Toscano Harvard Square
52 Brattle St.
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Toscano Harvard Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://toscanoboston.com/harvard-square/
- Phone: 6173545250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 3:45PM; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Story St.
- Public Transit: The T: Redline to "Harvard Sq."
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking available nightly starting at 6:00. Valet is located in front of the restaurant on the corner of Brattle St. and Story St. Valet Charge $16
Validated Parking available at University Place Garage.
124 Mt. Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Enter Before 4pm Mon- Fri: 0-1 Hr. $4.00, 1-5 Hr. $13.00, After 5 Hrs. 2$ off regular rate.
Enter After 4PM Mon-Fri and all Day on Weekends: 0-1Hr. $4.00, 1+Hrs. $9.00
A word from Toscano Harvard Square
A stone’s throw from Harvard’s ivied walls, surrounded by the bustling eateries, shops, and confectioners on Brattle Street (once called the King’s Road), Toscano’s second location brings the bright, fresh flavors of Tuscany to historic Cambridge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Toscano Harvard Square reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)neighborhood gem (90)fit for foodies (87)romantic (65)great for lunch (59)notable wine list (54)good for groups (34)hot spot (26)scenic view (20)great for brunch (18)vibrant bar scene (17)great for outdoor dining (15)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Exceptional!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014Whether you are going to The American Repertory Theater (just a block away) or spending time in beautiful Harvard Square, Toscano is the perfect place to dine. The service was impeccable, the food was first rate (we are Italian!), and the ambiance was elegantly comfortable; brick, pretty lighting, white table clothes and huge windows that open up to the scenic view of sunny, historic Harvard Square. A perfect lunch before a matinee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great addition to Harvard SquareCAandMAVIPDined on 8/26/2014Excellent food close to the A.R.T Theatre. Now that A.R.T is staging great shows regularly, it is wonderful to have another high caliber restaurant in walking distance. Italian dishes prepared with great finesse and a lively atmosphere that can get a bit noisy as the evening progresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EddieDined on 8/26/2014Service and food were excellent. Waiter asked we were going to the ART, because the show start time would mean we need to order without delay. Smart and good services.Special Features:
- Toscano - Harvard SquareSuzySDined on 8/24/2014We've been customers of Toscano on Charles Street for years. This was our first visit to the 2nd location in Cambridge and it was excellent! Decor is reminiscent of the original restaurant and the menu and preparation is identical. The restaurant fits well into the Harvard Square scene with large windows in the front that open up to bring the outdoors in. A very warm, vibrant place. We came for Restaurant Week with family and it was just as wonderful as any meal we've had in the Boston restaurant. Watch out for the fig martini - one of our all time favorite cocktails - it packs a punch but soooo good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My first time eating at Toscano -- very nice. Window table, attentive and friendly waitress, the food was delicious. I've walked past it dozens of times -- finally a friend mentioned how good it was and I went. Glad I did.Special Features:
- Naples1VIPDined on 8/22/2014Beautiful decor, excellent food, very attentive wait staffSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!LightfootVIPDined on 8/21/2014Toscana is better than just about every venue in the North End and you can't even put it in the same category as the over-priced, pretentious, "corporate" pretenders on the waterfront. I highly recommend!! Service was fantastic, the food even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Italian restaurantNewtonSteveDined on 8/21/2014We chose Toscano for dinner before a show at the A.R.T. Let me start with the negatives. First, the A/C vent dripped condensation right where my wife was seated. My wife changed her seat,solving the problem. Lucky we were not a foursome. Though service was good, we had to wait a bit for dessert, a minor annoyance. Now, for the food. Both of us had absolutely delectable main dishes. Mine was swordfish and it was cooked perfectly! I have not had such great swordfish in years. My wife had veal. I tasted a bit and was blown away by the flavor and the "melt in the mouth" texture. For starters, the pappa al pomodoro (tomato bread soup) was seasoned to perfection, but the caprese was a bit bland and lacked balsamic.Special Features:
- DelphicDogDined on 8/18/2014I met an old college friend for dinner at the Toscano in Cambridge. We simply could not have enjoyed a finer evening. Superb food, attentive staff, gorgeous setting. I highly recommend Toscano.Special Features:
- Oppi328VIPDined on 8/17/2014Toscano Harvard Square is a fantastic restaurant! The food is always fresh and beautifully prepared! I enjoyed my burrata salad. The cheese and the tomatoes were better than they are at any other restaurant! My husband had a green salad with olives. For our entrees, my husband had the baked eggplant appetizer which is one of Toscano's signature dishes. It has no carbs at all and is served hot in a baking dish! I had veal scallopinni limone, and I thoroughly enjoyed every bite! I had a tiaramisu for dessert! It was decadent!Special Features:
- A real treatHudsontravelersVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went to Toscanos for an early dinner after the ART theater. They were accommodating of my not being sure when we would get there. Even though there was an evening performance and they had many reservations, we never felt rushed. The food was delicious, and the waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. The manager and the maître both checked in on us. We would definitely return when in Cambridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LeneDined on 8/14/2014I had previously been to Toscano's once for lunch and loved it. This time I brought sister and nieces. We all loved it! The eggplant and 2 different pastas we got were incredibly delicious. Waitstaff were very helpful and attentive and offered to split our spaghetti for us since were sharing. We got there early and were able to get one of the partially outdoors tables. I am still thinking about the food 2 days later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WebbDined on 8/13/2014Very pleasant atmosphere. Great wait staff and advantage of 1/2 portion sizes on menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet high expectationsleodinerDined on 8/9/2014We read and heard several favorable reviews of the restaurant. The setting and service were lovely. The wine recommendation was great. Our food was okay - nothing special. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing but both my dish and my daughters were rather unimaginative. My pasta was underseasoned. The ravioli with duck sauce (my son's dish) was delicious. We did appreciate their seating us early.
- A Pre-Theatre Hot SpotTheStewardVIPDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant offers a discount for ART pre-theatre dining, so you need to book really early if you want a table. And it is worth getting a table. Service is excellent. When a manager saw us looking for our server, he immediately came over and asked how he could help us. Water glasses were never allowed to get below half full. The wine pour is 250 ml, which is a generous third of a bottle. The food was excellent. This is a white table restaurant with reasonable prices and fine dining service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really really bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014We were very disappointed with the service, truly awful. Never even got the breadbasket the other tables got. Very inattentive server that never refilled water, asked if we wanted more cocktails, never once checked on us once our food arrived, and took over 20 minutes between leaving the bill and then coming back to get it (we placed our card in immediately). That being said, IT WASN'T EVEN THAT CROWDED.
- Pre theatre diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We ate at Toscano prior to attending a play at A.R.T. Which is just down the street. We were running 20 minutes late due to traffic. They called, held our table, and although very busy, they made sure we had plenty of time to make the play. The service was super and we were not rushed. The food was uniformly excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every waytheaterloverDined on 8/8/2014We entertained visiting relatives prior to our night at the ART Theater. We all loved everything about the restaurant. My cousin especially enjoyed the fact that there is an extensive list of wines - and that they can be purchased by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousartsnmindsDined on 8/7/2014Although I've walked by many times, I had not yet eaten here. What a delight! The waiter immediately recognized that we were on a tight timeline. The food and drinks came promptly and were a treat. My friend ordered a coffee drink for dessert, though which took longer than it should have. Still, I will surely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italy w/out going to the North endmdb59Dined on 8/6/2014First time at the Cambridge location and we loved it. Had a couple of the dinner specials which is the way to go, just make sure you ask how much each item is prior to ordering as they can range from $20 - $40. We had to ask to add ice in our water, which shouldn't have been necessary, maybe just a bit of inexperience from the waitstaff. Had the sirloin steak special with wonderful mushroom sauce, would recommend the kitchen use a smaller piece of meat, of better quality like a tenderloin as the secret in this dish was the wonderful sauce. I would like to come back and try the pastas next time.Special Features:
- Fabulous wines & incredible serviceBostonFoodistaDined on 8/3/2014We had an excellent dining experience at Toscano after attending a local theatre. The Maitre'd seated us at the best table while we wait for a friend to arrive. The waiter was solicitous and kind, offering suggestions that met our tastes. The apps were delicious, pasta al dentethe wines superb. Th eonly draw back was our fillets tasted of the gas used for cooking. We will definitely be returning to Toscano for their wine, service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GratsiShare67Dined on 8/3/2014We had a marvelous time at Toscana on Sunday. Our waiter, Alex, took extremely good care of my wife and two children. The wine list was excellent and the food was spectacular. We enjoyed the melon and prosciutto and the meatballs especially. Great to know there are two locations. We will dine there anytime we make it back to Boston. CheersSpecial Features:
- Nice!FabulousVIPDined on 8/2/2014First time eating here pre-theater, we will be back. Service was very professional while remaining pleasant, food was tasty and nicely plated, can't believe we'd never been before!Special Features:
- A Solid BDeborahDined on 8/1/2014The $33 pre-fixe pre-theater menu is a good value. The food is generally good, but lacking close attention in preparation. Arugula leaves were a bit limp and pork was dangerously undercooked. Portions of both food and wine are generous. Service was erratic. We were seated--at a lovely table we had reserved--for 10 minutes before water was poured or there was any acknowledgement. Salads arrived before wine, even though wine had been ordered before any food. On the other hand, the waiter was knowledgeable and congenial. I would eat there again, but there is room for improvement.Special Features:
- Toscano's in Brattle StreetmegliodelBelPaese1Dined on 7/31/2014I know Toscano's from the Charles Street location. I was happy when it opened in Harvard Square. I go to Toscano's for my business lunches. I have not been there for dinner, yet! Some of the things I truly appreciate about this restaurant are: a) a very clean environment; b) tables with tablecloths, in the best Italian tradition and something one often does not even find at expensive US restaurants, which I find disheartening; c) good food prepared with care (the vitello tonnato is superb!); d) the option of a quiet room in the back; d) most of all, a very attentive and welcoming staff. Keep it up, Toscano's. You do honor to the best of all there is in the Bel Paese.Special Features:
- RingoDined on 7/29/2014We really enjoyed the delicious food and wine at Toscano. Our server Sam was outstanding and patient as we had a member of our party arrive late. Thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and servicefamilyoffourDined on 7/28/2014Being a family with 4 children, we are not always welcomed into nicer restaurants. The hostess was very welcoming upon our arrival and we found the service to be spectacular. The food was very good-everyone really enjoyed their meal.Special Features:
- Nice ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Great service, very friendly and knowledgeable waiter. The pasta and the fish were all all very fresh and tasty.Special Features:
- Great Pre Theater GemMitchSVIPDined on 7/26/2014Love Toscano Harvard Square. Not only is the food fabulous, the service attentive and the bread incredible, but it is walking distance from Harvad Square and to the American Repertory Theater.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK Italian in Harvard SquareParisienHonoraireDined on 7/25/2014Verdure alla griglia appetizer was OK. The grilled tuna had been previously frozen, lacked texture, and wasn't the highest quality. For $28, frankly, I expected a little more care in the cooking. Plus the vegetables served on the side duplicated the verdure appetizer, which the waiter might have pointed out.
- Never disappointswam739Dined on 7/22/2014Fantastic service, excellent wine list and recommendations. Food and specials wonderful and innovative.Special Features:
- Experience to Rememberkiwi816Dined on 7/22/2014I went there last Tuesday with two of my friends with a reservation. We had a meeting at 7:15, so we were in a slight rush, and I am amazed at the quality of service we received. They were able to get us in and out at the times that I requested through the reservation. The food was fantastic as well. My vongole had the perfect al dente, and my friends loved their meals as well. The only concern was at the end of our meal, they got the dessert wrong, so the service loses a point there. However, overall it was a very enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- Good but heavy on the fatOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/20/2014Would taste better with less butter and salt-- get to the real seasonings.
- Oppi328VIPDined on 7/20/2014Toscano Harvard Square is normally one of our favorite restaurants. The service is very professional, and the atmosphere is nice. My favorite appetizer is the baked eggplant. It is warm and tasty, and it does not have any breadcrumbs which is great! My husband ordered gnocchi for his appetizer, and he really enjoyed it. He ordered sautéed softshell crabs for his meal, and we decided to split them so we each got one. The big disappointment of the evening, however, was the veal chop that I ordered. It was stuffed with prosciutto and cheese, but it was not a rib chop. It was a loin chop. It came extremely undercooked, and I had to send it back. Then, it was tough. I ended up spitting most of it out on my plate. They took it off the bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceJeffDined on 7/18/2014Perfect service. Wonderful food. Will keep going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceIrishgirlVIPDined on 7/18/2014Took a friend out for her birthday and wanted it tobe special. I'd been here before for lunch during restaurant week and my friends and I loved it. The service was impeccable, the food delicious and the restaurant decor was lovely. The bread salad is so different and so good as was the wild boar ragu and veal with lemon. Very freshSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good spaghetti, soft riceAndreaDined on 7/13/2014Very good quality for pasta and risotto with fish, but rice was really too cooked and therefore too soft. Perfect service.
- Samuel is the best waiter ever!!!Colldoll1987Dined on 7/12/2014First off our server what a guy!!!!! Honestly he is the best waiter I've ever had at any restaurant! My husband and I went to grill23 Friday night and the experience we had with Samuel at your restaurant was a thousand times better then the grille23! He made great recommendations from the wine, to the apps, to sauces and entrée! All I can say is this gentlemen made our anniversary weekend something to remember forever. We will return and will request that magnificent waiter!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ToscanoOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014Very slow to take an order. Overcooked breaded veal. Match up with a fresh salad is not the best choice of sides. Nice ambiance.Special Features:
- 4 very poor meals. Sad I went :(OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/11/2014Meal 1 - my husband's) linguine with porcini mushrooms - these were NOT porcini mushrooms, they were flavorless little round buttony mushrooms. Linguine was also flavorless. Meal 2 - my mom) gnocchi with tomato sauce - the premade ones from Trader Joes are better. Tomato sauce flavorless. Meal 3 - mine) salsiccia pizza, with mushrooms added - same bad mushrooms. Homemade sausage good. But pizza not special - was wishing I had just done takeout from Emma's or Area 4. Meal 4 - my dad) linguine lobster special - didn't taste, but looked like same flavorless linguine. Bread was good. Tricolor salad was fine. If you must go, sit and bar and have bread and a drink.Special Features: