Tower Bridge Bistro
100 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814Neighborhood:
CalifornianPrice: $30 and under
Tower Bridge Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.towerbridgebistro.com/
- Phone: (916) 326-5050
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Californian
- Executive Chef: Clay Purcell
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Tower Bridge Bistro
Come experience Tower Bridge Bistro’s New California-Tuscan cuisine inside the beautifully appointed Embassy Suites – Sacramento. We’re located a home-run away from Raley Field and the home of the Sacramento Rivercats. A train ride away from Old Sacramento and the Railroad Museum, two colorful blocks from the Crocker Art Museum and down the mall from the Capitol and Downtown Plaza Shopping Center. Dine amongst works by talented local artists while enjoying the sunset over the Tower Bridge outside our floor to ceiling windows. Enjoy Champagne Brunch with us on our beautiful patio on the levee of the Sacramento River. Taste classic and new creations presented artfully alongside a wine list featuring over 80 selections of well-known as well as yet to be discovered gems. Prepare to settle for the extraordinary….Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerCalifornian
Tower Bridge Bistro - Best Restaurants in Sacramento ›
Tower Bridge Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (12)great for outdoor dining (11)scenic view (10)special occasion (10)good for groups (8)neighborhood gem (7)romantic (7)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (4)great for lunch (2)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- WWatcherDined on 11/22/2014Nice place for dinner, menu was a nice size with great options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best "First Experience" Ever!LancasterKatVIPDined on 10/28/2014I made a reservation for two through Open Table, and added a note in the comments area that we would like a table where we could view the World Series, and they had the perfect table for that! While I ended up having to dine alone, the servers David and Antonio made me feel welcome and right at home. There was a convention happening inside the hotel, which kind of skews the noise and atmosphere a bit, but I didn't mind. Inside the restaurant was much quieter than it was in the adjoining bar. I had the Clam Chowder and the Rib Eye, and both did not dissapoint. I finished off the night by treating myself to Banana Cream Pie and ended up taking a walk outside along the river. It's a fantastic hidden gem. Get here before the word gets out!Special Features:
- Eat on patio overlooking the riverLeapingLVIPDined on 10/27/2014Do not let the fact that this restaurant is located in a hotel dissuade you from eating there! Sit outside and enjoy the view of the river and bridge. The service was perfect: attentive without badgering. Meal was deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vegan Chef ChallengesacshrinkVIPDined on 10/26/2014Always do a great job with the Vegan Chef Challenge. Unfortunately vegan options are limited the rest of the year, so dining here is a once per year treat for us. Have had good vegan food served at Embassy Suites catered events as well.
- Great food in a coffee shop settingSteveVIPDined on 10/24/2014Made a reservation to celebrate a relative's birthday. Based on past experience, we generally avoid hotel restaurants; however, due to excellent diner reviews decided to try Tower Bridge Bistro. We were anticipating a somewhat formal dining room atmosphere apropos to a celebratory dinner; however, when we arrived at the restaurant we were extremely shocked and disappointed by the casual coffee shop atmosphere! Luckily, we were greeted by David, our server, who was not only charming and witty, but very attentive to our needs which made for a pleasant dining experience. The food was excellent, and we'd probably go back. A more low-lit "romantic" ambience would have been much more conducive to showcase the wonderful food!Special Features:
- Good food but bad ambiancekopeckyalDined on 10/24/2014The food was excellent, but the atmosphere was not inviting. The lighting was too bright, and the decor was dated. The restaurant was all one room and it was so open that it was quite loud despite not being busy. The food was delicious, but it's not a place I would want to go to again. There were a couple of kids running around making a lot of noise, and no one said anything.
- s2artrVIPDined on 10/20/2014We had a delicious dinner. Food was outsanding and beautifully presented. Lamb loin and salmon enterrs were so good that we wanted to lick the plates! Serever was very attentive and friendly. The restaurant was not busy as there were only two or three tables occulped, but perhaps Monday night is not a busy restaurant night. We thoroughly enjoyed our meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David was greatRafaelVIPDined on 10/12/2014Our dinner was really good. But, David our waiter made it most enjoyable. He know how to handle die hard and loud Giants fan, little ole me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, as alwaysJT44Dined on 10/12/2014We always look forward to their Vegan Challenge menu, and it is a winner this year. The beet hummus bruschetta and white bean cassoulet were my favorites. We had the same wonderful server, clearly a talented professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencesavagejimVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had a ribeye that was excellent, great pork belly appetizer and great bootle of wine. Great view of the tower bridge.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/27/2014I can't get enough of this place. The service is great and the menu is always changing. My girlfriend loves this place and we are always coming here. It every other week or once a month. Everyone is so friendly and helpful. Can't wait to dine here againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tower Bridge BistroDennisDined on 9/22/2014Overall, a fine dining experience. The food was very good for the price. The wait staff was fantastic. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- drmarvingVIPDined on 9/20/2014Room was noisy, seedy and not clean. But food and service were truly great.
- WOW!PuraVida4YouVIPDined on 9/14/2014This place is a find. The outdoor seating area is charming! Our service was exceptional. Our server took great care to ensure my wife's food allergies were taken care of. He gave us a great deal of confidence in our meal. Everyone needs to check this place out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sacramento GemOrthoDined on 9/13/2014I was asked to find a new dining experience close to home and after reading reviews booked a table. The salads and main dishes were tasty and unique! The wait staff could not have been more attentive. Anxious to go back and sit in their patio overlooking the river.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet Labor Day DinnerMahlergirlDined on 9/1/2014My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary, and had never been here before, so we thought we'd give it a try. The place was very quiet, with only a few other couples. The service was the best part, with our waiter very attentive, and our water constantly refilled The food was good, although I had a big melting lump of very salty garlic butter in the middle of my steak. It was overpowering and I had to scrape it off in order to eat my rib eye. Otherwise, the meal and desserts were very good.Special Features:
- GREAT DINNERteachermom1954VIPDined on 8/23/2014This was a great place for dinner. The view was great and the food was amazing. My daughter and I split the salmon and it was just perfect for the two of us. Our server was wonderful and took very good care of us.Special Features:
- Exquisite!SuperZVIPDined on 8/19/2014. Every facet perfect with excellent attention to detail. . Having a choice of booths or tables is a nice option. .Special Features:
- Great lunch spotCinaVIPDined on 8/18/2014You can actually have a conversation--great for girlfriends meeting for lunch. Menu selection was varied and many choices at a very reasonable price. The fresh fruit side dish option with your sandwich entree doesn't cost extra either. Our waitress was attentive and knowledgeable. The birthday gal even got a free dessert. Also appreciate the free valet parking. I've been there for dinner, too--excellent.Special Features:
- A hidden Gem!Markob721VIPDined on 8/15/2014First of all the Manager, 'Margarite', and her staff were very sweet, professional and accommodating in every way. And the food! The quality and the preparation were superb, as well as the unique selection. We began our meal with the, a delightful assortment of perfectly cooked, Tempura style, Calamari, fresh local veggies and olives. We followed with a dish that is not commonly found in any establishment, exquisitely prepared 'Sweetbreads' in a Lyonnais fashion. Our main entrée really says it all about the creativity of the Chef, large meaty scallops perfectly seared, drizzled with a heavenly wine sauce and garnished with a spot of caviar which not only made for a dazzling presentation but it added a subtle savory to the dish . EXCELLENT!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service & outdoor scenic viewBAM62Dined on 8/9/2014To start, "warm bread" was older bread that had been thrown in the microwave (trust me, this was not fresh bread!) We thought that the Greek Horiatiki Salad was good, but was overly drenched in lemon oregano vinaigrette (we thought it was just excessive Olive Oil). Also, the Fritto Misto appetizer was just a bunch of deep fried calamari with couple of asparagus deep fried with it (very disappointing!). Wife's "Flying Prawns" with Orzo pasta was equally disappointing (prawns? shrimp!) The Orzo pasta was just too simple for this dish. My Ribeye Steak was descent, but nothing special. Portion size was excellent, but I really did not detect any flavor other then "plain". Mushroom compound butter? didn't care for it at all.Special Features:
- The following 187 reviews are from the Tower Bridge Bistro reviews archive.
- First time was pleasurableonTheRoadDined on 7/28/2014I had a taste for steak and their rib-eye really fit the bill and was very affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/27/2014Tower Bridge Bistro is a real surprise for service and food. At first blush it feels like the slightly upscale version of the free area for breakfast in the morning at the Embassy Suites. But the food and service are MUCH better than you would expect. I had bacon wrapped scallops that were excellent. We also had a Clam Chowder that was reported "as good as Captain Jacks in Siesta Key" by my father in law who lives there 6 months of the year. While not fancy it's a great place to go have good food.Special Features:
- Nice PlaceWonderfulDined on 7/16/2014It was our first time here and we may try it again. Tried the pork chop an it was overcooked. The appetizers were good as well as the service. Very knowledgeable and friendly.Special Features:
- Surprising!bonvivantDined on 7/4/2014This restaurant is part of hotel, and as such, I was not inclined to expect much. But, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food, the comfortable ambiance and the very fair prices. Our visit was on July 4 and the patio seating was perfect for viewing the annual fire works in the adjacent Old Sacramento area, while enjoying a very tasty and well prepared meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We'll Be Back!JoelDined on 6/26/2014We had not been here before, but we'll be back. Everything was perfect, from the baked brie to the dessert, and you can't ask for better service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice dinnermidtownerVIPDined on 6/22/2014Dinner near the river. Good food and service, wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service, food, & wineBrueppelVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great bar area...stayed for dinner...excellent food and service. We will definitely go again!Special Features:
- RecommendablemagstorichesDined on 5/24/2014They have a pretty patio overlooking the Tower Bridge and Sacramento River. The Old Sacramento Train runs RIGHT next to it, which is kind of cute (it's a slow moving, quiet train). The food was good, as well as the service, and the restaurant was quiet, so if you're looking to have a meeting or a chat with friends, this would be a good location. Although it is a hotel restaurant, and you are very aware of it the entire time, based on the food and service, I would recommend the Tower Bridge Bistro, probably for a breezy lunch on the patio (where it probably wouldn't feel quite so hotel-y).Special Features:
- DangerOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 5/2/2014Kit was a joke $=food very poor not worth the 1000 points !!!!
- The best kept secret in townJanjanVIPDined on 3/13/2014I have eaten at the TB Bistro several times and it is always great. The pork chop is the best I have ever had. There service is fun and excellent. The view is perfect, everything is right on, except it is usually quite empty. If you have not eaten here do yourselves and your palates a favor and dine there once, you will go back for more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great FinddininginsactoDined on 3/9/2014Excellent service provided by our server David and his assistant Antonio. Both are experienced servers, and provide warm, friendly service that is well paced and efficient. The food was great. The beef tenderloin was tender and cooked perfectly. The pork chop also got rave reviews in our party of 3, with special kudos to the cherry pan sauce and the shaved Brussels sprouts. It was a great dining experience and we will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Embassy Suites has many wonderfulBaseballMomDined on 3/8/2014Embassy Suites has many wonderful restaurants in their hotels and Tower Bridge Bistro lives up to this reputation. The service was fabulous; only "complaint" is the server didn't introduce herself so I can't tell you her name and we can't request her again. I had the onion soup which was great; my tablemates each had the pear salad and they loved it. All our entrees were very tasty; however, I believe they may have sat under a heat lamp for a few minutes before being served as our mashed potatoes were warm, rather than hot. We will definitely go back again - waiting for the warmer weather so we can sit outside and really enjoy the view of the Tower Bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good vegan dishDanteVIPDined on 2/28/2014And a great spicy Cioppino, although my wife thought the fish was over cooked. If you can get over that this is in a hotel, we had very good service and they made a special vegan entree for our friend.
- Better than I expected! Quite nice!LivesNearbyDined on 2/28/2014The service was excellent - we were well taken care of. We (4 of us) sat at a table with a lovely view of the Tower Bridge, all lit up for the evening. The bread came warm and was delicious. I split a green salad with mushrooms with my friend, and even with the split, the portion was generous; the dressing was very tasty. For my entree, the salmon, and I was very happy with it -- moist and tasty and served hot. It came with green beans perfectly done. One friend got the scallops, which were delicious, and another got the chicken. He was less happy with his meal - said the chicken was a bit dry. I compliment the chef for presentation. I would certainly go back there but two of my three companions said they would not. So, mixed review.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's an OK placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/22/2014The food wasn't that exceptional. My dad said the steak was difficult to cut, it was not (his problem, not theirs). My friend said her pasta was cold (she didn't ask for a replacement (her problem, not theirs). I can't recall what I had (obviously not remarkable). But, the waiter was quite friendly and was attentive. The view is great, the river and the Capitol Bridge.Special Features:
- A delightful anniversary dinnerSacfoodieVIPDined on 1/27/2014Celebrated our anniversary there and it was perfect. Fillet was so tender, even my 93 year old mother loved it. Scallops were perfectly cooked and the spaghetti squash was an excellent pairing, especially with the buerre blanc sauce. Best was the service. David and his assistant Antonio were efficient and yet warm and friendly, making us feel so welcome. Red velvet cake was so light, like chiffon pie and my fav. My husband loved the caramel cake. Cakes were served on a plate with Happy Anniversary written in chocolate and topped with a candle.Special Features:
- Served With RespectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/26/2014As a young man, I am often treated as a child at higher end restaurants. However, the Tower Bridge Bistro treated me with complete respect. This added to the already amazing experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was quite good. WegastrojimDined on 1/11/2014The food was quite good. We enjoyed both the food and the wine. The prime rib was especially good. This was our first time here and we were somewhat disappointed in the ambiance of the place. For the price point I prefer some other restaurants somewhat more.Special Features:
- Fooled By Other ReviewsNot1bitHappyDined on 12/28/2013Attn: this is IN Embassy Suites--a garish, Las Vegas-ish confusion of oversized design and slovenly guests. Location is good (within reach of the river and the Tower Bridge) and valet parking is easy (hotel validates). There's a large patio on the river that would make summer dining the best time to go. Once we found the Bistro (no signs cued the way), it had just one table occupied (wkend at 8pm), and reception staff took a moment to judge that we might possibly be there to eat. Service was prompt, sloppy, and weak on desire to improve our experience. Our guests enjoyed their food (duck and steak); the crab crepe was barely fare. Salads were uninspired, over-salted. Major disappointment. Won't return.Special Features: