Tower Oaks Lodge
2 Preserve Parkway
Rockville, MD 20852Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Tower Oaks Lodge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.clydes.com/
- Phone: (301) 294-0200
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm; Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:30pm, Sunday: 10:00am - 4:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Eng
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private cocktail parties in the Saranac Bar
- Private Party Contact: Kathleen Carbonaro or Any Manager 3012940200x
- Special Events: Thanksgiving Dinner on Thursday, Nov 27, 2014
Christmas Eve Dinner on Wednesday, Dec 24, 2014
New Year's Eve on Wednesday, Dec 31, 2014
A word from Tower Oaks Lodge
With the look and feel of one of the "Great Camps" of the Adirondacks, Tower Oaks Lodge serves an American-style saloon menu. Adjacent to a 21-acre nature preserve, Tower Oaks Lodge is located just off I-270. The raw bar features oysters from both coasts.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tower Oaks Lodge - Best Restaurants in Rockville ›
Tower Oaks Lodge reviews from OpenTable diners
525 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (238)special occasion (238)good for groups (233)great for lunch (211)great for brunch (150)fit for foodies (143)vibrant bar scene (120)romantic (91)scenic view (88)kid-friendly (83)notable wine list (58)hot spot (58)late-night find (42)great for outdoor dining (5)Show More
- Linda BurginBubbeVIPDined on 11/23/2014Always consistent - love the haddock & the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in Rockville...You Must Be MistakenGSCMJOEDined on 11/23/2014Was suggested by a friend that we meet at the Tower Oaks Lodge for dinner. Never been, never heard of and had to map-quest the location....gee Toto we're not in Kansas anymore! Having dined at some of the finer restaurants in DC (live in DC) the suggestion at eating at a Rockville restaurant was not on my to-do-list. Tower Oaks Lodge is a very good restaurant with fine, food, service and a very substantial wine list. My dessert hit the exquisite category...pear tart. Crab cakes were sensational and not overly complimented with fillers. The salad was like it came from the garden. The dining room was a bit noisy but our request to be reseated in a quieter area was cheerfully executed. Will I make the trek from NW DC to Tower Oaks Lodge again...indeed I will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Family and friendsMarKDined on 11/23/2014A great brunch. Service was great, the food was tasty, and the noise was low enough to allow a warn conversation with old friends. All in all a good time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FAAdinerDined on 11/22/2014We have eaten here many times and always enjoyed it, this time however the portions were smaller and both the soup and all of our entrees were way too salty. I may hesitate to return
- Very Pleasant Family Favoritedrm22Dined on 11/20/2014We have been dining here for years & with the exception of occasional service slip-ups, we are always very pleased.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeBGGalVIPDined on 11/19/2014We had a cheese burger and steak salad. Both were excellent. It was too noisy back by the bar.
- Weekday night at Tower OaksPatpatDined on 11/19/2014Dinner at Tower Oaks (this time with our two Grandkids) is always fun. The food is usually good. But the Chicken wings just weren't that appetizing. The skin was not at all crisp or even browned. Wings were a bit tough and just not something we would order again. My duck entree was mixed; Breast portion almost all fat, while drumstick was quite good. Oysters, as a half price appetizer, were the highlight. We agreed that it was either an off night or that the food preparation is slipping.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Make it GoodMakeitGoodDined on 11/16/2014Wel, I've written one review before, but been her many times since, and the thing that always makes me back toting old friends and out-of-towners is the fact that you can sit there for as long as you want and the wait staff never gives you the feeling they're hurrying you out so the next party can be seated. I always make advanced reservations just to be sure I can be seated when I had planned because the place is usually very busy. I have one old friend I always come here with because she loves the feeling of being in a Camp Lodge environment and never tires of it. Fall lobster festival is fabulous and crab cakes are always good, too. I am not crazy about the way large chunks of fruit (not always exactly ripe) have replaced more bite sized pieces in the fruit side order, but certainly like the idea of a fruit side order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was only okay this timeDaveysmomVIPDined on 11/15/2014They have change the menu with a greater emphasis on apps. I got the hot turkey sandwich & it was on cornbread that I believe was supposed to be remenicent of stuffing. The turkey tasted rewarmed-not to my liking. The puréed sweet potatoes-cold. Server did bring a steaming hot dish when I mentioned it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary LunchJen66Dined on 11/15/2014I took my parents to celebrate their anniversary. They loved the place. The atmosphere is delightful and the décor is tasteful and so interesting. It is a great place to take someone to celebrate because you feel very special at a reasonable price. Our server was fantastic--friendly, knowledgeable, attentive and professional. The entire staff appears to be trained very well. They definitely add to the pleasant experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodSammyDined on 11/15/2014Food needs to be improved. Nothing special about it. Can get same quality for lower prices elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What's going on with Tower Oaks?OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/15/2014I've gone to Tower Oaks (and the other Clyde's restaurants ever since moving here decades ago. They are generally very reliable, and generally the food is good. However, we took two of my husband's European colleagues there for brunch last Saturday, thinking they would enjoy all of the Americana, as , indeed, they did. But the food was a disaster, VERY, VERY disappointing. My bagel was STALE. Seriously. As in crumbling into dust. And burnt. Another person's crab cake was sort of bland and tasteless, and the accompanying french fries were limp and pallid. One hopes this is just a blip at Tower Oaks!
- MonaDined on 11/15/2014Saturday, Nov 15th we were celebating my mother's 87th birthday. She loves that place. However, she ordered the cornbeef hash and it was horrible. She was so discappointed, not only that, she ordered some toast, it did not come with the meal and they charged her for it We have been attending a Clydes rresaurant for over 30 years. We attend at least twice a month. This is the first tkme we have been disappointed in the food. We did not say anything at the time because we had brought friends with us and had made such a big deal about Clydes, we did not want to mention it in front of our friends. Normally your food is excellent. What happened?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A favoriteLove2eatDined on 11/14/2014Tower Oaks Lodge is one of our favorite restaurants in the area. We love the ambiance in each room, especially during the cold weather months. The food is always delicious, and we look forward to their seasonal selections. We intend to go back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- See below.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/12/2014This was just my wife and I for a 48th anniversary dinner. We arrived at about 8PM and were promptly seated. The exterior was dark and I could not see the view. The food was superb and promptly served. Our waitress was very attentive and delivered each order with very little delay between courses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a WinnerBoatmiesterDined on 11/11/2014Tower Oaks is a local establishment that delivers each time. Friends, family and guests are always treated well, the food is consistently good and the service cannot be beat. Recommended for any occasion and a holiday treat.Special Features:
- TruthTellerVIPDined on 11/11/2014I've given this restaurant mediocre reviews in this past. But this is the second time I've given it more favorable reviews. Food is better than it used to be and service is more professional. Now I look forward to going here, which was not the case before. If you haven't been to this restaurant in awhile because you felt it wasn't that great, I suggest trying it again. You may be pleasantly surprised.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinBethesdaDined on 11/11/2014Good food and service Always consistent My go to place when I need to take someone to lunchSpecial Features:
- Reliable excellenceecvandyDined on 11/9/2014I love going to a Clyde's restaurant. The food is always good, the service friendly and efficient. I don't go as often as I would like because I cannot eat out as much as I might like, but I do go to Tower Oaks for special occasions and to take guests. The menu has staple favorites (like the crab cake), and always something new.Special Features:
- French Dip was tough, spit it out.DutchDined on 11/9/2014Waiter did not ask to refill my tea or my water. When told my meat was not eatable, he said " I will tell the Chef". Bill should have reflected poor quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing, Delicious & RomanticMarcJacqDined on 11/8/2014DH and I shared a romantic evening at Tower Oaks. Quickly found a parking space close to the front door. Warmly greeted and immediately seated in the Tack Room. The décor is quite interesting. Ordered Crab & Artichoke Dip to share, also had Maryland Cream of Crab soup. The dip was good and the soup was excellent. DH had Steak Frites, substituted the shoestring fries for French fries. Steak was tasty and cooked to perfection. The French fries were delicious. I had the Jumbo Lump Crab Cakes which were yummy; glad I ordered double. Ordered the Bread Pudding to go because we were both full; ate for breakfast the next morning--very delicious. A huge thanks to John L., the best server ever who helped make our evening so amazing. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb meal, lovely atmosphere!JojoVIPDined on 11/8/2014This restaurant has an amazing decor. The food was delicious and was beautifully presented. I had the Brussel sprout and duck confit salad and the N.Y. Sirloin steak with roasted Fingerling potatoes and grilled swiss chard and finally the Brownie Sundae. I quaffed a house Cabernet and a hot chocolate with Godiva liqueur and creme de menthe. Quite a place!Special Features:
- unique diningfoodiegirlDined on 11/7/2014This is my go-to place. The food is consistently great. If you land in the front bar there is a seasoned bar tender who rocks. He makes great drinks but some of the other staff not consistent and we have sent a couple of drinks back. I would and have several times recommended this place. Its my favorite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TWAS A GREAT TIME....RockyDined on 11/6/2014at a classy restaurant. It has it all. Great bar scene, great food, and wonderful ambiance. Stuffed cougar is especially impressive. Recommended as a 5 star.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Pleasantdrm22Dined on 11/5/2014Our party of 3 always enjoys lunch here. The menu is extensive & you can always find things that you don't find elsewhere. There are occasional blips in the service, which are quickly corrected when brought to the server's attention. (We had to ask for bread.) The food is excellent although I am finding the portion size to be smaller for everything starting with the bread on down. Have been going here since the place opened, & will continue to do so. Love the way Clyde's puts so much effort into the way each of its restaurants are built around a theme & are perfectly decorated.Special Features:
- Reagle ReviewBevyDined on 11/4/2014Food and service were exellent. The dining room was fairly quite so conversation was easy.Special Features:
- Good food and atmospherebertaDined on 11/2/2014We went on a Sunday night with another couple. I was surprised how noisy it was. I'm glad we were in a booth because if we were at a table I'm not sure we would have been able to hear each other. The waitress was excellent and we all enjoyed our meals. We will certainly return there for another special occasion.Special Features:
- Great as always!tesserac1961Dined on 11/2/2014Tower Oaks never disappoints. Great dining rooms, great wait staff. I do have to say unfortunately the check in process is always sketchy. I get the feeling things get disjointed at times at the front check in. Not sure why just a lot of scuffling to get us back. This happens every time. But once you get seated you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Fantastic experienceAnniversarydinneroutDined on 11/1/2014Clydes Tower Oaks Lodge was a fabulous dining experience. It is a beautiful restaurant, and was romantic. Our server was outstanding, and the food was delivered quickly and tasted delicious. Their menu has a variety of options for all tastes, and the prices are extremely reasonable. We will definitely be going back there again soon!Special Features:
- Great service -- special occasionswilson1958VIPDined on 11/1/2014My spouses's birthday dinner -- a special one. Our server Crystal has that smile that makes lights up a room and makes you feel more than welcome. She took our food allergy very seriously. Her graciousness -- unparalleled. When I accidentally left my leftovers on the table, I went back to find they had already been thrown away (my mistake, not theirs). Sherman the manager graciously had a replacement meal prepared -- totally didn't need to do that. This is the kind of service that keeps us coming back. The fine menu doesn't hurt either.Special Features:
- Weekend lunch versus brunchVAnativeDined on 11/1/2014Just a caution ... Met friends for lunch on Saturday and two were disappointed as they were not brunch people (don't do eggs, etc) and felt that menu didn't offer them options which used to be available for lunch. Two were fine with menu but others said they won't meet for lunch on weekends given more limited lunch options. Food was great but just something folks should be aware of - abbreviated lunch menus available on weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great atmosphere, good foodcmklDined on 10/31/2014The autumn cauliflower was awesome, although a little too buttery. The reuben was great, as always, although the fries are not what they were years ago. Fabulous ambiance and reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Great valueCharlesDined on 10/31/2014Best décor in the DC area. Good food, good service, moderate prices. Best value for money in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Birthday DinnerTooTallSueDined on 10/29/2014The food and service are wonderful. My only negative is the noise level when crowded (which is much of the time).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Tower Oaks!AnitabrieDined on 10/29/2014I've dined here at least 10 times, and every time was terrific... and the friends I introduced to the restaurant loved it!Special Features:
- DISAPOINTMENTDined on 10/28/2014My Salmon was very good but I was dissapointed with the frozen french fries and the limited menu. My girlfriend had the lobster and was not satisfied with it. The waitress did offer her free dessert, though.Special Features:
- Fabulous as always!TinyDined on 10/27/2014Tower Oaks Lodge has been my favorite for many years. It always exceeds my expectations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- needs helpDinahDined on 10/26/2014Lobster dinner was a bargain, but no comparison to the same dinner at Clyde's in Georgetown. Lobster not as well prepared, fries were stale, cole slaw was dry and tasteless. What's up with that???
- FoodloverDined on 10/26/2014The restaurant is beautiful,charming and hospitable. It was a late Sunday morning meal. Our food was delicious. Our waiter brought a coffee cake for us to nibble on while we waited for our breakfast/lunch meal. The noise level was moderate and we truly enjoyed spending time with old friends catching up on family stories and memories. So the environment was conducive to conversation. Our meals were all different,served hot and relatively quickly. Our waiter appeared new but tried hard to please. When he was not to be seen, we found there were other waiters or managers willing to help us. We would return in a flash!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Three times a winnerSteakloverDined on 10/25/2014I've been to Tower Oaks three times in the last three months after a several-year absence. It has been terrific each time; the first and second were lunches and the last was dinner. Food was exceptional on the first and third; service was great on the second and third. Ambiance terrific on all three. Noise level at lunch made confersation easy - not so much at dinner, but do-able. We were never rushed at any of the visits. Recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.