3 Bourbon St
Peabody, MA 01960Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.toscanaspeabody.com/
- Phone: 9785350731x1
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Wednesday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Thursday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Private Room, Wine
- Catering: Full service catering available. Corporate and residential available 7 days a week with FREE DELIVERY!
A word from Toscana's Ristorante
Our philosophy is: Always Fresh, Never Frozen... to never cut corners and always do things the old school Italian way. All sauces, dressings, ravioli and desserts are made from scratch, daily. You can be sure that anything you eat today, was prepared today.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Toscana's Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
46 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (31)good for groups (18)fit for foodies (17)special occasion (17)romantic (10)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)notable wine list (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (3)late-night find (3)great for brunch (2)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/14/2014Restaurant was nice, service was good, and the food was great! Overall great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodBLVNUDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I love this place. We just went and Celebrated our 10 Year anniversary with another couple. The food is outstanding, Freshly made, good sauce, aromatic and good prices. A Pleasure for your senses. The only drawback I have for this place is it gets loud enough that you cannot hear each other. They have a huge bar where you can go and drink and order food as well. It however gets too loud at times. But we love this place and that is why we continue to go. .Special Features:
- Off the beaten pathLPDPaulVIPDined on 10/4/2014Great restaurant in a somewhat hidden location - give them a shot because they're thriving OFF the main road. Great food, great service, very attentive wait/bus staff, wife and I had a great dinner. It can be a little tight with table spacing and, while it is great, it's a bit on the noisy side on a Saturday night. Neither of these comments should put you off from clearly heartfelt and authentic Italian cuisine!Special Features:
- Work social eventLynnfoodiesDined on 10/3/2014We had a great time ! We were 7 colleagues who met , loved the round table so everybody could connect. The service was outstanding re food as well as wine suggestions. We also had the opportunity to taste the wines before. We sampled many different dishes, and it was superb. The menu gave each of us the opportunity to experiment, those who wanted to stick with trusted favorites were accommodated as well. We will definitely return there; thank you for making our Friday night such a delight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Salad verde and risotto were yummymiddletonfoodiesDined on 9/19/2014We enjoyed toscanas. Food was good. Two things...my husband thought portion could be slightly larger. My portion of risotto was perfect did not finish it actually. He had a seafood dish and said he was still hungry. We had a small incident regarding our children. Menu states kids meals are $8.99 and include a drink. We were charged for adult portions I believe although my daughters chic parm was certainly not an adult portion. Think 14.99 for her and 12.49 for my other daughters spaghetti and meatballs. The waiter whom was awesome throughout our service fixed it but looked a bit annoyed. There was a young man (possibly manager) speaking to the diners. He was very pleasant and we enjoyed speaking to him. Very kind and nice man!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs workOTfanaticVIPDined on 9/16/2014We just wanted a light meal after a day of traveling. My ravioli were very good. The chicken minestrone had very little flavor and the chicken was dried out. Two green salads were wilted. The bruschetta looked good but the pink tomatoes shouldn't have been on the menu. Only one of the four of us enjoyed the meal.
- Cherylcc01915Dined on 9/13/2014Everything from Cocktails, Appetizer, main course, right thru Dessert, was excellent. The serves was the Best also. I would definitely return to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lovely mealhpycamperDined on 9/12/2014The food is always delicious. Haven't had anything I didn't like yet. It's our go-to place for most our nights out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- experiencedVIPDined on 9/8/2014We knew, when we entered the dimly lit parking lot, that this might not be a top choice - there were no cars outside. Menu was limited - an Italian restaurant that did not make garlic bread should have been the final tip-off. Veal was frozen cutlets and I suspect that the sauce was store bought. Beware of this hidden wreck!
