Touch of Italy - Rehoboth Beach Delaware
19724 Coastal Highway
Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Touch of Italy - Rehoboth Beach Delaware
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.touchofitaly.com/
- Phone: 3027033090
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 10:30am - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Touch of Italy - Rehoboth Beach Delaware
Touch of Italy in Rehoboth Beach, DE provides the freshest Italian specialty cheeses, meats, pasta, pizza and pastries and a wide variety of Italian specialty imports. All specialty hero sandwiches are made to order for carry-out service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Touch of Italy - Rehoboth Beach Delaware - Best Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach ›
Touch of Italy - Rehoboth Beach Delaware reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (41)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (40)special occasion (32)great for lunch (25)kid-friendly (22)hot spot (15)notable wine list (12)vibrant bar scene (9)romantic (6)late-night find (1)Show More
- Wonderful findOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014This was like walking into a restaurant in Italy. Food authentic Italian, market place - take along foods/olives/cookies made it over the top. Cannot wait to go back there. ToriKSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian FoodMikeVIPDined on 10/14/2014We love this restaurant. Best Italian restaurant in Delmarva-- very generous portions at very reasonable prices. My wife and I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- Great Experience8TheBeachDined on 10/12/2014Finally a great Italian restaurant that is easy to access. Available reservations and parking relieve the stress associated with Rehoboth dining. But most of all you can get a great meal accompanied by attentive service. (Thanks Matt) The food is traditional with rustic touches and you can finish your meal with a delicious fresh pastry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableLcarsonVIPDined on 10/8/2014The food was good , the service was excellent.will return again.Special Features:
- Mostly fabulousBeakerDCDined on 10/8/2014The food here is generally consistently high quality; flavors are subtle, ingredients generally high quality... The wait staff is consistently excellent, including the counter people... very knowledgeable, great job following up. During this visit, the bank of lights above our table kept going on and off, which was at the very least distracting. The desserts are usually great and fresh, but the cheesecake tasted gritty, as if it had been previously frozen - very inconsistent with the usually fresh, usually high extremely high quality of the rest of the meal.Special Features:
- Loooooooved it!2citizenshipsVIPDined on 9/29/2014Took a chance at an Italian restaurant in a beach community where crabs and sea food rule. Felt very at home since the menu mentioned Arthur Ave and Borgatti's where I shop religiously when home. Our waitress (Alison) had a great personality that was only outdone by the energy in the restaurant. We ordered ravioli, eggplant and a pasta dish, all were delicious. Bought cookies ($15 lb - pricey) but worth every penny. If you are looking for a romantic place, keep looking. If you are looking for delicious food and high energy, you have found it. We all would definitely come here again next time we are in Rehoboth Beach.Special Features:
- allioopDined on 9/26/2014Great dinner and service. Holly was excellent. Sitting across from the dessert cooler was a bit overwhelming! Everything looked so delicious. We settled for the rum cake (more rum pls.).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian FoodUnhappyDined on 9/20/2014Touch of Italy has a relaxing flare as a restaurant. Upon first sight it appears to be only deli type food but the menu goes beyond. My fav is the Mista salad and the eggplant parm.Special Features:
- Italian as it's meant to bejohnm1938Dined on 9/4/2014If you can the bear the deafening noise, the food and service is excellent and plentiful. The Deli is exceptional and the bar is well stocked.Special Features:
- BlandJimmysbDined on 8/30/2014I was expecting great food since I have enjoyed touch of Italy's bakery and deli items. We ordered calamari veal and chicken parm and a pizza. What we found was all four used the same sauce that was literally spiceless. Very bland. The food appeared to be fresh but extremely boring. Also the place was crazy loud. The need to add something to absorb the noise.
- No "host with the most" herenonesuchfarmsDined on 8/25/2014Upon entering and telling the host we had reservations we felt like we were bothering the man. He never looked at us or smiled, never said "welcome" or "enjoy your meal". My wife and I figured he was the manager/owner and had better things to do than to seat guests. Really? There are too many other choices in Rehoboth for dinner next weekend. It was our 25th wedding anniversary and I had mentioned this when making the reservations, nothing was acknowledged. Why have the option to note any special occasion or request if no one bothers to read it? Next time I visit I hope I am greeted with a smile and as I leave someone says "Thank you".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently goodluckyrenoDined on 8/23/2014A wonderful italian restaurant - food is consistently tasty, service is attentive and delightful and it's convenient.Special Features:
- Our dining experienceAnnieDined on 8/22/2014Trying to make a reservation is quite an inconvenience, by having to go online to make your reservations. If you do show up just to eat, it's somewhat confusing as to if you need reservations or not, the hostess looks at the book then scans the room looks at the book, then takes you to the table. It seems like it is an inconvenience to seat you, although if they know you there is no problem!!! The music is played way to loud, you can't carry a conversation with your guests. The gentleman who also seats you can be very condescending. I guess the bottom line is the food is great but they need to work on their people skills.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemMarkAngeDined on 8/20/2014My wife and I have lived in New York City all our lives. We love Italian food. Heck, I'm Italian-American and was raised on the stuff. On August 17 my wife arrived in Dewey Beach, DE for a five night vacation. For our first three nights we dined at three great places. On our fourth night we dined at A Touch of Italy 3, a culinary heaven. A Touch of Italy 3 is like eating at the home of an Italian family. Everything is fresh and delicious, the wines are wonderful and the deserts are heavenly. The staff were caring and catered to our every need with a smile and prompt service. I would reccommend this restaurants to any of my friends and family visiting the Delaware shore. We loved it so much that we ate there the following night too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was AuthenticCMDHPDined on 8/7/2014The food was Authentic Italian! Make sure if you you visit the bakery for a ToGo bag!Special Features:
- Disappointing experienceWTLovesMusclesDined on 8/6/2014I have been to this place twice before for meals, and several times to buy cheese. This time, I tried their pizza for the first time. After having the waiter for the longer than usual wait for food, the pizza came to the pizza cold, and the crust was sort of damp. I believe it had been left in the window waiting for the rest of our order. I mentioned this to our waiter (Jared?), but nothing was done about it.
- still amazingCharlotteDined on 8/4/2014We were here last year when Touch of Italy was new. We came back this year, wondering if it could be as good. It was better! The food is excellent. The staff are generally very good and enhance the environment. Our goal this year is to have food from Touch of Italy every day of our vacation. Take out sandwiches are huge and delicious. Cheeses, meats, sauces, are of very high quality. The staff behind the counter are very knowledgeable, and make well-informed suggestions about not only what tastes good, but how flavors are optimized with different pairings or preparations. If you plan to eat in, make a reservation as there might be a wait otherwise. Consider family style for eat in. We had 3 entrees for 4 people and still had leftovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLyndaDVIPDined on 8/2/2014We LOVE Touch of Italy but won't be returning until the season is over. The service is always terrific but the food has gotten continually worse since Memorial Day. The pasta served with the Chicken Parm is just regular spaghetti now and the chicken parm was cold and hard. Maybe they are just too busy now to keep up the quality. The calamari is consistently good. See you in September Touch of Italy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like my mother's cookingRenneDined on 7/26/2014Touch of Italy is wonderful. The food is the best Italian cooking outside of my mom and grrandma's kitchen. Great red sauce, delicious choices and variety. Friendly owners, excellent service a great place to eat anytime. Always take my guests for dinner and never disappointed. Wonderful Italian baked goods. Don't miss it.Special Features:
- A FavoritetracyDined on 7/22/2014One of our Favorites. We are local and frequent all locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!JennaDDined on 7/18/2014My family and I enjoyed the olive bread with warm ricotta as an appetizer along with eggplant parmesan, gnocchi and an avellinesi pesto for our entrees. Everything tasted wonderfully fresh. Their portions were large and desserts look delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love casual Italian!!TeresaknowsItalian50Dined on 7/13/2014Love the casual atmosphere and ambiance. The food is uncomplicated Italian made with fresh ingredients. Salad are crisp and large. Have dined there at least five times and always good. The staff has a pleasing and efficient manner. Always enjoy taking some of the ricotta cookies home along with some of the others. Good selection of cheeses and salad also to take home. Enjoyed a particularly good mortedella sandwich before going home with the San Benedetto iced tea. The Lewes location is also great. Love good Italian food and it is here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyArlene1voiceDined on 7/12/2014The waitress Kim was so wonderful! She made our night and the food was delish. The noise level was very high but the food and service made up for it. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- Great FoodItalyhereDined on 7/12/2014Need a reservation on weekends; expect a high noise level. Food is very, very good. Everything is fresh. The service once seated is excellent. In summer they have fairly young and somewhat oblivious hostesses that seem more interested in their coworkers than customers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic Italian FoodFoodieDined on 7/12/2014Very authentic food! Delicious! Service was excellent! Will come here every time we are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great but noisymikeyDined on 7/10/2014Food was great. Our server was friendly and attentive. Two issues. One the noise was pretty overwhelming. Very hard to have a conversation. Two, we sat next to a service table and wait staff were continually reaching over us and bumping into us to retrieve items, at least until we objected.Special Features:
- Great food!!rbdinerVIPDined on 7/6/2014I've eaten at the sit down restaurant a few times already and the food is excellent and service is too. I've had their sandwiches before and they are amazing. So are the dinner entrees. The only downside is that is it very loud in the restaurant and the tables are pretty tight once you have 4 people with drinks, entrees, bread, etc. Slightly larger tables would make the experience much more comfortable. But, all in all it's a great place!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/6/2014The service was slow but it was a busy holiday weekend. Portions were small, but good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- HowieDined on 7/5/2014The good was excellent. Four of us had three different course and they were all excellent!! Best Italian food ever!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/4/2014service was excellent food was excellent but the hostess was absolutley miserableSpecial Features:
- palmergolferItalianLoverDined on 7/4/2014Just Great Authentic Italian Food. I had the hot soprasetta and red peppers and it was fantastic. Pizza was great which was had by my wife.Special Features:
- Never A Bad MealItalianLoverDined on 6/30/2014Have Been to the Touch of Italy on Route 1 2 times this trip and will probably go back. Great Bolognese Sauce. Great AntiPasta Plate just good tasting food. Always good service also. I highly recommend to anyone wanting good Italian at the beach in RehobethSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not readyProsperoDined on 6/27/2014Food mediocre. Noise high, even for late dining. Service ok but inexperienced. Waiter meant well. Seemed surprised to see us at time of reservation. Not worth the trip and certainly not worth waiting in line for.
- Great for lunch and dinnerDjangoDined on 6/26/2014We really enjoy the mid day sandwitches and keep coming back for an evening pasta dish or pizza. A definate plus for large beach families.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/26/2014Excellent food, service but noise level is a problemSpecial Features:
- Touch of Noise!!AngeloDined on 6/24/2014The service was very good. Montana was an exceptional waitress. The ambience was notably Italian and attractive to the eye, but the lack of proper acoustics made our visit forgettable. It was so noisy (loud) we couldn't hear ourselves across the table. We just ate our meal and leaned in for an occasional word. The food was reasonably good, but my medium steak was nearly well done and hard to cut. It still tasted okay. I'm not one to send back food because it interrupts the flow of the meal and the other people at the table. My bride and I were celebrating our 42nd Anniversary, and we won't do that again (celebrate an anniv.) at Touch of Italy. We may stop in for lunch, or get something at the deli, but Touch is off our list of frequents.Special Features:
- Off NightEasytopleaseDined on 6/23/2014My previous dining experiences have been excellent. This time not soo much. One of our entrees arrived burnt/over cooked. Also, one entree we ordered never arrived. Our waitress seemed very overwhelmed and never noticed we didn't receive all of our items and still charged us. We will not be going back. Unfortunate since we own a house at the beach.
- The following 91 reviews are from the Touch of Italy - Rehoboth Beach Delaware reviews archive.
- finetasteVIPDined on 6/21/2014Never going back to that one. Will go back to Lewes.
- Touch of ItalyNoovationthistimeDined on 6/19/2014Excellent pizza and pasta. Desserts are first rate too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SheriffDined on 6/18/2014over cooked pasta or has been laying around for a while .