Special Features:
- I have been at your restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/21/2012I have been at your restaurant 3 times now, for lunch only and each time it has been very good service, all personnel have been friendly, professional and ensuring all needs have been taken care of. The food has been very good I would recommend this to everyone. I would like to compliment our waitress on Wed as she quite helpful and recommending the special my friend and both had and the service was excellent as well as the food. thank youSpecial Features:
- I ordered a steak sandwichOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/19/2012I ordered a steak sandwich medium rare and it came well done and really tough to cut; even had quite a bit of fat. Anyway, for the price probably will not eat here again.
- The food never disappointsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 11/17/2012The food never disappoints at Red Water. The only concern I had was being seated in the lounge since I expect to be seated in the restaurant when having a reservation. Service is much slower and servers are less attentive when sitting in the lounge.Special Features:
- Service was slow ~25 minutesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/17/2012Service was slow ~25 minutes to take order Server seemed forgetful with simple requests Looked likeour server had too many tables on the go Chicken fully cooked seemed questionable, response from manager did not re-assure us it was safe to eat
- Service, food and energy wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2012Service, food and energy was great. It's a great place to eat and have a romantic anniversary like I did.Special Features:
- Ahi Tuna Salad was so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/13/2012Ahi Tuna Salad was so good I am going to regularly order for takeout. Caramelia Chocolate Creme Brulee was perfectly done. Service was slow at times, but the quality of the food made up for it.Special Features:
- Went to celebrate my birthday.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012Went to celebrate my birthday. The pan-seared salmon and risotto were delicious!Special Features:
- Went for our Anniversary,LovefoodandwineDined on 11/10/2012Went for our Anniversary, ahi tuna salad was fantastic, great choice of wines, and very happy with our delicious main courses!Special Features:
- I had a less than mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/10/2012I had a less than mediocre filet - it was rather underdone (for medium rare), and felt lukewarm, almost like it had been baked in the oven..?. had it sent back to be cooked a little more and it came back out hot and tastier. Carrots were underdone and so were the potatoes....the roasted tomato soup was chock full of corn and that seemed to be about it. I have dined at Redwater plenty of times down south and have always been happy, so I was expecting the same downtown. The food - especially steak was seriously lacking in the quality I would expect from Redwater. It was totally dead at 6 pm, seemed to pick up a little towards 7:30... I rated it good overall because I had a great time with my mom and sis and I think their meals were fine.
- We send half an hour or moreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2012We send half an hour or more sitting at the table after paying the bill. Once the bill was paid the server disapeared and not a single glass of water was offered to us.Special Features:
- Not an exciting place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2012For the prices, the experience was just OK. I was meeting clients there for lunch, and was underwhelmed by the food. It wasn't BAD, it just wasn't really good.
- Our table was a "high table"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2012Our table was a "high table" in the middle of the restaurant. Not a comfortable table for a business/lunch meeting. Too much foot traffic and to loud.
- The food was very good, andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/29/2012The food was very good, and mood and music were also very enjoyable. I really like the menu. The 12:45 pm time was perfect for our timing. I think our server was quite tired from the lunch rush as she was quite abrupt and made little eye contact.
- Good ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/29/2012Very good, although acoustics tend to amplify the ambient noise as opposed to suppressing it. A good place for a business lunch, and certainly very convenient for Bow Valley Square occupants.Special Features:
- Server wasn't pleasent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/22/2012Server wasn't pleasent, but everything else was good.
- Good central location, asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/19/2012Good central location, as we were coming from different directions. We were seated promptly and asked for our drinks. We ordered the meatball appetizer to share, and the server said it comes with 5 so would we like to add an additional meatball (there were 3 of us). I always think that it's great when the server does this in advance, so that you can decide how to split an appetizer BEFORE the dish comes to the table. The food arrived hot and the presentation was nice. Pasta was awesome, very tasty. Bill was brought promptly as well, and we were on our way well within 1 hour.Special Features:
- My experiences with RedwatertimchanDined on 9/18/2012My experiences with Redwater have always been good. The only change this time, is that Redwater is now implementing their own reservation system and are leaving OpenTable. This created some confusion because the original reservation was made under OpenTable.Special Features:
- The food is always very good,OlaLawDined on 9/18/2012The food is always very good, except it oftn takes long to get the order or the food once ordered.Special Features:
- Overall it was a great experience.FoodLoverDined on 9/17/2012Overall it was a great experience. A tad on the loud side but expected when the place is packed, even on a Monday.Special Features:
- Only complaint is that bothOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012Only complaint is that both steaks were under done (a lot). I had asked for well done. I sent mine back when it came out rare. It still only came back medium.Special Features:
- Great spot for a work lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/6/2012Great place for lunch meeting, quick out of the kitchen and quick with the bill. A little bit loud for table conversation but overall a great place to take employees.Special Features:
- Picked this location downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2012Picked this location downtown on weekedn to aviod line up and crowds. Free parking a bonusSpecial Features:
- we had reservation for 6:00happy28thDined on 8/31/2012we had reservation for 6:00 and were the only ones in at the moment with one server. at 6:30 the place started filling up and they still only had one server who was doing all the tables. it looks like all the business they do is in the lounge. food was good but they needed more server in the resturant. g