- What a great surprise!joyjoyDined on 8/30/2014I needed a restaurant that would take reservations on a Saturday. Went through open table and found Toscano. Food was incredible and the prices so reasonable it certainly exceeded my expectations. No room for dessert which certainly says so etching about quality and quantity. I NEVER write reviews, and this restaurant with such a fine, I need to tell himSpecial Features:
- Great restaurant!Care1712Dined on 8/30/2014The food is delicious and our waitress, Christine, who we always try to get, is outstanding. The noise level is a bit extreme, very hard to hear what your company is saying but once a few tables leave it isn't so bad. I think they tried to put up noise canceling panels on the walls, but it doesn't work. Besides the noise, this place is fantastic. Amazing food, the drinks are awesome and the service is outstanding. One thing though, they could add some non seafood dishes to the specials, I do not like seafood and their specials (always have 3 entree specials) are always a seafood dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will be back!Redsoxfan1964VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great food and service. The noise level can get up there but it is worth it. Wonderful resturant with great service, friendly staff and the owners are on site as well.Special Features:
- Delighted2014Dined on 8/22/2014This is a great place to eat a Traditional Italian meal that is well prepared. The service is what makes this experience great! Our server was attentive to us and her other customers in the same room. I had several special diet requests. The Balsamic Vinegar Reduction was heaven on my tongue! I recommend this restaurant as a great place to have a meal before going to the North Shore Music Theatre, which is near by. We plan on returning here many times.Special Features:
- FANTASTIC ATMOSPHERE AND FOODBACKNINEDined on 8/16/2014ALL MEALS ARE MADE TO ORDER. EXPECT A WAIT AFTER YOU ORDER YOUR ENTREE.....WHEN YOUR PLATE IS SET IN FRONT OF YOU YOUR FOOD IS HOT AND DELICIOUS. WELL WORTH THE WAIT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice restaurantNickDined on 8/15/2014Overall nice experience, with good prices, delicious dishes, well presented and generous portions. Waiters were very attentive without frequent interrupts. The only problem was the vey high noise level coming by a disco dance that took place Friday nightSpecial Features:
- Very goodDannyVIPDined on 8/10/2014Very good place my friends and I came across on a Saturday night at the last minute. It wasn't too crowded for it being a Saturday night but the food was amazing and the service could not have been better. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulYummiesDined on 8/9/2014Went here for my birthday with my family and everything was great. Our waiter was attentive and the calamari was cooked perfectly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something wrong with fresh pasta...TakoyakiVIPDined on 8/3/2014Services were fine and pasta sauses were good tasting, but there was something wrong with fresh pasta. They might have rushed too much and used too much flour to make fresh pasta?? Fresh pasta tasted like flour. If pasta is not good, all meals will be ruined.
- VongolepetepaulineVIPDined on 7/24/2014The best Clams Vongole! Enjoyed the music of Tom Sheehan.Special Features:
- Good neighborhood findMikeyDined on 7/17/2014Good food for a reasonable price. The service has always been very good and the food as good as one would expect even comparing those in the North end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/13/2014When we first arrived, the waitress came over quickly with our water. We asked for a few minutes to look over the menu. Then we waited and waited for about 15 minutes. Finally, we flagged down somebody to get our waitress. She took our order and we were told the bread was in the oven & they will bring it out as soon as it was ready. About 10 min. later, the bread arrived, cold. I had send my meal back because I asked for the veal picatta, but was given chicken. There was a large party in the room we were in. They were having a grand boisterous time. We have been to Toscana a couple of times before and we always had great food and great service. Definitely an off night for them all around.
- Revisit for sure!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 7/11/2014Had the pleasure of dining there Friday night. The food was delicious, delicious. Chilean Sea Bass was outstanding and the veal was extremely tender and plentiful. Will definitely return. Ended the night with fantastic entertainment. Great night out and very reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went in with open mind.KatieFDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I love trying new things, but this won't be happening again. The noise level was incredible, and I actually left there with a headache. Our waiter was very nice, but we couldn't understand him with his deep accent and noise level. Our food was nothing exceptional. We were very disappointed. If you decide to go to this restaurant, try to get a table in the bar area, it was much quieter!
- The following 54 reviews are from the Toscana's Ristorante reviews archive.
- Go again anytimeJCdineDined on 6/20/2014Great place for fresh pasta excellent sauce and martinis,staff so friendly would like better decor looks so outdated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food on North ShorehpycamperDined on 6/19/2014We love this restaurant so much it's the place we return to time after time. We have tried other restaurants but nothing so far has come close to Toscana's. It is easy to get to, the food is always fresh, and the service is always friendly.Special Features:
- Great food, Great Service & Great $HappyVIPDined on 6/19/2014This is a North End resturant in Peabody. Skip the drive, and get the same great food as if you were on Hanover St. The service might even be better than the North End. Pizza is Very good as well!!!! Low cost bar menu and great drinks.....I would say Toscana's is a must try!!!!!!Special Features:
- Hidden Treasure!KLMacDined on 6/14/2014Great food, reasonably priced. Wine list by the glass limited but the house wine was very good. Service was attentive. Plan to take our friends back this week and looking forward to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not especially impressedlovetotrynewDined on 5/29/2014Had a drink at the Bar--nice & friendly staff --female bar tender -very personable --- Waiter- middle age man/ very hard to understanding him / not friendly at all / one meal was sent back and taken off the bill-it was the Carbonara --very oily--pile of oil just sitting in the bowl- meals were basic / veal parm -basic-chicken parm-basic . Restaurant was very highly recommended --not impressed for the price ----------homemade fusilli--not sure that is true ?
- I can not say 1 thing bad!!!HappyVIPDined on 5/27/2014I always enjoy Toscana's. We were celebrating my mothers birthday. Service was great. Food even better. A++++. Thursday nights have live music now and a discounted bar menu. This place keeps getting betterSpecial Features:
- 🍝🍸🍷WeekendinersDined on 5/24/2014Went to Toscana's on a whim. Parking was tough if you did not want to valet park, and the waiting area is real small. Our wait was about 1/2 hour after our reservations which was not so bad but what would of made it better is if we could of got to the bar which was crowded. We waited about another 1/2 hour before anyone acknowledged us and it happened to be I think the manager who took our drink order. (Still waiting for waitress and bread) they said the kitchen was backed up and it was going to be a little slow while they catch up! Now that is not my problem and when you go out to a restaurant you expect timely service. Food was good and it's worth a try, I would go back again!Special Features:
- ALWAYS YUMMY!yummygooseyDined on 5/17/2014the calamari appetizer is incredible- perfectly cooked- not chewy! the pork chop was a generous serving, salmon dish was delish. seafood tortellini was a small portion for the price- better choice for a smaller appetite.Special Features:
- Good food.joefDined on 5/12/2014Best fried calamari I have had. Delicious artichoke appetizer, wanted more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food... a bit over priced.dcmjnkkDined on 5/10/2014Service was marginal at best. Waiter not very attentive. Often we sat with empty drinks for 10-15 minutes. Noise... very loud in the entire restaurant.Special Features:
- Family OrientedTenaftertenVIPDined on 5/10/2014The beefsteak entree was good. My ladies eggplant was decidedly average. The kemp cello martini was as advertised. Limited citron vodka choices which would limit my interest to return. All in all, it was averageSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LizzyLuuVIPDined on 5/10/2014We thoroughly enjoyed the bar atmosphere. Very friendly, fun, and the bartenders were very engaging. Made the experience very enjoyable. Oh yeah and the food was really good too. Can't wait to come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinnerRM1867Dined on 5/10/2014We enjoyed a wonderful dinner at Toscana's. The food was very good and the waitress was exceptional. We'll definitely visit again.Special Features:
- So-So experienceFoodLoverDined on 5/3/2014Very noisy and asked for table in other room. Told that all were reserved. Many still unused when we left. Charged for items offered by waiter that were not identified as upcharge. Charged for premium wine when ordered house. Waiter did not tell us what specials were. Desserts seemed to be commercial offering ... not great. Would not go again. Entrees were actually quite good.Special Features:
- First TimePl8umpireDined on 4/26/2014We had read many of the reviews posted via OPEN TABLE and while almost all were either 4 or 5 stars, we were concerned to see a few low ratings. That being said, our first time at Toscana's was very enjoyable. Our server, AJ, went out of his way to accommodate our every need. The food was great! I ordered the pasta Bolognese which was done al dente- PERFECT!! My wife enjoyed the Salmon entree. The wine list was the only negative. I would grade it at B-. I started with a NZ sauvignon blanc which was underwhelming. I then asked AJ to suggest a pairing for my entree. His pinot noir choice wasn't satisfactory, but I bit the bullet. We were too full for dessert. All in all, not a bad first time at Toscana'sSpecial Features:
- Best pasta dish I've had in yearsVra224Dined on 4/18/2014Great food! Kid friendly. A little loud but otherwise very goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding food at this verybladeguy65Dined on 4/12/2014Outstanding food at this very good restaurant a bit off the beaten path.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.