Toscano Harvard Square
52 Brattle St.
Cambridge, MA 02138Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Toscano Harvard Square
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://toscanoboston.com/harvard-square/
- Phone: 6173545250
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 11:30AM - 3:45PM; Dinner: Nightly: 4:00PM - 10:00PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: Story St.
- Public Transit: The T: Redline to "Harvard Sq."
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: Valet parking available nightly starting at 6:00. Valet is located in front of the restaurant on the corner of Brattle St. and Story St. Valet Charge $16
Validated Parking available at University Place Garage.
124 Mt. Auburn St.
Cambridge, MA 02138
Enter Before 4pm Mon- Fri: 0-1 Hr. $4.00, 1-5 Hr. $13.00, After 5 Hrs. 2$ off regular rate.
Enter After 4PM Mon-Fri and all Day on Weekends: 0-1Hr. $4.00, 1+Hrs. $9.00
A word from Toscano Harvard Square
A stone’s throw from Harvard’s ivied walls, surrounded by the bustling eateries, shops, and confectioners on Brattle Street (once called the King’s Road), Toscano’s second location brings the bright, fresh flavors of Tuscany to historic Cambridge.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Toscano Harvard Square reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)neighborhood gem (92)fit for foodies (87)romantic (65)notable wine list (60)great for lunch (57)good for groups (34)hot spot (28)vibrant bar scene (19)scenic view (17)great for brunch (15)great for outdoor dining (14)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/17/2014food and service were excellent. was glad i went and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great pasta and risottooscarWineDined on 9/14/2014It was a pleasant surprised! Great pasta and risotto, outstanding. Very good wine list. Service was so very nice and helpful in everyway. Not expensive at all for what you get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- craigwVIPDined on 9/14/2014An excellent dining experience with delicious food and superior service. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topnotch spot in Harvard Square.dineoutdinerVIPDined on 9/10/2014Excellent, as always. Exceptionally good, friendly, efficient service, and outstanding food. Perfect for pre-theatre (or post-) dining. Only my 2nd time there, but certainly not the last!Special Features:
- cannot be beatloulouDined on 9/9/2014if need a spot near ART with very good food and quick service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Choice - Great LocationJeffGDined on 9/9/2014If you are attending one of the theaters in this area, this is the GO-TO restaurant. Everything from the service to the wine to the food was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BillDined on 9/7/2014Brought party of 4 for my wife's birthday. Asked twice to have the a/c turned down to no avail - it was freezing. Waitress should present printed list of specials - impossible to catch them on the fly. Too noisy. They did bring my wife complementary gelato with candle. Also got 15% off from Loeb Drama Center.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second visitCambridgeRezDined on 9/5/2014I first went to Toscano with a friend for a quick bite and sat at the bar. What we both ordered was delicious. So when I was planning to have dinner with suburban friends I suggested we go there. Unfortunately the food was average - the sole was over-battered; the presentation of the food was below average generally. Probably will not return in a hurry.Special Features:
- The Rigatoni was life changing!napVTDined on 9/5/2014This is a beautiful restaurant though a little bit on the loud side. The bathrooms are exquisite! The waiter immediately asked if we needed to catch a show (we did) so he could make sure to have the check to us in plenty of time. This was greatly appreciated! I ordered the Rigatoni Toscano because of the great online reviews and nearly cried at the first bite... pure perfection! That in itself will ensure a return visit!! The bread and house pinor noir was also delicious! We each had an appetizer, pasta, I had a glass of wine and my boyfriend had a cocktail and the bill was VERY reasonable. I'm only disappointed that I didn't have room left to try the white chocolate blueberry dessert I've heard so much about!Special Features:
- food44Dined on 9/5/2014I loved the feel of the place. The service was wonderful and well timed. A great spot for dinner before the theater. The specials were varied and interesting. The members of our party enjoyed halibut specials, salmon as well as a pasta special with wild boars meat and juniper berries that was outstanding. I intend to return to explore the rest of the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eveningHairgrrlVIPDined on 9/3/2014The food at Toscano was great! From the meatballs to the pasta dishes, our family had a happy full belly .. luckily we saved room for dessert. Our server Robinson was so attentive and engaging, he made the evening complete!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional!SpidaDined on 8/30/2014Whether you are going to The American Repertory Theater (just a block away) or spending time in beautiful Harvard Square, Toscano is the perfect place to dine. The service was impeccable, the food was first rate (we are Italian!), and the ambiance was elegantly comfortable; brick, pretty lighting, white table clothes and huge windows that open up to the scenic view of sunny, historic Harvard Square. A perfect lunch before a matinee.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable experience!StephenDined on 8/30/2014I'd been wanting to try the restaurant for a while, due to it's inviting and authentic Italian atmosphere. I finally decided to take my teenage son there for his birthday, followed by a double feature of "The Godfather" and Godfather II" at the Brattle Theatre. The food surpassed my expectations, and the wine I tried was sublime (I'm quite picky with reds). Service was wonderful as well. All in all, highly recommended--I will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Good not greatChubbyBlakeDined on 8/27/2014The food was good, but not great. It did not meet my expectations. The decor reminded me of the Cheesecake Factory: oversized decorative elements in gaudy color pallets.Special Features:
- Great birthday dinnerJIO3Dined on 8/26/2014Celebrated a birthday with family at this restaurant. The food was excellent - good variety and well prepared. Wait staff was very attentive without being obtrusive. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great addition to Harvard SquareCAandMAVIPDined on 8/26/2014Excellent food close to the A.R.T Theatre. Now that A.R.T is staging great shows regularly, it is wonderful to have another high caliber restaurant in walking distance. Italian dishes prepared with great finesse and a lively atmosphere that can get a bit noisy as the evening progresses.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EddieDined on 8/26/2014Service and food were excellent. Waiter asked we were going to the ART, because the show start time would mean we need to order without delay. Smart and good services.Special Features:
- Toscano - Harvard SquareSuzySDined on 8/24/2014We've been customers of Toscano on Charles Street for years. This was our first visit to the 2nd location in Cambridge and it was excellent! Decor is reminiscent of the original restaurant and the menu and preparation is identical. The restaurant fits well into the Harvard Square scene with large windows in the front that open up to bring the outdoors in. A very warm, vibrant place. We came for Restaurant Week with family and it was just as wonderful as any meal we've had in the Boston restaurant. Watch out for the fig martini - one of our all time favorite cocktails - it packs a punch but soooo good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014My first time eating at Toscano -- very nice. Window table, attentive and friendly waitress, the food was delicious. I've walked past it dozens of times -- finally a friend mentioned how good it was and I went. Glad I did.Special Features:
- Naples1VIPDined on 8/22/2014Beautiful decor, excellent food, very attentive wait staffSpecial Features:
- Outstanding!LightfootVIPDined on 8/21/2014Toscana is better than just about every venue in the North End and you can't even put it in the same category as the over-priced, pretentious, "corporate" pretenders on the waterfront. I highly recommend!! Service was fantastic, the food even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great Italian restaurantNewtonSteveDined on 8/21/2014We chose Toscano for dinner before a show at the A.R.T. Let me start with the negatives. First, the A/C vent dripped condensation right where my wife was seated. My wife changed her seat,solving the problem. Lucky we were not a foursome. Though service was good, we had to wait a bit for dessert, a minor annoyance. Now, for the food. Both of us had absolutely delectable main dishes. Mine was swordfish and it was cooked perfectly! I have not had such great swordfish in years. My wife had veal. I tasted a bit and was blown away by the flavor and the "melt in the mouth" texture. For starters, the pappa al pomodoro (tomato bread soup) was seasoned to perfection, but the caprese was a bit bland and lacked balsamic.Special Features:
- DelphicDogDined on 8/18/2014I met an old college friend for dinner at the Toscano in Cambridge. We simply could not have enjoyed a finer evening. Superb food, attentive staff, gorgeous setting. I highly recommend Toscano.Special Features:
- Oppi328VIPDined on 8/17/2014Toscano Harvard Square is a fantastic restaurant! The food is always fresh and beautifully prepared! I enjoyed my burrata salad. The cheese and the tomatoes were better than they are at any other restaurant! My husband had a green salad with olives. For our entrees, my husband had the baked eggplant appetizer which is one of Toscano's signature dishes. It has no carbs at all and is served hot in a baking dish! I had veal scallopinni limone, and I thoroughly enjoyed every bite! I had a tiaramisu for dessert! It was decadent!Special Features:
- A real treatHudsontravelersVIPDined on 8/16/2014We went to Toscanos for an early dinner after the ART theater. They were accommodating of my not being sure when we would get there. Even though there was an evening performance and they had many reservations, we never felt rushed. The food was delicious, and the waiter was knowledgeable and attentive. The manager and the maître both checked in on us. We would definitely return when in Cambridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LeneDined on 8/14/2014I had previously been to Toscano's once for lunch and loved it. This time I brought sister and nieces. We all loved it! The eggplant and 2 different pastas we got were incredibly delicious. Waitstaff were very helpful and attentive and offered to split our spaghetti for us since were sharing. We got there early and were able to get one of the partially outdoors tables. I am still thinking about the food 2 days later!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WebbDined on 8/13/2014Very pleasant atmosphere. Great wait staff and advantage of 1/2 portion sizes on menu items.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Did not meet high expectationsleodinerDined on 8/9/2014We read and heard several favorable reviews of the restaurant. The setting and service were lovely. The wine recommendation was great. Our food was okay - nothing special. Maybe I ordered the wrong thing but both my dish and my daughters were rather unimaginative. My pasta was underseasoned. The ravioli with duck sauce (my son's dish) was delicious. We did appreciate their seating us early.
