Toscanova - Calabasas
4799 Commons Way
Calabasas, CA 91302Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Toscanova - Calabasas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.calabasas.toscanova.com/
- Phone: 8182250499
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Toscanova - Calabasas
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Toscanova - Calabasas - Best Restaurants in Calabasas ›
Toscanova - Calabasas reviews from OpenTable diners
94 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (72)neighborhood gem (48)special occasion (29)great for lunch (28)fit for foodies (26)good for groups (26)romantic (18)notable wine list (18)great for brunch (14)kid-friendly (10)vibrant bar scene (8)scenic view (6)late-night find (6)hot spot (4)Show More
- Less than hoped forlawcatDined on 9/13/2014The food was good and variety is good; bar looks nice. Noise level is unbearable! No effort to reduce sound so it's difficult to hear others in a party of 5. Conversation became 2 of us talking on one side of the table and 3 on the other side because it was impossible to hear people on the other side of the table. Too much ambient noise. Service OK once we were seated but the hostess first took us to a table occupied by people not in our party. She insisted it was under our name. It was not. We were eventually seated with the rest of our party but the hostess didn't bother to apologize. She also had bright pink hair which is not in keeping with a fine dining establishment; it diminished the overall look of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun celebrationSharynDined on 9/7/2014A great patio and attentive and friendly staff. We had a fun family celebration. Food was great.Special Features:
- Enjoyablehealthy1VIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. We asked for an outside table, and they said we would have to wait in the bar and they would call us. Instead, we waited by the desk, and they found us a table within 2 minutes, knowing we weren't going to purchase a drink. outside they had at least 4-5 tables open. I had the special lobster pasta and would not order it again. Tiny bits of lobster that could have been anything fishy. My husband enjoyed his pasta dinner. The Caesar salad was good and not overly dressed. We brought wine, and their corkage fee is $20.00. A little high for the area, but not unreasonable. The noise level was moderate, but only because we were outside. Inside, it was very loud! We'll go back though again!Special Features:
- NoisyArtfanDined on 9/5/2014We were seated inside in a corner with a large loud group beside us. When conversation became impossible, we were seated outside right outside of the open door to the noisy interior. Husband's pasta was undercooked. My dinner was great (white fish and asparagus). We are locals but have been kept away by the acoustics!
- Accomodating and Gluten Free!FoodieAtHeartDined on 8/30/2014They were extremely accommodating to our large party. Additionally, the had gluten free pasta, which I was extremely impressed by, and which tasted amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendLocalFoodieDined on 8/29/2014I go to Toscanova every time I can for business meetings as I can always depend on their attention to needs, detail, good food and accommodating seating whenever they can! Love the outdoor firepit in the evenings for wine and appetizers and/or coffee after dinner. A delight!Special Features:
- First timeuclarmsDined on 8/11/2014Fantastic food-nice location-sevice was terrible. Had to wait at least 30 minutes after finishing our salad. Had to get up to talk to manager. Waiter never came by for over 30 minutes. Place not that busySpecial Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014Food, service and all was good! Thursday nights the Commons has music outside which added to the very nice evening meal!Special Features:
- Ambiance slightly better than food.FlowrideDined on 8/7/2014Let me start by saying that I was raised in an Italian American household, so I might be a bit more discerning than others when dining Italian. I started off with a mozzarella caprese appetizer, which was quite good. Following, I had the gnocchi. While palatable, for certain, it was slightly bland. I'm not a huge fan of an abundant amount of sauce, but there was very little presented with the dish. Also, the pasta itself came to life only after asking for Parmesan cheese to accentuate it. After growing up in a city where amazing $5 spaghetti dinners at the local curch were the norm, paying nearly $20 for average pasta is a bit of a let down. Spice...add a little and your meal will come to life.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014Very good service and food all around. Always consistently good.Special Features:
- Toscanova CalabasascalabasasfoodieDined on 7/26/2014We experienced a lovely dinner with friends while enjoying outdoor dining during a warm summer eve. Service was a bit slow but the restaurant was quite busy. This is the second time we have here...the first time was not a good experience....service and food not up to par so I'm glad we gave it a second chance. I had a veal chop and had part of it bagged up to take home and then I forgot to take the bag. I was back in 10 minutes but they had already thrown it in the garbage. They could have saved it for at least 20 minutes before tossing it. I was looking forward to finishing it the next day....as it was quite expensive! Our server was looking for it but the manager could care less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great restaurant!YasmineVIPDined on 7/25/2014Service was amazing...you feel like you just took a trip to Italy. Food was excellent & the outdoor patio is charming.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Came for an easy casual dinner. At first, the service was acceptable. Unfortunately, it took a REALLY LONG time to get our food; just two entrees. I will say, once our server and management realized our food was talking a long time to arrive, they were apologetic and handled the situation effectively. The food came out hot, tasted good, but wasn't anything stellar. We'll give it another try, but not rushing back.Special Features:
- Great food - Service a bit slowAuntieJeanieDined on 7/24/2014The food was good - we took recommendations from the waiter. They forgot my dinner salad and it took 10 or 15 min to get it to the table! We were sat in a crowded area in the center while there were open seats in less crowded area. The octopus appetizer was excellent. The service was fair to good, just a bit slow.Special Features:
- Good experienceJasonVIPDined on 7/19/2014Toscanova was a good dining experience. The only thing we didn't care for was the Gnocchi, too dry. Otherwise the service was great and so were the short ribs!Special Features:
- simple Italian food at its finestfoodgeekDined on 7/19/2014My experience at Toscanova was positively outstanding. we arrived 10 minutes before our reservation and the table was ready. Service was fantastic. My server spotted me looking around the patio (I was just looking around) and he promptly ran over to our table to see if I needed anything. Bread and olive oil that is so good it's probably cold press is included, and they don't charge for bread, so go nuts on it. We got the salmon carpaccio, cold cuts (prosccuito, sopressata, and coppa,) mixed mushroom pizza, linguini with clams and zucchini, chocolate souffle, and late's. The food is simple, and delicious. If you're looking for avante garde stuff, go somewhere else. If you want perfect, simple, soulful Italian food, come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MM25VIPDined on 7/9/2014We go to Toscanova a list 2 to 3 times a month . Food is authentic italian as you can get. Atmosher is great, service is very good. I strongly recommend this restaurant. .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/30/2014Service was awful. When we mentioned something about the delay, the waiter callously said "We're busy." How embarrassing, as we were there for a business lunch meeting. Most likely we will not return.
- Nice birthday lunchEastsidegirlDined on 6/22/2014My friend and I met here for lunch for our birthdays. We enjoyed our omelet and salad and found the service attentive. They even brought us a nice complimentary tiramasu for bday dessert.Special Features:
- Great food & atmosphereIntersellsDined on 6/15/2014Sat on the patio for brunch shielded by the trees. Excellent food and service and the grand kids did not fidget much.Special Features:
- great outdoor dinningAgemDined on 6/14/2014good food, good service and very nice setting outdoorSpecial Features:
- Excellent food & ambiance!Kayla520Dined on 6/7/2014Had a lovely time with my group. Good food & ambiance. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable restaurantPsychDined on 6/5/2014Good food. Ordered the same dish the second time I dined there, and it was just as good as the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraDined on 5/31/2014The food was great, restaurant is really pretty, love the patio, but the noise level too loud.Special Features:
- Great FoodTCoupeDined on 5/30/2014Really wonderful pasta dishes. But it's extra $ for anchovies on a Ceasar Salad? Really? What's the definition of a Ceasar Salad? Pretty basic really. So what if most Angelinos don't care for them, they should be there. (My 2¢)
- PASTA SAUCES WERE OUTSTANDING!LadyhawkeDined on 5/29/2014Not the first time here but the first time sitting outside and first time ordering pasta. The mushroom medley was delicious.Special Features:
- would not recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014food was just OK. service was nice but the space was noisy and our table was in the middle of a bunch of other people... uncomfortable. the food was mediocre. not somewhere i want to go again... not for the price.
- The following 207 reviews are from the Toscanova - Calabasas reviews archive.
- boiterous and livelyrogerHDined on 5/17/2014Nice family-style casual italian venue. Waiter had authentic Italian accent. Great food, reasonable prices, not too fancy. Plenty of outside seating, weather permitting. Typically loud lively experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big diappintmentluv2trynewplacesDined on 5/15/2014I asked for the sea bass and instead was given the white fish. I told the waiter that I know what sea bass tastes like and what I had was definitely not sea bass. He kept insisting it was. The fish was over cooked. It took forever to get our food. The waiter was nice and polite but not very attentive despite the fact that they were not that busy.
- Terrible ServiceUnhappyCustomerDined on 5/11/2014The service here was positively horrid. Truly the worst I have ever experienced. Food was mediocre and portions were small. Obviously this is the perfect place to dine if you enjoy all of the that.
- robbiemgOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/10/2014Fantastic dinner with the family! Every item we ordered was seasoned perfectly and delivered piping hot (usually a pet peeve of my picky Mom). The service was impeccable as well, very attentive and friendly. We love this restaurant that rivals any on the West side.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestNeilDined on 5/10/2014Can't stop eating there over and over again. Fortunately for us they are a neighborhood restaurant and a mainstay!!Special Features:
- GoodRichardVIPDined on 5/5/2014Its good, not great. The outdoor seating is nice.Special Features:
- Sat. evening diningKurtVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great service and food with attentive wait staff even on a Saturday night!Special Features:
- FoodnfamilyFoodnfamilyDined on 4/20/2014I've been here a few times, and I was on the fence the first couple of times, but Calabasas is restaurant challenged, so I didn't have many options. Toscanova improves on food and service everytime I go! It's now one of my favorite places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth returning to...LoveItaliaVIPDined on 4/19/2014Delicious dinner, excellent service and lovely outdoor patio. We've had several excellent meals here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, with sticker shock!RobinCDined on 4/18/2014Pleasant Friday night dining experience. Lauren was our server, and she was delightful. (If you get a server named Christian, ask for someone else - he's haughty and condescending.) We shared the turbo-fish - nicely prepared with asparagus and grilled perfectly. My only criticism was that when we were informed of the specials (which do not appear on the menu), there was no mention made of the price. I was a bit surprised to find that the tab (for the fish ALONE) was $80 - yes, EIGHTY dollars for a fish! Total tab with two starters, one shared entrée, one shared dessert (crème brulee) and two glasses of wine was $142 (remember, that fish was $80!) plus $25 tip made a total bill of $167 for the two of us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2014The Turbot fish special was excellent ! The waiter did a very good job deboning it for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GREATTTTTTTTTTT!NeilDined on 4/18/2014It is out neighborhood restaurant now: we used to travel from Santa Barbara to dine here. Everything is always terrific. People- Food-Ambiance and Service our outstanding. We dine here at least once a week.Special Features:
- a little bit of LA in the Valleyluv2dineoutVIPDined on 4/2/2014I love the activity of Hollywood, West Hollywood, mid-city, Santa Monica, and West L.A. And we don't get much of that in the valley. So this pretty and hip place has been a welcome addition to this pretty sleepy community. Some style, adorable Italian (and some American!) waiters, good food (if a bit pricey), and it's, all in all, a great night out. Most recently, we sat out at the fire pit on yet another glorious SoCal day and munched and sipped for hours. Love this place.Special Features: