111 S. Wacker
Chicago, IL 60606Neighborhood:
Downtown / Loop
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://townhousewinebar.com/
- Phone: 3129488240x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11am - 9pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Cecilia Light
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For catering inquiries, please contact our Event Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Events: For event inquiries, please contact our Event Coordinator at email@example.com.
A word from Townhouse Chicago
This distinctly urban restaurant and wine bar provides an elegant yet casual feel, ideal for lunch, dinner or after work cocktails. Townhouse's unique menu offers a large selection of small plates, sandwiches, salads and entrees to suit any taste.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Townhouse Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for lunch (36)good for groups (14)great for outdoor dining (13)hot spot (8)fit for foodies (7)vibrant bar scene (7)notable wine list (6)special occasion (4)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)scenic view (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- FantasticNoodlesDined on 10/13/2014I love the Townhouse, it is convenient, great food, wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:
- Business Lunch SpotMaggieDined on 10/3/2014Food is good, service is good..... but take the later lunch time if you can. It's very loud when the dining room is full. Better to wait till 1:00 when it's quieter if you want to hear your lunch companions. Turkey burger is just OK. Townhouse burger is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TubsDined on 10/3/2014Great food. The Calamari appetizer was terrific, fried to perfection, tender...not cheey with a perfect amount of kick added to make it uniquely different. My fish was cooked to perfection, the waiter was timely and courteous. Highly recommend as a great place for lunch. Not too loud nor a library ... Manageable sound levelSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine by the Glassdebs13VIPDined on 9/23/2014Really nice selection of reds and whites by the glass, not just 2 like some places. Try the prime rib sandwich with a side of roasted cauliflower. Absoutely delish. Top rate service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodWonderfulVIPDined on 9/22/2014I had a salad with Salmon at a business lunch. The Salmon was mealy and old. I won't go back.
- Chopped Salad Too DryAdRockDined on 9/18/2014The chopped salad with chicken was too dry. I understand not wanting to drown it in dressing, but this was the opposite. Also, the chicken breast was slightly overdone.
- Rediscovered great placeDavidVIPDined on 9/9/2014I forgot how much I like this place and last week a co- worker recommended it. The jambalaya was wonderful, definitely recommend.Special Features:
- Great small platesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/8/2014I ate at Townhouse with a friend. We shared three small plates -- the crabcakes, the shrimp tacos and the calamari. Each dish was prepared perfectly -- the calamari came in a broth and was very fresh - the crabcakes were light and flaky and was actually much larger than expected. The shrimp tacos were very fresh as well and the addition of slivers of radishes really gave it a kick. The dressing on the shrimp was light and flavorful. I would recommend the same meal to anyone. Our service was good, but we had to wait for the check. The ambience in this restaurant is busy and with some excitement/a little noisy. Great restaurant close by my office in Willis Tower.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticNoodlesDined on 8/29/2014The service is fantastic, great wine list, good for after hours stop.Special Features:
- LoudOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014Need to re-fill ice tea more often. Not as attentive as one would have wanted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotSouthSideFoodieDined on 8/11/2014The entree salads at lunch were fantastic! Perfect size and delicious! It is a little loud when sitting inside. Service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/5/2014I ordered a mediterranean quinoa bowl that the waiter recommended. It was fairly bland, tasted mostly like olive oil. My boyfriend got a beef and vegetable sandwich; he liked the vegetables but said the beef was too dry. I had made a reservation and in the memo box I had written that we were there to celebrate my bf's birthday. No mention of the birthday was made, and when I asked a waitress if they did anything special for birthdays, she flat out said no. No song, no well wishes, no offer of a dessert. Unfortunately, I will not be returning to this restaurant nor will I be recommending it to anyone else.
- UnderwhelmingGoodorbadVIPDined on 7/29/2014Turkey burger was very dry and overcooked. Another diner at our table had a similar issue with one of his dishes.
- Great loop happy hour spotcatloverVIPDined on 7/16/2014My company has made this our new happy hour spot. Most of the bars near us on S. Wacker get very loud for happy hour, but Townhouse is usually not as packed and loud. The last time we went for a co-worker's birthday the staff was so sweet. We had to move from our table that I made a reservation for because they had a large party coming in, but they were very nice and moved us to a new table where they gave us glasses of champagne to make up for it. We did not expect that, but it made me like this place even more.Special Features:
- The following 206 reviews are from the Townhouse Chicago reviews archive.
- Light foodAuntieMVIPDined on 6/17/2014Good for small plates/light food. Hostess was VERY helpful .... however, she recommended the cauliflower which sounded wonderful ... but it only came cold and I wanted it hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Had the grill chicken sandwich on wheat. Bread was Soggy and too much sauce. Not a good choice. A whole wheat bun would have been a better combo. The Walley sandwich was dry and looked to be frozen and then deep fried. Over priced for the portion. Table for two is a bit small and it was more like eating at a cafeteria with the noise level.
- DisappointedMonty17Dined on 6/10/2014My fiancé and I came to this place excited, but we left disappointed. We had to wait five minutes at the door for someone to seat us and it was not that busy for a Tuesday night. After we were seated, a server did not approach us for at least another 5 minutes, if not closer to 10 minutes. Once the server approached, she was pleasent and helpful. The food was average and a little bland.
- A Little Loud But Fine OverallEdhollisVIPDined on 6/4/2014This is not a place for a business dinner. Ceramic tile and wood floors plus nothing to absorb the noise on the walls makes for a very loud atmosphere. But that's fine if you are having a fun group dinner or gathering, or if you're hanging at the bar. The bar has lots of seating with TVs for watching the game. Overall, I would be back.Special Features:
- High quality meal for lunch!jujumuccVIPDined on 6/4/2014Great for vegetarians and carnivores - delicious salads and other more hearty dishes and snacks like polenta sticks!Special Features:
- Great place for lunchGEgal15Dined on 6/4/2014With making reservation, we were able to have a nice lunch and still keep it to an hour. The wait staff was very good. Lots of options on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outside is niceJoyceVIPDined on 6/3/2014But make sure it isn't a windy day. Kind of a wind tunnel between the buildings so make sure it's quiet when you go. Food is always good. I had the veggie wrap which was good. A friend had the steak salad and really like it. I'm having that next time.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodCJShopperDined on 5/30/2014Townhouse can always be counted on for good food and service. Great weekday lunch spot and not a bad idea for Friday happy hour.Special Features:
- Chef Had Off-DaybluekirbyDined on 5/16/20144 dishes were all too salty, only dish not salty was the jambalaya, the single item on the menu that was kept during the menu change. Bring back lobster mac n cheese! Also don't sit right by the window since there's a tangible air current (just look at the candles dance). Had a deal, but otherwise not worth the price (15-20% overcharged).Special Features:
- Above Average (for a Bar)OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014The food and drinks are outstanding to say the least. I would hesitate to recommend this restaurant simply because of the noise level. The service was outstanding, even if the waiter was a bit sluggish to find us at first.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2014Acoustics are horrible, you practically need to yell to be heard. We went for a lunch meeting and it was uncomfortably loud. Why did they blast Katie Perry's Roar at noon and then turn it down again? Don't you know your clientele is 95% business people?Special Features:
- mondays not so goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/5/2014In past food was better, the flatbread appetizer was really bad. The prime rib sandwich fairr.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyabledanddinerDined on 5/2/2014Modern ambience has a nice flair. Food was great for the special price. Service was friendly & attentive. Other than the noise level which was pretty loud when the place is full, I think this is a favorable option for a meal before the show or just for a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- How do they call this a wine bar?GloSVIPDined on 5/2/2014Went here before the opera. It is extremely loud making conversation very difficult. We had dinner. I had a salad with meat that was almost not edible. The wine list is atrocious. Kim Crawford Sauvignon Blanc was probably the best thing however, it sells for $12/glass. I bought a bottle of it at Binny's for $9.99 on sale. More than a 5-fold uplift in wine prices. Ridiculous.Special Features:
- Hopping place après work!mhikerDined on 4/30/2014happy hour specials - wine tasting w/tapas...good to see the place packed while maintaining its standards of good pricing, food and service!Special Features:
- Noisy Business LunchTimeZoneTravelerVIPDined on 4/24/2014We suggested this place for lunch with a client. Although the place was very noisy, overly noisy actually, the food was excellent albeit a bit pricey, but the experience was enjoyable. I would go back, probably for a later lunch.Special Features:
- Food good, but too loudOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/23/2014So loud that I couldn't have a conversation with my client.
- A cut aboveLoopluncherVIPDined on 4/22/2014Great location for lunch if you are looking for something a little different from the usual chain restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh. There are better places to gosievegirlDined on 4/21/2014I booked a business lunch on Monday, 4/21 and it was quiet (it was Easter Monday). The service was slow. The food was ok-nothing to write home to mom about and the service was lacking. We only saw the server twice before getting the check. Once for the order and once to ask how things were. No one came to refill the water or ask if we wanted refills on our beverages so I was thirsty. I don't plan on coming back nor recommending this to colleagues.Special Features:
- GreatWorklunchDined on 4/17/2014The food was good and the service was good. Nothing over the top or different than other local places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not too goodChicagoDiningPairVIPDined on 3/14/2014Wanted a stiff drink and a decent burger, got neither. Poorly setup restaurant with a mediocre food selection. Was all edible, just not very good.
- Great food every timeJoyceVIPDined on 3/14/2014Never disappointed when I eat there. Nice choices without having a huge menu. The specials are always worth considering but with a great pulled pork or the tacos it's hard to pass up the regular menu choices.Special Features:
- We were seated by the door.NanobelVIPDined on 3/13/2014We were seated by the door. It was difficult to talk when people standing and waiting (for a table) right next to you. The girl's hair literally touching my shoulder.I would recommend this to a friend.
- nice open area, different bar foodsbuckeyegirlVIPDined on 3/11/2014Polenta sticks yummy and different. Mac and cheese quinoa really good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our party ordered LobsterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/5/2014One of our party ordered Lobster Mac and Cheese - this person felt like her dish was not real lobster but instead crawfish. She left more than half of her meal. One of our party ordered Linquini and Calamari - this person felt like it was way too lemony. One of our party iordered the salad with the turkey - this person felt the salad was average. Two of our party ordered panacotta for desert and both felt like their desert was swimming in sauce and could nopt really taste the panacotta. The third person ordered gelato and felt it was good. This was a business lunch and due to the food content was a little embarassing. Our company will not be reserving at the Townhouse again.
- DisapointingFrequentDinerDined on 3/5/2014I've had great meals at Townhouse, but lunch this week was a disappointment. The quinoa "special" entree with chicken had clearly been sitting on the stove too long, and was mushy. Hope this was unusual, and not a trend.