11633 San Vicente Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90049Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.toscanabrentwood.com/
- Phone: 310-820-2448 x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm; Dinnner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30pm -11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Hugo Vasquez
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Toscana has catered just about every kind of event from corporate in-house lunches, 500 person charity events, to at-home dinners, and special life-celebrating events. We can even send a chef and a server or two and become your own private chef for a night!
Our catering team led by Gabrielle, is here to work with you and help you personalize your next event. Whether it’s wine service, specialty menus or trained staff, Toscana can manage every catering requirement.
- Private Party Facilities: Toscana offers our Wine Cellar for private parties, comfortably seating up to 30 people.
This warm, rustic room is perfect for a variety of occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Antonella (310) 820-2448x
A word from Toscana
A notable trattoria, and a wonderful gathering place for families and friends, Toscana is one of the most successful Italian restaurants in Los Angeles, celebrating its 25th year in business. Toscana continues to set the benchmark as an influential eatery where Hollywood celebrities, locals, and tourists alike go to enjoy appetizing food served in generous portions. Classic favorites include Insalate Carciofi, Spaghetti ai Frutti di Mare, and Bistecca Fiorentina. Amidst a cozy atmosphere reminiscent of a Tuscan trattoria, and with an impeccable, friendly staff, every guest, famous or not, is treated like family.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Toscana - Best Restaurants in Brentwood ›
Toscana reviews from OpenTable diners
51 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (27)fit for foodies (23)special occasion (17)hot spot (16)notable wine list (15)great for lunch (9)romantic (8)good for groups (7)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Will Probably Not ReturnMalibuDined on 8/26/2014This was our second visit to Toscana - the first time we were with friends and had our infant with us - the manager / waiters could not have been more accommodating. This visit however - also with friends and our toddler - we had booked a table for 7.30pm but when we arrived the restaurant was full and we had to wait until 8pm before we were seated - which is not great when you have a toddler with you - the waiters were great although we got the distinct impression from the manager that small children were not welcome.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/19/2014Great as always. Fantastic food, wonderful service, good scene.Special Features:
- Absolutely perfect diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2014The food and service is unparalleled. Fresh Italian food that is both classic and innovative. Incredible all around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toscana best Italian in townOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014They have the best Italian food in town and the best serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LewisDined on 8/1/2014A real great Italian restaurant with the feel of being in Italy. Great service and the food was beautifully prepared and served. Definitely would returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a good choiceLarry1334Dined on 8/1/2014A long-time fixture in Brentwood, the food is still very good. Pizza was excellent; pasta special excellent, and branzino excellent.
- Good food - odd locationOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/26/2014We drove by the restaurant two times, as it's in an office building and wan't very well marked. We enjoyed the food and our waiter gave us great recommendations for wine. Other than that, he certainly wasn't the most personable waiter we have ever met and acted a bit like we were imposing on him. The prices were pretty high for the food and quality.Special Features:
- still great after 25 yearspcp21VIPDined on 7/20/2014We've been dining at Toscana for 15 years, and I'm happy to report that the food, the service and the scene there remain just as good today as the first time we went. Their burata was delicious. The NY steak was done perfectly. I was completely happy with the dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- best italian food in the USA!!!paulaVIPDined on 7/19/2014Never, ever has this place let us down... outstanding... superb service and the best Italian food outside of Italy!Special Features:
- Worst Italian Food in LAGladstoneVIPDined on 7/10/2014You could get better Italian at the Olive Garden. But given all the great Italian restaurants in Brentwood, no need to ever go here. However, the service was fantastic. Goto Peppone's, Adoteca, Guidos etc
- Very enjoyable lunchJevvyJDined on 7/7/2014Service was great. Food was excellent. Star sighting. Very nice lunch experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sensationalOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/3/2014Outstanding service and the meal was exceptional. Grilled calamari was delicious and the rib eye was perfectly done and seasoned. This restaurant is a must.Special Features:
- Family restaurantgwgwVIPDined on 6/27/2014We have been to the bar at Toscana (right beside the restaurant) many times and thoroughly enjoyed the ambiance, drinks and bar menu. We thought we would try the restaurant and it was not what we expected. It was more like a family restaurant. The food was great and service was good for how busy it became but they only serve wine and beer for alcoholic drinks and the ambiance is completely different from that of the bar. I'm glad we tried it but, for the atmosphere we would like, we will stay with the bar in the future.Special Features:
- Maitre'd clueless about anniv. menuMamaVIPDined on 6/24/2014I received multiple emails and other notifications via social media that Toscana was offering a 25th anniversary menu (1989 prices) in honor of their 25th anniversary. All communications suggested that this menu was going to be offered between 06/16 and 07/16. When I arrived for lunch and inquired about the retro-menu, the maitre-d and servers were completely clueless. Is the back of the house not talking to the front of the house? This could turn out to be a P.R.disaster. A couple of people I know walked out when the maitre'd told them that the menu was not in effect. Ridiculous and unnecessary P.R. mess. Who is running the show?I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/21/2014Way to expensive for a neighborhood restaurant..........................................I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & great cocktails. Love!MamaVIPDined on 6/21/2014Start with a great hand crafted cocktail in Bar Toscana. Their mixologists are fantastic. Stay in the bar and dine or move into the main restaurant. Either way is a win, win. No one does grilled prawns as deftly as Toscana. No restaurant has sweeter servers. The food is consistently excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dining experience!morewineplzDined on 5/31/2014Authentic Tuscan food with Great service! The food was fresh, well prepared and served in a very reasonable time frame, considering it was a Saturday night and the dining room was full. Our waiter was friendly, attentive and knew both the menu and the wines with good recommendations. My wife loved the risotto. I had the Linguini with fresh clams and it was very good. We will come back often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner at Toscana!FunFunctionDined on 5/18/2014My wife and her friends had an amazing time there, everything was perfect, just like my experience a few months ago. Being in the industry I can comfortably say this again: well done Toscana!Special Features:
- The following 75 reviews are from the Toscana reviews archive.
- Best Trattoria outside of Italy!MamaVIPDined on 5/4/2014Toscana is superb on every level; food, service, ambiance. My recent dining experience at Toscana was no exception. On a packed, really packed Sunday night, the service remained at a very high level and each dish we ordered was perfect. This is a restaurant staffed and managed by the best professional team in the business. They have perfected the art of making each guest feel welcome.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toscana wins on all levels.MamaVIPDined on 4/12/2014Toscana wins on all levels; great food, great service, lively ambience and it is fun!!
- Always AmazingMikeMDined on 4/10/2014Never a bad experience. Max is one of the best servers in the industry!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/1/2014First time there, the food and wine was outstanding. and the vibe of the restaurant was a fun dining atmosphere. I will definitely be coming back and I am looking forward to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had been going to this restaurantPK22Dined on 2/24/2014Had been going to this restaurant for years. I recently moved back to LA so tried it again as it is in my neighborhood. In the past I have always enjoyed the experience and the only negative comment I have is that the Host was very rude. The waiters and busboys were very friendly and attentive. The food was good so plan to be back but hope that the Host can be more accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My expectations were inflatedOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 2/16/2014My expectations were pretty high because of the great review so I went in there expecting to be blown away. My friend and I were there to belatedly celebrate our bdays and neither had ever been to Toscana. We shared the buratta app, the mozerella truffle pizza and the penne with a puttanesca sauce (I can't remember what they call it). The food was excellent and although rich and carby bc we were splurging felt pretty light. The service was fine, just ok. People complained about the prices but I don't think the food was that unusually high--- you go to that restaurant expecting it to not be budget conscious :) But i felt there weren't a lot of options that were more moderately priced in terms of wine bottles. it was all pretty expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXPENSIVE BUT WORTH ITOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/4/2014Salmon was amazing as was the salad with artichokes and peccorino cheese. Pricey but well worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Italian took a cranky turnKettrocVIPDined on 1/23/2014Toscana used to be one of my favorite neighborhood Italian restaurants, in a neighborhood filled with Italian restaurants. My teenager took me for my birthday the other night, and I was surprised how much it had changed. When we arrived, the maître d' told us he was going to seat us in the bar area (across the outdoor entryway). He didn't even offer the option of waiting for a table in the main restaurant. Our waiter could not have been less interested in serving us. To be fair, the pesto was still good, as was the artichoke salad, but the experience overall was lousy. I don't know what happened to the cheerful atmosphere and friendly waiters, but if they're still here they were nowhere near us.
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/10/2014Had 9:30pm Reservations and arrived at 9:10. Place was packed and we were asked to have a few drinks at their bar until our table for 2 was ready. Bar area is pretty busy, and it was a Friday night, so not sure why there was only 1 bar tender working. At around 9:45 I asked how much longer we were to wait, and told just a bit longer. We weren't seated until 10:10, which is a rather long time to wait considering we had reservations. The food was excellent, great Italian food. Our waiter wasn't as attentive as we liked, and by the time we were seated it wasn't busy enough to justify his lack of service. Overall I would go back to Toscana, this review is mainly for the management to enhance the service.Special Features:
- ToscanaDavidDined on 1/10/2014Excellent food, though a little pricey for what you get. Pasta portions moderate for the price. Salads overpriced. But the flavor was great.Special Features:
- Best dining experience EVEROpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/3/2014Toscana has been, and continues to be, my overall favorite restaurant. Ever. While I am not exquisitely world-traveled, my parents are, and they agree with my choice for favorite dining experience. From the food to the wine to the AMAZING staff and managerial team, it is top notch and is hard to beat. Incredible Italian food prepared about any way you want it combines with superb service makes for an unforgettable dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 250.00 and not greatWiniOOODined on 12/29/2013Food ok, not worth the price!! TINY TABLE FOR 4 PEOPLE!!!!
- Classic pasta beautifully preparedrhodeislandfan1Dined on 12/28/2013Generous portions of terrific pasta -- whether red or wine-based sauces, pasta cooked al dente, and seafood is also excellent. warm friendly a bit loud but fun and gets a sophisticated, older crowdSpecial Features:
- Service was a disaster!AlwayseatoutVIPDined on 12/10/2013For the prices they charge, one would expect stellar service. I will say the food was great and lived up to my expectations. However, their service starting from the host all the way to the waiter and busboys was a complete disaster. The host's don't give a damn attitude, coupled with the rude and arrogant waiter just ruined our meal experience. Whenever we asked the waiter for something, he would grumble at us under his breath. When he would finally bring what we requested, he would practically throw it at us! He slammed the water cups so hard on the table that the water splashed on my friends shirt! I cannot believe the experience and I will never go back.Special Features:
- This is a really Italian NotxandaccacheVIPDined on 11/27/2013This is a really Italian Not like others that you cannot change your plate Great wine list Finally after 8 days here I found yhis restaurant
- Not worth itSuzyVIPDined on 11/24/2013I will not go back. Lousy service and way overpriced.
- Has a great buzzHappydinerDined on 10/24/2013Came from the OC to eat here. Was VERY good but I'm not sure it is a destination place to drive that far. If I lived closer, I would definitely frequent this place more often. It has a great buzz to it and the food and people watching are very good. The service was very good as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, good foodmmonetDined on 10/24/2013One of the best places for lunch. Tasty food, great service, delicious drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good!BeachyDined on 10/14/2013I really recommend the shrimp with white beans and the grilled calamari. The Branzino special was delicious, too. The chicken paillard was a litle on the dry side... stick to the roasted half chicken if you are in the mood.Special Features:
- Toscana is the bestLucilleBluthADDined on 9/18/2013I have been going to Toscana for close to 12 years and it never fails. They also have Bar Toscana next door, which is more for getting a drink and a quick bite to eat. Toscana is definitely on the high range of pricing, but you can't beat the food! It is very loud and you can wait a long time for a table, but it's worth the wait. I will always return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReliableOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/17/2013We love Toscana. It is a go to spot where we can always fine a terrific meal. Solid Veal, pasta, and fish dishes. Love the free veggies on the table, and the flat bread. Only downside is it can get very noisy at peak periods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toscana delivers TuscanycajunfoodieVIPDined on 8/7/2013The scene is loud, but gregarious and filled with happy foodies! Stay away if you need a quiet night, but if you're looking for a fabulous hotspot with outstanding service & decadent dishes to delight. Look no more. Consistently delivers amazing traditional dishes & the specials are always interesting & satisfying. Truffle season demanded a dish & they delivered. The wine list is outstanding! Service is impeccable! You can have a fun night here everytime you dine. Bravo!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.