1112 F Street
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.toscadc.com/
- Phone: 2023671990x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:30pm – 10:30pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:30pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Massimo Fabbri
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private spaces available. Please call for details
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Fotter - email@example.com 2023671990x
- Special Events: Private and semi-private facilities for groups up to 30 guests. Tosca has a small private dining room for up to 15 guests. we also have a semi-private space for up to 24 guests.
A word from Tosca Ristorante
Ristorante Tosca offers the finest in contemporary northern Italian cuisine by executive Chef Massimo Fabbri. He interprets Italian cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients, using a creative approach that respects the great traditions of Tuscan gastronomy. Tosca combines modern style and elegance to create an intimate and comfortable setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Tosca Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tosca Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (101)fit for foodies (99)notable wine list (68)romantic (55)great for lunch (31)neighborhood gem (28)good for groups (27)hot spot (13)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)great for outdoor dining (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great service and delicious food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014My friends and I visited Tosca this past weekend - we were in Washington for a girl's weekend and really enjoyed our late dinner at Tosca. The food was absolutely delicious and the variety was great. We were very pleased with the service and would recommend Tosca to others - especially for a special night out, like an anniversary or special birthday. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tosca7Foodie7VIPDined on 10/18/2014Tosca understands the art of pleasing the patron. They were very accommodating and honored our reservation on a Saturday night even though we were 30 minutes late due to a road closure near the restaurant. They did not hurry us at all and provided an ambience that induced to linger and enjoy the whole experience. The food was fresh, perfectly cooked in line with our special requests and arrived promptly. It was my wife's birthday and they brought out a nice Tiramisu with a candle. The owner greeted us upon arrival and bid us adieu as we departed. We were both very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014This is what Italian food is supposed to taste like. The server is dressed in suits and serve your meals. While it's a very nice restaurant, the restaurant had a high chair and was very accommodating for my 2-year old daughter - the server mentioned that they can make anything for her that's not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceDCOctoberDined on 10/17/2014The dining room is bit bright, but the service and food are very, very good. I had the sea bass and my date had the lobster ravioli and both were wonderful. Well done.Special Features:
- Great for the pre-theater crowdOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Wonderful atmosphere, attentive servers, delicious food...and all for a great price. We did the prix fixe menu since we had to make it to the 7:30 performance of the Capitol Steps, which was just a few blocks away. The courses came out a little slow, but I don't think we ever told our server we had a performance to get to. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even mentioned it. Would love to go back when we aren't under time pressures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its lusterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/16/2014Used to love it. Afraid that my last meal was just not that good. Pasta was overcooked and the mozzarella tasted store bought. Will not be back.
- Happy birthdayBearDined on 10/15/2014Well chosen for a celebration. Very professional staff, marvelous food. We had a pre theater menu and still came away a bit too full, pasta is exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food, venue and serviceConnoisseurDined on 10/14/2014Fantastic service only rivaled by the food. Spectacular wine list with an overall great vibe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PastaliciousbdaycelebrationDined on 10/11/2014Really great pasta. Great attentive service. Only complaint was that some other guests were rather loud. Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEKZooVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and myself both had a three course dinner special. I started with carpaccio followed by veal ravioli and then Bamba al Cioccoato. Everything was delicious and well presented. Service was great. Highly recommended and we will return. The dining room is sleek using neutral colors.Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointedZippoDined on 10/8/2014I have been a fan since Tosca opened. This was my first disappointing meal. The room was packed as was the bar. Nose level including a birthday party in the far corner made the entire restaurant noisier than I had ever recalled. While my grilled fish portion was cooke perfectly,the presentation was more than modest. Prices were steep. I hadn't paid $15 and change, $20 including tip for one martini ever!Special Features:
- Excellent and expensiveNjoydineDined on 10/7/2014Not the typical Italian fare but nonetheless excellent choices that expand your eating experience. Great wine list and attentive and appreciative service.Special Features:
- Excellent DC ChoiceOnthetownDined on 10/7/2014My friend and I enjoyed the $38 prix fixe meal. All 3 courses were incredibly delicious with ample portions accompanied by a lovely wine selection. Close in downtown and easily accessible by subway or bus this is a definite "10"Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinning ExperienceDinesteinDined on 10/4/2014I saw this on line and decided to take a chance. It was a great experience and the service was outstanding . The server we had went beyond the call of duty. I am know good dinning and this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out, But...RonFromGlenMillsDined on 10/3/2014The food was good, a nice selection with ample portions. Nice wine list, which is worthy of boasting about. The only thing that would keep me from going back was that our waiter kept trying to change my decision for me and was a bit aggressive with whatever he was told to push that night. Moreover, he was a bit over-fond of my wife, being (in our opinion) over-the-top with his sketchy flirtations. And not just my wife, but several date-nights were present and the gentlemen may as well have not been there. Did not go well with me at all and my wife was rather uncomfortable, but it wasn't enough to ruin the evening or to notify management. Other than that, not a bad experience... we laughed about it afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fabulous!LisaDined on 9/30/2014I enjoyed the best meal, relaxing time, nice atmosphere and a very attentive staff that made me feel like the Queen of Tosca! Paolo and his staff do a wonderful job with greeting guest, ensuring that you never have to wait for anything and make great recommendations to eliminate the stress of figuring out what to order. The wine list is excellent. I highly recommend this Neighborhood Gem to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerkrasVIPDined on 9/22/2014Went to Tosca for dinner while visiting DC. Lovely setting, with sufficient room between tables and not overly boisterous. Superb wine list, with numerous Italian, and other European labels, and domestic wines as well. Numerous choices for individual glasses of wine as well. Wine-steward recommended a full-bodied Tuscan red blend - superb! Dinner was very good, not wonderful. Fresh, home-made pastas were best. Appetizers & desserts okay, not great. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceVeteranFoodieDined on 9/22/2014This was our first visit to Tosca, dinner for 4 on a Monday night and the restaurant was surprisingly busy. Two cocktails, and later, four glasses of wine (Pinot Gris and Proseco) were presented quickly to start the meal. Appetizers included the lobster salad, bufala mozzarella salad, squash blossoms and a 1/2 order of seafood risotto. All were quite good, the risotto particularly so. Entrees included duck ravioli, mezzaluna, seafood risotto and veal chop. Again, all were quite good. Desserts included semifreddo, chocolate bombe, mixed gelatos and mixed sorbets. Service was attentive without being intrusive. While the bill was somewhat high, we felt the quality of food and service merit future visits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/20/2014Absolutely wonderful, the restaurant has been renovated and it is a serene and calming environment to enjoy the wonderful cuisine. Service is flawless and servers are knowledgeable and always have great recommendations. Wine list is extensive and reasonably priced. Menu allows either a la carte or tasting menu but allows choices from tasting menu as a la carte. The rabbit ragu and carrot pasta is a favorite and the risottos are always an excellent choice. This is one of our favorite restaurants in DC and has never let us down. Not to be missedQSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- personalized servicehungrygrannyDined on 9/19/2014excellent food . large diverse menu. kitchen willing to offer smaller portions of of items, or larger , if you want an appetizer for an entree. surprisingly quiet for a large downtown restaurant. They hand make all their pasta and it was delicious.Special Features:
- Business Dinnercupe919Dined on 9/18/2014We had a group of 6 (all from out of town) that went for dinner after a meeting. The service was excellent and our table was ready when we arrived. It was a very pleasant atmosphere and the noise level allowed for conversation without shouting across the table. Although it did increase as the evening went on. The menu is well thought out with plenty of variety. It's definitely not your run of the mill Italian menu. I tried the lobster ravioli which was good but I felt like the serving size was too small. Excellent wine list and a very good tiramisu. Overall a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VIP lunchWineImportersDined on 9/16/2014When we had a need to entertain a Hollywood Director at a business meeting Tosca was my first choice. We needed a quiet place to talk and not be bothered. Tosca sat us in the right back section which was perfect. The food was as usual top line. We had a bottle of unique spirits that was part of our business discussions. Tosca staff were very easy to deal with in terms of bringing in unstocked goods and serving the table.Special Features:
- awesome birthdaygthokieDined on 9/12/2014We went here before a show at the warner theater for my birthday. The food was great and they overheard someone at the table wish me happy birthday and they brought a delicious desert for the table. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time dinersMernDined on 9/12/2014No question the food was outstanding as promised from all the reviews, but as a twosome we were seated in the back corner next to the waiters' station with one of us left staring at a blank wall. This does not make for a memorable occasion.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Is there any place better?WommieDined on 9/12/2014Amazing! I wish I had a better word that would capture the perfection of the food, service which made for friendly and happy patrons. Even though it is pricey the value is extremely high.Special Features:
- Always LovelymrhattVIPDined on 9/9/2014Food, service, ambience -- among the very best in Washington DC.Special Features:
- A World We Used to KnowyumyumDined on 9/8/2014When we lived and worked in DC many years ago, we often dined at restaurants like this. Beautiful food, powerful people, lots going on. We enjoyed it immensely. Dinner was lovely; gracious service; wonderful evening. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Fit for foodiesRandomReviewerDined on 9/8/2014Superb Italian restaurant. I had the swordfish. Unlike many American restaurants, the portions were not oversized, so I even had room for the Tiramisu desert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected ExperienceFood4ChadDined on 9/5/2014Reserved a table at this gem based on a friend's recommendation and the Yelp reviews. Thankfully they it lived up to the rave. One item to note is that this place is much more formal than we were expecting (jacket and tie for most) since Yelp called the dress casual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- johnnyDined on 9/5/2014One of our favorite spots in DC. Knowledgeable, helpful service. Very good food. Quiet, elegant, understated decor. Great place for a romantic meal or special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian Food As AlwaysNilesVIPDined on 9/2/2014I travel quite a bit to Italy and find that most Italian restaurants in the US do not measure up in terms of the quality and authenticity of the food. Tosca is one of those rare instances where the food is exceptional and is either or par or even exceeds Italian restaurants in Italy (although, sometimes, their food is more inventive than traditional). I will admit that I have only tried the various pasta dishes at Tosca, and none of the fish and meat dishes. But, every pasta dish I have ever had has been either good or great. Some of their pasta creations (the lobster ravioli and the duck ravioli) are truly exceptional, as was the carrot pappardelle with the rabbit ragu. Looking forward to returning soon and trying their other creations!Special Features:
- Great Pre-Theater Menu and QuietGreytgirlVIPDined on 8/15/2014Tosca does a very nice three course price fixed menu for the pre-theater crowd (in and ordering before 6:30). The dining room decor is a little tired (and they have a renovation planned) but it is quiet and you can hear your companions easily. The pasta is excellent in any form. I also love their risotto. The pork I had was also very good, but the pasta is really superlative. Service is always unobtrusive and professional.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014Our food was exceptional. The wine was wonderful but expensive. I would recommend to anyone celebrating a special occasion since I could not afford to dine there often. The only issue is that it looks closed from the outside. Windows were completely covered but they are renovating starting today and I hope they factor the exterior's appearance into the renovations.Special Features:
- Good but priceyTosteDined on 8/9/2014We had a good dinner, good service, nice desert. Only complaint is that it should be rated as $$$$, not $$$.Special Features:
- SandyVIPDined on 8/7/2014Service went from to attentive to 'where's our waiter?' (Strange.) The food was good. Though not as good as I anticipated judging by the range of choices on their pre-theater dinner menu. The three of us went early for the reasonably-priced $38 three-course pre-theater dinner so it was not crowded or noisy when we got there. I had a taste of three different entrees (meat, chicken, fish). We requested three separate checks but apparently they were unable to split the $30 half bottle of wine between the two of us who shared it. That too we thought strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go to Tosca! AMAZINGOhSoGoodVIPDined on 7/28/2014Probably the BEST meal we've had in the year that we've been living in Washington, DC and eating out regularly -- we moved from a foodie city and have been searching for a truly delicious meal... We found it at Tosca and we can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A finer twist on ItalianKennyVIPDined on 7/21/2014Very nice restaurant with an innovative Italian menu. I had the duck ravioli and it was awesome. My wife had the pesto dish and raved about it. Service is old style - folks are very professional and know their menu. Overall ... A bit pricey but for a business dinner or a special occasion it is a good value and you won't be disappointed.Special Features:
- Best pappardelleOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/21/2014As always, Tosca shines like the North Star in a neighborhood without much to offer. The carrot pappardelle with rabbit ragu is always delicious, as were the scallops and branzino during out last visit. One of my favorite places in the city.Special Features:
- Flawless!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/19/2014Their chef is clearly headed to higher places...Fantastic menu with many daily features. Worth every penny...Do not be fooled my posers. Fresh intelligent timeless dishes that will inspire and satisfy. Catch them at their peak.
- rlknpb50Dined on 7/19/2014I think Tosca is a Washington gem. The service and food are excellent, always. The waiters never miss a trick and the staff are warm and friendly. The last time we went, I asked if they would be able to serve us dover sole. They made a special effort to accommodate the request by ordering it from their supplier even tho they had not planned to have it on the menu that evening. And it was delicious! Lovely restaurant all the way around....and underrated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.