Townhouse Kitchen and Bar - Deerfield
695 Deerfield Rd.
Deerfield, IL 60015Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Townhouse Kitchen and Bar - Deerfield
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.restaurants-america.com/restaurants/6-townhouse
- Phone: 8479489700
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, French American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout
A word from Townhouse Kitchen and Bar - Deerfield
Featuring warm wood-paneled walls, beautiful hardwood flooring, an alluring wine wall and floor-to-ceiling windows, this distinctively urban restaurant and wine bar provides an elegant yet casual feel, ideal for lunch, dinner or after-work cocktails. Townhouse's uniquely designed menu offers a large selection of small plates, sandwiches, salads and entrees to suit any taste. To get directions to a Townhouse near you or to view a menu, select your state & city below. We look forward to dining with you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Townhouse Kitchen and Bar - Deerfield reviews from OpenTable diners
- Food came out not done toDKDFVIPDined on 7/27/2012Food came out not done to satisfaction. Told server and was told that's how it is done. Asked for manager to tell him abou te entire experience and he could care less. Place was empty so you would thing better service.
- One Of The Best Turkey BurgersRdy2EatVIPDined on 7/24/2012The Asian Turkey Burger here is incredible. Great spices. Outstanding option on the menu. Also really appreciate the kitchen and server staff willing to deal with unique dietary requirements. Big upgrade from the past with the new menu. Outstanding. Also nice to sit outside and eat.
- Love their small plates! AndOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/23/2012Love their small plates! And they have gluten-free and dairy-free optionsSpecial Features:
- Pretty good burgers & service.SixpacDined on 7/19/2012Pretty good burgers & service. Drinks are a little on the pricey side. Nothing special but nothing really bad either. I'd eat there again.
- The Ahi Tuna entree was excellent.NancyDDined on 7/15/2012The Ahi Tuna entree was excellent. So were the 2 appetizers, pretzel rolls and buffalo chicken strips. We will be back.Special Features:
- Sat outside for dinner, andgillyopussVIPDined on 7/10/2012Sat outside for dinner, and was a bit loud from street noise but actually warmer than inside (which was freezing cold). International colleagues ordered a variety of items they loved them all. I ordered the steak quesadilla appetizer and it was unique and delicious. I also got the Asian Turkey burger which was excellent. The french fries are great, service was awesome and it's a great little spot close to other shopping.Special Features:
- Food is consistently veryHungryGuyVIPDined on 7/8/2012Food is consistently very good. Service bad, but hasn't been as consistent.
- Deerfield - Townhouse KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/6/2012Wanted to try a place that had a more unique menu and it was a real treat. The food and presentation was first rate. Prices were very reasonable. Lots of TVs up high where you had a good view, but were not intrusive to the atmosphere. A nice balance.Special Features:
- Music was turned a bit loudLocalDinerVIPDined on 7/4/2012Music was turned a bit loud and the air conditioning wasn't quite coping with the heat wave. But the kitchen continues to do a nice job preparing delicious meals.
- Had a great experience. WaiterLizzieB14VIPDined on 6/29/2012Had a great experience. Waiter was friendly and attentive. The Asian turkey burger was one of the best turkey burgers I've ever had.Special Features:
- Townhouse has been going downhill.DellaVVIPDined on 6/22/2012Townhouse has been going downhill. The turkey burger was once a favorite had so much soy it looked like beef and just didn't taste good. Our server was indifferent and inattentive. The outdoor seating area is nice.
- In a single word, this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/21/2012In a single word, this place is "average". The ahi tacos were good, but everything else was unseasoned and bland. Our waitress was quite helpful and gave good recommendations.
- Hard to rate the ambianceFrequentGuestHereDined on 6/17/2012Hard to rate the ambiance as it was almost empty at brunch. Food took forever even tho we were among the few there. The server was trying her best but seemed to be all alone and that made no sense on a Father's day. Most of the food was ok but some things came in wrong and little kids were made to wait way too long.
- Missing it's potentialAndyVIPDined on 6/16/2012Restaurant has good potential but without active management role, it will not succeed. Staff pleasant but inexperienced. Food was very good. Service slow despite an empty restaurant on a Saturday night. Great background music. It is a shame.
- Nice atmosphere and servicesusanginzVIPDined on 6/3/2012Nice atmosphere and service was wonderful but they need to revamp their menu choices, specials, etc and attract more diners as it is always fairly empty there and being that I live in the same area, I would like to see it last.Special Features:
- Dinner, was a complete disappointmeOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/2/2012Dinner, was a complete disappointment. Reasons in the sequence they occurred: * They offer 5 beers on draft. We arrived at 8pm on a Saturday and were informed that they were out of 3 of these 5 beers. Odd, was that the restaurant was near empty. * Server - though new, needs better training. Utensils were removed between courses and I had to leave my table to request a fork. * Food - risotto; a bowl of flavorous mush. When we complained, we wer told they'd add "seasoning" to it. The cook added a handful of grated parmesan cheese. Didn't help. My wife didn't eat another bite. Nothing offered to compensate our bad meal. * We ate on the patio & during dinner, tables were cleared & chairs stacked. By 9:15, the place looked to be closing.
- Pretty bad...we were luredOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 5/31/2012Pretty bad...we were lured in by the 1000 points and location for a quick week night dinner. When we saw how empty it was at 715 pm we should have left. The server was nice but really didn't know a lot and misquoted 1/2 off apps. We could have dealt with that but the food was awful. Carrots on a buffalo chicken flat bread...isn't celery the usual accompaniment? Fish tacos had an odd taste and the veggie burger was like eating a bland mushroom patty with peas....yuk! Fries were cold. Drinks were average at best. We'll never go back even for 10,000 OT points....
- Can't say much about our experienceSuzyVIPDined on 5/26/2012Can't say much about our experience at Townhouse except it was not memorable . Hostess was lovely , liked the decor, service was good but the food was nothing special. They are trying to please families, grouped , late night diners and not doing any of them great. , Might return. For a drink and appetizers if I were in the area.
- We went to Townhouse Kitchenjtyler54Dined on 5/26/2012We went to Townhouse Kitchen and Bar on a Living Social voucher on a Saturday, at 5pm. There was only two other parties in the restaurant. The food was good/average, however the menu is limited and overpriced. My husband had a burger - $11, I had fish tacos - $16 and we shared a banana bread pudding for desert - $10. We will not be returning soon.Special Features:
- Our waiter misordered my daughter'sOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/18/2012Our waiter misordered my daughter's meal-she ordered a cheeseburger, he brought grilled cheese. She's four..please don't make her wait longer than us for dinner! He blamed the mistake on the kitchen. Then the manager brought the corrected plate to our table, but didn't offer to buy a drink or a dessert for the mistake. Our final bill showed we were billed for a grilled cheese, so it was clear the waiter was to blame for the error. My husband and I had food that was very expensive and not tasty-he received a well done steak to his rare order. Go here for a drink and fries if you want to be outside...otherwise, stay away!Special Features:
- We have been to TownhouseDellaVVIPDined on 5/15/2012We have been to Townhouse a number of times and we noticed that service slipped a bit. It took a few minutes to put in our drink order and the server who had always been great before seemed indifferent. I would have caught the mistake on your plate if I served it. But no offer to correct. The food is good but part of the draw to Townhouse has been 1000 pts. With that limited I don't know how often I'll be back.?
- We visited Townhouse KitchenChalet133VIPDined on 5/13/2012We visited Townhouse Kitchen and Bar on Mother's Day. We went early so it was very quiet. Our table tried the Jambalaya, the pear salad, fish tacos, and the tuna melt. Everyone was happy with their dinner.Special Features:
- This is a good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2012This is a good restaurant that has very poor leadership and doesn't get the concept of 'hospitality'. No one seems to be running the place. We had 7 o'clock reservations on a Saturday night. Prime time, right? You'd think they'd be at their best. But no one except the bus boys seemed to know what they were doing. The "host" acknowledged us and that we had a reservation, but basically ignored us while making us wait fifteen minutes without another word. The waiter was very inexperienced, could hardly greet us, got the drink order wrong---twice---and the drink was not well mixed at all. Food was not bad...hamburgers and fish tacos very tasty. But it's hard to find a compelling reason to return. Doesn't seem like it will last long.Special Features:
- Service was terrible, we wereWeissFiveVIPDined on 5/12/2012Service was terrible, we were never asked for second rounds of drinks. When we did place an order the drinks didn't come till after we finished the meal. Manager never came by to apologize or seemed to care. The bill took 15 minutes and it looked like there was only one waitress working all the tables. Menu was hard to figure out! We will never go back and the price for the food seemed a bit high.
