348 Main Street
Carbondale, CO 81623Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.towncarbondale.com/
- Phone: 9709636328
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 8:00am - 4:00pm, Saturday: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm (Reservations taken only at Dinner)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Mark Fischer
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Town welcomes the opportunity to assist with private parties of various sizes and shapes, as well as with off-premise events. Interested guests are invited to contact us directly via phone or email.
A word from Town
What is Town? By day...bakery, coffee shop, lunch room, & gathering spot... By night...something a little more ambitious, yet accessible still...a restaurant & bar that connects a community through eating...with tasty, locally sourced, creative food; handcrafted cocktails: craft beers & approachable wines...Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Town reviews from OpenTable diners
55 reviews since April 1 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (45)great for outdoor dining (36)neighborhood gem (30)special occasion (30)hot spot (17)good for groups (14)romantic (13)notable wine list (10)great for lunch (9)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (5)great for brunch (5)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- A must!heirloomDined on 7/26/2014This is a gem of a restaurant with creative food that will make your palate sparkle! Try the gnocchi salad - What a treat! And a healthy kid's menu was a real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best meal in Roaring Fork ValleyDebbieGTDined on 7/25/2014The service was excellent. Server named Eric was attentive and very friendly. He took the time to tell us about his favorite local hikes. The food was outstanding. I had chicken with tomato/bacon puree. It was perfectly prepared and the veggies that accompanied the meal were "al dente" and well seasoned. My husband's steak was "excellent" accompanied by perfectly cooked fries. We both had kale salad which was a great starter and we tried the chick peas which also were delicious and different. Highly recommend this Carbondale gem. Worth the drive from Snowmass and Aspen.Special Features:
- Wonderful!Luv2travelVIPDined on 7/20/2014We had a fantastic meal. Sunday nights Town offers a prix fix option. We added to that but made sure to save room for dessert! Our waiter was excellent and the manager made us feel like we were the only couple in the restaurant. We got very special attention and enjoyed every minute of it!Special Features:
- Love Sunday prix fixeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/13/2014We enjoy dining at Town on Sunday's with the prix fixe and trying new plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New to CarbondaleLoveCarbondaleVIPDined on 7/10/2014We've just purchase a summer home in Carbondale and were delighted to find Town. We were concerned about our dining choices in a small town, but Town was a wonderful surprise. We've been twice and enjoyed dining outside both visits. The menu is creative and we've enjoyed trying new dishes on each of our visits. Service was also great. Town is off the beaten path, but if you are in the area definitely give it a try!Special Features:
- inventiveGrandpaMikeVIPDined on 7/7/2014The new menu is packed with inventive and excellent items. It was tough to choose and our whole party was delighted with their choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good interesting foodMdanseuseDined on 7/6/2014Food was good. Had to send back the cucumber soup. Too sour. They do meat well! Pork and beef shoulder melt in your mouth. The real hit was the Colorado bass. Divine! Only low point was the wine. We asked for a recommendation and the server said she'd send over the wine rep. Instead of coming over to find out what we wanted. He just sent a bottle of wine to the table. He was fawning over the table next to us but we couldn't get him to look our direction. I love marks restaurants but service has fallen short lately.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Knockout fins in CarbondaleMattVIPDined on 7/2/2014After a week in Aspen, we decided to head up to Carbondale to check out the dining scene and wow, were we blown away. In my mind, this bested some of the top tier restaurants in the valley. My kale salad was refreshing, the crab cake was divine (still can't believe you can get such amazing seafood in the middle of Colorado). My Colorado striped bass was perfect and the unoaked California chardonnay perfectly complemented the meal. The staff was friendly and wish I could have hung up with them all night. The were extremely busy, but handled the crowd with grace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Evening!CaronDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I celebrate our 26th Wedding ANV with our daughter and her husband and two of our closet friends. The outdoor seating was great especially with the nice weather. The services was good and food was delicious. The manager Graham made a effort to come by our table to make sure everything was in satisfactory for us. We definitely will come back and recommend this to our friends for any fine dining they want to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Town never disappointsluvgoodfoodDined on 6/28/2014We try to eat at Town every time we come to Carbondale. The food is always interesting and delicious and consistent. The serves is always great. It's a gem. We would seek this restaurant out no matter where it was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/25/2014Our waiter was fabulous. It's always a plus and a mark of professeionalism when the server can tell you all about the specials without having to read it off a piece of paper. The food presentation and quality was without peer.Special Features:
- needs a few more waitersbskinowDined on 6/21/2014It's always a bit disappointing when you find a great place but they don't have either enough staff or properly trained staff. You really need those elements to present great food! I know it must be hard to come by. That said, the food was great-innovative and different, high quality, presented attractively. The waitress couldn't get mine right unfortunately; not until everyone else was finished. She had too many tables, didn't write anything down, and was obviously very distracted from being so busy. It all worked out. I had to get up a few times and go get honey for the coffee-there was no sugar I could find. It's ok, just our only complaint. Get more staff and then help them understand the menu so they can better describe the dishes.Special Features:
- YummyNjoydiningDined on 6/21/2014We enjoy the interesting variety of food. Highlights this time were the snap peas with chili and lime as well as the potatoes with Parmesan and crispy kale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MeatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/16/2014Sold me a "shoulder filet" steak. Overcooked it, then redid it correctly but it was too tough to chew.Special Features:
- Town is HoppingSteveVIPDined on 6/6/2014First time to Town, I live in Aspen but was staying with Friends in Basalt and wanted to give it a try. It was way beyond expectations, a Friday night and was packed and hopping. More importantly the food was terrific. The sea bass was terrific and this comes from the mouth of New Orleans fishermen. My chicken was moist and tasty. The clam chowder was unusual, chowed at the bottom with clam in the shells on top first I thought they had made a mistake, but all was great. My shrimp bisque was also terrific. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:
- PearlDined on 6/6/2014Fun! Couldn't believe it was in Carbondale! Interesting food and very good. Very accommodating for a large group!Special Features:
- Many happy returnsOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/31/2014This was my 5th visit. Always very good. Love the new menu. I asked them to pair a wine with my meal. It was so perfect I almost swooned. Really. Just getting better and better.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/11/2014This meal elevated my expectations for Town. The shoulder filet was terrific, the potatoes were intriguing, the drinks were very good, and the service was outstanding. Michael, the server, was so comfortable in his role that he could exercise his humor, which always makes dinner more fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- laffalotDined on 4/27/2014Town is becoming our "Go-to" restaurant...so good and so much fun. Thank you!
- Enjoyed a great family dinnerCorinneDined on 4/25/2014Came to Carbondale over the Weekend, the town has one main street with great little shops and restaurants. TOWN was wonderful, great ambiance and food. I will try to come back in the summer during a day trip.Special Features:
- Our first timeBasaltDined on 4/18/2014Restaurant was very noisy. Soup was exceptional, Salad, and dinner very good. We found it odd that bread was an extra cost especially since there is a bakery there. We asked about it, and were told we could order a "bread course". With all the noise, this started us off poorly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to "Town".OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/9/2014Town has not dissappointed!!! We have eaten at Town several times and each experience has been absolutely faboulous! The have a variety on their menu without being overwhelming and everything we've tasted is superb! This time we had Crunchy Pigs Ears - kind of like bacon french fries! that were soooooooooo delicious. We also tasted their Rabbit Tacos, Pork Shoulder and Butternut Squash Enchaladas! Your taste buds will explode with flavor and you will LOVE Town!! The bar selection is also fantastic and you will enjoy the unusual selections. Everything at Town is fresh and not your usual run of the mill food. Everything is also locally sourced and prepared to perfection!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, Great, Great!DaveHDined on 4/8/2014What a great place to eat! Everything is top notch. Don't miss this gem!!!Special Features:
- The following 92 reviews are from the Town reviews archive.
- Great night outncfoodieDined on 3/28/2014We came to Town to try out their menu since we enjoy eating at bistro style restaurants. We love trying different snacks and little plates when we eat out. We really enjoyed the ricotta balls and brussels sprouts. The soup was fresh and delicious. Our server recommended a wonderful red blend for our wine selection. Our server was very attentive and made sure we made it to our movie across the street on time. Delicious food, relaxing ambiance, and super service! When in Carbondale, make sure to try this little gem of a restaurant. You won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was excellent, seemsHayesDined on 3/15/2014Food was excellent, seems the kitchen has found its stride. The only downside was slow service at the start of our visit, although once the evening got going the service was a great as the foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/13/2014Consistent quality and friendly service. Surprises like the deconstructed clam "chowder" are fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, Inventive FoodDWetzelDined on 2/24/2014Town is one of the best restaurants in the valley (and especially so when you consider the price point). Always clever, locally sourced dishes- I applaud the risks they take in a food scene that tends to play it pretty safe. Totally worth the drive from anywhere in the roaring fork valley.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/22/2014We went for a special meal and that is what we got. The food was interesting and tasted great. Terrific ingredients. Wines were very nicely paired. Service was efficient and just right. This is now our fifth time eating at Town. We will go back again and again. A gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DessertOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Chocolate pie with peanut butter anglaise - amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good friends, Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/7/2014Town is one of our local favorites. Food selection is always creative, beautiful and delicious. Staff is friendly, helpful and attentive. Can be a bit noisy at peak times. Price is reasonable especially for the quality and freshness of the food. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary desserts!Kirkbr53VIPDined on 2/4/2014We enjoyed this restaurant so much we went twice in a 4 day vacation! All the food was especially good (especially the squash ravioli) but the desserts were extraordinary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another fantastic experience!foodfreakDined on 1/15/2014Town is now one of my favorite picks for dinning out! I have severe allergies to cow dairy & shellfish and their chef is always able to accommodate me, with something fantastic! I'm never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The server's faultPub52Dined on 1/12/2014The server seemed disappointed that we showed up at the restaurant. While I've always have had excellent experiences at their sister restaurant in Glenwood Springs, the Pullman. The food was creative but so so. I've never been turned off by a server as I was in this experience. I've heard good things so I will probably give them another chance.
- Close to getting it right.TasteEDined on 1/2/2014Sometimes, in trying to be creative, you can over-complicate a dish. Other than the absolutely delicious bread and butter (don't underestimate how great the bread is -give up if you are trying to avoid carbs), the entrees themselves were trying too hard and just weren't that good. Overall, it's on a charming street, has an innovative menu, but just slightly misses on many fronts. I hesitate to say that because I can tell that some real love that has been put into the place by the owner.Special Features:
- The acoustics are weird, andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013The acoustics are weird, and make it hard to hold a conversation and very hard to order, but for some reason make it too easy to overhear neighboring tables. The descriptions on the menu left out many important details, like the smoke flavor that is used in a SALAD. My entree was actually very good, but my husband's was moderate at best. Hard to pay the high prices for this experience.
- Not greatKleinbergerDined on 12/30/2013Really nice space for a restaurant. And drinks were reasonably priced. That's about all we really enjoyed. Restaurant was too noisy. Food was okay but nothing special or memorable. Sent back an awful cocktail (the mezcal mule, which was like 80% celery!), but was charged for it anyway. Seriously? I wish the owners success, but we probably won't be back for anything other than coffee.
- Town is Colorado Gemdrconnie11VIPDined on 12/28/2013Why go to Aspen for great food? Carbondale (30 minutes from Aspen and Snowmass) has fabulous food, ambience, and service which would please foodies and fans alike at the restaurant named Town. Established by the owners of outstanding Six 89 (known for creative cuisine), Town offers a cozy dining atmosphere with delicious food. It's a "must dine" for visitors to Aspen, Snowmass and Vail.Special Features:
- Not to be missed in Carbondale!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/27/2013Food was excellent! Service- even better! We had a group of 8 people... and were so busy catching up, we asked our waitress to order for us! She brought out delicious items that everyone loved- it was great fun. Do not miss the Gnocci or the Teres major steak... or the sunchoke, artichoke salad. Did I mention the cheese curds? The Burger?Special Features:
- Excellent, unpretentious meal.eldarDined on 12/20/2013Excellent, unpretentious meal. Prices very reasonable too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DownTown!CPBKCODined on 12/13/2013We love this place, however the last time we went our waiter, though very friendly didn't seem to know as much about the menu as in the past. Our service was acceptable and the food very good. One dish, the brussel sprouts was a bit too salty ...and I like salt! I think maybe unsalted butter would be better in this particular dish. All in all a great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.