Toscana Italian Grill
1B - 8330 Macleod Trail S.E
Calgary, AB T2H 2V2Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: CAN$30 and under
Toscana Italian Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.toscanagrill.ca/
- Phone: 4032551212x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 9AM - 9PM
Tuesday: 9AM - 9PM
Wednesday: 9AM - 10PM
Thursday: 9AM - 10PM
Friday: 9AM - 10PM
Saturday: 9AM - 10PM
Sunday: 9AM - 9PM
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Blerim Bekteshi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Pizza, Pasta, Sandwiches, Wraps, Paninis, Salads, ETC.
- Entertainment: For private functions we can provide karaoke, dj, and or belly dancing.
A word from Toscana Italian Grill
We are your little taste of Italy! Fresh seasonal ingredients, home-made desserts, fresh baked breads, stone oven-baked pizzas, gluten free friendly options are the only few things we dedicate in doing everyday to make your experience with us as fresh and home-like as possible.Continued
Toscana is the perfect place for any private functioned event.
Toscana is the perfect place for any private functioned event.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Toscana Italian Grill - Best Restaurants in Calgary ›
Toscana Italian Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)good for groups (25)special occasion (18)fit for foodies (16)romantic (12)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (10)great for lunch (10)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (3)hot spot (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- DineoutDined on 9/21/2014Toscana food, service, and wine list excellent for thr moneySpecial Features:
- Succulent DiningTamrey77Dined on 9/16/2014We visited for the first time and we were intrigued by the decor and ambience. When the food arrived it was amazing the veal and chicken were both tender the dijon cream sauce was sooooo creamy and out of this world good but needed a little salt to bring out the dijon in the sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnjoyableDMYYCDined on 9/5/2014We went there for the 1st time. A couple of friends joined us. The food was really good and the service was good too. I would go back another time.Special Features:
- Italian resturant smellSammyDined on 9/4/2014The waiter was alright, it did not have the oil and garlic smell that most Italian resturants Iv'e been to and and enjoy. other then that it was ok.Special Features:
- Great Italian foodMCanadaVIPDined on 8/9/2014Fantastic flavours of food. Not bland and it was all fresh. A great find. The service is ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delish... average-high pricingmittenDined on 7/28/2014Pasta was great! Lovely sauces and seafood! Dessert was so-so; as such I'd have to say, over priced.Special Features:
- Excellent mealRickEVIPDined on 7/23/2014This was our 4th or 5th visit to Toscana Grill, every one very good. Due to health issues my wife has dietary concerns, and our server didn't hesitate to offer to check with the chef to identify ingredients, and exclude the same from my wife's entree. The tiger shrimp was delicious, as was everything we ordered, and the staff welcoming and friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AvisitingCalgarianDined on 7/18/2014Toscana is the best Italian restaurant in their area. Service was very good - from the man that greeted at the door, to our server who even though she was busy, always made sure our water glasses and coffee cups were full. Their special for that night was pasta w/lobster in a tomato sauce. The pasta was cooked perfectly, and the lobster was plentiful - we thoroughly enjoyed it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food Decent PortionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/12/2014It was my first time to the restaurant and I was very happy with the service and the food. I found the portion to be just the right size to enjoy the entire meal. The Mahi Mahi special was delicious. I was particularly impressed that the Chef/owner was personally making sure that the diners had enjoyed there meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Short and to the pointMeAndMyBestGirlDined on 7/11/2014This establishment is excellent! I hope it is around for a very long time.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceFoodieDined on 7/11/2014The meal and service were excellent. The only flaw I found, and I know it's just me, I went for an enjoyable dinner and I really didn't want to have to tolerate some noisy annoying children. It would be nice if there was a section that there were no children and not in the bar, but the overall meal and service were great.Special Features:
- food was amazingkenzieDined on 7/1/2014Gluten Free Italian food! WoW the flavors were amazing!Special Features:
- PamelaDined on 6/28/2014A great dining experience in every aspect. Fantastic food, great service & good atmosphere !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant findShotinthedarkDined on 6/28/2014I wasn't sure what to expect, but everything was very good. We were greeted at the door immediately ... and although we were 20 minutes early, we were seated promptly. The food was excellent and service was top-notch. We will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014We were a group of 5 adults for a Sat 6pm dinner reservation. 1st time eating there. Entrees were all cooked to order and super fresh. Their pastas and sauces are best anyone in our group had in eaten in awhile. Restaurant was about 2/3rds full, but it was first decent weather in weeks so understandable that it wasnt totally full. Bar was out of stock on a couple of beers and waitress was lost when it came to bar menu, but she was otherwise great. Bar section is small but looks like its worth trying on next visit. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New favourite restaurant.HockeygirlDined on 6/18/2014Toscana was excellent from the second we stepped foot into the door. Friendly waiter and waitresses that tended to our every need. We were very surprised at the speed of service. We had the calamari for an appetizer and it was to die for! Best I've ever had. For a main I had the special which was Mahi Mahi with a grilled pineapple salsa, veggies and rice. It was simply amazing. Good sized portions too. The waiters name was Gino and he was very kind and customer oriented. You definitely have to hit up this restaurant! I know I'll be going back 100%!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall was ok....SigmaDined on 6/15/2014We booked reservation through open table which went seamless, we reached there, the ambience was good, we ordered juice for kids, they did not have a kids cup, food was very cheesy, u can get much better italian food anywhere in the city....so food was ok ok, then the waitress did not mention that there was gratuity included in the bill for a group, so we ended up double tipping and felt cheated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great place to go with familyRoseDined on 6/15/2014Father's day lunch was great. Very nice and friendly staff. Overall a grexperience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and service.omasalDined on 6/15/2014We were a large group and the food came at the same time for everybody. We had a great time, we were able to watch the World Cup, which was a nice surprices for the dads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious soupmoonflowerDined on 6/10/2014Four friends went to Toscana and one asked about the daily soup. Because it sounded so good, carrot and ginger, we all decided to have some. What a wonderful taste sensation. I would have ordered another bowl, but I had already ordered some pasta. This was a delicious lunch and everyone loved the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceBessieDined on 6/6/2014To me its all about service, and this place hit it out of the park. Delicious food and friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A hidden gemwbmacDined on 6/6/2014My favorite restaurant by far. Atmosphere is quiet and romantic. Food is excellent. The owner greats you at the door and remembers you, something not found at other restaurants. Online reservation booking works flawlessly. I have sampled most of their menu to date and have yet to find anything that didn't live up to their very demanding standards.You must try their chocolate cake. It is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restarauntAndrusa21Dined on 6/6/2014The food came out fast and the server was on the ball. Nice atmosphere, definitely plan on going again. And the prices are very reasonable. Its nice that you don't have to go all the way downtown for some nice Italian cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 289 reviews are from the Toscana Italian Grill reviews archive.
- Another delicious mealmoonflowerDined on 5/30/2014We have dined at this very friendly restaurant at least twice and have enjoyed all our selections. The food is fresh and tasty, and is well presented. We have tried their desserts once and have decided to continue having their creme caramel and tiramisu at every meal! The creme caramel was the best I've had in Calgary, silky, light and not too sweet. A beautiful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/23/2014Our server was excellent as well as the food They let us visit and the food came out in a enjoyable rateSpecial Features:
- Fantastic, as always!TracyDined on 5/22/2014We have come to Toscana's several times and are NEVER disappointed! Had a great evening with all my sisters and my mom. We'll be back for sure. :)Special Features:
- skyrockDined on 5/21/2014good Italian restaurant. food and service is excellent. we'll be back for sureSpecial Features:
- 1000codyVIPDined on 5/16/2014Very early Friday dinner. Really good food and really good service. My first visit found the food 'average', and in all honesty, this was about as good, BUT - the previous time was a late night visit, as opposed to earlier. We had a great server (Manny) ans al the dishes were good. I loved it and will definitely be back.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood spotOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2014Easy access. Lots of free parking. Food good and service very good. Wine menu a bit limited and perhaps somewhat overpriced. But a good spot for an evening out.Special Features:
- Diner In A Phone Boothbulldogz37Dined on 5/11/2014The table service was very good. The food was very good also. When we placed our reservation we ask NOT to have a booth table only please. So when we arrived we had a booth. very cramped for 5 people. The small table took away from the dining experience for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day lunchjustusDined on 5/11/2014Toscana did a wonderful job on Mother's Day. It was busy but the service was fast and pleasant. Added bonus was a gift of a flower for Mom from the restaurant - nice touch! And as usual the food was so good!Special Features:
- Good people, good food...ForeverSkyDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mothers Day brunch, the food was very good, the service was great. Wouldn't recommend bringing young children, I Brought my child along (2years old) and they didn't offer any coloring or amusement. I would like to give out a kudos though to the staff even though they are not a child friendly restaurant the staff were very good with him. It's a very bright open restaurant which isn't my preference but the atmosphere of the staff and restaurant made it an enjoyable time. I think this restaurant would be great for a first date, brunch and lunch. I prefer more of a darker more personal ambiance when I go out for dinner. Thank you!Special Features:
- Delicious food/Quaint AtmosphereApril12Dined on 5/10/2014This is true Italian dining! the food is outstanding and the portions are huge. Definitely bring an appetite!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/9/2014Even though we had a reservation, when we arrived there was no table in the restaurant. We were told to choose a table in the bar. When a booth became available, we asked for that and it was cleared off for us. I was not impressed by that. What was the reservation for? We were hosting a friend from out of town and this was embarrassing.
- Great food great serviceBarryDined on 5/6/2014We brought my parents here for a quick meal before heading off to a show. It was a good choice. The portions are generous. The food was hot and fresh and the service, fast and friendly. We have come here a few times over the winter both for a quick meal and to sit and spend the evening with friends. They allow you to sit and relax and take good care of you. We will be back.Special Features:
- RhonaVIPDined on 5/3/2014The service was excellent but unfortunately the food was very average.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014We have been here once before and truly loved the food so we came back. Once again it was great and lots of it for the men in our groupSpecial Features:
- A regularhappytoeatDined on 4/26/2014We have been to Toscana's more than a dozen times and each time our dining experience has been a pleasant experience. The staff are friendly and efficient without hovering. The food is consistently good and our group has made its way thru most of the menu. The layout accommodates groups as well as some private areas that are quieter. We like the fact that you can dine without having to shout over the din.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wine loverOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/25/2014The wines offered are expensive and house wines are not offered, either by the glass or half litre. The result is that we don't order wine and Toscana loses out on this revenue stream.I would recommend this to a friend.
- group of 12RollieDined on 4/22/2014We had a large area to spread out into as it was a quiet week night, however some of us sat at tables and the 4 of us had to sit at a booth in the corner which was awkward for a special family gathering. Service was very good, menu selection good. We had to send one meal back as there was bad tasting meat in the dish but the restaurant quickly replaced the meal with a fresh dish and agreed that the original plate was defective. We brought our own birthday cake and it was handled very nicely by the server. Personally my seafood pasta dish had mussels in it which were so tiny they lacked flavour and the juiciness associated with good mussels. Dish also lacked sufficient seasoning or flavor. Other meals were fine.Special Features: