1 Harbour Square
Toronto, ON M5J 1A6Neighborhood:
ContinentalPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.toularestaurant.com/
- Phone: 4167772002
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm -2:30pm, Sunday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Nightly: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Continental
- Executive Chef: Giuseppe Sclafani
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Toula is available for outside catering. Please contact the management to request a menu or place an order.
- Private Party Facilities: Toula restaurant is perfect for corporate events, presentations, cocktails, weddings, showers and other special occasions. Please contact our event managers for information on booking your special event
- Private Party Contact: Toula Restaurant & Bar 4167772002
A word from Toula Restaurant
Toula is located in Toronto's Westin Harbour Castle Hotel. Its location, on the edge of Lake Ontario, presents a stunning view of the city and it's surroundings. The rich Italian fabrics, mirrored in the gold leaf ceiling, provide guests with the perfect setting to compliment any occasion. Toula has a well established reputation for using only the finest of ingredients. Of course, no menu would be complete without a wonderful selection of wines. General Manager Adriano Vicentini has been acquiring a substantial collection to compliment any dish. The main focus of our list has naturally fallen on Italian Reds, from the regions of Piedmonte and Tuscany. With a cellar consisting of over three hundreds labels, however, our ababundant range of flavours, from both Old and New World regions, will surely yield the perfect bottle to satisfy even the most discerning of palates.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Toula Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Harbourfront ›
Toula Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (167)special occasion (93)romantic (86)good for groups (31)great for lunch (31)fit for foodies (26)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (20)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (10)neighborhood gem (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Fine Dining ???OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/27/2014While every good establishment is expected to accommodate children, it's unfortunate when the policies do not limit unrelentless horseplay and high pitch screaming up and down the aisles, thus spoiling the dining experience for other patrons wishing a special evening. While one might comment to family and associates - advising positively on the good food and service, a recommendation to celebrate a quite special occasion or romantic evening (anniversary) could only be given with a disconcerning caveat.Special Features:
- Great view and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/24/2014The view was beautiful, the service was spectacular. The food was good, I expected it to be absolutely amazing for the prices, but I found it was just good. Overall though, I would still recommend the restaurant, very nice for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDintyDined on 9/19/2014Purchased a Team Buy for this restaurant but they would not honor it. Food was ok but not worth the prices. View is excellent and is what you pay for.Special Features:
- DinnerCharlesDined on 9/16/2014Very nice view and the food was good. Very good atmosphere, not to quiet and not too noisy. I would definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!AnonymousDined on 9/15/2014My experience was beautiful. I had taken my bf for his birthday. It was romantic and our server was very nice and didn't bother us so much. The food was excellent. For a prix fix 4 course dinner it was good selection. I would definitely recommend and come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu is disappointingroseDined on 9/11/2014Given the location of this restaurant in a busy hotel the menu is dated and very heavy. More updated interesting salads and more seafood, more tapas style would also be great for lighter fare. Heavy creamy sauces fir lunch is too muchSpecial Features:
- Nads2KahmDined on 9/9/2014The food was excellent and the waiter appropriately attentive.Special Features:
- Very Good ExperienceBizTravelerVIPDined on 9/6/2014Food, service, and view were all lovely. I'll definitely go back.Special Features:
- Sublime food and top notch serviceTjaxDined on 8/29/2014A stellar view of the Toronto Harbour and all it's activity. Our server was so friendly, attentive and helpful. The bread with a hint of rosemary was absolutely amazing. It was my boyfriends birthday and he is a picky eater. We both loved the Stuzzichini. He raved about the Tagliere dello Chef - they were all his favourites. My shrimp cocktail contained the largest shrimp I have ever seen! He enjoyed Pork Tenderloin Alla Parmigiana. I had the striploin. I loved the accompaniments: Arugula Salad, , Parmigiano Reggiano & Roast Potato. I will try the Cornish Hen next time. Neither of us are huge tiramisu fans, but we both agreed that it was the best we'd ever had. We would return and we would highly recommend to others.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/26/2014The service was wonderful but the restaurant itself is a little dated and the food just so-so. Beautiful views.Special Features:
- Amazing viewBonnieDined on 8/24/2014The view of the CN tower was breathtaking in the night sky. Our food was great and the staff were very professional and knowledgeable! We would definitely come back next time we visit Toronto.Special Features:
- Treated Like RoyaltyDanandJoanneDined on 8/23/2014The evening was perfect. The staff at Toula treated my wife and I as if we were royalty. My wife had never been to Toula (i had been several times in the past for business luncheons) and I thought I would surprise her with a weekend she would enjoy away from her busy work week. I had all of the pieces in place and chose Toula to be the romantic restaurant I would take her to. I wanted the weekend to be as close to perfect as possible. Toula did not disappoint!!! The food was incredible! We thoroughly enjoyed the full experience we had at Toula and are thinking of giving gift certificates to certain friends who we know will appreciate the experience as much as we did. Thanks Toula!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome4Dined on 8/20/2014Hi: Thank this was my birthday gift from my wife Louanne , we had a great evening the food was the best. We also had the pleasure to meet the chef. Our waiter was great, and kept our wine flowing. Thank you Louanne and Meindert vanderBijSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Being rushedKennyDined on 8/16/2014We got there and it felt as if we had to rush to order our because the kitchen was closing, which is fine but why take a reservation at 10:15pm and expect me to order right awaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Plesently PleasedDentalGurlDined on 8/9/2014Came here for my husband's birthday. We were given a window table overlooking the harbour which was very nice. Our server Kenny was wonderful and helpful. We were in no rush and he respected that. However our dinner seemed to be taking a while to come to our table, while we were eating he came over and apologized for the delay and error and added dessert and coffee at no charge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerLkbharrisDined on 8/3/2014What a great way to kick of the Deepak Chopra event the night we arrived. Staying at the Westin made the location perfect after a long day of flying. Beautiful view of Lake Eerie and the CN Tower. Our waiter was extremely attentive.Special Features:
- suesnightoutVIPDined on 8/1/2014The room is getting a little tired looking, need to freshen it up to match the calibre of the foodSpecial Features:
- Great night outtravellingsisterhoodDined on 7/27/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. It was a very comfortable and elegant restaurant to celebrate my sisters' birthdays. The mixed drinks (Silver Punch and Cream Soda) were delicious as were our meals. The steak was tender and cooked exactly as ordered; the salmon was moist and flavourful and the eggplant was perfectly cooked and tasted amazing. We sat facing Centre Island and watched as planes landed at Billy Bishop Airport. The view was absolutely breathtaking and was worth the price alone. We would all definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great viewDeeDeeDined on 7/20/2014Went to Toula for the 2014 summerlicious. The service was great. Staff were very friendly and attentive. The food was delicious as well. The cocktails were made perfectly. And of course the view is beautiful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great view, too little foodfirstTimeDinerDined on 7/20/2014As would typically be expected from a high class pricey restaurant, the location is great and especially having a lakeside seat, the view was amazing. My girlfriend and i wondered throughout if our server truly had an Italian accent or if he was faking for the italian restaurant experience. The service was professional and the food brought on white plates much larger than the food portions. This is our main gripe with the restaurant. We went for Summerlicious for dinner, which is a $35 set course per person yet the amount of food we received was less than what i would eat for breakfast. We found a hotdog stand right outside after we left and ate a footlong each to fill ourselves. All in all, nice fancy restaurant with a high surround view.Special Features:
- Great View and Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014I visited the Toula Restaurant which you can find on the 37th Floor of 'The Westin Harbour Hotel'. The first impression when you enter is 'Wow'. The restaurant is layed out in a half moon circle and therefore every table has a view, be onto the Skyline or the harbour. The food was not the usual á la carte menus but a set menu of a choice of Starters, Maincourses and Dessert, inspired by the Italian Cusine, due to the Summerlicious Festival. All our courses were delicious! Tasty, plenty and presented beautifully. The service was friendly and helpful however as the restaurant was busy, due to no fault of the staff, the attentiveness was lacking a little bit. We had a fantastic experience and we will be back the next time we are in Toronto!Special Features:
- fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014We had dinner at the Toula Restaurant, couldn't have asked for more attentive waiters and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014Severs very attentive and steak cooked perfectly. Would return for special occations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Overly ImpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/20/2014The ambience of the restaurant was great. We had a view that overlooked Lake Ontario. The service was great as well. We had ordered two alcoholic drinks from the bar one the Blue Hawaiian tasted like it had no alcohol in it and the second the Peach Cobbler was so strong you could feel the alcohol when not even half the glass was full. We dined on the Summerlicious menu and it left us unimpressed. Some of the dishes we ordered were missing items from the dish. I had ordered the Veal Medallions medium well and when I got my dish the meat was almost rare. The Angus Beef Tenderloin was excellent and the Sea Bass was great. The lobster ravioli looked like a dish you would get at East Side Mario's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AcceptableOliasDined on 7/20/2014The food was good, the service was slow. We ordered two glasses of wine and we got only one. The second one was served 15 min later after several requests. I guess they do a distinction between patrons paying full price against the summerlicious ones.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissappointingTeeOhDinerDined on 7/20/2014Went for the Summerlicious lunch, which was a good deal for $20 each. But the main course fish was barely warm and was very fishy and had to be sent back for an alternative dish, the chicken, which was OK, there was no problem sending the fish back and the replacement came quickly. The Gnocchi was a very small portion and just warm enough. We had a window table which was nice, but the restaurant décor itself is very dated and looks like it is all original, the gold ceiling looks particularly drab. The service was very good. I really like the idea of Summerlicious, but I will not go back to Toula next year.Special Features:
