41-47 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.toscanoboston.com/
- Phone: 6177234090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 3:45PM; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Chris 6177234090
- Special Events: Please refer to website.
A word from Toscano Restaurant
Nestled among the antique shops, boutiques and cafes along Beacon Hill's famous Charles Street, Toscano restaurant remains a staple of Boston's oldest neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Toscano Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Beacon Hill ›
Toscano Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
157 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (104)special occasion (87)romantic (74)fit for foodies (70)notable wine list (66)great for lunch (43)good for groups (38)hot spot (15)vibrant bar scene (8)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/19/2014This visit brought my guest and I in during Boston's Restaurant Week (sometimes called Dine Out Week). Often restaurants will offer items not found on their regular menu and possibly of less complexity in order to offer the three course meal at the lower cost. Not true at Toscano! The food can be found on their regular menu and in the same ample portions. If you find yourself in the Beacon Hill area of Boston, you don't have to go all the way to the North End to enjoy a fantastic Italian meal.Special Features:
- DeliciousSuesVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. Not only is the food outstanding, but the wait staff is attentive , without being overbearing. We continuously return for an evening of fine dining, and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- we recommend this highly!DeeBrownDined on 8/15/2014Great atmosphere--wonderful food--great service-reasonable prices! Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014Great food and excellent service. Place was absolutely full (Friday night), but staff were very courteous and diplomatic in handling a short wait for a table. Pizza and Veal Milanaise definitely recommended. Very pleasant evening. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceSusanDVIPDined on 8/13/2014Food was great but waiter was very rude. We enjoyed the food but the waiter was rude and the service poor. He then complained about a low tip of 10%Special Features:
- ToscanoDelphicDogDined on 8/11/2014Food was superb. Daniel, our waiter, a true professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another enjoyable mealspikeDined on 8/11/2014Met here again for business lunch. Very functional due to the low noise level and atmosphere. Risotto was very good. I will be back.Special Features:
- Charles St goodyFoodfanVIPDined on 8/7/2014Recommended by our dining companion who lives in Boston and who hadn't been there yet, we all agreed the food was delicious. Loved my pasta alls vongole, while my companions praised the veal and salmon dishes that they had ordered. Attentive service too.Special Features:
- richVIPDined on 8/5/2014Toscano's is ALWAYS EXCELLENT. We have been coming to Toscano's for over twenty years, and have never been disappointed. Excellent service, fantastic food, excellent specials.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerburner416Dined on 8/3/2014My wife and I went to Tuscano for our 12th Anniversary dinner. Food was great. The waiter was very attentive. Plus they gave a complimentary dessert with a candle for our anniversary. Very classy!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Our server made excellent suggestions, helping us enjoy an outstanding, delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/1/2014As my husband has learned, I truly love this restaurant & as such, we made reservations for my annual Birthday dinner. Our server was Daniel & THE BEST server we have ever had there. Thank you for a truly memorable meal & birthday!!!! Looking forward to many happy returns.Special Features:
- One of the City's Best OptionsOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 7/28/2014A great choice when you want an excellent meal but don't want a staggering bill. You always feel that you get what you pay for here. The chow and service are sure to please. The pastas are highly recommended... like the half portion option which is a great starter. I ordered the pork loin in a mustard sauce... fantastic. My guest had the house special filet and he loved it too. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
- Beautiful but just okayBbbearDined on 7/27/2014Everything about our experience was stellar; except we were expecting the food to have much more flavor sophistication. The food was good, just not great.Special Features:
- JtaravellaDined on 7/26/2014Entertaining friends from Tampa. Loved the fine Italian food. Will return for sureSpecial Features:
- Great Italian in Beacon Hill AreaDitto17Dined on 7/22/2014Great food and excellent service! It's a really good idea to make a reservation as it was pretty busy for a Tuesday and we were glad we had made a reservation!Special Features:
- Excellence Exists!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/17/2014Along with wonderful food and service, Toscano on Charles Street has the perfect ambience.Special Features:
- Excellent dinnerfinnDined on 7/15/2014Our server was knowledgeable and attentive. Ordered both the specials of the evening which were delicious. Atmosphere was lively but quiet enough to have a nice discussion. Great all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and good foodtelfinDined on 7/11/2014The restaurant is nice. Tables are quite far from each other so even if there is a lot of noise it does not matter, it is only fun. Service was outstanding! Food was very good but not the best we have had. All in all, I would go there again anytime! Good value for money.Special Features:
- Great restaurantPaullove1948Dined on 7/8/2014Fine place to have an amazing meal. The ambiance was better than expected.Special Features:
- Always deliciousRoseDined on 7/5/2014We have been coming here over 25 years and it's always perfect! Food is delicious and service is always excellent. The staff always remembers us even if we have not been for months. LOVE it here!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb.....a real gem!JHopSimDined on 7/5/2014Excellent service! Our waitress was very friendly and knowledgeable about the menu and the specials. Our entire dinner was fabulous! Highly recommend. Make reservations far in advance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recent veal mealamanti2toscanaDined on 7/4/2014We dine fairly often at Toscano's, always hoping that it will be better than it turns out to be. Its location on Charles Street is superb, and care has been taken with the design of its dining area. The darkness that the owners seem to think is necessary (but which makes reading the menu difficult) is tolerable, as is the intrusiveness of the waitpersons. It's the food that sometimes fails to achieve excellence. On our last visit we were impressed by a first course of minestrone (for me) and chicken livers (specially prepared for my wife, who had wanted crostini). We also liked the wine: a Chianti Classico Riserva and a Moscato. For secondo we chose veal--Scaloppine limone and Vitella Milanese. Both veal dishes were tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charles street gemJacobDined on 6/29/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants in Boston. We had a big sampling of mains and all of them were spot on (pasta with bacon in cream sauce, Mediterranean Sea bass, seafood risotto, 10oz. Filet). Our waiter gave us a perfect wine recommendation and a special tasting course from the chef. Highly recommended for special date nights or a celebration. You really can't go wrong ordering anything here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Boston bestpetersDined on 6/29/2014We have had the pleasure of dining at Some of the best Italian restaurants worldwide. We have been to Toscana 3 times and every time a knockout. Seafood beautifully prepared. Veal was melt in your mouth. Sauces delicate and not over powering. I real gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, ok serviceRickyVIPDined on 6/28/2014The food menu is extensive without being overbearing. The tomato soup was new and delicious experience because it was more like a chunky sauce than a broth. Salmon was cooked to perfection and the tagliatelle and porcini was well seasoned and cooked to the right softness. Found the restaurant to be a lot bigger than I would have expected and the service was on the unfriendly side. Nobody really smiled and we were rushed to order. Other than that, I'd still recommend Toscano as a better Italian restaurant alternative than practically most options in north end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's okAntonioVIPDined on 6/22/2014I was expecting more from this restaurant. It's a beautiful place. Food ok. All pasta dishes we had were acceptable. Linguine pesto was terrible, I just tasted garlic. Service good.
- You can't beat this placePeteG36Dined on 6/20/2014Such a great restaurant! Everything from the food and service to the atmosphere is all always perfect. Very well run with everything they do. I brought a friend here from Naples Italy last year and he said it was the best Italian restaurant he's ever been to in the U.S. Toscano is always our first choice for special events. If you can get Peter as a waiter, you'll know what it's like to be waited on by a true professional.Special Features:
- Might Be the Best26DartDined on 6/16/2014All things considered, Toscano's as good as any restaurant in Boston. When the moderate price is taken into account, it might well be the best. Great kitchen, wine, and staff.Special Features:
- Poor serviceJamesChathamVIPDined on 6/16/2014Staff rushed us to finish our meals. Had our reservation at 6pm and we were told that we had to finish by 7:30 and we were constantly reminded of this fact by our waiter who kept looking at his watch and letting us know that he "recommends the pasta over the pizza because we didn't have time for it". The effort to get us out the door affected food quality to the point where a quarter of the pork was served raw in their rush to get the dishes out. Judging from other reviews of this place, food and service is a hit or miss and the inconsistency makes it a poor choice for dates and important business dinners.
- Perfect before A ShowPangelinaDined on 6/14/2014I chose this restaurant because it's walking distance from The Wilbur Theatre, and we were not disappointed! The staff was excellent! They allowed us to keep our car valet during the show ($20 to valet) and the food was superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousclaypointVIPDined on 6/13/2014All three of us ordered the Fegatini (chicken liver) main course for lunch, and we all finished every last bite... and every drop of that delicious sauce! Wonderful dish.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian findLGdinerVIPDined on 6/12/2014Best Italian food in the city at a reasonable price. Love the veal MilaneseSpecial Features:
- Nice mealcocoDined on 6/11/2014My husband and I went there and ordered the best capresa salad, and a very nice fungi pasta. The wine selection is super good. we will go backSpecial Features:
- Lunch with dear friendsluv2eatDined on 6/6/2014We had a delicious lunch. Our waiter was attentive but not obtrusive. Sat at the window looking on Charles St. Authentic Italian tagliatelle bolognese. As good as in Roma! Friends had perfectly grilled salmon and the salumi mista was yummy. I wish we had room for dessert. I am going back for that!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Food in Local GemgcaimaresDined on 6/6/2014Went out for a day and had to plan quickly! Used Open Table to find highly rated local restaurant's. Wanted something that was not a big name or a chain. Was a great find as it is close to local museum's and is on a great and beautiful street. Great views of true Boston neighborhood and upscale feel without upscale pricing. Will recommend to anyone visiting this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/1/2014Food, Service, Wine and ambiance all wonderful. Will definitely return.Special Features:
- Perfect!Jenny9Dined on 5/30/2014Loved our server, he was adorable! Jose? Although I think we drove him crazy with the request for pale pale pale pink cosmos but they were perfect!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchPickydiners2Dined on 5/30/2014Visiting town. Great Out to Lunch find, for some time away from the hustle and bustle if Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurant - horrible valetScontiDined on 5/29/2014This is a great restaurant for date night, special occasions, or a nice lunch. We recently went with our 4 day old infant to celebrate my husbands graduation and while they were very accommodating, they did not have any child friendly amenities (changing table, etc). I understand it's a higher end restaurant and we took a risk but I wouldn't label them family friendly. The food here ranges from good but nothing special to excellent. I highly recommend the specials as they are usually the best. The wine list has a good selection too - delicious prosecco! The service in the restaurant is great but avoid the valet. They were clearly napping in our car, changed around all the seat settings and blasted the radio. Very unprofessional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.