41-47 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.toscanoboston.com/
- Phone: 6177234090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 3:45PM; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Chris 6177234090
- Special Events: Please refer to website.
A word from Toscano Restaurant
Nestled among the antique shops, boutiques and cafes along Beacon Hill's famous Charles Street, Toscano restaurant remains a staple of Boston's oldest neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Toscano Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Beacon Hill ›
Toscano Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
163 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (108)special occasion (86)fit for foodies (75)romantic (74)notable wine list (68)great for lunch (44)good for groups (41)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)great for brunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/27/2014Once again an outstanding experience at Toscano! Exceptional food-our party LOVED ALL of or dishes-mussels, minestrone soup, insalata Mista Toscano, eggplant parmigiana, lobtster, veal milanese, Pasta Bolognese and Filet Mignon Tutto Pepe topped off by the most AMAZING blueberry torte for dessert all served by Federico who was extremely attentive and ensured the service matched the outstanding meal! Looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- FeriDined on 9/25/2014The greatest Italian restaurant in Boston. best Arabiata sauce.Special Features:
- Hopeful but disappointedTornadoDined on 9/19/2014I had eaten at the bar one night after a concert and was very pleased with the late night menu and service. When I came back for dinner, I was very disappointed in my meal of linguine and clams as it was basically tasteless. The Carpaccio was tasteless as well. My fiancé's lamb chops were absolutely delicious. I am thinking the red meat entrees were probably the way to go. Overall, I was disappointed in the food...Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014One of the best waitstaff I have had in years! Our waiter was knowledgeable and very helpful.Special Features:
- Respite from the hustle and bustleMaryfVIPDined on 9/17/2014White tablecloths, excellent service and good food make this a classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6FriendsDined on 9/15/2014This is a favorite and we will be back. Good food, good location, nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialReegz18Dined on 9/12/2014My boyfriend and I went for our anniversary, The restaurant itself was beautiful, but the food was quite the disappointment. The quality of the food was definitely not worth the price, for the prices on the menu we definitely expected something a lot better. Just for one example, My boyfriends filet was first undercooked (not a problem, Quick fix) but then it came back and it was very bland. There was No flavor, and theTexture to the meat was off, it was disappointing. We were complimented with a dessert which was delicious, but We Wouldn't go there again, overall it was just an okay experience for an expensive bill.Special Features:
- Great food, stuck-up serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Very good food and atmosphere. Rated service as poor because our server was inhospitable, stuck-up and looked bothered to have to talk to us.Special Features:
- Lived up to the hype!SCFoodieDined on 9/11/2014Highly recommended! Very tasty and authentic food and exceptional wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrescoDined on 9/11/2014My first time to Toscano and it will surely not be the last. Seated on time in the section away from the bar; window seat. Prompt service and great food. I'm not a wine expert but their Pinot by the glass was very good. Prices were moderate compared with other good, Italian restaurants in Boston. Hard to find fault and probably a 4.5 overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to Harvard SquareOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014New Toscano is a beautiful space with the same great food and attentive service.Special Features:
- Did not disappointSB4diningVIPDined on 9/2/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. Had heard and read good reviews and we were not disappointed. First - the martinis were perfection. We had the bruschette and the carpaccio as appetizers. Both excellent. We both had salads, which were awesome, but should have shared one as they are pretty generous. We ordered the bolognese and scaloppine limone for dinner and both were perfect. We had a great meal and will definitely return the next time in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOnaKDined on 8/27/2014This was certainly a treat. The service, wine, and food were great. Highlights were the Toscano rigatoni, muscles, pork chop pizzaiola, and pistachio ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentBobSDined on 8/27/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in Boston..and their recently opened Harvard Square location is consistent with the same food, service and quality. Diverse menu - not inexpensive but worth the money. Outstanding Italian wine list. Best restaurant week menu and value in the City. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- jackVIPDined on 8/26/2014A restaurant week GREAT FIND. Good portions and selections to chose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014I came here for my husbands birthday because of all the great reviews. This was one of the worst Italian meals I have had. Truly, not good. Two days before I was at Giulia in Cambridge which was phenomenal. I was really wishing I had just gone back. Really disappointed.
- Decent service, better food.EvyKVIPDined on 8/24/2014My friend and I grabbed a late girl's lunch yesterday around 1:30pm. This is rounding out the lunch scene and we enjoyed the 3-course restaurant week menu. The sirloin was good, the potatoes that came with it were fantastic. The tomato bread soup was interesting, though I'm not sure I would get it again. My friend's salmon was perfectly done and I think the best dish of the lunch. Unfortunately, our server was quite rushed and made us feel that way. The restaurant was not packed (several empty tables around us), yet she made us feel rushed while ordering, didn't offer to make any recommendations, and didn't really seem to care to check on us too much. Would have been a much better experience had it not been for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestauranttartuffoDined on 8/22/2014Toscano never disappoints, food was excellent and beautifully presented. Service was very professional. Overall, a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerDentomVIPDined on 8/21/2014This was our first tie here in 15 years and we were not disappointed. The food was flavor fill and our server Santiago truly made the evening memorable with his expert advice and attentive service. We are already planning our return reservations. We definitely will not wait another 1 years to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/19/2014This visit brought my guest and I in during Boston's Restaurant Week (sometimes called Dine Out Week). Often restaurants will offer items not found on their regular menu and possibly of less complexity in order to offer the three course meal at the lower cost. Not true at Toscano! The food can be found on their regular menu and in the same ample portions. If you find yourself in the Beacon Hill area of Boston, you don't have to go all the way to the North End to enjoy a fantastic Italian meal.Special Features:
- DeliciousSuesVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. Not only is the food outstanding, but the wait staff is attentive , without being overbearing. We continuously return for an evening of fine dining, and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- we recommend this highly!DeeBrownDined on 8/15/2014Great atmosphere--wonderful food--great service-reasonable prices! Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, great serviceFussyDinerDined on 8/15/2014Great food and excellent service. Place was absolutely full (Friday night), but staff were very courteous and diplomatic in handling a short wait for a table. Pizza and Veal Milanaise definitely recommended. Very pleasant evening. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceSusanDVIPDined on 8/13/2014Food was great but waiter was very rude. We enjoyed the food but the waiter was rude and the service poor. He then complained about a low tip of 10%Special Features:
- Outstanding Food & ServicejockkkDined on 8/12/2014Strongly recommend this Beacon Hill Restaurant! Had to change our arrival time due to transportation problems, Maitre D worked with us beautifully, and the room was full.Special Features:
- ToscanoDelphicDogDined on 8/11/2014Food was superb. Daniel, our waiter, a true professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another enjoyable mealspikeDined on 8/11/2014Met here again for business lunch. Very functional due to the low noise level and atmosphere. Risotto was very good. I will be back.Special Features:
- Charles St goodyFoodfanVIPDined on 8/7/2014Recommended by our dining companion who lives in Boston and who hadn't been there yet, we all agreed the food was delicious. Loved my pasta alls vongole, while my companions praised the veal and salmon dishes that they had ordered. Attentive service too.Special Features:
- richVIPDined on 8/5/2014Toscano's is ALWAYS EXCELLENT. We have been coming to Toscano's for over twenty years, and have never been disappointed. Excellent service, fantastic food, excellent specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerburner416Dined on 8/3/2014My wife and I went to Tuscano for our 12th Anniversary dinner. Food was great. The waiter was very attentive. Plus they gave a complimentary dessert with a candle for our anniversary. Very classy!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Our server made excellent suggestions, helping us enjoy an outstanding, delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014As my husband has learned, I truly love this restaurant & as such, we made reservations for my annual Birthday dinner. Our server was Daniel & THE BEST server we have ever had there. Thank you for a truly memorable meal & birthday!!!! Looking forward to many happy returns.Special Features:
- One of the City's Best OptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/28/2014A great choice when you want an excellent meal but don't want a staggering bill. You always feel that you get what you pay for here. The chow and service are sure to please. The pastas are highly recommended... like the half portion option which is a great starter. I ordered the pork loin in a mustard sauce... fantastic. My guest had the house special filet and he loved it too. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Beautiful but just okayBbbearDined on 7/27/2014Everything about our experience was stellar; except we were expecting the food to have much more flavor sophistication. The food was good, just not great.Special Features:
- JtaravellaDined on 7/26/2014Entertaining friends from Tampa. Loved the fine Italian food. Will return for sureSpecial Features:
- Great Italian in Beacon Hill AreaDitto17Dined on 7/22/2014Great food and excellent service! It's a really good idea to make a reservation as it was pretty busy for a Tuesday and we were glad we had made a reservation!Special Features:
- Excellence Exists!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Along with wonderful food and service, Toscano on Charles Street has the perfect ambience.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerfinnDined on 7/15/2014Our server was knowledgeable and attentive. Ordered both the specials of the evening which were delicious. Atmosphere was lively but quiet enough to have a nice discussion. Great all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and good foodtelfinDined on 7/11/2014The restaurant is nice. Tables are quite far from each other so even if there is a lot of noise it does not matter, it is only fun. Service was outstanding! Food was very good but not the best we have had. All in all, I would go there again anytime! Good value for money.Special Features:
- Great restaurantPaullove1948Dined on 7/8/2014Fine place to have an amazing meal. The ambiance was better than expected.Special Features: