716 Laurel Street
San Carlos, CA 94070Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.townsc.com/
- Phone: (650) 595-3003 ext. 7
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch:Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:30pm
Monday-Friday - Mid-Day Menu: 2:30pm-5:00pm
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday 10:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Monday-Saturday 5:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Californian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Jeremy Cheng
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Town
Town opened in March of 2006. Located in the heart of downtown San Carlos. Town features hand cut steaks & chops, the freshest seafood, local organic produce, hand crafted cocktails, and a wine list with a focus on California, Washington and Oregon wines.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Town reviews from OpenTable diners
303 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (181)special occasion (163)fit for foodies (141)vibrant bar scene (136)hot spot (128)great for lunch (112)great for brunch (107)good for groups (107)great for outdoor dining (94)romantic (62)notable wine list (57)kid-friendly (45)late-night find (27)scenic view (1)Show More
- Excellent food & service w/ free dessert..OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014It was a bit dark for me to see the menu. Luckily, I had my tactical LED flashlight & eye glasses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014TOWN never lets me down! Food is delishious, service is great. I always look forward to joining friends and family here knowing the experience will be enjoyed by all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyed it - come hungryOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/21/2014We had a great time - the hostess, waitress, and busboys were all very friendly and helpful. The restaurant can get noisy. The food was good - come hungry because the portions are large. I had the ribs, my wife had the risotto. We both took home food for lunch the next day. Both entrees we very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Town for Birthday lunch.MrsBillDined on 11/18/2014Not a good as usual - service was slow and did not check in on us. Food was just OK this time, we were still eating our soup/salad and they dropped off our entrees. I love this place but yesterday just was not the best it's been. And it seems like the prices went up again!Special Features:
- Nice brunch!PS41Dined on 11/15/2014Had a wonderful time with friends for brunch. Service was attentive and well timed. We were a few minutes late, but it was not a problem. Food was very good. I appreciate the fact that we were able to occupy the table for a good two hours.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MEMORABLE EXPERIENCEOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/14/2014THIS PLACE HAS IT ALL. WE HAVE FANS OF "TOWN" FOR MANY YEARS. OUR EXPERIENCE HAS ALWAYS BEEN A MEMORABLE ONE TRY THESE ON YOUR NEXT VISIT---------WE HAVE A RESERVATION TONIGHT! SHAVED BRUSSELS SPROUTS CREAMY CHEESY LA BREA GARLIC BREAD BASIC COSMOPOLITAN BASIC LEMON DROPSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Classic SteakhousecasualdinerDined on 11/9/2014Went here for an anniversary. We had prime rib and the warm Napa cabbage salad. We finished off the evening with the bread pudding. Everything was great. The bread pudding was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love townservicefoodiefreakDined on 11/8/2014Great service, great food, & great ambience. Town is one of my top 10 favorite restaurant in bay area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014Town is absolutely my favorite place to dine. The Teriyaki Skirt Steak is amazing for dinner, eggs benedict for brunch is to die for, and the bread pudding for dessert is out of this worlddddd. You can't go wrong with anything hereSpecial Features:
- outstandingEatgood13Dined on 11/8/2014I've heard so many great things about Town I couldn't wait to try it myself. My family of 4 went for dinner and every one of us enjoyed a delicious dinner. We can not wait to go back and try other dishes on the menu. The 6 layer chocolate cake was heaven! Town did not disappoint. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good food and service, noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 11/7/2014dinner for 2, not too hungry so ordered 2 appetizers (spicy tuna roll was good) and split the prime rib, which was very good, could have been great if there was less nearly uncooked fat in it. we cut out the fat and the rest was tasty. Decent wine by the glass selection.Special Features:
- Town is has changed. :(SanCarlosLadyVIPDined on 11/7/2014I have been a Town loyalist for nearly 10 years. It has been my go-to for date night with hubby, meeting the girls for a drink and special occasions. The lively atmosphere can't be beat, 7 days a week. Over the past year, I've noticed a significantly decline in the food preparation, which is baffling considering the menu hasn't changed much in many years. Last night I ordered the seared Ahi, a menu staple. The sauce was poorly blended and tasted of pure wasabi. Instead of menu stated sticky jasmine rice and pea shoots, I received a basmati type rice and with I identifiable greens thrown on top. Hubby's baseball cut filet was over cooked to order. This is our 3rd meal at Town in the past couple months that has left us disappointed.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/7/2014From service to cuisine TOWN delivers the BEST. Amanda is one of your best servers! Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- JackAreDined on 11/5/2014Consistently a great place for the food, atmosphere and service.Special Features:
- Poor service skillsLMIARDined on 11/4/20141. We were rushed through our dinner, entrees on top of starters 2. Seven of us were crammed into a small booth - very uncomfortable 3. Extremely loudSpecial Features:
- Mouth WateringlovequalityDined on 11/3/2014I invited 4 business associates for dinner here, the atmosphere is great and Town is lively but not loud. The food was delicious, each person commented on how good their entree was, i personally had the napa cabbage salad and the Steak Au Poivre and it was cooked to perfection. I ordered mash and mushrooms for my sides and overall the meal was mouthwatering. I followed up with the warm bread pudding for dessert and although full, i wanted more. I highly recommend Town, the staff were great, attentive but the food was off the charts.Special Features:
- Great food and ambienceWaiSeeDined on 11/2/2014The food and drinks were priced on the high end but overall had a great experience here on my first visit on a Sunday night. I would come back here again for a special occasion.Special Features:
- DisappointingKARANDTARVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have been to Town a couple of times and it gets more disappointing each time we go. The service was absolutely horrible. We had to wait 1/2 hour for drinks, and then when a second drink was ordered and hadn't come after 15 minutes, my husband finally talked to a manager. This helped, but the server had an attitude the rest of the evening. It's just too busy and loud to have a decent evening. The food was good. My husband enjoyed his teriyaki skirt steak, and our guests enjoyed their prime rib and steak. My sea bass was really fishy smelling, so I don't believe it was the freshest. Not recommended.Special Features:
- Great again!AtoZVIPDined on 11/1/2014We treat ourselves to Town about once a month. This visit they cooked my BF's steak well vs medium. Immediately the waiter noticed, my BF said it was fine because he would never send anything back (but it wasn't, he likes ha steak medium) next thing the manager came over and encouraged him to let them prepare a new one, he agreed. The steak came, it was medium, and tasted awesome! We were shocked to get our bill and they took the whole steak off the bill! We never expected this and asked them to let us pay since the ultimately made the situation right. So, we tipped the waiter the full price of the steak! Hopefully we made his night! Thanks again Town for always making our visit a great one!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious and ConsistentSoccerGirlDined on 11/1/2014I have been to Town numerous times for dinner and brunch. It never disappoints. Very consistent. The offerings are nice twists on typical favorites for both brunch and dinner.Special Features:
- Great SteaksGauvsDined on 10/31/2014The baseball cut fillet topped with crab was awesome! Nice wine selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- etknoxVIPDined on 10/28/2014Another favorite restaurant of mine in the peninsula. Food is great and the staff is always so accommodating.Special Features:
- Good food, drinks and service!TryAlexandersVIPDined on 10/26/2014Good menu and the food is prepared very well. They also have a good bar drinks menu and wine list. Somewhat romantic atmosphere, but a little noisy to truly set the mood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect birthday treat to myselfdocofsoc1Dined on 10/25/2014Booked a table for my 55th birthday. We were concerned about missing the Giants World Series game, but for naught --it was a raucous night at Town with a restaurant packed with fans. We were also hooting and hollering in this lovely restaurant as the Giants went nuts and the patrons followed suit. We had outstanding service, excellent cocktails (pomegranate martini). Warm cabbage salad a big hit. Classic fav marinated skirt steak was yum (green beans tasty but overly darkened...by sauce?) And the comped bread pudding astounded us again (we don't even like bread pudding...how can this heavenly dish make sense?) The prices are a real ouch for us, but worth it on a special night.Special Features:
- Food was more than disappointing!LReneeRDined on 10/23/2014The service was good. I liked the atmosphere except for the TVs in the bar. The was was horrible. All 4 of us were disappointed in the food. I brought my folks, who were visiting from the Midwest, and even they were disappointed in all dishes except one. They are not even foodies!!!that kitchen needs HELP!!!Special Features:
- steak housefamilyDined on 10/22/2014Been a while since I had first gone there. Much improved. Definitely a steak house.Special Features:
- AmazingJohnDined on 10/22/2014I am addicted to the Philly Cheesesteak Eggrolls and The warm Napa Cabbage salad! But the Entree's are just as Great. The Skirtsteak is one of my Fav's.Special Features:
- Thank you, Town!ShawnaOMVIPDined on 10/17/2014We celebrated our 5 year anniversary here the other night. We weren't able to get a babysitter so I needed something child-friendly, but also worthy of a celebration. The Town Team went out of their way to make us feel appreciated. Over-the-top service! I'm so happy we chose to celebrate here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in TownRonnieDined on 10/12/2014Town is one of the few Gems in San Carlos. Food, Service and Ambiance are excellent. the Following are a must try Starters: BBQ Shrimp, Philly cheesesteak eggrolls Entree: Teriyaki Skirt Steak, Seared Ahi Tuna or any of the hand cut filet mignon Desserts: Bread Pudding is a must try. and if you happen to go on a sunday brunch, don't forget the unlimited mimosa's!Special Features:
- Sounds like the whole TOWN is hereDuckyDined on 10/11/2014This is not the place if you want a romantic dinner with your lady. That goes double if she's a vegetarian. (Even though this IS the Bay Area.) The place was deafeningly loud, but this could have been because there was a Giants game on. (Still, it's not a sports bar.) We were seated in a booth right by the door, where large groups of desperate housewives hovered over us until they were seated. By the time we got to order around 8:30, they had already run out of all the vegetarian options. They don't even have any vegetarian entrees, so my date was left with basically one option. On the bright side, our server was awesome. He was busy but very helpful and pleasant. My food was delicious. We made it work, but we probably won't return.Special Features:
- Best Brunch in Bay AreaItsAlwaysFriday4meDined on 10/11/2014I've been very fortunate to have been invited to Town on several occasions. The food and drink offerings for Brunch are second to none. I typically order the chilaquiles but decided to try the Moco Loco this time. the Chorizo, Beef Patty, Rice, Eggs, and Rings with the gravy make this a spectacular experience. One of the many hidden gems is the Bacon. Do yourself a favor and order some bacon. It is pure Hog Heaven. I am not sure why it is so good but it phomazing!!!Special Features:
- BOMB Brunch!lexylouDined on 10/11/2014Town's Brunch menu is one of the best around not only for the quality, but for the extensive variety. There was something on there for taste buds across the board. I went with 4 others (strategic move so that I could taste a little bit of everything!) I ordered the chicken and waffles and it was a perfect portion that wasn't overwhelming or doused in syrup and gravy. The service was great--- never saw the bottom of my bottomless mimosa :)Special Features:
- Great, special birthday lunchhappayoshieDined on 10/9/2014We celebrated my daughter's birthday there, and she was treated with remarkable attention throughout the meal. First of all, we received menus especially printed for her special day, with a birthday greeting and her name at the top. How many restaurants do that? My daughter is on a wheat-free diet, and was delighted to be able to choose from a gluten-free menu. An extraordinarily delicious and gluten-free birthday dessert (house-made pumpkin-spice & vanilla soft-serve with hot caramel sauce & praline pecans) was given to us free of charge. The meal was "foodie" enough to delight my culinary-trained daughter. I will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Yeah Gluten-Free!kkes422Dined on 10/5/2014The waiters did their best to assure a gluten-free and dairy-free experience for us. Both of us were gluten-free. While it was disconcerting to see that the chef put breaded scallions on my friend's gluten-free salad, the waitress spotted the inconsistency after she brought the salad out and went back pronto to get a new salad for my friend. I ordered the King Salmon and it was delicious and filling and was glad that they were adaptable on the menu so I could get a different side than the one that usually comes with the dish. And best of all, I felt good afterwards and savored the experience.Special Features:
- Town never let's ya downLeboucheDined on 10/2/2014Perfect day for lunch ala fresco. Service was good food was great! It's a go to spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food / Great atmosphereTownDined on 10/1/2014I always regard a trip to Town as a special treat. Whether I'm at the bar with appetizers (which are wonderful) or sitting down to a full meal, I've never been disappointed with this restaurant. The service is friendly and checks in when you want them to. The skirt steak salad for lunch is delicious. AND Town is one of the few restaurants I've found that really knows how to make a green apple martini. What more can you ask?Special Features:
- Not Up to Its UsualTonyDined on 9/28/2014Had reservations for a Sunday evening at 5:00. Dinner was served almost an hour after placing order. My filet was overcooked and returned. Second steak was perfectly prepared. Not Town's best showing and very unusual for their normally high standards of quality and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Felt like a sports barMarcusDined on 9/25/2014Not to be negative, but the atmosphere and the massive bar in the middle made it feel like a sports bar. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy BirthdayMamaneeDined on 9/21/2014And it was on the menu! What a great surprise. Thanks for making hubby's bday special. A bit overwhelming when we walked in on how loud it was even on a Sunday night. Not what we expected but food made up for it. Very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family night out @ TownOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/20/2014We've heard many good things about this place and we finally had to try it for ourselves. We were not disappointed. Service was excellent and the food was scrumptious and savory! Definitely coming back.Special Features: