1112 F Street
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.toscadc.com/
- Phone: 2023671990x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:30pm – 10:30pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:30pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Fabbri
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private spaces available. Please call for details
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Fotter - firstname.lastname@example.org 2023671990x
- Special Events: Private and semi-private facilities for groups up to 30 guests. Tosca has a small private dining room for up to 15 guests. we also have a semi-private space for up to 24 guests.
A word from Tosca Ristorante
Ristorante Tosca offers the finest in contemporary northern Italian cuisine by executive Chef Massimo Fabbri. He interprets Italian cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients, using a creative approach that respects the great traditions of Tuscan gastronomy. Tosca combines modern style and elegance to create an intimate and comfortable setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Tosca Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tosca Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
121 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (87)fit for foodies (79)notable wine list (59)romantic (48)great for lunch (26)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (20)hot spot (14)late-night find (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Business Dinnercupe919Dined on 9/18/2014We had a group of 6 (all from out of town) that went for dinner after a meeting. The service was excellent and our table was ready when we arrived. It was a very pleasant atmosphere and the noise level allowed for conversation without shouting across the table. Although it did increase as the evening went on. The menu is well thought out with plenty of variety. It's definitely not your run of the mill Italian menu. I tried the lobster ravioli which was good but I felt like the serving size was too small. Excellent wine list and a very good tiramisu. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VIP lunchWineImportersDined on 9/16/2014When we had a need to entertain a Hollywood Director at a business meeting Tosca was my first choice. We needed a quiet place to talk and not be bothered. Tosca sat us in the right back section which was perfect. The food was as usual top line. We had a bottle of unique spirits that was part of our business discussions. Tosca staff were very easy to deal with in terms of bringing in unstocked goods and serving the table.Special Features:
- First time dinersMernDined on 9/12/2014No question the food was outstanding as promised from all the reviews, but as a twosome we were seated in the back corner next to the waiters' station with one of us left staring at a blank wall. This does not make for a memorable occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is there any place better?WommieDined on 9/12/2014Amazing! I wish I had a better word that would capture the perfection of the food, service which made for friendly and happy patrons. Even though it is pricey the value is extremely high.Special Features:
- Always LovelymrhattVIPDined on 9/9/2014Food, service, ambience -- among the very best in Washington DC.Special Features:
- A World We Used to KnowyumyumDined on 9/8/2014When we lived and worked in DC many years ago, we often dined at restaurants like this. Beautiful food, powerful people, lots going on. We enjoyed it immensely. Dinner was lovely; gracious service; wonderful evening. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Fit for foodiesRandomReviewerDined on 9/8/2014Superb Italian restaurant. I had the swordfish. Unlike many American restaurants, the portions were not oversized, so I even had room for the Tiramisu desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected ExperienceFood4ChadDined on 9/5/2014Reserved a table at this gem based on a friend's recommendation and the Yelp reviews. Thankfully they it lived up to the rave. One item to note is that this place is much more formal than we were expecting (jacket and tie for most) since Yelp called the dress casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnnyDined on 9/5/2014One of our favorite spots in DC. Knowledgeable, helpful service. Very good food. Quiet, elegant, understated decor. Great place for a romantic meal or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian Food As AlwaysNilesVIPDined on 9/2/2014I travel quite a bit to Italy and find that most Italian restaurants in the US do not measure up in terms of the quality and authenticity of the food. Tosca is one of those rare instances where the food is exceptional and is either or par or even exceeds Italian restaurants in Italy (although, sometimes, their food is more inventive than traditional). I will admit that I have only tried the various pasta dishes at Tosca, and none of the fish and meat dishes. But, every pasta dish I have ever had has been either good or great. Some of their pasta creations (the lobster ravioli and the duck ravioli) are truly exceptional, as was the carrot pappardelle with the rabbit ragu. Looking forward to returning soon and trying their other creations!Special Features:
- Great Pre-Theater Menu and QuietGreytgirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014Tosca does a very nice three course price fixed menu for the pre-theater crowd (in and ordering before 6:30). The dining room decor is a little tired (and they have a renovation planned) but it is quiet and you can hear your companions easily. The pasta is excellent in any form. I also love their risotto. The pork I had was also very good, but the pasta is really superlative. Service is always unobtrusive and professional.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Our food was exceptional. The wine was wonderful but expensive. I would recommend to anyone celebrating a special occasion since I could not afford to dine there often. The only issue is that it looks closed from the outside. Windows were completely covered but they are renovating starting today and I hope they factor the exterior's appearance into the renovations.Special Features:
- Good but priceyTosteDined on 8/9/2014We had a good dinner, good service, nice desert. Only complaint is that it should be rated as $$$$, not $$$.Special Features:
- SandyVIPDined on 8/7/2014Service went from to attentive to 'where's our waiter?' (Strange.) The food was good. Though not as good as I anticipated judging by the range of choices on their pre-theater dinner menu. The three of us went early for the reasonably-priced $38 three-course pre-theater dinner so it was not crowded or noisy when we got there. I had a taste of three different entrees (meat, chicken, fish). We requested three separate checks but apparently they were unable to split the $30 half bottle of wine between the two of us who shared it. That too we thought strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Tosca! AMAZINGOhSoGoodVIPDined on 7/28/2014Probably the BEST meal we've had in the year that we've been living in Washington, DC and eating out regularly -- we moved from a foodie city and have been searching for a truly delicious meal... We found it at Tosca and we can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A finer twist on ItalianKennyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Very nice restaurant with an innovative Italian menu. I had the duck ravioli and it was awesome. My wife had the pesto dish and raved about it. Service is old style - folks are very professional and know their menu. Overall ... A bit pricey but for a business dinner or a special occasion it is a good value and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Best pappardelleOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/21/2014As always, Tosca shines like the North Star in a neighborhood without much to offer. The carrot pappardelle with rabbit ragu is always delicious, as were the scallops and branzino during out last visit. One of my favorite places in the city.Special Features:
- Flawless!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014Their chef is clearly headed to higher places...Fantastic menu with many daily features. Worth every penny...Do not be fooled my posers. Fresh intelligent timeless dishes that will inspire and satisfy. Catch them at their peak.
- rlknpb50Dined on 7/19/2014I think Tosca is a Washington gem. The service and food are excellent, always. The waiters never miss a trick and the staff are warm and friendly. The last time we went, I asked if they would be able to serve us dover sole. They made a special effort to accommodate the request by ordering it from their supplier even tho they had not planned to have it on the menu that evening. And it was delicious! Lovely restaurant all the way around....and underrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very GoodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014Food and service were above average. I had the salmon and it was done perfectly. My friends had steak and I was told it was exceptional and cooked perfectly to order. Would come again.Special Features:
- Great Restaurant Downtownjt123VIPDined on 7/15/2014Tosca gave us a great meal. Service was attentive and prompt. The food was inventive and excellently prepared. The restaurant was stylish without being overpoweringSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, the place to celebrateLoveFoodDined on 7/14/2014For foodies. Food prepared well, presented well with impeccable service. Always first class dining. Will be back for next celebrationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLovediningoutDined on 7/12/2014I was expecting something great from this restaurant, but it was very average and overpriced. I want to blame the dishes I picked, but when paying such hefty prices I believe everything should taste fabulous. The staff was polite, but not very engaging. Overpriced and mediocre food.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningCaraDined on 7/12/2014We love this restaurant and need to start going more often. Dinner was amazing (squash blossom and salad appetisers; duck ravioli, grilled octopus and other fish for the mains). The wine list is well-curated at all price points, and the service is always personal without being too much. Husband and I each got a birthday tiramisu which gave us plenty to share with the table. my one quibble is that they charge for valet parking. yes, it;s downtown, but still, it's the only jarring note in an otherwise perfect experience.Special Features:
- Exactly RighttraceytravelDined on 7/12/2014From the reservation to the goodbye, this restaurant was spot on. Menu was interesting and the food was excellent. Beautiful, well presented, and perfectly prepared. Ambiance was just right. I particularly appreciated the patience of the waitstaff, as we had questions. I also appreciated the no rush attitude. Plenty of time for the cocktail, the dinner and moments to savor the dinner and drinks after.Special Features:
- Pre-theater menu still a good dealCapitolHillVIPDined on 7/11/2014We have enjoyed this "early bird" menu many times and while there have been subtle downgrades (you no longer get an amuse bouche, the pork tenderloin entree no longer has its signature mushroom crust, an entree of lamb meatballs is, well, just a couple of meatballs) it's still a good experience. What keeps us coming back is the service and ambience. Yes, you can actually have a conversation without shouting at one another across the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best in DCDennisDined on 7/9/2014There is NO BETTER restaurant in Wash DC. All special occasions deserve Tosca. The food is always wonderful -- honestly exceeds in every way. Service is outstanding. Entire experience is WOW!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Rate Dining ExperienceDiningDivaDined on 7/8/2014Tosca Ristorante is classic. Welcoming hostesses... Elegant decor ... Tables far enough apart that you can talk ... And the food was delicious! The menu offers a nice selection of Northern Italian dishes. My swordfish over grilled peaches and plums with a pesto garnish was so flavorful. The waiter was very helpful and made a great wine suggestion. Next time we're in DC we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/5/2014Hard to decide whether the service or the food wins out here... but probably the food. I had a half order to ravioli "off the menu" that was fantastic and lamb chops that could not have been prepared more perfectly. My wife had corn chowder and a mushroom risotto that was probably the best I've ever tasted. (YES... we ate off each others plates) Ranks at the top of my personal list among Grammercy Tavern in New York, Prime 112 in Miami and Boulevard in San Francisco. HIGHLY recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Ambiance was Very GoodMarkDined on 7/5/2014The food and ambiance as good. The service was very good, also. Leisurely. Nice. We will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- VINOVinoDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful ambiance, exemplary service, outstanding food preparation and presentation. We will absolutely return to enjoy again.Special Features:
- Annoying waiterOVARATEDDined on 7/3/2014July 3rd Enjoyed the food, had an issues with the Waiter, seemed insistent upon helping select a wine, we said we are "Ok", he said I'm just trying to do my job. My friend ordered Ravioli with Lobster, was served and my friend ask for parmesan and the waiter GASP and said you're stabbing me in the heart to see that....do you know how that makes your customers feel? I noticed other staff members listening to his comments and most likely were thinking is this guy for real. Turns out this waiter is not Italian and thinks he's the food guru and makes you feel bad based on what you eat and how you eat it. My friend finished his dish before I did and waiter said "Ah your friend knows how to savor his dish", another offensive remark.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014we thoroughly enjoyed the restaurant. Food was delicious.Wewould definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tosca RestaurantjoanDined on 6/28/2014Our evening at Tosca restaurant was a wonderful experience. The food was excellent as was the service. We could talk without shouting amongst our party of six! I recommend the scallops but everyone loved his/ her choice of meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reliably SuperbCoreytreeDined on 6/27/2014We've been dining at Tosca since it opened, and we eat there once or twice a year because it is a sure-thing for a great evening of fine dining. The pastas are always excellent. The fish is always fresh, tasty and well prepared. Meats are exquisite. Cocktails and wines are well executed and well curated. Waiters are attentive yet unobtrusive. Tosca is always a winner in our experience. One added fun thing is there are often recognizable political and media folks dining here as well, not that that really matters, but it's a bit of fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply wonderfulmollykatesmomDined on 6/27/2014My husband and I visited Tosca on a Friday evening as part of a city getaway. The food was fantastic, the wine list was incredible and the ambiance was lovely. We enjoyed it so much, we are already planning a return visit. If you haven't eaten here - try it. You won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great evening at ToscaMPdinerDined on 6/26/2014We had a wonderful evening eating at Tosca. First our waitperson, Grace, was outstanding! My husband ordered the soft shell crab app and loved it. I ordered the arugula salad with octopus and it was delicious. I had the simply prepared red snapper which was fantastic and my husband had the fettuccine with venison ragu that he said was delish. We ended with sorbet and berries and gelato and berries which were all a perfect ending. I would highly recommend Tosca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmeVIPDined on 6/25/2014I've always had a good meal at Tosca, but I always leave feeling like it makes itself out to be more than it holds itself out to be. Certainly, 5 stars for ambience, with the white-jacketed servers, dim lighting, and white tablecloths. But $30 for 8 ravioli? Appetizers in the $15-25 range? $13 small mixed salads? I may come here on an expense account, but not sure if I'd come on my own dime.Special Features:
- SwitzerlandVIPDined on 6/25/2014The swordfish and the lamb meatballs were outstanding! Service was excellent as always.Special Features:
- Incredible Food & Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/21/2014Staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The food was some of the best I've had in the citySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.