Tower Oaks Lodge
2 Preserve Parkway
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tower Oaks Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: 3012940200x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Eng
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private cocktail parties in the Saranac Bar
- Private Party Contact: Any Manager 3012940200x
- Special Events: Monday: Half-Price Wine
Easter Sunday Brunch & Dinner
Mother's Day Brunch & Dinner
Father's Day Brunch & Dinner
Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Tower Oaks Lodge
With the look and feel of one of the "Great Camps" of the Adirondacks, Tower Oaks Lodge serves an American-style saloon menu. Adjacent to a 21-acre nature preserve, Tower Oaks Lodge is located just off I-270. The raw bar features oysters from both coasts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tower Oaks Lodge - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Tower Oaks Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
506 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (232)special occasion (222)good for groups (211)great for lunch (209)great for brunch (146)fit for foodies (116)vibrant bar scene (112)scenic view (88)romantic (88)kid-friendly (87)notable wine list (51)hot spot (43)late-night find (42)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/17/2014Consistently good food and service and reasonable prices, and a very comfortable and pleasant dining room. It's one of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tower Oaks diningHungryinbethesdaDined on 10/17/2014We were a party of three for dinner at 5:30p on a Friday night. The Tack Room was at a low/conversational noise level when we arrived, but as the tables filled, by 7pm, the noise increased to "energetic." Service/Waitstaff was excellent. Food was also excellent (lobster, liver & onions, shrimp/pasta). A truly enjoyable early evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Inconsistent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/16/2014We have been going to Tower Oaks Lodge recently many times to enjoy their lobster special. The quality of the service has been very inconsistent. I do not know if it depends of the area where you are seated. Twice we have been at the pub area. The service was slow and they never brought us bread. We ordered mixed oysters but were not told which kind they were as arranged on the tray. Once we were in one of the more formal dining areas. The service was excellent. Much faster, brought us bread right away. This inconsistency is unfortunate.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoppaJoeDined on 10/16/2014Excellent haddock lunch. Cooked just right with good sides of rice and green beans. All of my lunch mates enjoyed their meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An added delightOCBeachcomberDined on 10/15/2014From handing our keys to the Valet to saying goodbye to the Valet everything in between was delightful. The staff were polite and welcoming, the waitress was simply a delight and the food, although familiar to many menus, was unique with Tower Oaks special touch. Was certainly an added treat to our Strathmore evening.Special Features:
- Great serviceellencVIPDined on 10/13/2014My boyfriend and I have been there before and have always had good food. Our service Mon. night was terrific. We had a server in training who was good but his mentor was outstanding. She was personable, knowledgable and made his parents feel so welcomed. The food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely loved it!!blujeansDined on 10/11/2014We had a 6:45p dinner reservation. We arrived about 5 minutes early and was escorted to our table at 6:45p. The server was very attentive, thoughtful and caring. The food was exceptionally good and very reasonably priced. The atmosphere was unique and well done. Though the dining room was full, the noise level was low. We could carry on a normal conversation. I would highly recommend the Tower Oaks Lodge for any occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/11/2014Service was spot on, very clean and of course the food! Excellent food, nice size portions and great prices. Perfect for most any occassion!Special Features:
- Enjoyable evening outMaiTeeDined on 10/10/2014My spouse and I were celebrating our 27th wedding anniversary on October 10, 2014, and the choice of restaurant seemed to have been the best selection. We would not hesitate to recommend the restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable food/attractive ambianceRonGVIPDined on 10/10/2014Food is always good. Beautiful lodge-like atmosphere. Jon was an outstanding server--good recommendations, personable, and attentive. Great raw bar happy hour specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatJerryHDined on 10/10/2014Service and food was great as usual. Kids nearby were well behaved and fun.Special Features:
- ReeseReeseDined on 10/10/2014I requested a booth in a room without a bar. When we arrived, our table was ready and it was a booth in one of the more quiet dinning rooms. Perfect! Our meal was delicious, service not hurried and overall, a most enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingHappyFoodieDined on 10/9/2014Although still a beautiful setting, the food was terribly disappointing this trip. Lobster pot pie had virtually no discernible lobster, even though the server said it had the same amount as the regular lobster order. The pumpkin ravioli was half onion with five flavorless ravioli. No one would expect "onion and oyster sauce" to result in half the plate filled with onion. Server was friendly and respectful of conversation (no interruptions mid-sentence). As noted by other reviewers, parking and noise level are always a problem.
- Visit 10/7/14OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014From the front desk thru our seating & meal in the Tack Room was superb event..My compliments to all the staffSpecial Features:
- Pleasant dining experienceJoeMDined on 10/6/2014Will be a regular -----------------------------------------------------------Special Features:
- Consistant, Wonderful MealUnchainedAdventuresVIPDined on 10/5/2014Great restaurant. Love the change in menu monthly. This month , October, German is added as well as lobster dishes. The full lobster is a great deal at $19.95 but the 'lobster pie' is just OK. Not much meat and very small portion for the same price. Always very busy on the weekend make reservations.Special Features:
- Love it!SherryDined on 10/5/2014One of my favorite places to eat! The ambiance, the food & service are terrific as well as the prices. Highly recommend!Special Features:
- Very nice. Terrific aspect.BarronHDined on 10/5/2014Good service. Courteous and professional. Brunch menu could benefit from being expanded with some additional, like fritattas, etc. The restaurant looks great from both an outside setting, and an inside perspective. Very high noise level. Hard to hear each other, even sitting in a booth. The cream of crab soup had way too many shell fragments in it, but tasted great. The rest of the food was really pretty good, well-prepared and presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yea Clyde'sEnjoydiningwithfriendsDined on 10/4/2014This experience was so much better than our last - new menu, attentive service. Loved the pumpkin ravioli - thanks for stepping it up - we will return.Special Features:
- Never disappoints!ellekaybeVIPDined on 10/4/2014A decorative, vibrant restaurant with food to die for, this place never disappoints!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great placeFoodDudeDined on 10/4/2014The food here is pretty good. I wouldn't say "Wow! This food is fantastic!", but its definitely delicious food with some thought given to presentation. The ambiance and decor is half of what I go there for. Restaurant is separated into different rooms, each is unique but has a sort of rustic feel to it. The bar area has limited seating, but is pretty great in and of itself. Menu changes seasonally, so you get to experience some different options from time to time which is nice. Next time you go, get the pickle jar, a personal favorite of mine :)Special Features:
- Always consistentmollyVIPDined on 10/4/2014Always a great time at Clydes Tower Oaks. The food is great as is the service. Parking can be tricky but they offer complimentary valet. It's Lobster Month so enjoy!Special Features:
- Noisy night at Clyde'sLBBBDined on 10/4/2014As always, food was good and service attentive. That said, the noise level in the 'atrium' (end of restaurant with large tables; we had a party of 6) was so loud that conversation was limited to the person next to me - couldn't hear my husband across the table until a few tables emptied out. We brought out-of-town friends and unfortunately I don't think they were impressed. The food was good, though. Chili hearty and well-spiced. Cream of broccoli soup was great. I had the lobster special - a small lobster, cracked, with a substituted small but delicious Caesar salad. I requested spinach instead of cold slaw but got the cold slaw - not too big a deal, it was good. Dining companions seemed to like the crab cakes. Haddock was very good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for special occasionsvegetarianDined on 10/4/2014This was my first time dining here and it was to celebrate my 2 year anniversary. The food was delicious, the staff were very nice, and the atmosphere was amazing. The staff were so kind - they brought us an anniversary dessert with a candle in it. They also took our picture in the beautifully decorated hallway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crab CakescanyonandstormyDined on 10/2/2014My Wife and I think Tower Oaks is a real gem- decor, ambiance, and service. We really enjoy the outdoor New England feel of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dirty wine glass -- why?parvDined on 10/2/2014Clyde's is a very popular place here, with hunting lodge décor and traditional fare. So I was surprised to get a grossly dirty wine glass which ruined the whole impression. This shows a breakdown in a process somewhere. Maybe the kitchen needs to be more well lit.Special Features:
- Great lobsterNiniDined on 10/2/2014The great deal and even better lobster is a perfect reason to come to Clydes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- evening dinner spotPjdinerDined on 10/2/2014nice venue for a dinner after work with family and friendsSpecial Features:
- An awesome dinner experienceclarksbrgdinerDined on 10/2/2014My wife and I went for dinner before a show at Strathmore Music Center that is nearby. It was wonderful. The staff quite friendly and congenial. The aroma of passing meals was mouthwatering. Our order of soup and entrees came quickly, presented well, and absolutely perfect. The ambience is total L.L. Bean, but done very nicely. Will definitely be going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice, predictable place for lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/1/2014Clyde's Tower Oaks Lodge is a mainstay for the older population in the Potomac/Rockville area. My mom and I went for our weekly lunch. Most of the surrounding tables had older couples who ordered a cocktail (Manhattan, Bloody Marys, etc.) and then go home to take a nap. The menu has been updated recently, and that's good. The addition of small bites, i.e., edamame, fried pickles, were fun. And cheap! I went with my standard go-to Trout-Parm. It wasn't good. My mom got calf's liver (who orders that?!) and it was tough and she had to eat around a lot of fat. All in all, service was fine, and we'll be back because at least the service is consistent.Special Features:
- PotatoesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/30/2014They don't have baked potatoes. How can one eat a steak without baked potatoes?I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014Food and atmosphere are great! Good oysters which are half price during happy hour. Also have very good brunch options. Love to go here with family and friends for any ocation.Special Features:
- Great restaurantKenSVIPDined on 9/27/2014We have been here 25+ times and have always enjoyed it every time.Special Features:
- Consistently goodfathersdayDined on 9/27/2014Once again, Tower Oaks was reliably good. The regular menu is varied enough to please everyone and we have not had a disappointing dish. This time the lobster specials and the trout Parmesan from the regular menu were excellent.Special Features:
- We did not dine there that nightDaveysMomVIPDined on 9/27/2014We cancelled the reservation by phone because my husband was late & they told me if we came in 15 minutes later we would have to wait behind all the people who had reservations we made another reservation at The Grilled Oyster nearbyI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTerptimeDined on 9/27/2014Recently attended for anniversary dinner. As usual the restaurant was packed. As busy as they were the service was outstanding. No long waits for anything. We've eaten there a number of times and as usual the food was outstanding. The menu has enough variance to satisfy just about anybody. Recommend for any type of occassion except possibly for a quiet romantic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but....DrsJVIPDined on 9/27/2014Food and service were good. I had the Lobster Pie. The portions at this Clyde's for the same entree was noticeably smaller than the Clyde's at Mark Center. At Mark Center I was told it had all the meat of the 1 1/4 lb. lobster...and it did. The portion at Tower Oaks was about 1/2 the size of that at Mark Center. It was mostly mashed potatoes (which were delicious) but not what I was expecting. That is why I did not give the overall rating more stars. Our waitress was very pleasant and did not rush us at all. Everything came as ordered.Special Features:
- frequentdinerVIPDined on 9/27/2014Overall another delightful experience at a restaurant which we always enjoy. Just one thing this time - attention needs to be given to the front desk. The personnel did not even greet us, nor did they seem aware that we had a reservation, and they were basically rude--not what you would expect as the front door to a very nice restaurant.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Less than anticipateddisappointedDined on 9/26/2014I had made a reservation for my husband's birthday based upon glowing recommendations made by an acquaintance of mine and was sorely disappointed. I had the parmesan trout which was more of a "fish & chips" quality. My husband loves filet and great fish dishes and didn't really see anything on the menu that appealed to him. I was rather disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice nightLab2momDined on 9/25/2014Out with my husband, daughter and son-in law, good food, reasonable prices, good selection and rustic atmosphere, you feel like you've gotten out of the city. Very enjoyable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.