Tower Oaks Lodge
2 Preserve Parkway
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tower Oaks Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 3012940200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Eng
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private cocktail parties in the Saranac Bar
- Private Party Contact: Any Manager 3012940200x
- Special Events: Monday: Half-Price Wine
Easter Sunday Brunch & Dinner
Mother's Day Brunch & Dinner
Father's Day Brunch & Dinner
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Tower Oaks Lodge
With the look and feel of one of the "Great Camps" of the Adirondacks, Tower Oaks Lodge serves an American-style saloon menu. Adjacent to a 21-acre nature preserve, Tower Oaks Lodge is located just off I-270. The raw bar features oysters from both coasts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tower Oaks Lodge - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Tower Oaks Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
497 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (237)great for lunch (223)neighborhood gem (213)good for groups (194)great for brunch (177)fit for foodies (106)vibrant bar scene (101)scenic view (101)romantic (92)kid-friendly (82)notable wine list (45)hot spot (33)late-night find (33)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014From the quick seating to the excellent customer service, the trip to Clyde's was wonderful. I highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Buisness LunchClevelandparkguruVIPDined on 8/25/2014Great place to bring a client. Came a bit later and we took our time. Great cheese dish to start with. Crab cakes for the first time guest and salad for me. Great choice. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentTimothyDined on 8/24/2014I have been to Travel Oaks a number of times and have never been disappointed. Diane had the crab cakes and thought they were excellent. I had the baked haddock which was also fresh and excellent. I am from Boston and it is my favorite fish and hard to find in the DC area. Worth going just for that. We also had a bottle of NZ savignon blanc, only $28. A great dining experience and reasonably priced. I also ask for a quiet booth and they always accomodate me.Special Features:
- My Go-To RestaurantGrownUpDinerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Tower Oaks Lodge, one of the Clyde's restaurants is a great all-purpose american cuisine restaurant. Service is always excellent, everything is made to order and they always accommodate any substitutions or requests with graciousness. On my latest visit I had the grilled swordfish and my wife had the eggplant parmesan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently good.LodgerDined on 8/22/2014It's my go-to choice of places. Always high on everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very noisyStarDined on 8/22/2014Might be my age, but we couldn't hear each other. Loved food (salmon, crab cakes) and service.Special Features:
- Great service, ok foodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/22/2014Went for my mother in laws (MIL) 60th bday with my 1&5 year old girls. The highlight for me was the service, Eugene was very friendly, anticipated our needs with two small kids and got the food out shockingly quick. The entire wait staff was very patient and forgiving of my near-2-yr-old daughter who didn't want to sit and instead wanted to run around and see all the decor. I had the baked haddock which was good but not great though Eugene did recommend another fish dish that sounded too heavy for my taste that night. My MIL had the entree salmon salad and commented several times on the quality with which it was cooked. My 5 year old had the Mac and cheese....I'd say that eve n for standard kids menu fare this was mediocre at best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food! Horrible waiter!awawDined on 8/21/2014The food at Tower Oaks is always great, but there must be a huge problem with getting competent help! Our waiter wasn't very nice.......he didn't even tell us there were dinner specials (we heard it from another waiter across the aisle when he told them) VERY UPSETTING TO HAVE A BAD WAITER.Special Features:
- LenRDined on 8/21/2014Very good food. Great ambience. Outstanding staff. Reasonable prices. Great location and parking. On line reservations. who could ask for more ?Special Features:
- I'd rate it 3 out of 5SuzanneDined on 8/19/2014It's always a treat to go to Tower Oaks with the attractive decor and comfortable seating. The service was good but my food (Teryaki salmon) could have been better -- the salmon was overcooked and the vegetables - served cold -- didn't taste v. good -- covered with sesame oil and seeds. However, I appreciated the waiter serving a nice slab of chocolate cake w/a candle for my friend who was celebrating her birthday. I'll definitely come back here again for lunch -- wish you had the lobster you were serving last year at this time -- were terrific!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good choiceRustyBladeDined on 8/18/2014It's a good combination of food, wine, service, and ambiance. I like to take out-of-town visitors, there. The menu has something for everyone.Special Features:
- Wonderful lunch!jacwhitDined on 8/18/2014My mom took me to lunch at Tower Oaks yesterday, for the first time, and I was pleasantly surprised! The food was better than expected and our waiter was very courteous and sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Up and downs.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014some of us loved what we got, other items were so, so. The chicken wing appetizer was soggy and not crispy a real disappointment. the fish entrees were great. The new turkey sandwich on the menu was not a good substitute for the chicken salad sandwich that was not longer offered. The steak salad had cheese, which I don't think was mentioned on the menu.Special Features:
- Regained my respectNonnaskitchenDined on 8/17/2014I frequent Tower Oaks Lodge for business and family dinners. Several of my entrees over the past several years were not that great: creative but strange food combinations, tough steak, etc. To be fair I would say that 75% of my experiences have been very good. This past Sunday I had the swordfish over a bed of the freshest, lightly cooked summer veggies and a tasty, ephemerally crispy shrimp appetizer both of which were delicious. Because of some so-so dishes in the past, I have been careful about what I order. After this Sunday, I'm going to try some of the chef's special creations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/16/2014A great meal. The swordfish special (over corn and green bean succotash) was excellent and healthy eating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really good meal2dinersDined on 8/16/2014The service was excellent. The tomato salad appetizer was fabulous, as was all the food, except the New York Strip was very fatty. Also, the room we were in was a little noisy, but all in all the atmosphere was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, lovely staffyummy7111Dined on 8/16/2014My friend and I came for a working brunch, and we stayed for a couple hours. The staff never made us feel unwelcome, was attentive, and answered our questions with ease (we are planning an event there in the fall). The woodsy atmosphere is unique and basically fantastic overall. Also, I accidentally left my wallet and they were so nice about it and kept it safe until I was able to return - I am happy to recommend tower oaks to anyone and am happy to be planning a brunch there within the next few months!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great job as alwaysAEC71VIPDined on 8/15/2014This is a great place to meet with people with various foodie preferences: steak, fish, salad accompanied by innovative and refreshing cocktails and topped off with a light and delicious desert. Great wait staff.Special Features:
- SuefoodyDined on 8/15/2014Two starter courses made a full meal. Good hot coffee to finish the meal. Very tasty.Special Features:
- Awesome place to eatMzBevDined on 8/15/2014I have been to Cyles before, always a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner, as usualakela90Dined on 8/13/2014Anniversary dinner for two. We were on time, and were seated immediately. We had drinks, delicious fried calamari with lemon peppers. She had rare steak, I had Atlantic swordfish, both were great. Good noise level, did not have to raise our voices but did not worry about other diners listening in or trying to tune us out. Coffee and dessert. Attentive waitstaff. Fancy cocktails were only so-so, next time I'll stick with standard choices. It was a great evening. Tower Oaks Preserve is one of our "go-to- restaurants for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014We came to Tower Oaks to celebrate a special birthday. The food was very good and the service was outstanding. Kudos to the waiter for his outstanding service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experiencegoodfood22Dined on 8/12/2014Very good food, great service, and great ambiance. What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Great Place to EatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014Always great food, the decor is cool, get great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great oysters and SwordfishGreatfeastDined on 8/11/2014We has excellent fresh North Atlantic oysters-- very well prepared--and split great eggplant and swordfish entrees.Special Features:
- We love Tower OaksBarbDined on 8/11/2014My husband and I frequent all of the Clydes' restaurants. Tower Oaks is near us, and is gorgeous inside and out. The service is great and the food is terrific. We go there particularly to take friends who have never been and folks visiting from out of town. They are always impressed.Special Features:
- Great environment and menuLouiseDined on 8/10/2014This is my go-to restaurant for special occasions!Special Features:
- UnderwhelmedHeweeDined on 8/9/2014I always enjoy Clyde's Tower Oakes, but was disappointed by my experience this last time. The prices have all gone up by 1-2 dollars per entree and the single crab cake I ordered was just a bit bigger than a half dollar. I got a spoonful of corn and 3 potato wedges all for the low, low price of $17.95. Really??? I left the restaurant still hungry and another person in our party did not like his fish entree. I understand that everything is more expensive now, but stop jacking up the prices and reducing portion size. Clyde's was always my 'go to' place.....not so sure anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun and UniquekatnapDined on 8/8/2014I love to bring out-of-town visitors, or anyone who loves the outdoors, to Tower Oaks Lodge. The decor is so much fun - there is something interesting and beautiful everywhere you look! And the food is very good and reasonably priced. It also doesn't hurt that there's a portrait of one of my ancestors, Cornplanter of the Seneca Nation, on the wall!Special Features:
- Night out at the hunting lodgeluv2eatoutVIPDined on 8/8/2014Unlike the other restaurants in Clyde's chain, this one actually has totally separate rooms for dining and is much quieter than the others. After walking down a lit ramp from entrance/bar into the dinning area with walls lined with animal heads, we were seated at a table by the window that looked out onto woods. Wonderful. I felt like we were truly at a hunting lodge. The wine was great but my salmon was over cooked. My friend said her steak was excellent. In spite of the Friday night rush and crowd the waitress did not rush us out and she was very friendly and attentive. A great place for a special occasion or just to have a fun night out for a reasonable price.Special Features:
- Nice dinner spotlinajaneDined on 8/8/2014Interesting & varied menu, some unusual dishes, good service & very different & impressive ambiance.Special Features:
- RivadollRivadollDined on 8/7/2014The entire dinner was wonderful. I love Clyde's in Rockville because it has a very unique and beautiful atmosphere. Having lived in Reston, VA, for a long time, I experienced Clyde's before. This is very different. The staff is very thoughtful and thorough. My future stepson is a vegatarian/vegan and found something good to eat but you should have more options. I had wanted to talk to someone about a potential wedding party of 10 at Clyde's at Tower Oaks Lodge. I stated this in my initial reservation and asked the waiter about it. He said he would check and see if the person was available. I never heard back about it. So, I did not pursue it. I would still like to speak to someone about this. Thank you. RivaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant lunchjaprufrockDined on 8/5/2014The lunch my companion and I had was just "good"... as indicated on the scores above, the ambience us pleasant, the service is friendly, the place was a bit noisy, my quiche was bland. I would not recommend the quiche... all in all, without being too condescending, an OK experience. Nonetheless, I will go back.Special Features:
- Good, not greatMelvinaDined on 8/5/2014Menu was average--no specialite. Value for price was no better than average. Service was average. Room is beautiful. Noise level is high.Special Features:
- Always DependableKarenDined on 8/3/2014Tower Oaks Lodge is always dependable for good food and good service. They are also good for honoring reservations for the time you made them without excuses why your table isn't ready. The summer menu for 2014 is good. It is not my favorite by any means and I think there are far too many sandwiches on it. I am sure the vegetarians are pleased with it as there are a number of "faceless" offerings. The Cajun chicken fettuccini was very good. Just spicy enough and not overrun with pasta. Service was well paced. Our server was Patrick and he is both efficient and fun!Special Features:
- NEVER AGAIN!DiamondBoyLuisDined on 8/2/2014Great atmosphere, great staff..... horrible food. Took my wife today to enjoy a good dinner and that did not happen. The humus was all oily and bland. The chicken my wife ordered the cook must have forgot to use seasoning... the egg plant bruschetta was fried in old oil and we all know how yummy that taste is. And when I got my plated the falafel burger which sounded great till I tasted the old oil its fried in along with the fries. To say I was disappointed is an understatement I rather go to the Clydes in DC. The Rockville chef might want to call for some seasonings and cooking tips.
- Defending the cavemanGreat2dineDined on 8/2/2014After going downtown to see defending the caveman we took our wives to tower oaks lodge for a nice meal and good conversation. We started off by each having a drink from the bar. Drinks were very good. We each ordered something different and yet the food and the service was so good. The waiter keep checking back to make sure everything was ok. I would go back to tower oaks lodge in a heart beat. Service and food was very very good. No complaints at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food and serviceilianaDined on 8/1/2014delicious food and great service. however, I wish there were more meal options for vegetarians.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably GoodLindaDined on 7/28/2014I meet a friend occasionally for dinner. We always try to find something conveniently located for both of us. We've tried different places, but have since stopped trying and always go to Tower Oaks Lodge. We can always count on a great meal, good service and we enjoy the "lodge" decor. This time was no exception. The Haddock was wonderful, as was the Salted Caramel Bread Pudding dessert.Special Features:
- First not-so-good experienceRobinDined on 7/27/2014We eat at Tower Oaks a lot, and this was the first time that the service and food was not wonderful. We were there at 2pm (brunch). The server had too many tables assigned to him and was struggling to keep up. Bread took forever to come out and we had to ask twice. Trout came out fried, not broiled as requested. "Three egg" fritatta looked more like 1-½ - barely there on the plate. Challah french toast was nothing remarkable. Not sure I'd go back for brunch, as it was fairly disappointing.I would recommend this to a friend.