Touch of Italy - Ocean City
6600 coastal highway
Ocean City, MD 21842Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Touch of Italy - Ocean City
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.touchofitaly.com/
- Phone: 4105245252
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining
- Catering: Off-site catering is available.
A word from Touch of Italy - Ocean City
Touch of Italy in Ocean City, MD provides the freshest Italian specialty cheeses, meats, pasta, pizza and pastries and a wide variety of Italian specialty imports. All specialty hero sandwiches are made to order for carry-out service.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Touch of Italy - Ocean City - Best Restaurants in Ocean City ›
Touch of Italy - Ocean City reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (11)good for groups (9)fit for foodies (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (5)great for lunch (3)hot spot (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- DineoutDined on 10/25/2014Loved the flavors. Portions large enough to share. Desserts and baked goods excellent. Loved the little salumeria next doorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My5gransDined on 10/18/2014The food was outstanding, the restaurant is beautiful but the the nosie level was awful. It was so loud you really couldn't have a conversation. I have to say though that the food was so good the noise level wouldn't keep me from going back. Definitely not the place to go if you are looking for a quiet, romantic dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/8/2014We enjoyed our dining, and had a great table with good sevice.Special Features:
- Great food, loud atmospherePatrickDined on 9/20/2014They had a somewhat small menu, but the food was excellent. Large group and everyone was happy with the appetizers and their meal. The table wasn't ready for our reservation. The restaurant, mainly the bar area, smelt like chlorine. It was also very noisy with the bar crowd and people yelling over one another. Bottom line, the food trumped all and made it an enjoyable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I wish it wasn't so loud!EieioDined on 9/4/2014Went with a small group of 5 and our table was ready on time. The renovations to the old hotel restaurant were amazing! TOI has a lot of charm but the noise level is horrible! Very difficult to carry on a conversation as a group - it was a Wednesday night in the off season - some empty tables around. The food was delicious! We started off with antipasta and ceasar salad and shared with the whole table. The salad was tasty and large enough for 4 or 5. Our entrees were large portioned and delicious. One person tried the pizza - cooked in a wood oven in open view of the dining - that was great! The bakery and deli were a big hit. We all got dessert to go home - a great selection. Will remember the deli part for future parties and gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Being in Ocean CityOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/31/2014I would have to say that this is one of the best dinning options in Ocean City. We had a group of 6 and were seated immediatley when we arrived. The food came quickly and everyone was happy with their meal. Overall, it was a good dinning experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2014The food was excellent. Large portions. the staff was a little slow and new, but the food makes up for it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food...need better timingMartDined on 7/30/2014This place is a gem in OCMD. Food was excellent, great ambience, although, it's VERY LOUD in there. We had a great meal, recommend the chef's tiramisu for dessert or the cheesecake. Great wine selection too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new findFoodie404Dined on 7/16/2014This new addition to ocean city restaurants is a welcoming taste of Italy. Food was excellent and plentiful. Prices are affordable and fair. Ambience is cozy but noise level is high. Would highly recommend while you visit OC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- loud and sloweveningsoutDined on 7/4/2014They've only been open for a while. I think the service and speed of service will improve with practice. With no fabric surface, hard walls and floors and extremely noisy children. I doubt the noise level will improve.
- a pleasant surprisehandsomerich66VIPDined on 7/3/2014old world dishes presented in a modern setting. a real findSpecial Features:
- The following 8 reviews are from the Touch of Italy - Ocean City reviews archive.
- Terrible experienceAmcoVIPDined on 7/2/2014The only positive was that I had made a reservation through Open Table and they sat us at our table immediately. The waiter took 1/2 hour to come to our table, our drink order took another 1/2 hour, our main dishes another 3/4 of an hour. One of the four dishes brought to our table was incorrect. The manager apologized for the problems and offered us dessert on the house which was totally unacceptable to non dessert people. The food was salty. Interesting that they place a cup of salt that looks like parmesan cheese on the table. I did contact the restaurant on their email site but have not heard back from them so I see no reason to now send them an additional private note.
- Excellent Italian faremcd1977Dined on 7/2/2014Best antipasti tray...thinly-sliced Italian meats, excellent cheeses, olives and red pepper. Best buy on the menu portion-wise as well. The wrapped proscuitto in mozzarella was non-descript however. Bread and salads excellent. Gnocchi good but not homemade but rest of pasta was. Liked the variety of the menu with dinners and pizzas if not interested in full meal. Highly recommend for dinner and browsing the Italian deli/bakery after. My husband is Italian and we both are very familiar with top-notch Italian food and this is almost close as it can get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs work!shatz101Dined on 7/1/2014I realize that the location has only been open for a couple weeks but it definitely needs some work. The food is not as good as the other locations. The meatballs which I love were hard as rocks. The food runners didn't know the table numbers so food was almost delivered to the wrong tables. We will definitely be back to the Lewes location but not sure if we will go back to OC and they are a lot closer.Special Features:
- SlickerDined on 6/28/2014Made a reservation and still waited 50 minutes to be seated. The noise level was extremely high....very annoying....could not carry on a normal conversation at the table. May return for the deli or bakery, but not for dinner. Entrees were average at best, although antipasti was good...much better Italian restaurants in the area. Everyone at my table was disappointed after all of the hype.
- A very special placeWilliamsburgMelDined on 6/28/2014My sister told me, "there's a new Italian restaurant that just opened near the house." So, on Saturday night my wife and I had the great fortune to walk into "Touch of Italy." In the first five minutes, we knew this place was going to be something special. Whoever designed this restaurant should get an award. Going to our table, we passed a delly and pastry cases with smells that said " Now this is an Italian restaurant', not some cookie cutter chain. We split an entree (they are fine with that some places give you a glance you could do without) but the menu was so enticing that we ordered one soup, two appetizers, and a couple of glasses of chianti .. Everything was just great. My advice, don't miss this place. Find it and go!Special Features:
- Not impressedLoudDined on 6/27/2014Food was okay. Noise was horrendous. Not enough space Between tables. Kept getting bumped by waiters and other people. Maybe when they get established we will try again.Special Features:
- Awesome foodJimmyDined on 6/16/2014Food was awesome. Jimmy at the bar was very entertaining!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not openMarioDined on 6/15/2014I used open table to secure a table for Father's Day, however the place was not open. The owner's had no idea that open table was taking reservations, they had not updated their answering machine message and the hotel had no idea what was going on with the restaurant. One can only hope that when they do open they have their act together!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.