- A Pre-Theatre Hot SpotTheStewardVIPDined on 8/9/2014The restaurant offers a discount for ART pre-theatre dining, so you need to book really early if you want a table. And it is worth getting a table. Service is excellent. When a manager saw us looking for our server, he immediately came over and asked how he could help us. Water glasses were never allowed to get below half full. The wine pour is 250 ml, which is a generous third of a bottle. The food was excellent. This is a white table restaurant with reasonable prices and fine dining service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really really bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/8/2014We were very disappointed with the service, truly awful. Never even got the breadbasket the other tables got. Very inattentive server that never refilled water, asked if we wanted more cocktails, never once checked on us once our food arrived, and took over 20 minutes between leaving the bill and then coming back to get it (we placed our card in immediately). That being said, IT WASN'T EVEN THAT CROWDED.
- Pre theatre diningOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/8/2014We ate at Toscano prior to attending a play at A.R.T. Which is just down the street. We were running 20 minutes late due to traffic. They called, held our table, and although very busy, they made sure we had plenty of time to make the play. The service was super and we were not rushed. The food was uniformly excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in every waytheaterloverDined on 8/8/2014We entertained visiting relatives prior to our night at the ART Theater. We all loved everything about the restaurant. My cousin especially enjoyed the fact that there is an extensive list of wines - and that they can be purchased by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousartsnmindsDined on 8/7/2014Although I've walked by many times, I had not yet eaten here. What a delight! The waiter immediately recognized that we were on a tight timeline. The food and drinks came promptly and were a treat. My friend ordered a coffee drink for dessert, though which took longer than it should have. Still, I will surely return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- italy w/out going to the North endmdb59Dined on 8/6/2014First time at the Cambridge location and we loved it. Had a couple of the dinner specials which is the way to go, just make sure you ask how much each item is prior to ordering as they can range from $20 - $40. We had to ask to add ice in our water, which shouldn't have been necessary, maybe just a bit of inexperience from the waitstaff. Had the sirloin steak special with wonderful mushroom sauce, would recommend the kitchen use a smaller piece of meat, of better quality like a tenderloin as the secret in this dish was the wonderful sauce. I would like to come back and try the pastas next time.Special Features:
- Fabulous wines & incredible serviceBostonFoodistaDined on 8/3/2014We had an excellent dining experience at Toscano after attending a local theatre. The Maitre'd seated us at the best table while we wait for a friend to arrive. The waiter was solicitous and kind, offering suggestions that met our tastes. The apps were delicious, pasta al dentethe wines superb. Th eonly draw back was our fillets tasted of the gas used for cooking. We will definitely be returning to Toscano for their wine, service and food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GratsiShare67Dined on 8/3/2014We had a marvelous time at Toscana on Sunday. Our waiter, Alex, took extremely good care of my wife and two children. The wine list was excellent and the food was spectacular. We enjoyed the melon and prosciutto and the meatballs especially. Great to know there are two locations. We will dine there anytime we make it back to Boston. CheersSpecial Features:
- Nice!FabulousVIPDined on 8/2/2014First time eating here pre-theater, we will be back. Service was very professional while remaining pleasant, food was tasty and nicely plated, can't believe we'd never been before!Special Features:
- A Solid BDeborahDined on 8/1/2014The $33 pre-fixe pre-theater menu is a good value. The food is generally good, but lacking close attention in preparation. Arugula leaves were a bit limp and pork was dangerously undercooked. Portions of both food and wine are generous. Service was erratic. We were seated--at a lovely table we had reserved--for 10 minutes before water was poured or there was any acknowledgement. Salads arrived before wine, even though wine had been ordered before any food. On the other hand, the waiter was knowledgeable and congenial. I would eat there again, but there is room for improvement.Special Features:
- Toscano's in Brattle StreetmegliodelBelPaese1Dined on 7/31/2014I know Toscano's from the Charles Street location. I was happy when it opened in Harvard Square. I go to Toscano's for my business lunches. I have not been there for dinner, yet! Some of the things I truly appreciate about this restaurant are: a) a very clean environment; b) tables with tablecloths, in the best Italian tradition and something one often does not even find at expensive US restaurants, which I find disheartening; c) good food prepared with care (the vitello tonnato is superb!); d) the option of a quiet room in the back; d) most of all, a very attentive and welcoming staff. Keep it up, Toscano's. You do honor to the best of all there is in the Bel Paese.Special Features:
- RingoDined on 7/29/2014We really enjoyed the delicious food and wine at Toscano. Our server Sam was outstanding and patient as we had a member of our party arrive late. Thank you very much.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.