- We were very impressed withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/7/2012We were very impressed with our first experience. We loved our lunch, had excellant service, & enjoyed the pleasant atmosphere and will definately dine here again to try other menu items.Special Features:
- The wait staff and managementOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/5/2012The wait staff and management were great. The food was very good. The atmosphere was really nice.Special Features:
- all at onceBarrydogVIPDined on 5/4/2012We received our Appetizer, soup and entree all at the same time and the server just laughed it off like nothing was out of the ordinary. We will not be back
- Very tasty food. A bit tooOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/4/2012Very tasty food. A bit too "energetic" for our tastes - hard to carry on a conversation. But otherwise a very good place for good eats.Special Features:
- The food was ok for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/29/2012The food was ok for the price. I expected a little more. The wine list was lacking character. The space is nice but the food needs help.Special Features:
- First time visiting this newKimbaDined on 4/29/2012First time visiting this new restaurant. Small but interesting menu. Food was good. Decor was nice. Will try again.
- Food was OK. I had the steakannevarsaryVIPDined on 4/27/2012Food was OK. I had the steak sandwich. A bit tough but ok flavor. Slow service. Good menu choices. Everyone said they would go back and give it another try. Pretzel sticks very good.Special Features:
- Service was terribleOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/27/2012We waited 15 minutes with little kids. No one asked for a drink order. I had to stop a server to be helped. Then they blew off my drink order. Had no good reason they couldn't find it. Would only go back if nothing else was available.
- The three at our table allEnjoyEatingVIPDined on 4/22/2012The three at our table all very much enjoyed our entrees ... cheeseburger, fish tacos, and the steak quesadillas. We also very much enjoyed our one dessert ... bread pudding. We thought the decor of the restaurant was especially pretty. We look forward to visiting again soon.Special Features:
- our waiter seemed out of sortsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/21/2012our waiter seemed out of sorts and could not figure out which table got what bill or which table got what food order. I ordered the turkey burger, and my slaw was mush and the burger really really well done. My husband had the grilled chicken blt and it was very bland. No one ever asked to refill the water after the bottle was empty, and it was just below par.
- The Skokie Clan.Trixie40VIPDined on 4/20/2012We were hoping for a new menu and bar choices. Not much happening here with creative choices and competitive pricing. We have our fingers' crossed that this great location offers much more.
- Sorry to say, I have beensmddsVIPDined on 4/20/2012Sorry to say, I have been twice and the food is very disappointing. The pork sandwich is a jumbled mess. They either have no clue as to what kind of dishes people like or no idea how to execute. I wanted to ask my server to take a bite of my sandwich and give me his opinion.Special Features:
- Food was good but this placebigdogVIPDined on 4/14/2012Food was good but this place is a not a great value! If you are traveling to Deerfield for dinner, head over to the Italian Kitchen across the street for a better bang for your buck!
- This was our second time hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/14/2012This was our second time here for dinner! Excellent food and service!Special Features:
- Great food. We were pleasantlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2012Great food. We were pleasantly surprised. Appetizer of rock shrimp and calamari with Asian spin--yummy! My salmon was perfect and my husband's fish tacos were the best he'd had in many years. His comparison is San Diego fish tacos. Will certainly return!Special Features:
- We had apps and drinks atHungryGuyVIPDined on 4/14/2012We had apps and drinks at the bar this time. Really good food...nice atmosphere. Our "go-to" neighborhood place.Special Features: