Toscano Harvard Square
52 Brattle St.
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Toscano Harvard Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://toscanoboston.com/harvard-square/
- Phone: 6173545250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 3:45PM; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Story St.
- Public Transit: The T: Redline to "Harvard Sq."
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking available nightly starting at 6:00. Valet is located in front of the restaurant on the corner of Brattle St. and Story St. Valet Charge $16
Validated Parking available at University Place Garage.
124 Mt. Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Enter Before 4pm Mon- Fri: 0-1 Hr. $4.00, 1-5 Hr. $13.00, After 5 Hrs. 2$ off regular rate.
Enter After 4PM Mon-Fri and all Day on Weekends: 0-1Hr. $4.00, 1+Hrs. $9.00
A word from Toscano Harvard Square
A stone’s throw from Harvard’s ivied walls, surrounded by the bustling eateries, shops, and confectioners on Brattle Street (once called the King’s Road), Toscano’s second location brings the bright, fresh flavors of Tuscany to historic Cambridge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Toscano Harvard Square reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (93)special occasion (93)fit for foodies (86)romantic (72)notable wine list (64)great for lunch (51)good for groups (30)hot spot (26)vibrant bar scene (15)scenic view (12)great for brunch (12)late-night find (10)great for outdoor dining (9)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- always perfectjeffVIPDined on 10/19/20146th time at this gem. perfect every time. the food selection is incredible and considering that all the selections we have had to date are wonderful. you will also find the service is outstanding.Special Features:
- Great All-Round Dining ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/17/2014Toscano is just a great place to eat. It is delicious food in an inviting atmosphere just off the hustle and bustle of Harvard Square. For taking out picky eaters such as my college kids, the Italian menu is particularly of help because they can always find something they like. I live out of town, but every time I stay in Cambridge, I try and eat here. It is a place where one feels very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great lunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/12/2014This was our second time at the restaurant. The service was outstanding and the food was delicious.Special Features:
- Rushed experienceCambridgeDinerDined on 10/11/2014The food here was decent but the service was terrible! Even though we had a reservation and there were plenty of open tables around us, the waitstaff was constantly intrusive. We felt like we were on a conveyer belt! We had hoped to have a relaxing meal together, but the rushed atmosphere definitely ruined that.
- Toscano Harvard Sq...Don'tTheloniusDined on 10/7/2014The food was very good, if overpriced. The wine list was also good but overpriced. The chairs were too low to the table and uncomfortable. But what will prevent me from returning is the noise level. Much too loud. It was almost impossible to hear my dining companions, once the restaurant filled up. I remember the Boston location being quieter. Also the waitstaff was too eager to turn over the table...they hovered.Special Features:
- Too NoisyLarrybDined on 10/6/2014Food was good, service was great, excellent wine list, but far too noisy to hear each other comfortably.Special Features:
- JoeTurnerDined on 10/4/2014Lovely evening. Food is exceptional, service is very good. Special evening.Special Features:
- Lunch in CambridgeEmptyNestersNowDined on 10/3/2014Glad we had reservations for lunch as the tables filled up. Lovely facility and the food was good. We ate here before taking a tour of Cambridge and Harvard.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable meal, reasonablePGT16Dined on 10/2/2014Good food, good service, at fair prices; we will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extraordinary food, great settingBostonloverDined on 9/30/2014We loved this restaurant. The food was nearly perfect in every way. The service was outstanding but never intrusive. I highly recommend it.Special Features:
- DisappointingTigersoftwareDined on 9/26/2014We were visiting Cambridge for the 1st time and had read relatively good reviews of Toscono. It appeared to be on of the better locations near Harvard Square. We were sorely disappointed. We order cocktails, which never came. We ordered salads which never came. We did receive our wine, but the waiter NEVER came to refill our glasses (not that it was expected, but it's always a nice touch). The wine was in a chill container and I had to get up from the table to get the wine and pour our glasses. The atmosphere is great, the service is horrible & the food was just okay. After speaking with our waiter, Rick, we were told the manager was made aware of our displeasure with the service, & you guessed it, the manager never came over either!
- DeliciousRokoVIPDined on 9/25/2014The food and service were excellent and the location to ART was unbeatable!Special Features:
- Tuscany in Cambridge!NaniDined on 9/25/2014Was offered to taste 2 wines right away when I asked about 1! Great wait staff! Appetizers 3 out of 4 were fabulous, one salad a bit too plain, main courses 3 out of 4 were delicious w/out getting too Italian!! The salmon wasn't cooked all the way thru on one dish but I have to say I would return & try more dishes…as liked the menu offerings & found it affordable too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Cambridge venueBosmanDined on 9/20/2014We visited after the matinee at the ART. Very convenient to the theatre. Atmosphere and food was excellent, prices were good value for the quality of fare. Service was very attentive and pleasant but it took a long time for the food to arrive. We had to leave before dessert and coffee as it had taken so long to get the first two courses. We would certainly try it again based on our overall enjoyment of the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toscano in Harvard SquareNicksReviewsDined on 9/19/2014So many dishes from which to choose on the menu at this wonderful new addition to the already-hot Harvard Square dining scene. The décor has a "no-expenses-spared" look, reminiscent of its Beacon Hill venue. We were going to the theater afterward, so I chose a relatively light Pasta e Fagiole as my main course, and doubled the size of what's listed as an appetizer. It was perfect, even though the beans and vegetables were pureed, and not left whole as I prefer. In any case, it was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/19/2014Close to A.R.T. Bread and pasta great. Artichoke appetizer tough. But overall, very good!Special Features:
- HarsquarDined on 9/19/2014A great evening. Food and service excellent! Would recommend to all that visits the square.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014food and service were excellent. was glad i went and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pasta and risottooscarWineDined on 9/14/2014It was a pleasant surprised! Great pasta and risotto, outstanding. Very good wine list. Service was so very nice and helpful in everyway. Not expensive at all for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- craigwVIPDined on 9/14/2014An excellent dining experience with delicious food and superior service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So happy!LeeLeeVIPDined on 9/13/2014We were so happy we had lunch at Toscano prior to seeing a matinee at the ART. The wine and pasta were perfect and we loved the restaurant's interior design. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topnotch spot in Harvard Square.dineoutdinerVIPDined on 9/10/2014Excellent, as always. Exceptionally good, friendly, efficient service, and outstanding food. Perfect for pre-theatre (or post-) dining. Only my 2nd time there, but certainly not the last!Special Features:
- cannot be beatloulouDined on 9/9/2014if need a spot near ART with very good food and quick service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice - Great LocationJeffGDined on 9/9/2014If you are attending one of the theaters in this area, this is the GO-TO restaurant. Everything from the service to the wine to the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 9/7/2014Brought party of 4 for my wife's birthday. Asked twice to have the a/c turned down to no avail - it was freezing. Waitress should present printed list of specials - impossible to catch them on the fly. Too noisy. They did bring my wife complementary gelato with candle. Also got 15% off from Loeb Drama Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitCambridgeRezDined on 9/5/2014I first went to Toscano with a friend for a quick bite and sat at the bar. What we both ordered was delicious. So when I was planning to have dinner with suburban friends I suggested we go there. Unfortunately the food was average - the sole was over-battered; the presentation of the food was below average generally. Probably will not return in a hurry.Special Features:
- The Rigatoni was life changing!napVTDined on 9/5/2014This is a beautiful restaurant though a little bit on the loud side. The bathrooms are exquisite! The waiter immediately asked if we needed to catch a show (we did) so he could make sure to have the check to us in plenty of time. This was greatly appreciated! I ordered the Rigatoni Toscano because of the great online reviews and nearly cried at the first bite... pure perfection! That in itself will ensure a return visit!! The bread and house pinor noir was also delicious! We each had an appetizer, pasta, I had a glass of wine and my boyfriend had a cocktail and the bill was VERY reasonable. I'm only disappointed that I didn't have room left to try the white chocolate blueberry dessert I've heard so much about!Special Features:
- food44Dined on 9/5/2014I loved the feel of the place. The service was wonderful and well timed. A great spot for dinner before the theater. The specials were varied and interesting. The members of our party enjoyed halibut specials, salmon as well as a pasta special with wild boars meat and juniper berries that was outstanding. I intend to return to explore the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningHairgrrlVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food at Toscano was great! From the meatballs to the pasta dishes, our family had a happy full belly .. luckily we saved room for dessert. Our server Robinson was so attentive and engaging, he made the evening complete!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!SpidaDined on 8/30/2014Whether you are going to The American Repertory Theater (just a block away) or spending time in beautiful Harvard Square, Toscano is the perfect place to dine. The service was impeccable, the food was first rate (we are Italian!), and the ambiance was elegantly comfortable; brick, pretty lighting, white table clothes and huge windows that open up to the scenic view of sunny, historic Harvard Square. A perfect lunch before a matinee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experience!StephenDined on 8/30/2014I'd been wanting to try the restaurant for a while, due to it's inviting and authentic Italian atmosphere. I finally decided to take my teenage son there for his birthday, followed by a double feature of "The Godfather" and Godfather II" at the Brattle Theatre. The food surpassed my expectations, and the wine I tried was sublime (I'm quite picky with reds). Service was wonderful as well. All in all, highly recommended--I will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Good not greatChubbyBlakeDined on 8/27/2014The food was good, but not great. It did not meet my expectations. The decor reminded me of the Cheesecake Factory: oversized decorative elements in gaudy color pallets.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerJIO3Dined on 8/26/2014Celebrated a birthday with family at this restaurant. The food was excellent - good variety and well prepared. Wait staff was very attentive without being obtrusive. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great addition to Harvard SquareCAandMAVIPDined on 8/26/2014Excellent food close to the A.R.T Theatre. Now that A.R.T is staging great shows regularly, it is wonderful to have another high caliber restaurant in walking distance. Italian dishes prepared with great finesse and a lively atmosphere that can get a bit noisy as the evening progresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EddieDined on 8/26/2014Service and food were excellent. Waiter asked we were going to the ART, because the show start time would mean we need to order without delay. Smart and good services.Special Features:
- Toscano - Harvard SquareSuzySDined on 8/24/2014We've been customers of Toscano on Charles Street for years. This was our first visit to the 2nd location in Cambridge and it was excellent! Decor is reminiscent of the original restaurant and the menu and preparation is identical. The restaurant fits well into the Harvard Square scene with large windows in the front that open up to bring the outdoors in. A very warm, vibrant place. We came for Restaurant Week with family and it was just as wonderful as any meal we've had in the Boston restaurant. Watch out for the fig martini - one of our all time favorite cocktails - it packs a punch but soooo good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My first time eating at Toscano -- very nice. Window table, attentive and friendly waitress, the food was delicious. I've walked past it dozens of times -- finally a friend mentioned how good it was and I went. Glad I did.Special Features:
- Naples1VIPDined on 8/22/2014Beautiful decor, excellent food, very attentive wait staffSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!LightfootVIPDined on 8/21/2014Toscana is better than just about every venue in the North End and you can't even put it in the same category as the over-priced, pretentious, "corporate" pretenders on the waterfront. I highly recommend!! Service was fantastic, the food even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Italian restaurantNewtonSteveDined on 8/21/2014We chose Toscano for dinner before a show at the A.R.T. Let me start with the negatives. First, the A/C vent dripped condensation right where my wife was seated. My wife changed her seat,solving the problem. Lucky we were not a foursome. Though service was good, we had to wait a bit for dessert, a minor annoyance. Now, for the food. Both of us had absolutely delectable main dishes. Mine was swordfish and it was cooked perfectly! I have not had such great swordfish in years. My wife had veal. I tasted a bit and was blown away by the flavor and the "melt in the mouth" texture. For starters, the pappa al pomodoro (tomato bread soup) was seasoned to perfection, but the caprese was a bit bland and lacked balsamic.Special Features: