Tower Bridge Bistro
100 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Tower Bridge Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.towerbridgebistro.com/
- Phone: 9163265050x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Clay Purcell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Tower Bridge Bistro
Come experience Tower Bridge Bistro’s New California-Tuscan cuisine inside the beautifully appointed Embassy Suites – Sacramento. We’re located a home-run away from Raley Field and the home of the Sacramento Rivercats. A train ride away from Old Sacramento and the Railroad Museum, two colorful blocks from the Crocker Art Museum and down the mall from the Capitol and Downtown Plaza Shopping Center. Dine amongst works by talented local artists while enjoying the sunset over the Tower Bridge outside our floor to ceiling windows. Enjoy Champagne Brunch with us on our beautiful patio on the levee of the Sacramento River. Taste classic and new creations presented artfully alongside a wine list featuring over 80 selections of well-known as well as yet to be discovered gems. Prepare to settle for the extraordinary….Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Tower Bridge Bistro - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Tower Bridge Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
23 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (15)great for outdoor dining (13)special occasion (9)romantic (7)fit for foodies (7)notable wine list (5)neighborhood gem (5)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (4)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Sacramento GemOrthoDined on 9/13/2014I was asked to find a new dining experience close to home and after reading reviews booked a table. The salads and main dishes were tasty and unique! The wait staff could not have been more attentive. Anxious to go back and sit in their patio overlooking the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Labor Day DinnerMahlergirlDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary, and had never been here before, so we thought we'd give it a try. The place was very quiet, with only a few other couples. The service was the best part, with our waiter very attentive, and our water constantly refilled The food was good, although I had a big melting lump of very salty garlic butter in the middle of my steak. It was overpowering and I had to scrape it off in order to eat my rib eye. Otherwise, the meal and desserts were very good.Special Features:
- GREAT DINNERteachermom1954Dined on 8/23/2014This was a great place for dinner. The view was great and the food was amazing. My daughter and I split the salmon and it was just perfect for the two of us. Our server was wonderful and took very good care of us.Special Features:
- Exquisite!SuperZDined on 8/19/2014. Every facet perfect with excellent attention to detail. . Having a choice of booths or tables is a nice option. .Special Features:
- Great lunch spotCinaDined on 8/18/2014You can actually have a conversation--great for girlfriends meeting for lunch. Menu selection was varied and many choices at a very reasonable price. The fresh fruit side dish option with your sandwich entree doesn't cost extra either. Our waitress was attentive and knowledgeable. The birthday gal even got a free dessert. Also appreciate the free valet parking. I've been there for dinner, too--excellent.Special Features:
- A hidden Gem!Markob721Dined on 8/15/2014First of all the Manager, 'Margarite', and her staff were very sweet, professional and accommodating in every way. And the food! The quality and the preparation were superb, as well as the unique selection. We began our meal with the, a delightful assortment of perfectly cooked, Tempura style, Calamari, fresh local veggies and olives. We followed with a dish that is not commonly found in any establishment, exquisitely prepared 'Sweetbreads' in a Lyonnais fashion. Our main entrée really says it all about the creativity of the Chef, large meaty scallops perfectly seared, drizzled with a heavenly wine sauce and garnished with a spot of caviar which not only made for a dazzling presentation but it added a subtle savory to the dish . EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & outdoor scenic viewBAM62Dined on 8/9/2014To start, "warm bread" was older bread that had been thrown in the microwave (trust me, this was not fresh bread!) We thought that the Greek Horiatiki Salad was good, but was overly drenched in lemon oregano vinaigrette (we thought it was just excessive Olive Oil). Also, the Fritto Misto appetizer was just a bunch of deep fried calamari with couple of asparagus deep fried with it (very disappointing!). Wife's "Flying Prawns" with Orzo pasta was equally disappointing (prawns? shrimp!) The Orzo pasta was just too simple for this dish. My Ribeye Steak was descent, but nothing special. Portion size was excellent, but I really did not detect any flavor other then "plain". Mushroom compound butter? didn't care for it at all.Special Features:
- First time was pleasurableonTheRoadDined on 7/28/2014I had a taste for steak and their rib-eye really fit the bill and was very affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Tower Bridge Bistro is a real surprise for service and food. At first blush it feels like the slightly upscale version of the free area for breakfast in the morning at the Embassy Suites. But the food and service are MUCH better than you would expect. I had bacon wrapped scallops that were excellent. We also had a Clam Chowder that was reported "as good as Captain Jacks in Siesta Key" by my father in law who lives there 6 months of the year. While not fancy it's a great place to go have good food.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceWonderfulDined on 7/16/2014It was our first time here and we may try it again. Tried the pork chop an it was overcooked. The appetizers were good as well as the service. Very knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Surprising!bonvivantDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant is part of hotel, and as such, I was not inclined to expect much. But, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, the comfortable ambiance and the very fair prices. Our visit was on July 4 and the patio seating was perfect for viewing the annual fire works in the adjacent Old Sacramento area, while enjoying a very tasty and well prepared meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be Back!JoelDined on 6/26/2014We had not been here before, but we'll be back. Everything was perfect, from the baked brie to the dessert, and you can't ask for better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice dinnermidtownerDined on 6/22/2014Dinner near the river. Good food and service, wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, food, & wineBrueppelDined on 6/20/2014Great bar area...stayed for dinner...excellent food and service. We will definitely go again!Special Features:
- RecommendablemagstorichesDined on 5/24/2014They have a pretty patio overlooking the Tower Bridge and Sacramento River. The Old Sacramento Train runs RIGHT next to it, which is kind of cute (it's a slow moving, quiet train). The food was good, as well as the service, and the restaurant was quiet, so if you're looking to have a meeting or a chat with friends, this would be a good location. Although it is a hotel restaurant, and you are very aware of it the entire time, based on the food and service, I would recommend the Tower Bridge Bistro, probably for a breezy lunch on the patio (where it probably wouldn't feel quite so hotel-y).Special Features:
- The following 178 reviews are from the Tower Bridge Bistro reviews archive.
- DangerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014Kit was a joke $=food very poor not worth the 1000 points !!!!
- The best kept secret in townJanjanDined on 3/13/2014I have eaten at the TB Bistro several times and it is always great. The pork chop is the best I have ever had. There service is fun and excellent. The view is perfect, everything is right on, except it is usually quite empty. If you have not eaten here do yourselves and your palates a favor and dine there once, you will go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FinddininginsactoDined on 3/9/2014Excellent service provided by our server David and his assistant Antonio. Both are experienced servers, and provide warm, friendly service that is well paced and efficient. The food was great. The beef tenderloin was tender and cooked perfectly. The pork chop also got rave reviews in our party of 3, with special kudos to the cherry pan sauce and the shaved Brussels sprouts. It was a great dining experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Embassy Suites has many wonderfulBaseballMomDined on 3/8/2014Embassy Suites has many wonderful restaurants in their hotels and Tower Bridge Bistro lives up to this reputation. The service was fabulous; only "complaint" is the server didn't introduce herself so I can't tell you her name and we can't request her again. I had the onion soup which was great; my tablemates each had the pear salad and they loved it. All our entrees were very tasty; however, I believe they may have sat under a heat lamp for a few minutes before being served as our mashed potatoes were warm, rather than hot. We will definitely go back again - waiting for the warmer weather so we can sit outside and really enjoy the view of the Tower Bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good vegan dishDanteDined on 2/28/2014And a great spicy Cioppino, although my wife thought the fish was over cooked. If you can get over that this is in a hotel, we had very good service and they made a special vegan entree for our friend.
- Better than I expected! Quite nice!LivesNearbyDined on 2/28/2014The service was excellent - we were well taken care of. We (4 of us) sat at a table with a lovely view of the Tower Bridge, all lit up for the evening. The bread came warm and was delicious. I split a green salad with mushrooms with my friend, and even with the split, the portion was generous; the dressing was very tasty. For my entree, the salmon, and I was very happy with it -- moist and tasty and served hot. It came with green beans perfectly done. One friend got the scallops, which were delicious, and another got the chicken. He was less happy with his meal - said the chicken was a bit dry. I compliment the chef for presentation. I would certainly go back there but two of my three companions said they would not. So, mixed review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an OK placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014The food wasn't that exceptional. My dad said the steak was difficult to cut, it was not (his problem, not theirs). My friend said her pasta was cold (she didn't ask for a replacement (her problem, not theirs). I can't recall what I had (obviously not remarkable). But, the waiter was quite friendly and was attentive. The view is great, the river and the Capitol Bridge.Special Features:
- A delightful anniversary dinnerSacfoodieDined on 1/27/2014Celebrated our anniversary there and it was perfect. Fillet was so tender, even my 93 year old mother loved it. Scallops were perfectly cooked and the spaghetti squash was an excellent pairing, especially with the buerre blanc sauce. Best was the service. David and his assistant Antonio were efficient and yet warm and friendly, making us feel so welcome. Red velvet cake was so light, like chiffon pie and my fav. My husband loved the caramel cake. Cakes were served on a plate with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate and topped with a candle.Special Features:
- Served With RespectOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014As a young man, I am often treated as a child at higher end restaurants. However, the Tower Bridge Bistro treated me with complete respect. This added to the already amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was quite good. WegastrojimDined on 1/11/2014The food was quite good. We enjoyed both the food and the wine. The prime rib was especially good. This was our first time here and we were somewhat disappointed in the ambiance of the place. For the price point I prefer some other restaurants somewhat more.Special Features:
- Fooled By Other ReviewsNot1bitHappyDined on 12/28/2013Attn: this is IN Embassy Suites--a garish, Las Vegas-ish confusion of oversized design and slovenly guests. Location is good (within reach of the river and the Tower Bridge) and valet parking is easy (hotel validates). There's a large patio on the river that would make summer dining the best time to go. Once we found the Bistro (no signs cued the way), it had just one table occupied (wkend at 8pm), and reception staff took a moment to judge that we might possibly be there to eat. Service was prompt, sloppy, and weak on desire to improve our experience. Our guests enjoyed their food (duck and steak); the crab crepe was barely fare. Salads were uninspired, over-salted. Major disappointment. Won't return.Special Features:
- Excellent Resturanttahoe2seaDined on 12/8/2013This is my second time here the food was excellent steak tender bacon wrapped shrimp tasty service was prompt and friendly a great place for summer dinningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic shrimp dishSacfoodieDined on 11/24/2013Bacon-wrapped shrimp was perfectly cooked--bacon was crisp and stayed snugly around the perfectly cooked shrimp. It was served over creamy polenta and spinach, which was great with saltiness of the bacon. Polenta was ringed with red-eyed gravy. Really unusual combo for us, but it was delicious all together. Raved about it so much, our server David introduced us to chef Jason who created this dish. That was a surprise and treat for us. Jason even shared the trick for the crispy bacon without over cooking the shrimp.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- View of the bridgeninav364Dined on 11/15/2013The clam chowder was good. The arugula salad with grilled pear had NO arugula, only spinach, i was not impressed with this substitute. The service was fast and attentive. Other than that, it's an OK place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place to dine nice viewtahoe2seaDined on 11/14/2013Nice place to dine nice view quiet good service nice menuSpecial Features:
- Great for VegansJimandlinDined on 11/9/2013We found the chief and kitchen most accommodating. Our request for a vegan entre was met with enthusiasm and the finished product excellent.Special Features:
- Embassy Suites BistrodiningdivaDined on 10/26/2013Our group had reservations for dinner and we were promptly seated where we requested. Staff were all friendly and efficient in their service. We all ordered different entrees and everyone thoroughly their meal. We will definitely return to enjoy another delicious repast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very dissatisfied! Avoid!DavidDined on 10/25/2013The restaurant was empty which was a red flag on a Friday night. Our waiter was not enthusiastic and was not knowledgeable of the items we ordered. When our food arrived he had misinformed us of the preparation. We brought this to his attention and with a flat affect asked if we want something else. Not "I'm sorry" or I will fix it. After that he never cam back to the table until he brought the check. Then his flat affect disappeared and was suddenly friendly. Avoid this place. They offered 1000 points and now I know why.
- loved the vegan challenge menuJT44Dined on 10/19/2013So we're wondering, why hasn't a vegan option been added to the regular menu? It doesn't have to shout that it's vegan, but plenty of people would welcome a healthier option. The noise gets pretty intense if the door to the bar is left open. Thanks to the staff for trying diligently to keep the door closed!I would recommend this to a friend.
- My husband and I went formsnikkiDined on 10/13/2013My husband and I went for our anniversary on a Sunday evening. I choose this restaurant mainly because it boost of the romantic ambiance. However, when we walked in the restaurant was empty and all we saw were naked tables. We were asked if we wanted a table or a booth, we choose a booth. We were disappointed as we had no view of the river or city as promised and the menu was very limited. The waiter and staff provided us with excellant service.
- Tower Bridge Bistro alwayssacshrinkDined on 10/6/2013Tower Bridge Bistro always does great during the vegan chef challenge each October.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!BeccaDined on 10/6/2013We came to this restaurant for our anniversary. The food was delicious, and the wait staff was attentive. We met a couple sitting at the next table, and they shocked us when they paid our entire bill. This was definitely an anniversary we will remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very nice transformationMichaelsvantagepointDined on 10/3/2013The remodeled bistro is smarter, cozier, and opened for business. Still has very good food and a very nice staff with a great view of our river. I have not been there with my family for a while so lunch was a very nice surprise. We fill be back for dinner very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service9008358Dined on 9/30/2013Waiter provided very good service. The food tasted good but, too much butter or oil used for our taste. Not drench but, more like french style cooking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice casual date restaurant.MrSinghDined on 9/27/2013Nice casual date restaurant. There is a lounge which i don't know the timing of, also has a view of the bridge which is really nice but you have to sit outside for the view. A bit over priced.Special Features: