716 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.townsc.com/
- Phone: 6505953003x7
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday-Friday - Mid-Day Menu: 2:30pm-5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Cheng
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Town
Town opened in March of 2006. Located in the heart of downtown San Carlos. Town features hand cut steaks & chops, the freshest seafood, local organic produce, hand crafted cocktails, and a wine list with a focus on California, Washington and Oregon wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Town reviews from OpenTable diners
310 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (176)special occasion (153)vibrant bar scene (147)fit for foodies (133)hot spot (120)great for lunch (113)great for brunch (103)good for groups (99)great for outdoor dining (99)notable wine list (69)romantic (66)kid-friendly (33)late-night find (27)scenic view (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/14/2014Food is always great at town! Brunch was delicious! I had the chicken and waffle and that's definitely my favorite for brunch. The service was good as always. Town is definitely the best restaurant on laurel street in San Carlos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/14/2014Came here with my wife and friends for my wife's birthday. Food was good and service was fast and very attentive to our table. The only down size is that it is a little pricey but overall the experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Gota Be ThereHamMDined on 9/12/2014So much fun, such a wonderful staff, and the Deviled Eggs were to die for!! Reservations are a must, we made ours four weeks in advance. Parking can be a challenge and you should give yourself plenty of time to find a spot. As would be expected with all the restaurants along the street, it is very busy on a Friday night but it is well worth all the effort to have dinner at Town. We will return soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSharonVIPDined on 9/10/2014I have been to Town twice and had a good experience both times. The meats were cooked to perfection. The lobster is a large portion unlike the tiny lobsters you get elsewhere. I had a side of heirloom tomatoes with my steak and there were only 4 small tomatoes. Wish they were more. The meat loaf is quite delicious. All the appetizers were good except the BBQ shrimp was overcooked and the shaking beef was also overcooked. Wish you had mushrooms as a side dish as I think they go good with steaks. Town was not tight with the liquor which is a good thing. I was surprised that there were not any bread. I do judge a restaurant by the amount of liquor they give. The staff is very attentive and very courteous.Special Features:
- etknoxVIPDined on 9/10/2014This place never lets me down. Still the best rib eye and bread pudding in the peninsual area.Special Features:
- OscarTangoDined on 9/3/2014Great food, attentive servers and they never made us feel rushed. A very relaxing meal.Special Features:
- Best dining experience in years!TreemanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Our server, Jen, was attentive, knowledgeable, personable, professional, and considerate. This was a wedding anniversary celebration (>40 years!), and the restaurant provided printed menus with the date and "Happy Anniversay!" to us. Provided complimentary desserts with a candle for the occasion. Menu was varied, ambitious, and extremely appealing. I had heard very good things about Town, and it definitely met my expectations. We'll be back, and will be recommending it to others.Special Features:
- Twin2Dined on 8/30/2014My husband had the Steak Benedict he said it was great. To get him to say that is a real complementSpecial Features:
- Our Favorite!JulieDaveDined on 8/29/2014Town is our favorite restaurant! Period! Love the food, the value, the service, and we have been going since the A Tavola days! It is simply our favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/27/2014Very vibrant place. Lots of energy. Food overall was good. Overall service was good.Special Features:
- Disappointingfrqnttrvlr94104Dined on 8/27/2014What an exciting, vibrant venue. Too bad the food didn't measure up. Prime rib was excellent looking on presentation, but turned out to be dry and unappetizing. Ordered medium rare; it was medium. Waiter was sooo busy with his tables, he didn't really check in on us midway to see how the food was. Only chance to ask for coffee refill was when he presented the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!menmarcDined on 8/27/2014We had never been to Town before but decided to try it to celebrate my birthday. The service was excellent as was the food.Special Features:
- CharlotteDined on 8/26/2014Friends celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary had never been to Town and LOVED it!! They're fussy diners. I have been many times and have always been pleased with food, service, etc. I highly recommend Town to one and all. CharlotteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeceSFDined on 8/25/2014Best bread pudding I've ever had. I keep coming back to Town just for the bread pudding. The skirt steak with the garlic mashed potatoes are just as delicious, not to mention their warm napa cabbage. Always a great dining experience at Town.Special Features:
- YummyMelissaVIPDined on 8/24/2014Love their weekend brunch. So glad they extended hours to start earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New San CarlospallieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Downtown San Carlos as transformed dramatically in the last 15 years. From sleepy by 7 to vibrant indoor and outdoor dining all along Laurel Street (north), Town Restaurant is the keystone. Upscale design with large square bar, leather upholstered booths and even a Sushi Bar illustrate the eclectic offerings. The menu offers meat, fish, pasta, salads all well prepared with emphasis on delicious and some new notes. For example, the deep fried lemon slices served with the sole had a fresh touch, and was excellent. Bread pudding dessert is well known and widely appreciated. Service is attentive and accommodating. Outdoor dining on the sidewalk. Well stocked bar (but no Talisker, sadly).Special Features:
- Excellent lunchFun2eatVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had lunch at Town in San Carlos. Salads and salmon sandwich were excellent. Best French fries, but even better was the service, outstanding.Special Features:
- A Celebration to RememberjuliemacDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed the royal treatment when dining at Town for our son's 21st birthday celebration. From the moment we walked in, the hostess Allicia, the bartender, and our server, Jenny, treated us to excellent service, specially printed menus, and over-the-top delectable foods, drinks, and desserts. Seated out front, we enjoyed dishes like the wedge salad, pork chops, skirt steak, and prime rib. The flavors of each dish were popping! The same held true when it came to dessert. The birthday boy was treated to the famous bread pudding, while the rest of us enjoyed a six-layer cake and hot fudge sundae. We are still dreaming of it all! Thank you, Town, for such a wonderful night and for making his birthday one to remember.Special Features:
- An Evening On The TownPoohpaDined on 8/19/2014This was our first time at the Town and it was worth the weeks wait for a reservation. We arrived a bit early but were promptly seated. The Town is definitely a hot spot and in spite of being very vibrant we were pleased to be able to hold a conversation without yelling. The service was very personable and outside of a timing glitch to start (My Barrel Aged Manhattan came along with my Tomato Bisque) was very efficient. This was a minor glitch as surprisingly the flavors melded quite nicely together and both were delicious. The food overall is very good. The steaks were cooked to perfection. Our only criticism is the 'sides' could use a bit of work. The Mac'n'Cheese and Broccoli were pretty average though my 'Loaded Baked Potato' was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a DelightmzscapesVIPDined on 8/17/2014As frequent diners @ Town, we enjoiy the food, service and professionalism of the staff... This was a dual birthday celebraiton and the once again Town performed to their high standards... A special shout out to Jenny our server for another stellar experience and taking care of our elder mothers and dietary needs... We shall return !!!Special Features:
- Fun for BrunchBB1948Dined on 8/17/2014We have been to Town before but not for Sunday brunch. It was very busy with people sitting at the bar watching the football game and people meeting friends for lunch/brunch. The noise was a vibrant exciting noise that filled the place with the hustle and bustle of having a good time. Country Eggs Benedict were light and tasty. Overall a great Sunday brunch experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Party of 3 for dinner. Bone-in Ribeye was good. Chocolate cake was the star of the night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/16/2014We've been going to this restaurant since they opened - however, in the last few months, the quality of the food has declined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceDjfoodDined on 8/16/2014We've been to town many times and this visit was an anomaly. Our server was nice and efficient and once we had our food she became invisible. She may have been working on to go orders or some other administrative task but we finally had to stop a table busser and ask him to find our server. It took him a long time to find her. Our kids left, walked to Starbucks, got a coffee, came back, and finished the coffee before our check arrived. The food was excellent as always; but being forced to wait for the check (to the point where we talked about just walking out) will ruin even the best meal.
- Best brunchBrunchDined on 8/16/2014Love town! It's a gem on the peninsula and a great place to have brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food - wonderful serviceHotspotDined on 8/16/2014The service was excellent. Very crowded, popular place. Fortunately we were seated in back where noise level wasn't as bad so we could have a normal conversation. Loved the foodSpecial Features:
- bcorriganDined on 8/15/2014One of my favorites - great menu, something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014I've been here for many friends birthdays! The menu is always Amazing and the service is always spectacular! Make reservations, it's soooo worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014This is the first time I did not really enjoy my meal at Town. I ordered the stir fried veggies with chicken. It was very bland, and they did not have brown rice. Disappointing because I have loved most of my other meals here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunch!BiotechdinnerDined on 8/13/2014Great spot for lunch on the peninsula! They have a lunch special for 18 dollars that is great! You can choose a starter and an entree. Be sure to get reservations - the plasce gets filled up at noon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a special touchDaniGDined on 8/11/2014WE always enjoy going to TOWN because we know the food is of great quality and is always consistent. We love the menu. There is always something for any guest we bring. The passion fruit martini was a huge hit! Loved our waiter. Loved the people watching too! oh and dessert...we would choose to go to TOWN just for the bread pudding!Special Features:
- What a great place!NanaVIPDined on 8/11/2014Every time I go to this restaurant I always have great service. The food is amazing and the bar is fantastic! I love their brunch which is AMAZING! Can not complain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome RestaurantJaneSDined on 8/9/2014Great steak! Great ambiance! Fantastic desserts! One of my favorite restaurants in the Bay Area - only reason not 5 stars is that it's a bit too noisy.Special Features:
- Excellent foodMistyVIPDined on 8/9/2014The food here was excellent! The rolls and tataki were very tasty, and the steaks were wonderful. The prime rib was a bit overcooked (medium instead of medium rare as ordered), but the baseball cut steak was perfect. Service was sketchy. The servers kept putting food down in front of the wrong people so we had to hand around the plates. We also had to request condiments more than once since the server wouldn't come back after a request was made. And getting water refilled was a challenge. We would go back for the food, but I hope the servers can be more on the ball next time.Special Features:
- wonderful birthday dinnerMickeyVIPDined on 8/6/2014Celebrated a birthday. Dinner was delicious. The waiter was helpful and attentive. Highly recommend Town for all occasions!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First round failfoodie4sureDined on 8/6/2014Ate at Town. My colleague ordered the Halibut which was so over cooked it was like jerky. We had to send it back. When we did the manager was very apologetic, very attentive, and they made it again. They also took the charge for dinner off of the final check. So, I would recommend this restaurant in the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at TownJudi22reviewsDined on 8/6/2014I had lunch with three family members whom I have not seen in a long time. I asked for their most quiet table and got it. The wait staff were very friendly and efficient and most of all the food was delicious! I had the cobb salad and it was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for business lunchTravel4FoodDined on 8/6/2014Town is a great place for a business lunch. Quiet enough inside to hear each other without shouting. Nice spacing between tables. Good food. I had the chinese chicken salad which was excellent. Nice variety of non-alcoholic cocktails. I had the DeeDee which is primarily pineapple juice and ginger beer. Interesting flavors and beautifully presented with a large pineapple slice, but I would skip it next time. Too sweet. For dessert we both had the Banana Pound Cake with a caramelized banana, scoop of vanilla ice cream and slice of pound cake with a rum sauce. This was disappointing. The flavor of the sauce wasn't strong enough, so the pound cake was just soggy without much flavor. The caramelized banana and ice cream were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Has it allRobTomVIPDined on 8/5/2014Another great dinner at Town. You can get dressed up - and have mac n cheese. You can enjoy fine wine with your epic ribs - and have custom-printed Happy Birthday menus for your 10 year old, and waiter who makes a nice fuss over her and brings the most delicious bread pudding with a candle in it when you try to pass on dessert. Thanks again, Town! Pride of San Carlos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special OccasionSurpriseDined on 8/4/2014My husband and I went there for our wedding anniversary dinner. We always wanted to try this restaurant. It was perfect for us! Everything was perfect, the atmosphere, the noise level, the food (taste & presentation), and most of all, our service. We started off with the Ahi Tuna Tataki appetizer, + salad greens; my husband had the 20oz Bone-in Ribeye steak, and I had their Prime Rib. The desserts were great too, (although we were too full to finish them). It had a vibrant atmosphere, the noise & energy level was humming around us, yet we could hear our conversation between the two of us (it wasn't loud). Fantastic! We will return again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.