3435 Waialae Avenue #103
Honolulu, HI 96813Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.townkaimuki.com/
- Phone: 8087355900
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Saturday: 6:30am - 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Ed Kenney and David Caldiero
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Town
"Local first, organic whenever possible, and with Aloha always" is the mantra upon which this unpretentious neighborhood bistro was founded. With a menu that changes daily to reflect the freshest market ingredients, Town features hand-cut pastas and gnocchi, slow-braised meats, fresh local seafood, a wine list of small artisan producers, and hand-crafted cocktails. Drawing inspiration from classic recipes of the Mediterranean, Town's cuisine is best described as Contemporary American with an Italian sensibility, where the ingredients are allowed to shine and nothing is wasted. With bar and "dog-friendly" patio seating reserved for walk-in guests, the restaurant has become a favorite for casual impromptu dining as well as for special occasions. Town is located in hip Kaimuki, just minutes from Waikiki, and is loved by locals and visitors alike. Go to Town.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Town reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (123)neighborhood gem (112)great for lunch (45)special occasion (44)hot spot (40)great for outdoor dining (34)good for groups (31)notable wine list (27)romantic (26)great for brunch (22)late-night find (15)vibrant bar scene (13)kid-friendly (12)scenic view (1)Show More
- Foodie DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The good was amazing. Town had a great ambiance and vibe. Servicw was excellent too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Epic dinner !!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014Epic dinner! Great service! The pa'i'ai is always the best!!! The mussels were outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodies heavenAshlandLavenderDined on 10/16/2014This restaurant is wondrous for foodies. Ingredients are fresh and locally sourced. The staff is knowledgeable and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden gem away from touristsEatSWellDined on 10/13/2014Try the sampling off the menu with wine pairing. Lots of local deliciousness. Parking is a pain but worth it. Make a reservation or you will miss out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Organic foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/13/2014The food was great all fresh. I wished the portion was a little bit bigger. Great ambiance. I will definitely go back!!Special Features:
- Great experience!SumnerjDined on 10/10/2014Spectacular mushroom risotto, nicely composed beet salad, and wonderful Meyer lemon sorbet --- great meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing foodSurfgirl808Dined on 10/6/2014My friends and I shared 4 different starters and each dish was beautiful as well as delicious. The combinations of taste, color and texture were all unique and often surprising. Each of our entrees was excellent and everyone was happy. It was a warm evening and we sat outside enjoying the beautiful Hawaiian air. It was a little quieter outside than inside, too. We love this place!Special Features:
- Tasty local and freshFoxieCoxieDined on 10/4/2014The menu here changes frequently; I wish I was going to be in town long enough to give it another go! My sever was very kind and helpful with suggestions and explained the ingredients that were foreign to me. A little slow but it was a Saturday night and I dined alone. If I'd had company I probably wouldn't have noticed. Food was fresh and delicious. I had Opah with lentils and local veggies and enjoyed every bite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday at the TownLynn1952Dined on 10/4/2014Food was great. Service was attentive but no invasive. Great time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great neighbor gemdinnerfor6Dined on 10/3/2014Food was excellent and offered some not often seen items like rabbit. Decent wine list. Only negative - bathroom could have been a little closer and cleaner and the parking wasn't good but that's to be expected anywhere on Waialae AveSpecial Features:
- Not a good dollar valueTellinitlikeitisDined on 10/2/2014Don't get me wrong, top rating from me, but when it comes to value for dollar, a bit overrated. Portions weren't that great. A bit expensive for the amount of food.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it despite the flawsGeckogrrlDined on 10/2/2014I forgive Town's terrible service (glacially slow & frequently forgetful) time and time again because the food is almost always stellar. But it shouldn't take 3 hours to eat dinner unless you want it to. And the noise level there is pretty off the hook too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VERY disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/2/2014The three of us ordered the grass fed burgers…one with cheese, one with bacon and cheese, and the other plain. Also, we all ordered them either cooked medium or medium well. Upon receiving the meals, there were many mixups with the orders: no bacon, cheese on the wrong one, all totally overcooked, etc. The female server who took our order appeared totally confused (don’t know her name….) and tended to blame the kitchen for the mixups. However, all three of the burgers were cooked so well done that they actually were so much smaller than the buns. A second server appeared 12 minutes later with a new burger and asked "which one of you wanted the redo?" When we said no one, she rolled her eyes at us, and left in a huff! POOR showing.
- Love it!!!nelsonVIPDined on 9/26/2014Always, always good. Wonderful local, neighborhood place to go. Great food and service.Special Features:
- Always a treat to dine hereMJC808VIPDined on 9/26/2014Friends visiting from Washington state were in town and what better place to take them than Town restaurant where the food is consistently prepared well and my favorite dishes of the chicken, hand cut pasta, gnocchi and any of their salads are always sure to please. For dessert we always get the lemon sorbet and the panna cotta. Many restaurants have panna cotta on their menu but the one at Town is one of THE best versions out there. A wonderful meal was enjoyed by the locals and visitors at our table.Special Features:
- Sophistication at its finest!Foodie808Dined on 9/24/2014The energy level is great, you feel like you're in a cafe in New York! Servers were excellent, the freshness and creativity of the food was on point! I'm obsessed with the mussels! Oozes chic-ness, a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!mcbobbyVIPDined on 9/22/2014This restaurant never disappoints. Everything organic when available, local, and freshly made. Order the homemade Gnocchi. They're light, not heavy or gooey. Great changing menu and highly inspired. Recommended for everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond-in-the-roughExIslanderDined on 9/22/2014I first heard of Chef Ed Kenney while watching an episode that Hawaiian Airlines had featured on their flight entertainment. I knew instantly that I wanted to dine at his restaurant, Town. The food and service was a first class experience. Staff was very pleasant and accommodating. Noise level was bearable, we were not shouting to hear each other. We did not wait long for our entrees to arrive, dinner was superb. Town is truly a diamond-in-the-rough.Special Features:
- Friday Night in TownJAHglassDined on 9/19/2014I've been to Town numerous times. Good environment, friendly and prompt waitstaff, awesome food. That's all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great eats!ronster73Dined on 9/18/2014I had dinner here for my girlfriend's birthday. We had a great time. We were able to have great conversation due to the atmosphere. The food was delicious. I let my girlfriend order and we had a appetizer and shared two entrees. I would highly recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique Menu ItemsKailuaboyDined on 9/16/2014I was pleased by the new twist to menu items such as the steamed mussels with fennel & pepper. The mussels were so plump, juicy and flavorful. Another person had fried mashed taro with pastrami and another had fresh gnocchi which was perfectly seasoned and soft. My ono (fish) on a bed of pureed bread fruit accompanied with bitter greens was very flavorful and plentiful. Others in our party had the strip loin steak and the opah fish. Servings were generous so we had lots of leftovers which were just as good the next day. The menu changes everyday to offer the freshest ingredients so I look forward to returning some day to see what's new on the menu.Special Features:
- Amazing!cheeseDined on 9/15/2014We came from Japan for our vacation and had a lunch during our stay in Waikiki. The food we had (Linguini, Bruschetta and soup of the day) were awesome and the staff is very friendly and professional. We would definitely like to dine here again and thank you for providing us with a wonderful experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent local flavorsFoodguruVIPDined on 9/11/2014Every time I'm in Honolulu for work we come here. Ahi tuna, beets and special salad is a must. The black mussels with fennel is always excellent. Have Sunshine the bar tender make you a Vieux Carre. Thanks, Sunshine, for being a great host at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upper echelonmvfgDined on 9/10/2014I've heard of Town before and it was all extremely positive so it was no surprise that it met my high expectations. There are a number of really great restaurants on Hawaii. Merriman's and Red Water on the Big Island, Roy's on all the islands, Town is right up there. Its nice too because it isn't at all pretentious but serves highly evolved cuisine using the freshest of ingredients. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was dining alone but I wasn't at all lacking for company.Special Features:
- Love it!!!nelsonVIPDined on 9/5/2014This is one of the best restaurants in Honolulu. Service is great. Very creative menu. We've never had a bad meal here. Go and enjoy.Special Features:
- Lovely gemxoxopriDined on 9/4/2014Dined there for the first time during my annual trip to Hawaii with a group of my girlfriends and had such a great time. The service was amazing, very relaxed and calm ambiance. The lights are a perfectly dimmed, noise level is low, and the food is great! It would be an awesome date spot! The wine/bar looked +++; unfortunately, I was not able to take advantage of that because I was pregnant during my visit : ( I would definitely recommend this place to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite in HonoluluVisitorsfromKauaiDined on 8/30/2014We had another great dinner at Town on Saturday night. We had the same thing as last time because we liked it so much- shared mussels to start, then hand cut pasta with pork bits and the sometimes elusive gnocchi (fortunately they had some left as it is usually gone early). A nice Italian white wine for $30. We were somewhat concerned when a group of 16 came in and sat near us, but service remained excellent (thaks Jayda) and the group was remarkably quiet. In fact we ended up joining in the birthday party! Next time we may branch out and try the fish, which looked very good at the next table.Special Features:
- Awesome!Barber0320Dined on 8/29/2014This was our second time coming here and we were just as happy as the first time we went! The food is cooked perfectly! The fish almost just melts in your mouth! The waitresses are on top of things and so friendly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ripening nicelyDavidVIPDined on 8/28/2014Town's menu is still annoying and needs a glossary, but that keeps us diners humble. There's always something to learn. This time we learned about a delightful white wine, pig and poi in its most eloquent expression (more pa'i'ia in that pa'i'ai appetizer, please), and the best cooked green papaya I've had in a restaurant. Several dinning couples practicing the art of balancing virtual and actual connectedness made for an amusing social scene, when we weren't engrossed in our own conversation. Although Town is now so well established elegant black tour busses pull up and unload, it remains fresh. The unwavering commitment to quality local means a hui hou.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Misses the markHenryDined on 8/26/2014Great concept that doesn't deliver. Great to be organic and local but it still has to taste good. An expensive mistake.
- Murakiyuki@gmail.comKetomamaVIPDined on 8/25/2014As usual everything was great. Love their salads and appetizers. We did family style and tried every dish and even shared the pannacotta and pie. Coffee was rich and good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good fresh food, sort of blah staffmrswolfwoodDined on 8/25/2014The food here was great, very good salads and entree selection. The service was a bit less so, with our waitress disappearing for extended periods of time and seeming to be a bit impatient with us in general. Still, everyone enjoyed their food and I would go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 star food, svc, needs better a/cMynahPointDined on 8/23/2014Always a treet, eclectic, changeable menu, libations, creatively made with obvious farm to table foodie love. But, if it is summer, god help you if you get seated at the back of the restaurant, it was sweltering. We nearly fainted.Special Features:
- Always a positive adventureHnlDinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Great food, excellent service and a casual spot to enjoy friends, food and conversation.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/20/2014Terrific find. Great to get away from Waikiki. Food was outstanding.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Nicely prepared food using local ingredients with a modern sensibility, and bustling atmosphere. In New York a restaurant with these kinds of dishes would take the presentation up a notch and serve smaller portions, and it wouldn't be a bad thing, but on the Honolulu food scene, Town is a real standout, particularly in this price range. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Enjoyable mealdebDVIPDined on 8/16/2014Hadn't been for a while, and noticed that they have done some remodeling, dining room is no longer so industrial which makes for a more quieter dining experience. The food was great, fresh local ingredients, I had the ono with ulu (bread fruit) which I thoroughly enjoyed. started with the beet salad, another good choice. Will be back.Special Features:
- Great with potential for moreWinendineDined on 8/15/2014Seated in hottest back part of restaurant despite making reservations. Twice the steak wasn't cooked as ordered (once our table- under; next table - overcooked); brought wrong wine. Menu so interesting and everything else excellent - just seems like some carelessness from host, waiter and chef holding them back. Just our bad luck (I hope )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Resting on laurelsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/15/2014I have always loved this restaurant and always try to go when I am visiting Honolulu from San Francisco. I also frequently recommend Town to friends. But the last few meals have been disappointing with a number of dishes quite overpriced. The service was poor with my drink arriving long after my dining companions' wine arrived and only after reminding the servers. The food was also quite slow in coming and they badly burned a side dish. I get the feeling the owner is spreading himself too thin with his new ventures and know this restaurant will remain popular due to its well-earned reputation over the years. But having had at least three uninspired and overpriced meals, I will find another go-to restaurant for quality casual dining.
- lunch experienceYIMFATDined on 8/13/2014Menu should describe entrées better. My guest had the pork loin w/risotto. When it arrived, we both looked at it and I said "Where's the beef(pork). 2 slivers of pork loin accompanied the risotto...which by the way was DELICIOUS!!! I had the chicken breast w/polenta which was excellent...not a lover of polenta but this one was super. It took a while for our food to arrive and the restaurant was a fourth full. I'd definitely go back again, especially with my husband who loves risotto!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.