- Front desk issuesLinkfostaDined on 7/19/2014Few issues I encountered with reservations. First, I called in to reserve but the lady was telling it's all filling booked up. Then I was able to book a table online with lots time available. Not sure if the systems are linked or not???? when we booked online for 9:15pm it was ok and we got there early at 8:30pm, right the way we got a nice table. Second issue was the front desk calling my cell after we left, she was rude and asking me if I forgot to pay the bill which I did and have the reciept to prove, she was lack of phone manner and not friendly. I called back to ask if everything was ok with my bill she didn't give me any confirmation as to what happened. Should include parking info on the web. Servers were not telling their name!Special Features:
- ExcellentGarCarDined on 7/19/2014Summerliciuos menu wavs great! Best beef tenderloin I've ever eaten! Will definitely come again!Special Features:
- Terrible Service, Terrible Food!YummyinmytummyDined on 7/19/2014I dined at Toula because they were participating in Summerlicious. This was my first time at this restaurant and since it was in a fancy hotel I thought the food would follow suit. But the food AND the service was terrible! My mom is lactose intolerant so we asked the waiter to please take off any dairy products like butter off the plate. But for some reason, he only heard the word "butter" and there were dairy products in the appetizer (mayo for the grilled shrimp) and the entree (risotto) in other forms even though he insisted there was no butter. On top of that, the bread was cold, portion sizes were tiny and much of it tasted bland or something out of a can or store-bought package. This restaurant was a big disappointment!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/19/2014Went Toula for Summerlicious. Felt rushed from the beginning. The waiter gave us the menu right away, we ordered, food came quickly, then the bill. The waiter told us to take our time, but he kept checking the bill. Water wasn`t filled the entire the we were there. We ordered minestrone soup, but the soup was all over the bowel, the chef didn`t take the time to wipe the excess from the rim. Food was delicious, but in small portions and overpriced. Probably would not go back for the food, but maybe for the scenery.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicemss1Dined on 7/19/2014Modified menu to cope with food allergy with great results. Food great as was service. Only down side was Scenic view was affected be rain and cloudsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Need more foodTime12Dined on 7/19/2014The food was excellent in taste. Not sure if it was because it was Summerlicious, but the portion sizes were to small. A man would starve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+brjharrisDined on 7/19/2014Loved our first experience with you all. We will be back :)Special Features:
- Great placeHaphDined on 7/19/2014Lovely experience with excellent customer service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent view and great serviceMYCADined on 7/18/2014I've been in Toula before and I knew the ambiance and great view of lake ontario it has. Also i was there two years ago for summerlicious. But this year summerlicious was fantastic and excellent. We asked for a table with lake view and they gave us. However we were three people and all the tables beside window were for two. But our table also had the view and we enjoyed it a lot. The service was so fast and servants very kind and attentive. It was very busy and lots of people coming for early dinner but still they were so fast in serving. Overall I am very happy with that and definitely recommend to go there for brunch or lunch if you like scenetic view. At night you cannot see much of the lake although the bar ambiance is good too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, nice view, great serviceTQfoodDined on 7/17/2014The best part about Toula was the service. On que, always smiling and great attitude. We went for summerlicious and the tastes were good but as expected, the portions were too small. I hate being left hungary after a meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible place to dine.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014Considering the price you pay, this is horrible place to dine. The service is the worst that I have ever seen. The waiters are very rude and inconsiderate.
- Dont waste your money!SabrinaRDined on 7/16/2014I went to TouLa for Summerlicious, i dont know if the food was this bas only for this season, but the truth is.. It was pretty bad!! Salmon was dry (you can tell that they leave plates with food served in the fridge) lobster pasta had a salsa that was not good... Desert! Really? A joke! My partner ate "veal medallions" she said they were ok. Well.. I was expexting a lot more from Toula.. Service.. Oh God! The were in a hurry, never asked me if everytjing was ok.. Treated me like i was bothering them..
- stunning view, but bad restaurantfoodieVIPDined on 7/16/2014The food is not good, plus very bad services. (Rude receptionists and unhelpful server) it was also very noisy with group/tour diner, yet the view is stunning.Special Features:
- ToulaTOfoodieDined on 7/15/2014Lovely view, but since it was busy the service was a little slow. I was also shocked that debit was not accepted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.