Toscana Ristorante Italiano
6401 Morrison Blvd,
Charlotte, NC 28211Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Toscana Ristorante Italiano
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.conterestaurantgroup.com/
- Phone: 7043671808
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Bring the flavors of Tuscany to your home, office or special venue. Whether its a large hors d'oeuvres reception or an intimate multi-course dinner Toscana can take care of all you off-site catering needs. Pick-up or delivery is available, delivery fee varies upon location For more information or to place an order call 704.344.9222 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Toscana would like to personally customize your special and private events. We can comfortably accommodate sixty-five guests for a seated dinner and over one hundred for a cocktail and hors d’oeuvres event. We also have a seasonal patio that can seat up to fifty for dinner guests and is the perfect venue for a summer evening cocktail reception. Toscana is available for private parties, rehearsal dinners, receptions, showers and all of your special event needs. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions and we look forward to hosting your events.
- Private Party Contact: Chafik Elmaghri 7043671808
A word from Toscana Ristorante Italiano
TOSCANA Ristorante is located in the specialty shops across from South Park Mall, and is South Charlotte’s premiere upscale Italian restaurant. Since 1998 we have offered guests impeccable service and authentic Tuscan cuisine. Toscana is the perfect setting for an intimate meal or group dinners. Our romantic ambience feels just like a tranquil European courtyard that will enclose you with it's old world elegance. Our seasonal menu of Northern Italian favorites is crafted with passion and offers only the freshest ingredients including local produce and herbs, as well as the finest, poultry, prime meats and seafood to bring the true flavors of Tuscany to your table. In addition all pastas and desserts are made fresh in-house daily. You'll also find an extensive list of fine wines featuring all regions of Italy. Come experience the flavors and ambience of Europe right here in the “Queen City."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Toscana Ristorante Italiano - Best Restaurants in SouthPark ›
Toscana Ristorante Italiano reviews from OpenTable diners
122 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (88)romantic (62)neighborhood gem (60)special occasion (58)fit for foodies (56)notable wine list (37)good for groups (18)great for lunch (16)hot spot (10)vibrant bar scene (10)great for brunch (7)late-night find (5)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- Truly worth the tripjayem41Dined on 8/29/2014My son and I found Toscano while we were looking for what should be some of the best chicken/veal parmigiana in Charlotte. Being from the northeast where we have great italian food we knew that it might not be all that easy to replicate that in the South. Toscano was a truly excellent restaurant. The service and atmosphere were wonderful and the food was very good. While the cheese on my sons veal parm wasnt fully melted everything was still quite good. If back in the area would definitely go back to Toscano.Special Features:
- Great dinnerbgw52VIPDined on 8/16/2014Outstanding meal, wine and service. Alwasy a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday summer eveningzoltocVIPDined on 8/15/2014As usual, the food was excellent from the osso buco, to the saltimboca, butera, and calamari. Probably one of the most pleasant settings in Charlotte is the outdoor terrace dining on what is essentially a private courtyard. Not to be missed.
- I Expect MoreTheNewYorkersDined on 8/13/2014Good food and wine. Sit outside if possible as the noise level inside is disturbing. Be prepared to be there three to four hours as service is poor. My wife and I arrived to find our reserved table was given away. The manager apologized, sat us at the bar and gave us each a glass of Champaign. 15 minutes later we were seated. After 15 minutes a waiter finally came to serve us; 25 minutes later he delivered our wine; After another 25 minutes he took our order. 30 minutes later our appetizers arrived; 50 minutes later our main course arrived. The waiter, who we saw only a handful of times, apologized and told us that a large party had arrived, causing backup in the bar and kitchen areas. To compensate we were give a desert with our coffee.Special Features:
- FantasticByronVIPDined on 8/12/2014This is one of my favorite restaurants. Always great food along with great service.Special Features:
- Something's different and it'HHishomeDined on 8/8/2014We've gone to this restaurant at least once or twice per year for 20 years. This time the service was not good (they brought the food before the wine). The food was just ok. The restaurant had half as many customers as before. Maybe ownership change or management change, but it's obvious they are fading.Special Features:
- A hidden gemRWarriorDined on 8/1/2014One of our FAVORITES! Sandy at the bar is a delight. The pasta Buttera is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to wind down...KphjrVIPDined on 7/31/2014When traveling, it is nice to fine a warm and comfortable restaurant that makes you feel at home. Toscana was a welcome respite after a day on the road. The food, service and ambiance, all very inviting. If you are a fish fan and love Italian cuisine, this is a great find. We had grouper and branzino... both delicious. Some dishes are those that you find at other restaurants, but with a twist, ex. fresh gnocchi with mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. If staying at the Marriott or anywhere near Southpark Mall, it is just 2 minutes away!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a great timeDavidDined on 7/26/2014We went during the Queens Feast week. The food was great, the service particularly was also great and considering that the place was full to capacity the wait staff didn't miss a beat. We sat outside which was very nice. At our arrival time pf 8:00 PM the inside dinning was so loud that it was uncomfortable...so we opted for outside. I cannot hold this against the restaurant at all. Rather the place was filled to the brim with 100+ well lubricated patrons having an outstanding time, therefore loud was to be expected. I am sure its not like this on normal evenings. Since we will surely be going back, I will know soon. :)Special Features:
- ExcellentH3is4HVIPDined on 7/26/2014Consistently excellent in all aspects. Service was especially good.Special Features:
- Another Fabulous Meal at ToscanaFoxcroftFoodieVIPDined on 7/26/2014My family had another fabulous meal at Toscana. Food was outstanding, service excelled, and ambiance is fabulous, a cozy little place where you can actually carry on a conversation without screaming.Special Features:
- Best Italian in Charlotte!enelramDined on 7/26/2014Toscana's staff is always professional, attentive & helpful. Food selections are outstanding, beautifully presented & delicious. Great restaurant for entertaining guests. Always a winner!Special Features:
- great overall food experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2014food was fantastic. Service is great. level was off the chart. but will return the next time we're in Charlotte.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner was amazingLove242Dined on 7/23/2014I made reservations for my boyfriends birthday and Toscana was perfect. Every course was cooked to my liking and was very flavorful. The wine that the manager chose for us was excellent. Ryan our server was very attentive and we will ask for him next time. We had a great experience and we will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant.SteveMonoDined on 7/23/2014Had dinner here on a Wednesday night. Didn't come here for restaurant week, but ended up ordering off that menu. Both the frutti di mare and the ravioli were fantastic, and the prosciutto is clearly top quality. Ryan was our server, he was very hospitable and had a wonderful demeanor. Thanks again for the great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BH1234Dined on 7/23/2014Perfect food, I am thankful they participated in Queens FeastSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining at ToscanaLittleKidDined on 7/21/2014Thoroughly enjoyed dinner at Toscana during Queen's Feast. Wine was superb, food, though limited in choice was very good. Possibly due to the busyness of the restaurant, the service was a little slow. I would definitely go back and also try it for lunch!Special Features:
- myitalianDined on 7/21/2014Franco did a great job taking care of us; overall wonderful service. My wife's Raviolla was out of sight but my fish was just OK. Appetizers and Dessert were fabulous.Special Features:
- Real nice!UmamaDined on 7/20/2014The calamari with zucchini was the best I have ever had! Both pasta dishes were really good, the veal piccata was really delicious. My salmon was okay but the risotto with shrimp was exceptional. Desserts weren't appealing except for the chocolate tart which was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Charlotte Italian!enelramDined on 7/18/2014Toscana is our favorite restaurant, not only for its consistently delicious food, but also for its high energy ambiance and its amazing staff, always happy, helpful and accommodating. Great restaurant for couples and entertaining guests.Special Features:
- outstanding!dghx2Dined on 7/18/2014This continues to be a personal favorite for food and service.If it is just us or we take guests it never disappoints. The food and wine are of highest quality. Love the fava beans and bread!!Special Features:
- Birthday lunch!SallieDined on 7/18/2014Our waiter treated us well and gave us a complimentary Tiramisu for my daughter's birthday. All in all, good food, and great ambience.Special Features:
- Fantastico!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/12/2014My husband and I dined at Toscana Saturday night, as we have done many times. It was a particularly busy evening there, possibly because of the beautiful weather paired with their wonderful patio area. Despite that they were very busy, as always the food was incredible, the atmosphere beautiful and the service immpeccable. The entire staff is attentive and makes you feel like you a part of the family. The food is delicious blending wonderful flavors, transporting me to a beautiful italian dream. My favorites tend to be the fish and seafood dishes, but the veal, beef filet and pasta dishes are all wonderful. The staff is very knowledgable about wines and always able to suggest a wonderful wine. My favorite restaurant, bar none!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!DonnaLVIPDined on 7/11/2014Probably the best restaurant in Charlotte on all levels!!
- Always 5 stars!southclt28VIPDined on 7/5/2014From start to finish - fantastic! First had a drink at the bar. Once seated for dinner, we enjoyed the warm bread with beans and Toscana salads. Then had the halibut special, salmon, ravioli, and buttera; all fresh and made from scratch - delicious! Whether you eat inside or out, just a great experience and ambience! One of our favorite places in Charlotte!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stache & CookStacheVIPDined on 7/5/2014Had been to Toscana several times and thought it one of the best in the city. Saturday night we invited out neighbors who had never been there to join us and we were disappointed. The ravioli was bland and not quite hot and the mare seafood was overcooked. Our waiter who we had not been served by in the past was more interested in one of the lady diners than us. Our theory is that since it was the Fourth weekend we got the "B" team instead of the regulars. We will give Toscana one more chance because it was so good in the past.Special Features:
- beetleDined on 6/30/2014Love the food...lunch or dinner. The service is always great and my favorite dish is Buterra...my favorite thing to order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- whooperDined on 6/28/2014Judy and I went there Saturday night to celebrate our 39th anniversary. It is a "go to" restaurant for special occasions. Food is excellent. Only drawback - lot's of large groups in the restaurant that night. Noise level was high..... Next time maybe a quieter table? Excellent meal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MARVELOUSSPECIALDined on 6/27/2014It was raining, but you make "this" reservation. Why? They truly remember you, Maria, the charm. Our booth is always waiting, and then, even though our bartender/waitress was on vacation we enjoyed the same attention from Ms. Las Vegas, our waitress, who was on her way there. I'm not good at names. Thank you Toscana!! The Earlton'sSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointment2foodiesexploringDined on 6/26/2014The food and service were fine, but not Spectacular, as we were expecting. The food was over priced.
- Toscana dinner911racecarDined on 6/25/2014Toscana is a romantic, intimate place with good food and wine. I will definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The usual excellent experienceEddoDined on 6/25/2014We always enjoy Toscana - the food, service, and personal treatment. Whether dinning inside or outside the accommodations are excellent. The veal dishes are something special. We can hardly wait to get back.Special Features:
- Good work dinnerScoot18UGADined on 6/17/2014I went here for a work dinner, nice setting, drinks and wine were great. I ordered a pasta dish that was on their specials menu, the sauce and pasta were really good, but the steak that was in the pasta was a little tough. Overall the dinner was pretty good, but the steak could have been a little more tender.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Good!CellaVIPDined on 6/17/2014The Salmon was perfect and the Carpaccio done nicely. Very nice wine list. It was a bit hot to sit outside, but it has a lovely ourdoor patio as well.Special Features:
- ladeda07VIPDined on 6/14/2014Usually a great dining experience - but NOT on a Saturday night. They are obviously trying to maximize profits at the expense of food quality and ambience. Their lovely courtyard was packed with tables on a Saturday night - trying to cram in as many people as possible- it ruined the experience of eating outdoors there. Our waitress was very inattentive and there were very long lapses between courses. She didn't ask how I wanted my salmon cooked, my salad was tasteless. By the end of the evening we left feeling very annoyed. This is too bad as we've always counted on Augusto's restaurants for great food.Special Features:
- The best Italian food!MarieNC13Dined on 6/14/2014Toscana is by far the most authentic Italian food. Being from up north and Italian, this is a true find! The outside seating is my favorite, but inside is great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old standby going strongOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/12/2014We tend to forget about Toscana and are always pleased to find it again. Longstanding gem close to the Marriott in Southpark. Excellent food, professional service. Pasta with beef ragout was outstanding, meat tender & flavorful. Grilled branzino delicate & flavorful. Cannolis were the perfect sweet culmination. The night we dined the place was jammed with businessmen enjoying the quality food. The perfectly prepared martini took the edge off the noise.Special Features:
- Group of 12 for business dinnerSupervisorDined on 6/10/2014Found the wait staff to be excellent and attentive. We gathered around the bar for drinks then were seated in a cozy corner which made socializing great for business. Our 6:00 pm reservation was fast filling up around 7:30ish and included outside seating. Nice we dined earlier. We were hesitant about booking for our first visit to this restaurant. After reading some previous negative reviews this restaurant was booked. Found no problem with the service. The establishment was tucked away in the back of the mini-shops - no clear visibility. Quaint. The group determined it would be a place to return for dinner. A little high priced would be the only draw back if you were a couple on a set income.Special Features:
- Great dinner outside on the patioOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/30/2014The Mare pasta was phenomenal. I was kicking myself that I had never ordered it before. The wine recommended when we asked for a special bottle was excellent. Service was also great even though they had a party of 30 and some other tables on the patio as well. Lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What happened to the service?ThursdayNightOutDined on 5/30/2014Toscana has been one of our favorite dining spots, but something seems to have changed in the last 6 months. For the last 3 dining experiences, we felt like we didn't have a designated server. There seemed to be a lot of servers standing around but no one owning our table. In one case, my wife's meal was not prepared according to the way it was ordered, so went back to the kitchen. We both ended up eating alone. No one acknowledged this or made any attempt to make the situation (or the bill) better. If the restaurant is using a new staffing system, I suggest it be scrutinized before other loyal diners make the same decision we have. The great food and lovely setting is just not worth enduring the poor service.Special Features: