716 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.townsc.com/
- Phone: 6505953003x7
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday-Friday - Mid-Day Menu: 2:30pm-5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Cheng
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Town
Town opened in March of 2006. Located in the heart of downtown San Carlos. Town features hand cut steaks & chops, the freshest seafood, local organic produce, hand crafted cocktails, and a wine list with a focus on California, Washington and Oregon wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Town reviews from OpenTable diners
302 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (177)special occasion (157)fit for foodies (141)vibrant bar scene (140)hot spot (122)great for lunch (113)great for brunch (107)good for groups (104)great for outdoor dining (99)romantic (65)notable wine list (61)kid-friendly (41)late-night find (26)scenic view (2)Show More
- steak houseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/22/2014Been a while since I had first gone there. Much improved. Definitely a steak house.Special Features:
- AmazingJohnDined on 10/22/2014I am addicted to the Philly Cheesesteak Eggrolls and The warm Napa Cabbage salad! But the Entree's are just as Great. The Skirtsteak is one of my Fav's.Special Features:
- Thank you, Town!ShawnaOMVIPDined on 10/17/2014We celebrated our 5 year anniversary here the other night. We weren't able to get a babysitter so I needed something child-friendly, but also worthy of a celebration. The Town Team went out of their way to make us feel appreciated. Over-the-top service! I'm so happy we chose to celebrate here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TownRonnieDined on 10/12/2014Town is one of the few Gems in San Carlos. Food, Service and Ambiance are excellent. the Following are a must try Starters: BBQ Shrimp, Philly cheesesteak eggrolls Entree: Teriyaki Skirt Steak, Seared Ahi Tuna or any of the hand cut filet mignon Desserts: Bread Pudding is a must try. and if you happen to go on a sunday brunch, don't forget the unlimited mimosa's!Special Features:
- Sounds like the whole TOWN is hereDuckyDined on 10/11/2014This is not the place if you want a romantic dinner with your lady. That goes double if she's a vegetarian. (Even though this IS the Bay Area.) The place was deafeningly loud, but this could have been because there was a Giants game on. (Still, it's not a sports bar.) We were seated in a booth right by the door, where large groups of desperate housewives hovered over us until they were seated. By the time we got to order around 8:30, they had already run out of all the vegetarian options. They don't even have any vegetarian entrees, so my date was left with basically one option. On the bright side, our server was awesome. He was busy but very helpful and pleasant. My food was delicious. We made it work, but we probably won't return.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in Bay AreaItsAlwaysFriday4meDined on 10/11/2014I've been very fortunate to have been invited to Town on several occasions. The food and drink offerings for Brunch are second to none. I typically order the chilaquiles but decided to try the Moco Loco this time. the Chorizo, Beef Patty, Rice, Eggs, and Rings with the gravy make this a spectacular experience. One of the many hidden gems is the Bacon. Do yourself a favor and order some bacon. It is pure Hog Heaven. I am not sure why it is so good but it phomazing!!!Special Features:
- BOMB Brunch!lexylouDined on 10/11/2014Town's Brunch menu is one of the best around not only for the quality, but for the extensive variety. There was something on there for taste buds across the board. I went with 4 others (strategic move so that I could taste a little bit of everything!) I ordered the chicken and waffles and it was a perfect portion that wasn't overwhelming or doused in syrup and gravy. The service was great--- never saw the bottom of my bottomless mimosa :)Special Features:
- Great, special birthday lunchhappayoshieDined on 10/9/2014We celebrated my daughter's birthday there, and she was treated with remarkable attention throughout the meal. First of all, we received menus especially printed for her special day, with a birthday greeting and her name at the top. How many restaurants do that? My daughter is on a wheat-free diet, and was delighted to be able to choose from a gluten-free menu. An extraordinarily delicious and gluten-free birthday dessert (house-made pumpkin-spice & vanilla soft-serve with hot caramel sauce & praline pecans) was given to us free of charge. The meal was "foodie" enough to delight my culinary-trained daughter. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Yeah Gluten-Free!kkes422Dined on 10/5/2014The waiters did their best to assure a gluten-free and dairy-free experience for us. Both of us were gluten-free. While it was disconcerting to see that the chef put breaded scallions on my friend's gluten-free salad, the waitress spotted the inconsistency after she brought the salad out and went back pronto to get a new salad for my friend. I ordered the King Salmon and it was delicious and filling and was glad that they were adaptable on the menu so I could get a different side than the one that usually comes with the dish. And best of all, I felt good afterwards and savored the experience.Special Features:
- Town never let's ya downLeboucheDined on 10/2/2014Perfect day for lunch ala fresco. Service was good food was great! It's a go to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food / Great atmosphereTownDined on 10/1/2014I always regard a trip to Town as a special treat. Whether I'm at the bar with appetizers (which are wonderful) or sitting down to a full meal, I've never been disappointed with this restaurant. The service is friendly and checks in when you want them to. The skirt steak salad for lunch is delicious. AND Town is one of the few restaurants I've found that really knows how to make a green apple martini. What more can you ask?Special Features:
- Not Up to Its UsualTonyDined on 9/28/2014Had reservations for a Sunday evening at 5:00. Dinner was served almost an hour after placing order. My filet was overcooked and returned. Second steak was perfectly prepared. Not Town's best showing and very unusual for their normally high standards of quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like a sports barMarcusDined on 9/25/2014Not to be negative, but the atmosphere and the massive bar in the middle made it feel like a sports bar. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayMamaneeDined on 9/21/2014And it was on the menu! What a great surprise. Thanks for making hubby's bday special. A bit overwhelming when we walked in on how loud it was even on a Sunday night. Not what we expected but food made up for it. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family night out @ TownOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014We've heard many good things about this place and we finally had to try it for ourselves. We were not disappointed. Service was excellent and the food was scrumptious and savory! Definitely coming back.Special Features:
- Whats going on...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/19/2014For the first time in a long time we wondered what has happened at our go to restaurant. My drink came wrong, a vegetable listed on the menu with an entree was not right, an up charge to sub rice for a another starch on an entree. All minor, just not as good as we have to come to expect from Town.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great timeshortandsweetDined on 9/19/2014Second time at TOWN and enjoyed our experience. This time with the hubby, though he wasn't too impressed. It wasn't just the food, but the service and venue itself, along with service. Always excellent! Had the skirt stake which was a mistake. First time I ate at TOWN, I had the Ribeye and that was excellent. Should've tried either the Ribs or Prime Rib. But my drink and dessert was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingsosorryDined on 9/18/2014I had been to Town several times before and was always impressed with their Brunch menu (chilequiles). However, the dinner menu and quality of food leaves a lot to be desired. I had the Filet mignon (Baseball cut/prep) with a red wine glaze and while the meat was tender and cooked well enough, the side of corn with cheese was actually more flavorful. I expected more quality for a $38 piece of meat. My Moscow Muel was passable but they used to serve in a more compelling mug - now it is just a plain old silver barrel shape mug. The waitress was nice enough but from the minute we sat down, felt like we were rushed to get out. The worst (read most disappointing) part of our meal was the bread pudding dessert - was just plain.Special Features:
- EVERYTHING GREATEdwardVIPDined on 9/18/2014Whole meal a delight. Perfect salad.....Steak and fish cooked perfectly. Dessert wonderful A wonderful night outSpecial Features:
- Perfect right from the startChef63withWifeDined on 9/17/2014Warm greeting, beautifully appointed dining and bar areas, amazing service consistent throughout a perfect meal. Each dish was prepAred and presented with attention to detail. Interesting and wonderfully flavorful dishes. The halibut was to live for, the Ceasar salad was superb with the Parmesan crisps, the bread pudding was over the moon delicious and the attentiveness of our server, Lou-Ann made the whole experience perfect. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak anywhere!JeffVIPDined on 9/16/2014I live in Texas and steak and ribs are proudly proclaimed throughout. But the Town NY Strip and bone-in ribeye are the best I've ever had anywhere. Frequent travels to the Bay Area keep me coming back every time to taste these flavorful delights. And if you have a sweet tooth, the chocolate Sunday is simply wonderful for sharing.Special Features:
- Good FoodJouvenetDined on 9/14/2014We made a reservation for 5 pm since I was told that sometimes Town can get a bit busy. That was an understatement. The place was full within minutes of us being seated at 5 pm and I can see why. The food was great and so was the service. I will certainly recommend Town when I have the chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IzzyDined on 9/14/2014Food is always great at town! Brunch was delicious! I had the chicken and waffle and that's definitely my favorite for brunch. The service was good as always. Town is definitely the best restaurant on laurel street in San Carlos.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch placemelkorDined on 9/14/2014Came here with my wife and friends for my wife's birthday. Food was good and service was fast and very attentive to our table. The only down size is that it is a little pricey but overall the experience was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You Gota Be ThereHamMDined on 9/12/2014So much fun, such a wonderful staff, and the Deviled Eggs were to die for!! Reservations are a must, we made ours four weeks in advance. Parking can be a challenge and you should give yourself plenty of time to find a spot. As would be expected with all the restaurants along the street, it is very busy on a Friday night but it is well worth all the effort to have dinner at Town. We will return soon!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good FoodSharonVIPDined on 9/10/2014I have been to Town twice and had a good experience both times. The meats were cooked to perfection. The lobster is a large portion unlike the tiny lobsters you get elsewhere. I had a side of heirloom tomatoes with my steak and there were only 4 small tomatoes. Wish they were more. The meat loaf is quite delicious. All the appetizers were good except the BBQ shrimp was overcooked and the shaking beef was also overcooked. Wish you had mushrooms as a side dish as I think they go good with steaks. Town was not tight with the liquor which is a good thing. I was surprised that there were not any bread. I do judge a restaurant by the amount of liquor they give. The staff is very attentive and very courteous.Special Features:
- etknoxVIPDined on 9/10/2014This place never lets me down. Still the best rib eye and bread pudding in the peninsual area.Special Features:
- OscarTangoDined on 9/3/2014Great food, attentive servers and they never made us feel rushed. A very relaxing meal.Special Features:
- Best dining experience in years!TreemanVIPDined on 8/31/2014Our server, Jen, was attentive, knowledgeable, personable, professional, and considerate. This was a wedding anniversary celebration (>40 years!), and the restaurant provided printed menus with the date and "Happy Anniversay!" to us. Provided complimentary desserts with a candle for the occasion. Menu was varied, ambitious, and extremely appealing. I had heard very good things about Town, and it definitely met my expectations. We'll be back, and will be recommending it to others.Special Features:
- Twin2Dined on 8/30/2014My husband had the Steak Benedict he said it was great. To get him to say that is a real complementSpecial Features:
- Our Favorite!JulieDaveDined on 8/29/2014Town is our favorite restaurant! Period! Love the food, the value, the service, and we have been going since the A Tavola days! It is simply our favorite restaurant!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/27/2014Very vibrant place. Lots of energy. Food overall was good. Overall service was good.Special Features:
- Disappointingfrqnttrvlr94104Dined on 8/27/2014What an exciting, vibrant venue. Too bad the food didn't measure up. Prime rib was excellent looking on presentation, but turned out to be dry and unappetizing. Ordered medium rare; it was medium. Waiter was sooo busy with his tables, he didn't really check in on us midway to see how the food was. Only chance to ask for coffee refill was when he presented the check.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!menmarcDined on 8/27/2014We had never been to Town before but decided to try it to celebrate my birthday. The service was excellent as was the food.Special Features:
- CharlotteDined on 8/26/2014Friends celebrating their 25th wedding anniversary had never been to Town and LOVED it!! They're fussy diners. I have been many times and have always been pleased with food, service, etc. I highly recommend Town to one and all. CharlotteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CeceSFDined on 8/25/2014Best bread pudding I've ever had. I keep coming back to Town just for the bread pudding. The skirt steak with the garlic mashed potatoes are just as delicious, not to mention their warm napa cabbage. Always a great dining experience at Town.Special Features:
- YummyMelissaVIPDined on 8/24/2014Love their weekend brunch. So glad they extended hours to start earlier.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The New San CarlospallieVIPDined on 8/21/2014Downtown San Carlos as transformed dramatically in the last 15 years. From sleepy by 7 to vibrant indoor and outdoor dining all along Laurel Street (north), Town Restaurant is the keystone. Upscale design with large square bar, leather upholstered booths and even a Sushi Bar illustrate the eclectic offerings. The menu offers meat, fish, pasta, salads all well prepared with emphasis on delicious and some new notes. For example, the deep fried lemon slices served with the sole had a fresh touch, and was excellent. Bread pudding dessert is well known and widely appreciated. Service is attentive and accommodating. Outdoor dining on the sidewalk. Well stocked bar (but no Talisker, sadly).Special Features:
- Excellent lunchFun2eatVIPDined on 8/20/2014We had lunch at Town in San Carlos. Salads and salmon sandwich were excellent. Best French fries, but even better was the service, outstanding.Special Features:
- A Celebration to RememberjuliemacDined on 8/19/2014We enjoyed the royal treatment when dining at Town for our son's 21st birthday celebration. From the moment we walked in, the hostess Allicia, the bartender, and our server, Jenny, treated us to excellent service, specially printed menus, and over-the-top delectable foods, drinks, and desserts. Seated out front, we enjoyed dishes like the wedge salad, pork chops, skirt steak, and prime rib. The flavors of each dish were popping! The same held true when it came to dessert. The birthday boy was treated to the famous bread pudding, while the rest of us enjoyed a six-layer cake and hot fudge sundae. We are still dreaming of it all! Thank you, Town, for such a wonderful night and for making his birthday one to remember.Special Features: