Touro Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse & Wine Bar
125 York Blvd
Richmond Hill, ON L4B 3B4Neighborhood:
BrazilianPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Touro Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.tourosteakhouse.com/
- Phone: (905) 738-6876
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 11:00am-3:00pm
Lunch: Monday to Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 4:30pm - 1:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Tapas / Small Plates, Brazilian
- Executive Chef: Paulo Stadler
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Cigar Room, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Touro offers many private dining options, including our private cava room seating up to 20, semi-private areas seating up to 60 and our main dining room which can be booked for groups up to 160 people.
- Private Party Contact: Adam Ladha 4167284929x
- Cross Street: Highway #7 & #404
- Public Transit: We are located at the corner of East Beaver Creek Rd and Highway #7 which is accessed by Via Purple Line East and Westbound.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: The complex has over 1,500 parking spots, plus we offer complimentary Valet Parking Services for our guests.
A word from Touro Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Touro Churrascaria offers a unique dining experience. Unlike the traditional Western-style steakhouse, we use a fixed-price dining concept known as ‘Rodízio’. This service style features continuous table-side service of a wide variety of select cuts of beef, pork, poultry, lamb, and seafood (seafood on Thurs only). The ‘Rodízio’ service also includes an exquisite salad and appetizer island featuring in-house baked breads, cured meats, imported cheeses, and a vast array of greens and vegetables.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Touro Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Richmond Hill ›
Touro Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (104)special occasion (97)fit for foodies (58)notable wine list (41)romantic (40)hot spot (30)great for brunch (24)kid-friendly (24)great for lunch (21)vibrant bar scene (18)late-night find (17)neighborhood gem (17)great for outdoor dining (15)scenic view (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014excellent restaurant! This was my second time at Touro's. The first I was there for a work Christmas party and this time was just for a night out! Love the food and ambiance. Friendly service. Easy reservations through open table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Food. Awesome Service. Awesome Ambiance.kchin2527Dined on 11/14/2014Went to Touro w/wife and 6yr old boy for lunch to celebrate 12th wedding anniversary. We were 1hr late due to accident on road, traffic congestion (and car almost hitting us on the way!). Good thing we got everything out of the way, so it was all upside from there... Seafood chowder was best we ever had. Meats came fast and furious so pace yourself. Juicy Pineapple was perfect to complement the meal. Steak and lamb absolutely delicious. Wine marinade overpowers the otherwise perfectly cooked wings and sausages are too salty; in other words, both are PERFECT WITH BEER lol. Obviously not a cheap lunch, yet value cannot be beaten. If I were to make the seafood chowder and purchase several top cuts of meat alone, not counting sides, I am sure it would cost me about the same if not more. Server was prompt, courteous and friendly. Only glitch was when I got home, I realized that the server charged my 6yr old boy with the adult price. --Touro do you read these reviews?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time going and terrible servicessb16Dined on 11/11/2014I've been to Touro two times. First time only a group of 2 and the second a group of 4. Our server in the latest visit on the 11th Nov 2014 was terrible. He didn't bring any appetizers despite doing it for other tables, he left us for the night and never returned until we called him. His focus was only on large groups. This happened to us the time before when I went with my wife and the service was poor. We got missed out on a lot of the food despite having our medallion on green. The place is well set, the food when it comes is good and for large groups the servers look after you. I won't be returning in a small group anytime soon. I had taken 2 directors from my company and someone from overseas to the restaurant. None of them were impressed with the service despite the food being good. I would rather go to Chako or The Keg next time around with my guests.Special Features:
- Disappointing second visitGeektyphoonDined on 11/9/2014My first was visit was for business in 2013. It was a fun experience then, so I finally go around to bringing my family. We asked for a decent table and instead were put off to the side and close to a glass door. It was cold; another couple left that area and my wife put on her coat to warm up. Food was of mixed quality. The lamb and garlic steak were overcooked. The chicken was fine, and the sirloin steak and their speciality picahna (sp?) were fine as well. The Appetizer island seemed to go downhill from what I recalled back in 2013. The young waiter was rushed, taking away the appetizer dish before we were finished. He was otherwise polite and courteous but clearly not a pro.Special Features:
- Good BrunchTkRoDined on 11/9/2014The brunch buffet items were ok but if you're going there it should be for the skewered meat that they bring you. The buffet table included pancakes, toaster waffles, scrambled eggs, soup, bacon, hashbrowns and a pretty large salad section. Service was amazing; everyone was very polite and attentive -from our server Nigel to food runners and bussers...the guys serving the meat were even very nice about posing for pics my family wanted to take of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brazilian Delightbbrown55Dined on 11/8/2014Went again, this time for my birthday and was a lot of fun. Food is great and this time the service was outstanding due to our server. Saturday nights are packed as usual. They don't have their valet service any more which can be a hassle finding a parking spot.Special Features:
- gave us the boothighexpectationsDined on 11/8/2014This was the first time dining at this restaurant. I was impressed by the look of it, and the service was very good. Everything went really well until we were given the boot (we were told there was a two-hour limit at booking) however, after spending $300 at this restaurant, we thought that treatment was not warranted. There were plenty of free tables and we were clearly done eating so we were not eating beyond the two hour limit. It was very ride that the person who cleared our table made it quite clear that we needed to leave. I even made a comment to him like "I guess we're getting kicked out, huh" and he pretty much agreed with me. I am pretty sure we won't be back and will not recommend this restaurant to our friends and family.Special Features:
- OrkisDined on 11/8/2014Been here a few times always happy with the meal. Can request a repeat of a sertain cut. Flank steak was fabulous. One person in our group prefers well done and they were very accomidati by with that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday brunch, Wednesday lunchmarioHHDined on 11/5/2014Nice ambient, comfortable chairs, 5 people dining may find 2 tables too small. Salad bar is way behind Rio's Porcao. Larger vegetable selection is needed. The same is for fruits. Bread - two types of buns (and toast?!). I would prefer fresh and nicely cut baguette. Meat - excellent. For brunch limited, for lunch more selection. I'll definitely visit again. Personnel - very efficient and friendly. Washroom - clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- over price for very ordinary foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/2/2014Had much better Brazilian food, plain and ordinary, cheap on cheese ball, one per person( what a joke!)
- Poor Service and Lack of FoodMisslam1028Dined on 10/25/2014I had never been to Touro before and decided to go for my birthday with a large group. Reservations was very easy and even had a follow up call on the day of my reservation. - was no longer served meat half way through my meal, had to call people to come to us to serve us - asked for the bill 4 times in the span of 20 mins since we had somewhere to be after dinner - coffee, tea and dessert order was mixed up - waiter took almost 20 mins to get our bills to us after asking numerous times. complained to supervisor who had to then step in and take over - leaving the restaurant took us almost 45 mins which then ended up making me late for my reservations for after dinner.Special Features:
- Overall great findWillbebackDined on 10/24/2014I have never been to a Brazilian steakhouse before and this restaurant was great. Everything from the food to the service was amazing. I would definitely go again and will be recommending to my friends. Went with a group and the noise level was decent we didn't have to yell across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Excellent service!!!Yummy1Dined on 10/24/2014My family and I went to celebrate my husbands birthday, the food was so great and service was amazing! Beautiful atmosphere and great place for celebration special occasions. I will be returning again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool conceptian760105Dined on 10/23/2014Too salty for my taste although my wife love it. Good for meat lover.Special Features:
- it's good but could be betterCouponloverVIPDined on 10/21/2014Ambiance was relaxing and comfortable. Selection of food was good. Salad bar had good variety. Good variety of grilled meat. However, every Matt I tried was over cooked and bland..almost like liver tasting. The seasoning on the outside is fine but the flavour didn't seen to penetrate the meat at all, and they were all tough. The best was probably the sausage and cinnamon pineapple.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never againUnsatisfiedDined on 10/19/2014That was my second and definitely last visit of Touro Brasilian Steakhouse. I wanted to treat my friend for her birthday last week and instead of pleasant time together feeled ashamed with my choice of restaurant. First we had to to wait for about 7-10 minutes in half empty restaurant for the specific table to be cleaned. The choice in the buffet was very poor and whatever you can read on the restaurant webpage about brunch Sunday special do not believe it. The Rodizio service provided four different varieties of meat plus pineapple for us, not because there weren't more because we were plainly ignored. Nothing changed much after I pointed the fact to our waiter except we did not see much of her later.
- justhungryDined on 10/18/2014I went to this restaurant expecting very similar food and services to Copacabana restaurant. Although the service is very similar regarding the meats being serve at table side, I've found it not as tasty and the variety is limited. I like the system with the flip of coaster stating if you were waiting on the meats, but the buffet table lack freshness and selection (no cured meat or cheese like stated), poor salad selection or bread, and other items were no where as good as Copacabana. I assume this place is only filled if Copacabana was booked for that time. The price is ridiculous as its the same as Copacabana and its no where close to being that great. I will not go there again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Fun atmosphere. Music too loud. Meal too rushed. Food was very good with good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good to try!OrionsBeltDined on 10/18/2014My first impression is they spent lots of money on renovation to make it more upscale, hints the price!! My group of 5 were being seated very quicky and both the hostess and server were very friendly. Thru out the dinner, I was quite happy with the quality of meat (esp. the beef & lamb) & seasoning on the grill meat, and pineapple (must have). The only tiny unpleasant part of the experience was that I find it hard to "intercept" the grill meat servers to get the meat I would like to have as I noticed they were mostly mainly focus on the bigger groups or tables of two. But overall, it is definitely a place for special occasion and I would definitely recommend ppls to try it as least once if you are a meat lover.Special Features:
- just okayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014Although the ambience and service were fantastic, the food was just a little above average. The food was seasoned we'll, but the meats were not as tender as I would have liked, in fact some were very tough. The manager of the restaurant whose name was Richard was phenomenal, as was the wait staff, but too bad as the food will not be bringing me back.Special Features:
- very good!SERGIO42Dined on 10/18/2014Food was very good, great salads, nice place. The best Churrascaria in Toronto area.Special Features:
- luxuriousfranerosDined on 10/17/2014The best brasilian place in Toronto. The food is amazing and have a great selection of wine. The service is excellent . The price resonable. For sure I come back with friends. The location is amazing with a great play of lights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sam our waiterjaynessDined on 10/17/2014On Friday night we had the experience of having Sam wait on us. He was phenomenal and extremely friendly. When we go back to Touro, we would definately ask to have Sam as our waiter again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingHanRenaDined on 10/16/2014We enjoyed touro so much it is a new experience where everything works together to give you an amazing outstanding averall atmosphere. our server's name was Sam,he was so friendly, welcoming and friendly. They made a great surprise for my husband's birthday. Thanks touro for this day. highly recommendedI would recommend this to a friend.
- Lots of meatrjogDined on 10/16/2014Be prepared for lots of food. The fried banana was really cool. I didn't ask for sauce, but I think the meats needed more sauce, but that's just me.Special Features:
- quality of foodkikoluvDined on 10/14/2014THe first time we were here was nov 2013. then in march 2014, aug 2014, and just now oct 2014 i have to say the buffet bar quality really went down….. back in 2013 there was cook salmon fillet, and smoke salmon. IN deli section there were prosciutto, even blue cheese. we went on different day of the week too. just to see if there different food serve. But i guess budget is a main issue. since you didn't increase the price per person. i would say over all 70%Special Features:
- Special thank you to the manager!NK2014Dined on 10/10/2014We celebrated my birthday at Touro and had a really great time. The meat was really good and I was pleased that the servers who took the meat around the table did a great job at remembering what we liked and brought the meat that they though we would enjoy. We had a little bit of a situation created by a new employee, but it was fixed by the manager of the restaurant very fast, which saved our wonderful evening from being ruined. Special thank you to him! The atmosphere is very romantic, the only part I was missing is some live music, other than that we really enjoyed the place.Special Features:
- Good place22chippyDined on 10/10/2014The food and the place overall is good, I came here often especially for business lunch and surely love this place and will returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brazilian Feastbbrown55Dined on 10/5/2014This trip we were seated in the lounge area of the bar even though there were tables in the main room. Service was friendly. Variety of meats was limited this night as there is usually more types of meat coming around. We had to ask for our appetizer plates to be removed as the waiter was most time distracted. The meats we did get were tasty and some of them were over salted. One of the favorites at the end of the meal was cotton candy, but we were told the machine was broken and not going to be fixed - disappointing.Special Features:
- Just OkayFoodieFamilyDined on 10/5/2014The ambiance of the restaurant is pretty nice. The staff are friendly. Where it lacks is the taste of the meat. It was good, but not as tasty as we had expected. Flavours tend to be on the surface of the meat and it is not infused with flavour. Also, the meat was not circulated fast enough. We felt that cheaper chicken, sausages and lamb were being used to fill everyone up, and good cuts were hardly available. The buffet did not include dessert so this was an additional cost. It is marketed as a fine dining place, although many patrons are not that dressed up, there are no white table cloths and the tables are not cleared quickly enough to really feel authentically like 'fine dining.' We felt the price was high for what we got.
- Good but used to be better.Fit4foodieDined on 10/4/2014We have been coming to Touro since inception. While the food and service are great, we can't help but notice the little touches that were unique to the place at the beginning are slowly but surely disappearing. The cotton candy at the end of your meal was a nice touch that was unique, is now non existent. The pineapple that Touro is famous for doesn't come by as frequently any more. The salad bar is dwindling (a lot of cheeses that were offered are no longer there for example). It would be a good place if one wouldn't be familiar with the way things were at the beginning. But for those who know, things are definitely not as good. Service is still top-notch though.Special Features:
- Best Anniversary Dinner So FarCaveSezDined on 10/4/2014Two couples celebrating 35 years and 18 years of marriage plus good food and good wine accompanied by a fantastic waiter equalled one memorable dinning experience. Each time we go to Touro Churrascaria the food seems to get better and better. Cheers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and good atmospherelondonmagsieDined on 10/4/2014This is a place for carnivores, the beef is the king here, the chicken and pork were ok but the beef was definitely the focus. Lots of delicious cuts to pick from, cooked perfectly and the grilled pineapple for dessert is an absolute must. Considering the price per person I'd say it's a special occasion kind of place that I'll definitely come back to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unique experience, great food!BrianDined on 10/1/2014Brazilian steakhouse is a unique experience for dining. But Touro has fantastic food, all the meat was fresh, tender and tasty. Great wine list. Great service. Pricey but that's why u go on a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not on a weekdayYumYumDined on 9/29/2014Touro Churrascaria Brazilian Steakhouse in Leslie /Hwy7 is a nice location, they great you well and get you seated right away as long as you have a reservation. I've been here on a weekend before and the selection of meats/Apps were a lot better than than this time (Monday Night) Also the last time they gave "cotton candy" along with the bill, thought this was a nice touch to end the night. Anyhow, Monday night experience wasn't the same. The waiter was great and the server's brought you what you wanted as long as its served that day.
- Meat lover paradiseOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/28/2014Definitely a place for meat lover. I had eaten around 10 different meats. All very delicious.Special Features:
- Great FoodmeataterianDined on 9/27/2014I've now been to Touro twice and can't say one bad thing about it, it's a great concept with great food. The staff is very pleasant and the atmosphere is outstanding. I consider myself a "meataterian" so naturally, this place is like heaven for me. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a place to go for a special occasion OR just a night out with your significant other. I'll definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Very good first experienceSexyNSweetDined on 9/26/2014I only heard about the restaurant recently. After my first visit I can honestly say that this exceeded my expectations. My date love the atmosphere and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an experience!pf2m4Dined on 9/25/2014Most impressive restaurant I have been to so far. The service was excellent, the ambiance was amazing and the concept of the dining experience was one I have never seen before. Very impressive dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pacana is the BestTorontonianVIPDined on 9/22/2014This is my third visit. Sam, our waiter, is very friendly and quite attentive. The Picana (house special cut), the garlic steak and the lamb shank is still as good as I remember, and I think I have eaten a whole grilled pineapple! One draw back though: one of the meat servers was quite rude when he refused to serve me because my 'sign' was turned to the red side. I wanted to finish what was on my plate at the moment, but I could't resist some more lamb when he passed by. Didn't have to be so strict, did you? Btw, the iPad wine menu is very informative and easy to use. I like it!Special Features: