Toscanova - Calabasas
4799 Commons Way
Calabasas, CA 91302Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Toscanova - Calabasas
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.calabasas.toscanova.com/
- Phone: (818) 225-0499
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Toscanova - Calabasas
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Toscanova - Calabasas - Best Restaurants in Calabasas ›
Toscanova - Calabasas reviews from OpenTable diners
91 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (65)neighborhood gem (43)special occasion (32)good for groups (29)fit for foodies (26)great for lunch (22)romantic (15)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- great food but overpricedBarbieDined on 11/22/2014Great food, good atmosphere. Food is quite overpriced though. We arrived there for a reservation for 4, waiting for the other couple. After 20 minutes I texted you friends and they were sitting at a different table in the main dining area while we were on the patio. How can you get it this wrong if the reservation is fSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014This was my first visit to your restaurant and my first date with a wonderful woman; all was well until the noise started coming!!!! I really don't want to compete with your noise when I'm trying to listen/talk to my honey!!! I had requested and hoped for a "quiet corner" that would provide for a very intimate evening---as soon as I/we walked through your door unfortunately, I knew that would not happen. You, and so many other white table cloth restaurants just "don't get it"---we want quiet, we want easy listening music, we want ambiance, we want romance, we want to be able to talk/ whisper to our honey, we want to impress her, we want to create a dining experience that she/we will always remember----------that does not happen when your noise is louder than our intimate conversation.................You could make a ton of money if you created a dining experience that was "second-to-none"--- I'll bet a truck load of money that you will not do it...........................Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently good!gulesVIPDined on 11/21/2014My husband and I often come to this restaurant, we have celebrated many occasion here, and we have never been let down. The food and service are consistently good and the waitstaff is friendly and attentive. Toscanova is one of our favorite places to go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, average foodbzbinTODined on 11/8/2014The specials sounded amazing and the pasta dish was, halibut not so much (bland and dry). Host wasn't very welcoming, but server was excellent.
- Great dinnerRoscoeVIPDined on 11/1/2014Had a really good dinner. The lamb osso buco is delicious! The pastas are also very good. We come here often and it never disappoints. Lauren was our server and she was excellent.Special Features:
- Too loudlikesgoodfoodDined on 11/1/2014The food was good as was the service. However the noise level was so horrible that the only way I will consider returning is during warm weather for patio diningSpecial Features:
- Once againPastaLoverVIPDined on 10/17/2014Once again my husband and I enjoyed dining at Toscanova. Food, ambiance, wine and service are always wonderful. We'll eturn again soon.Special Features:
- Pleasant with great servicelocalspotDined on 10/16/2014My wife and I have dined here before since it is a neighborhood restaurant. The food it great and this time the service was especially good. I think the restaurant has stepped up its game in terms of good service from the time you walk in the door.Special Features:
- GreatAaaaaaDined on 10/16/2014Food was outstanding. We had two great antipastos. Dinner was a venison filet and huge veal chop. Both perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My fave local spotShaedaVIPDined on 10/10/2014Delicious food, fabulous service and one of the best local spots.Special Features:
- 10/4/14 DinnermoronVIPDined on 10/4/2014Last minute choice for dinner after a friend had recommended it as a good place to dine. We were not disappointed. Food and service were great. Plenty of room for small groups, but is open enough so you're not crowded next to some other group. We'll be returning.Special Features:
- Enjoyable.jillyDined on 9/28/2014We had an early reservation, 5:45, on a Sunday. The restaurant did not get busy until later in the evening. The food was great. The server was very attentive although when the restaurant got busier it was a little more challenging to get his attention. The decor is beautiful and all together it was a lovely evening.I would recommend this to a friend.
- vegetarian choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/26/2014Food not prepared to satisfaction in spite of requesting the waitress to prepare as needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meeeDined on 9/20/2014It was a great atmosphere for a first date service was prompt and friendly overall made for a very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Less than hoped forlawcatDined on 9/13/2014The food was good and variety is good; bar looks nice. Noise level is unbearable! No effort to reduce sound so it's difficult to hear others in a party of 5. Conversation became 2 of us talking on one side of the table and 3 on the other side because it was impossible to hear people on the other side of the table. Too much ambient noise. Service OK once we were seated but the hostess first took us to a table occupied by people not in our party. She insisted it was under our name. It was not. We were eventually seated with the rest of our party but the hostess didn't bother to apologize. She also had bright pink hair which is not in keeping with a fine dining establishment; it diminished the overall look of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A fun celebrationSharynDined on 9/7/2014A great patio and attentive and friendly staff. We had a fun family celebration. Food was great.Special Features:
- Enjoyablehealthy1VIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our first time at this restaurant. We asked for an outside table, and they said we would have to wait in the bar and they would call us. Instead, we waited by the desk, and they found us a table within 2 minutes, knowing we weren't going to purchase a drink. outside they had at least 4-5 tables open. I had the special lobster pasta and would not order it again. Tiny bits of lobster that could have been anything fishy. My husband enjoyed his pasta dinner. The Caesar salad was good and not overly dressed. We brought wine, and their corkage fee is $20.00. A little high for the area, but not unreasonable. The noise level was moderate, but only because we were outside. Inside, it was very loud! We'll go back though again!Special Features:
- NoisyArtfanDined on 9/5/2014We were seated inside in a corner with a large loud group beside us. When conversation became impossible, we were seated outside right outside of the open door to the noisy interior. Husband's pasta was undercooked. My dinner was great (white fish and asparagus). We are locals but have been kept away by the acoustics!
- Accomodating and Gluten Free!FoodieAtHeartDined on 8/30/2014They were extremely accommodating to our large party. Additionally, the had gluten free pasta, which I was extremely impressed by, and which tasted amazing!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendLocalFoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014I go to Toscanova every time I can for business meetings as I can always depend on their attention to needs, detail, good food and accommodating seating whenever they can! Love the outdoor firepit in the evenings for wine and appetizers and/or coffee after dinner. A delight!Special Features:
- First timeuclarmsDined on 8/11/2014Fantastic food-nice location-sevice was terrible. Had to wait at least 30 minutes after finishing our salad. Had to get up to talk to manager. Waiter never came by for over 30 minutes. Place not that busySpecial Features:
- Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/7/2014Food, service and all was good! Thursday nights the Commons has music outside which added to the very nice evening meal!Special Features:
- Ambiance slightly better than food.FlowrideDined on 8/7/2014Let me start by saying that I was raised in an Italian American household, so I might be a bit more discerning than others when dining Italian. I started off with a mozzarella caprese appetizer, which was quite good. Following, I had the gnocchi. While palatable, for certain, it was slightly bland. I'm not a huge fan of an abundant amount of sauce, but there was very little presented with the dish. Also, the pasta itself came to life only after asking for Parmesan cheese to accentuate it. After growing up in a city where amazing $5 spaghetti dinners at the local curch were the norm, paying nearly $20 for average pasta is a bit of a let down. Spice...add a little and your meal will come to life.Special Features:
- Consistently GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/4/2014Very good service and food all around. Always consistently good.Special Features:
- The following 224 reviews are from the Toscanova - Calabasas reviews archive.
- Toscanova CalabasascalabasasfoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014We experienced a lovely dinner with friends while enjoying outdoor dining during a warm summer eve. Service was a bit slow but the restaurant was quite busy. This is the second time we have here...the first time was not a good experience....service and food not up to par so I'm glad we gave it a second chance. I had a veal chop and had part of it bagged up to take home and then I forgot to take the bag. I was back in 10 minutes but they had already thrown it in the garbage. They could have saved it for at least 20 minutes before tossing it. I was looking forward to finishing it the next day....as it was quite expensive! Our server was looking for it but the manager could care less.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great restaurant!YasmineVIPDined on 7/25/2014Service was amazing...you feel like you just took a trip to Italy. Food was excellent & the outdoor patio is charming.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/25/2014Came for an easy casual dinner. At first, the service was acceptable. Unfortunately, it took a REALLY LONG time to get our food; just two entrees. I will say, once our server and management realized our food was talking a long time to arrive, they were apologetic and handled the situation effectively. The food came out hot, tasted good, but wasn't anything stellar. We'll give it another try, but not rushing back.Special Features:
- Great food - Service a bit slowAuntieJeanieDined on 7/24/2014The food was good - we took recommendations from the waiter. They forgot my dinner salad and it took 10 or 15 min to get it to the table! We were sat in a crowded area in the center while there were open seats in less crowded area. The octopus appetizer was excellent. The service was fair to good, just a bit slow.Special Features:
- Good experienceJasonVIPDined on 7/19/2014Toscanova was a good dining experience. The only thing we didn't care for was the Gnocchi, too dry. Otherwise the service was great and so were the short ribs!Special Features:
- simple Italian food at its finestfoodgeekDined on 7/19/2014My experience at Toscanova was positively outstanding. we arrived 10 minutes before our reservation and the table was ready. Service was fantastic. My server spotted me looking around the patio (I was just looking around) and he promptly ran over to our table to see if I needed anything. Bread and olive oil that is so good it's probably cold press is included, and they don't charge for bread, so go nuts on it. We got the salmon carpaccio, cold cuts (prosccuito, sopressata, and coppa,) mixed mushroom pizza, linguini with clams and zucchini, chocolate souffle, and late's. The food is simple, and delicious. If you're looking for avante garde stuff, go somewhere else. If you want perfect, simple, soulful Italian food, come here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MM25VIPDined on 7/9/2014We go to Toscanova a list 2 to 3 times a month . Food is authentic italian as you can get. Atmosher is great, service is very good. I strongly recommend this restaurant. .Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/30/2014Service was awful. When we mentioned something about the delay, the waiter callously said "We're busy." How embarrassing, as we were there for a business lunch meeting. Most likely we will not return.
- Nice birthday lunchEastsidegirlDined on 6/22/2014My friend and I met here for lunch for our birthdays. We enjoyed our omelet and salad and found the service attentive. They even brought us a nice complimentary tiramasu for bday dessert.Special Features:
- Great food & atmosphereIntersellsDined on 6/15/2014Sat on the patio for brunch shielded by the trees. Excellent food and service and the grand kids did not fidget much.Special Features:
- great outdoor dinningAgemDined on 6/14/2014good food, good service and very nice setting outdoorSpecial Features:
- Excellent food & ambiance!Kayla520VIPDined on 6/7/2014Had a lovely time with my group. Good food & ambiance. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliable restaurantPsychDined on 6/5/2014Good food. Ordered the same dish the second time I dined there, and it was just as good as the first time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraDined on 5/31/2014The food was great, restaurant is really pretty, love the patio, but the noise level too loud.Special Features:
- Great FoodTCoupeDined on 5/30/2014Really wonderful pasta dishes. But it's extra $ for anchovies on a Ceasar Salad? Really? What's the definition of a Ceasar Salad? Pretty basic really. So what if most Angelinos don't care for them, they should be there. (My 2¢)
- PASTA SAUCES WERE OUTSTANDING!LadyhawkeDined on 5/29/2014Not the first time here but the first time sitting outside and first time ordering pasta. The mushroom medley was delicious.Special Features: