41-47 Charles St.
Boston, MA 02114Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.toscanoboston.com/
- Phone: 6177234090
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 3:45PM; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Chris 6177234090
- Special Events: Please refer to website.
A word from Toscano Restaurant
Nestled among the antique shops, boutiques and cafes along Beacon Hill's famous Charles Street, Toscano restaurant remains a staple of Boston's oldest neighborhood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Toscano Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
161 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (110)special occasion (89)fit for foodies (81)romantic (68)notable wine list (63)good for groups (41)great for lunch (41)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (7)late-night find (4)scenic view (4)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Always greatBillandPattiDined on 10/27/2014I go to Toscanos 3-4 times a year and its always excellent.Special Features:
- Outstanding experiencecornellDined on 10/26/2014We were celebrating a birthday for twins. We had outstanding attention from our waiter, Santiago, and his wine and meal suggestions were dead on . Food was outstanding.Special Features:
- Our Birthday destinationLuv2dineDined on 10/25/2014Our daughter lives in the neighborhood and every year, on her birthday this is where she requests to go. (Occasionally during the year also!) Year after year we are never disappointed. Peter is an excellent server, he knows what to recommend and is always spot on. The appetizers are large enlighten to share, the wine list has something for all and the food is delicious. My favorite is the lamb, always wonderful. The filets are prepared with imagination and the desserts a perfect way to end a fabulous meal, candle and all!Special Features:
- Consistently great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014We arrived for a birthday celebration and left with full stomachs and a great memory. My one caveat was the feeling of being rushed. The service was so fast to move us from drinks to dinner to desserts that we felt like we didn't have enough time to enjoy one anothers company. Otherwise a stellar dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantDityVIPDined on 10/25/2014Food was very good and they allowed two of us to have two half portions of pasta when we were trying to decide. There was an excellent portion of wine by the glass served in carafes that were probably a glass and a half. We were disturbed be a loud waiter at the table next to us but in all fairness had a couple was impossible to pleas and asked for details on almost everything on the menu. We came early for our 5:30 reservation, yet they seemed to place a rush on our leaving by clearing plates and glasses as each of us finished our wine or entree. Overall, the food was very good, the ambience nice and in general the noise level was low.Special Features:
- Lovely eveningTryNewPlacesDined on 10/18/2014Dinner was delicious. We were celebrating our anniversary and everything was perfect. Our table was ready when we arrived, our server was gracious and attentive, and her menu recommendations were spot on. My husband had the sea bass special and I had the veal scallopini Milanese, both were delicious. When I made the reservation I had indicated it was our anniversary and they remembered. We were served a scrumptious desert on the house. The restaurant helped to make our 27th anniversary very special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodZoneDoggyDined on 10/17/2014Ate at Tuscano while in town for Emerson College family visiting day. Food was solid and love the neighborhood. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved ithighexpectationsVIPDined on 10/17/2014Very knowledgable waitress. Fab food, great atmosphere. What more could you ask for?Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent.FoxyladyVIPDined on 10/10/2014We have always enjoyed our lunches/dinners here. We wanted to show our friends a nice time. They raved about their codfish and we thought the swordfish was delicious. It was a bit more noisy this time, but still lovely. A wonderful Italien meal in a beautiful setting.
- Always TerrificOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/2/2014Have been coming to Toscanos for years and they always excel. Great food, atmosphere and service! Make sure you walk Charles Street before dinner and visit the local shops.Special Features:
- newtah2Dined on 10/2/2014Our party of 6 enjoyed a very delicious lunch. The service was excellent, the choice of food was very good and the dishes we selected were superb. Two from our party had wine and rated it very high.Special Features:
- Jm877985Dined on 10/1/2014Had a birthday dinner for two. Food and service were both excellent. Peter was our server was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cosi BuonochristianeDined on 9/29/2014Luckily we had a reservation because the restaurant filled up quickly .Food and service were outstanding.Authentic Italian food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 9/27/2014Once again an outstanding experience at Toscano! Exceptional food-our party LOVED ALL of or dishes-mussels, minestrone soup, insalata Mista Toscano, eggplant parmigiana, lobtster, veal milanese, Pasta Bolognese and Filet Mignon Tutto Pepe topped off by the most AMAZING blueberry torte for dessert all served by Federico who was extremely attentive and ensured the service matched the outstanding meal! Looking forward to returning soon!Special Features:
- FeriDined on 9/25/2014The greatest Italian restaurant in Boston. best Arabiata sauce.Special Features:
- Hopeful but disappointedTornadoDined on 9/19/2014I had eaten at the bar one night after a concert and was very pleased with the late night menu and service. When I came back for dinner, I was very disappointed in my meal of linguine and clams as it was basically tasteless. The Carpaccio was tasteless as well. My fiancé's lamb chops were absolutely delicious. I am thinking the red meat entrees were probably the way to go. Overall, I was disappointed in the food...Special Features:
- Outstanding serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/17/2014One of the best waitstaff I have had in years! Our waiter was knowledgeable and very helpful.Special Features:
- Respite from the hustle and bustleMaryfVIPDined on 9/17/2014White tablecloths, excellent service and good food make this a classic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 6FriendsDined on 9/15/2014This is a favorite and we will be back. Good food, good location, nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing specialReegz18Dined on 9/12/2014My boyfriend and I went for our anniversary, The restaurant itself was beautiful, but the food was quite the disappointment. The quality of the food was definitely not worth the price, for the prices on the menu we definitely expected something a lot better. Just for one example, My boyfriends filet was first undercooked (not a problem, Quick fix) but then it came back and it was very bland. There was No flavor, and theTexture to the meat was off, it was disappointing. We were complimented with a dessert which was delicious, but We Wouldn't go there again, overall it was just an okay experience for an expensive bill.Special Features:
- Great food, stuck-up serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/12/2014Very good food and atmosphere. Rated service as poor because our server was inhospitable, stuck-up and looked bothered to have to talk to us.Special Features:
- Lived up to the hype!SCFoodieDined on 9/11/2014Highly recommended! Very tasty and authentic food and exceptional wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrescoDined on 9/11/2014My first time to Toscano and it will surely not be the last. Seated on time in the section away from the bar; window seat. Prompt service and great food. I'm not a wine expert but their Pinot by the glass was very good. Prices were moderate compared with other good, Italian restaurants in Boston. Hard to find fault and probably a 4.5 overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to Harvard SquareOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 9/4/2014New Toscano is a beautiful space with the same great food and attentive service.Special Features:
- Did not disappointSB4diningVIPDined on 9/2/2014This was our first time at the restaurant. Had heard and read good reviews and we were not disappointed. First - the martinis were perfection. We had the bruschette and the carpaccio as appetizers. Both excellent. We both had salads, which were awesome, but should have shared one as they are pretty generous. We ordered the bolognese and scaloppine limone for dinner and both were perfect. We had a great meal and will definitely return the next time in Boston.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOnaKDined on 8/27/2014This was certainly a treat. The service, wine, and food were great. Highlights were the Toscano rigatoni, muscles, pork chop pizzaiola, and pistachio ice cream.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistentBobSDined on 8/27/2014One of the best Italian restaurants in Boston..and their recently opened Harvard Square location is consistent with the same food, service and quality. Diverse menu - not inexpensive but worth the money. Outstanding Italian wine list. Best restaurant week menu and value in the City. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- jackVIPDined on 8/26/2014A restaurant week GREAT FIND. Good portions and selections to chose from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge disappointmentOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/24/2014I came here for my husbands birthday because of all the great reviews. This was one of the worst Italian meals I have had. Truly, not good. Two days before I was at Giulia in Cambridge which was phenomenal. I was really wishing I had just gone back. Really disappointed.
- Decent service, better food.EvyKVIPDined on 8/24/2014My friend and I grabbed a late girl's lunch yesterday around 1:30pm. This is rounding out the lunch scene and we enjoyed the 3-course restaurant week menu. The sirloin was good, the potatoes that came with it were fantastic. The tomato bread soup was interesting, though I'm not sure I would get it again. My friend's salmon was perfectly done and I think the best dish of the lunch. Unfortunately, our server was quite rushed and made us feel that way. The restaurant was not packed (several empty tables around us), yet she made us feel rushed while ordering, didn't offer to make any recommendations, and didn't really seem to care to check on us too much. Would have been a much better experience had it not been for the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite RestauranttartuffoDined on 8/22/2014Toscano never disappoints, food was excellent and beautifully presented. Service was very professional. Overall, a very enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerDentomVIPDined on 8/21/2014This was our first tie here in 15 years and we were not disappointed. The food was flavor fill and our server Santiago truly made the evening memorable with his expert advice and attentive service. We are already planning our return reservations. We definitely will not wait another 1 years to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 8/19/2014This visit brought my guest and I in during Boston's Restaurant Week (sometimes called Dine Out Week). Often restaurants will offer items not found on their regular menu and possibly of less complexity in order to offer the three course meal at the lower cost. Not true at Toscano! The food can be found on their regular menu and in the same ample portions. If you find yourself in the Beacon Hill area of Boston, you don't have to go all the way to the North End to enjoy a fantastic Italian meal.Special Features:
- DeliciousSuesVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. Not only is the food outstanding, but the wait staff is attentive , without being overbearing. We continuously return for an evening of fine dining, and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- we recommend this highly!DeeBrownDined on 8/15/2014Great atmosphere--wonderful food--great service-reasonable prices! Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, great serviceFussyDinerDined on 8/15/2014Great food and excellent service. Place was absolutely full (Friday night), but staff were very courteous and diplomatic in handling a short wait for a table. Pizza and Veal Milanaise definitely recommended. Very pleasant evening. Will definitely come again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and ServiceSusanDVIPDined on 8/13/2014Food was great but waiter was very rude. We enjoyed the food but the waiter was rude and the service poor. He then complained about a low tip of 10%Special Features:
- Outstanding Food & ServicejockkkDined on 8/12/2014Strongly recommend this Beacon Hill Restaurant! Had to change our arrival time due to transportation problems, Maitre D worked with us beautifully, and the room was full.Special Features:
- ToscanoDelphicDogDined on 8/11/2014Food was superb. Daniel, our waiter, a true professional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another enjoyable mealspikeDined on 8/11/2014Met here again for business lunch. Very functional due to the low noise level and atmosphere. Risotto was very good. I will be back.Special Features: