716 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.townsc.com/
- Phone: (650) 595-3003 ext. 7
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday-Friday - Mid-Day Menu: 2:30pm-5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Cheng
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Town
Town opened in March of 2006. Located in the heart of downtown San Carlos. Town features hand cut steaks & chops, the freshest seafood, local organic produce, hand crafted cocktails, and a wine list with a focus on California, Washington and Oregon wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Town reviews from OpenTable diners
300 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (180)special occasion (162)fit for foodies (141)vibrant bar scene (135)hot spot (127)great for lunch (112)good for groups (107)great for brunch (106)great for outdoor dining (93)romantic (62)notable wine list (57)kid-friendly (45)late-night find (27)scenic view (1)Show More
- Whats going on...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014For the first time in a long time we wondered what has happened at our go to restaurant. My drink came wrong, a vegetable listed on the menu with an entree was not right, an up charge to sub rice for a another starch on an entree. All minor, just not as good as we have to come to expect from Town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeshortandsweetDined on 9/19/2014Second time at TOWN and enjoyed our experience. This time with the hubby, though he wasn't too impressed. It wasn't just the food, but the service and venue itself, along with service. Always excellent! Had the skirt stake which was a mistake. First time I ate at TOWN, I had the Ribeye and that was excellent. Should've tried either the Ribs or Prime Rib. But my drink and dessert was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingsosorryDined on 9/18/2014I had been to Town several times before and was always impressed with their Brunch menu (chilequiles). However, the dinner menu and quality of food leaves a lot to be desired. I had the Filet mignon (Baseball cut/prep) with a red wine glaze and while the meat was tender and cooked well enough, the side of corn with cheese was actually more flavorful. I expected more quality for a $38 piece of meat. My Moscow Muel was passable but they used to serve in a more compelling mug - now it is just a plain old silver barrel shape mug. The waitress was nice enough but from the minute we sat down, felt like we were rushed to get out. The worst (read most disappointing) part of our meal was the bread pudding dessert - was just plain.Special Features:
- EVERYTHING GREATEdwardVIPDined on 9/18/2014Whole meal a delight. Perfect salad.....Steak and fish cooked perfectly. Dessert wonderful A wonderful night outSpecial Features:
- SalesTravelerVIPDined on 9/17/2014boisterous restaurant atmosphere at the end of the meal overshadowed the quietude present at the beginning.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect right from the startChef63withWifeDined on 9/17/2014Warm greeting, beautifully appointed dining and bar areas, amazing service consistent throughout a perfect meal. Each dish was prepAred and presented with attention to detail. Interesting and wonderfully flavorful dishes. The halibut was to live for, the Ceasar salad was superb with the Parmesan crisps, the bread pudding was over the moon delicious and the attentiveness of our server, Lou-Ann made the whole experience perfect. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak anywhere!JeffVIPDined on 9/16/2014I live in Texas and steak and ribs are proudly proclaimed throughout. But the Town NY Strip and bone-in ribeye are the best I've ever had anywhere. Frequent travels to the Bay Area keep me coming back every time to taste these flavorful delights. And if you have a sweet tooth, the chocolate Sunday is simply wonderful for sharing.Special Features:
- Good FoodJouvenetDined on 9/14/2014We made a reservation for 5 pm since I was told that sometimes Town can get a bit busy. That was an understatement. The place was full within minutes of us being seated at 5 pm and I can see why. The food was great and so was the service. I will certainly recommend Town when I have the chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IzzyDined on 9/14/2014Food is always great at town! Brunch was delicious! I had the chicken and waffle and that's definitely my favorite for brunch. The service was good as always. Town is definitely the best restaurant on laurel street in San Carlos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch placemelkorDined on 9/14/2014Came here with my wife and friends for my wife's birthday. Food was good and service was fast and very attentive to our table. The only down size is that it is a little pricey but overall the experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Gota Be ThereHamMDined on 9/12/2014So much fun, such a wonderful staff, and the Deviled Eggs were to die for!! Reservations are a must, we made ours four weeks in advance. Parking can be a challenge and you should give yourself plenty of time to find a spot. As would be expected with all the restaurants along the street, it is very busy on a Friday night but it is well worth all the effort to have dinner at Town. We will return soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSharonVIPDined on 9/10/2014I have been to Town twice and had a good experience both times. The meats were cooked to perfection. The lobster is a large portion unlike the tiny lobsters you get elsewhere. I had a side of heirloom tomatoes with my steak and there were only 4 small tomatoes. Wish they were more. The meat loaf is quite delicious. All the appetizers were good except the BBQ shrimp was overcooked and the shaking beef was also overcooked. Wish you had mushrooms as a side dish as I think they go good with steaks. Town was not tight with the liquor which is a good thing. I was surprised that there were not any bread. I do judge a restaurant by the amount of liquor they give. The staff is very attentive and very courteous.Special Features:
- etknoxVIPDined on 9/10/2014This place never lets me down. Still the best rib eye and bread pudding in the peninsual area.Special Features:
- OscarTangoDined on 9/3/2014Great food, attentive servers and they never made us feel rushed. A very relaxing meal.Special Features:
- Best dining experience in years!TreemanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Our server, Jen, was attentive, knowledgeable, personable, professional, and considerate. This was a wedding anniversary celebration (>40 years!), and the restaurant provided printed menus with the date and "Happy Anniversay!" to us. Provided complimentary desserts with a candle for the occasion. Menu was varied, ambitious, and extremely appealing. I had heard very good things about Town, and it definitely met my expectations. We'll be back, and will be recommending it to others.Special Features:
- Twin2Dined on 8/30/2014My husband had the Steak Benedict he said it was great. To get him to say that is a real complementSpecial Features:
- Our Favorite!JulieDaveDined on 8/29/2014Town is our favorite restaurant! Period! Love the food, the value, the service, and we have been going since the A Tavola days! It is simply our favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/27/2014Very vibrant place. Lots of energy. Food overall was good. Overall service was good.Special Features:
- Disappointingfrqnttrvlr94104Dined on 8/27/2014What an exciting, vibrant venue. Too bad the food didn't measure up. Prime rib was excellent looking on presentation, but turned out to be dry and unappetizing. Ordered medium rare; it was medium. Waiter was sooo busy with his tables, he didn't really check in on us midway to see how the food was. Only chance to ask for coffee refill was when he presented the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!menmarcDined on 8/27/2014We had never been to Town before but decided to try it to celebrate my birthday. The service was excellent as was the food.Special Features:
- The fuss is justified!MelloBVIPDined on 8/26/2014I love Town. It can be irratatingly difficult to get a table when you want one and the noise can be deafening - but the FOOD, and the SERVICE, make it all worthwhile! Plan ahead, ask for a quieter table toward the back, and save room for bread pudding!Special Features:
- CharlotteDined on 8/26/2014Friends celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary had never been to Town and LOVED it!! They're fussy diners. I have been many times and have always been pleased with food, service, etc. I highly recommend Town to one and all. CharlotteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeceSFVIPDined on 8/25/2014Best bread pudding I've ever had. I keep coming back to Town just for the bread pudding. The skirt steak with the garlic mashed potatoes are just as delicious, not to mention their warm napa cabbage. Always a great dining experience at Town.Special Features:
- YummyMelissaVIPDined on 8/24/2014Love their weekend brunch. So glad they extended hours to start earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New San CarlospallieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Downtown San Carlos as transformed dramatically in the last 15 years. From sleepy by 7 to vibrant indoor and outdoor dining all along Laurel Street (north), Town Restaurant is the keystone. Upscale design with large square bar, leather upholstered booths and even a Sushi Bar illustrate the eclectic offerings. The menu offers meat, fish, pasta, salads all well prepared with emphasis on delicious and some new notes. For example, the deep fried lemon slices served with the sole had a fresh touch, and was excellent. Bread pudding dessert is well known and widely appreciated. Service is attentive and accommodating. Outdoor dining on the sidewalk. Well stocked bar (but no Talisker, sadly).Special Features:
- Excellent lunchFun2eatVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had lunch at Town in San Carlos. Salads and salmon sandwich were excellent. Best French fries, but even better was the service, outstanding.Special Features:
- A Celebration to RememberjuliemacDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed the royal treatment when dining at Town for our son's 21st birthday celebration. From the moment we walked in, the hostess Allicia, the bartender, and our server, Jenny, treated us to excellent service, specially printed menus, and over-the-top delectable foods, drinks, and desserts. Seated out front, we enjoyed dishes like the wedge salad, pork chops, skirt steak, and prime rib. The flavors of each dish were popping! The same held true when it came to dessert. The birthday boy was treated to the famous bread pudding, while the rest of us enjoyed a six-layer cake and hot fudge sundae. We are still dreaming of it all! Thank you, Town, for such a wonderful night and for making his birthday one to remember.Special Features:
- An Evening On The TownPoohpaDined on 8/19/2014This was our first time at the Town and it was worth the weeks wait for a reservation. We arrived a bit early but were promptly seated. The Town is definitely a hot spot and in spite of being very vibrant we were pleased to be able to hold a conversation without yelling. The service was very personable and outside of a timing glitch to start (My Barrel Aged Manhattan came along with my Tomato Bisque) was very efficient. This was a minor glitch as surprisingly the flavors melded quite nicely together and both were delicious. The food overall is very good. The steaks were cooked to perfection. Our only criticism is the 'sides' could use a bit of work. The Mac'n'Cheese and Broccoli were pretty average though my 'Loaded Baked Potato' was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a DelightmzscapesVIPDined on 8/17/2014As frequent diners @ Town, we enjoiy the food, service and professionalism of the staff... This was a dual birthday celebraiton and the once again Town performed to their high standards... A special shout out to Jenny our server for another stellar experience and taking care of our elder mothers and dietary needs... We shall return !!!Special Features:
- Fun for BrunchBB1948Dined on 8/17/2014We have been to Town before but not for Sunday brunch. It was very busy with people sitting at the bar watching the football game and people meeting friends for lunch/brunch. The noise was a vibrant exciting noise that filled the place with the hustle and bustle of having a good time. Country Eggs Benedict were light and tasty. Overall a great Sunday brunch experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Party of 3 for dinner. Bone-in Ribeye was good. Chocolate cake was the star of the night.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/16/2014We've been going to this restaurant since they opened - however, in the last few months, the quality of the food has declined.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, slow serviceDjfoodVIPDined on 8/16/2014We've been to town many times and this visit was an anomaly. Our server was nice and efficient and once we had our food she became invisible. She may have been working on to go orders or some other administrative task but we finally had to stop a table busser and ask him to find our server. It took him a long time to find her. Our kids left, walked to Starbucks, got a coffee, came back, and finished the coffee before our check arrived. The food was excellent as always; but being forced to wait for the check (to the point where we talked about just walking out) will ruin even the best meal.
- Best brunchBrunchDined on 8/16/2014Love town! It's a gem on the peninsula and a great place to have brunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food - wonderful serviceHotspotDined on 8/16/2014The service was excellent. Very crowded, popular place. Fortunately we were seated in back where noise level wasn't as bad so we could have a normal conversation. Loved the foodSpecial Features:
- bcorriganDined on 8/15/2014One of my favorites - great menu, something for everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/13/2014I've been here for many friends birthdays! The menu is always Amazing and the service is always spectacular! Make reservations, it's soooo worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/13/2014This is the first time I did not really enjoy my meal at Town. I ordered the stir fried veggies with chicken. It was very bland, and they did not have brown rice. Disappointing because I have loved most of my other meals here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for lunch!BiotechdinnerDined on 8/13/2014Great spot for lunch on the peninsula! They have a lunch special for 18 dollars that is great! You can choose a starter and an entree. Be sure to get reservations - the plasce gets filled up at noon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with a special touchDaniGDined on 8/11/2014WE always enjoy going to TOWN because we know the food is of great quality and is always consistent. We love the menu. There is always something for any guest we bring. The passion fruit martini was a huge hit! Loved our waiter. Loved the people watching too! oh and dessert...we would choose to go to TOWN just for the bread pudding!Special Features: