1112 F Street
Washington, DC 20004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.toscadc.com/
- Phone: (202) 367-1990
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday – Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday – Thursday: 5:30pm – 10:30pm, Friday – Saturday: 5:30pm – 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Matteo Venini
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please call restaurant for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Private and semi-private spaces available. Please call for details
- Private Party Contact: Lisa Fotter - email@example.com 2023671990x
- Special Events: Private and semi-private facilities for groups up to 30 guests. Tosca has a small private dining room for up to 15 guests. we also have a semi-private space for up to 24 guests.
A word from Tosca Ristorante
Ristorante Tosca offers the finest in contemporary northern Italian cuisine. Tosca serves Italian cuisine with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients, using a creative approach that respects the great traditions of Tuscan gastronomy. Tosca combines modern style and elegance to create an intimate and comfortable setting.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Tosca Ristorante - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Tosca Ristorante reviews from OpenTable diners
152 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (113)special occasion (96)notable wine list (69)romantic (51)great for lunch (32)good for groups (32)neighborhood gem (29)hot spot (17)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- JaniceDined on 11/22/2014as always the food is beautifully presented, but better than that, it is excellent preparation and ingredients. Service was terrific, and the wine we chose was superb.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SmartCookieGalVIPDined on 11/21/2014Tosca is a wonderful place where you know that the quality of food, service and drinks would be amazing every time! It is perfect both for business lunches and romantic dinners, which is a rare combination.Special Features:
- PerfectionLPG1VIPDined on 11/20/2014We loved every second of our meal, every mouthful and were thrilled that Tosca is back in great form. As is our wont, my husband and I shared three courses: salad, pasta, and fish. The fettucine with mushrooms and butternut squash was (note to self) really too fabulous to share, and the roasted branzino was at once delicate and full of flavor. And don't ask me why the extra dry Tito's martini was such a joy to sip -- it just was.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for Business Dinners with time to talkPartnershipperDined on 11/17/2014We reserved on the early side and loved the prix fixe menu that had to be ordered by 6:30. The service was excellent and unobtrusive and allowed us to have great conversation without being interrupted.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A lovely eveningLuluVIPDined on 11/15/2014This was first time for me and I especially appreciated the quiet. My friend, who Is a wine collector, brought his own. The waitress served it with impeccable style. We both enjoyed our meal as well. We'll visit this restaurant again and be recommending it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impeccable!erolsoDined on 11/13/2014Always a great food experience at Tosca, with tremendous menu and gracious service. Wine list is excellent and their knowledge of Italian wines makes for perfect pairings. I've been fortunate enough to visit twice in the Fall/Winter during white truffle season, and their white truffle risotto is not to be missed. Duck confit ravioli and game ragus/pasta are absolutely out of this world. Only word of caution is their fish dishes - while solid - don't really match the meat/pasta dishes in terms of exquisite flavors and execution. No contest - my top restaurant in DC!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tosca Rocks!!JeffandChristyVIPDined on 11/13/2014I am a huge fan of food and customer service. Paolo and the team at Tosca provide both at the highest level. The food is amazing and the staff are even better. This is a must to go for a great dinner in downtown DC. JeffSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tosca is a gemJDpdxeatsDined on 11/10/2014Tosca was a treat for my son and I, who last minute decided to dine here. The only thing better the the food was the service. The waiters were as attentive as any restaurant I've been to. The evening was winding down, which sometimes can cause a service letdown. Not here, they continued to work the room as a team. I was really impressed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Good food, especially sea bass. I also ordered octopus which was also pretty good. however it is really noisy after 7pm.
- Outstanding food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014Opting for the pre-theater menu provided excellent food at a reasonable price plus easy proximity to the Warner Theater. Several of the appetizers were good enough to upgrade to entrée level. All of the people in the party were delighted with their food, and the servers ensured that we were out on time. Valet parking the car at the restaurant worked well for an early show. A good choice for theater destinations!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not specialNotafoodieDined on 11/8/2014Given the decor, the prices and the rankings and my expectations were high. Tosca fell flat. Food was average, the ambiance, with squeezed in tables so you were forced to talk to your neighbors, was average at best, and the service was no better. Skip it.
- Best Italian in DCGastronomyHunterVIPDined on 11/6/2014From the classics to the innovative, Tosca nails it. They welcome you graciously, the menu's only drawback is that too many items call out to you, the wine list is diverse and improves with each passing year, the service is terrific, and the food top flight. What more can one ask for? Bravo Tosca!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best in Washington!GastronautDCVIPDined on 11/6/2014I have been dining at Tosca since they opened. It is ALWAYS great. This most recent visit did not disapoint! Salads, pasta, and sea food all incredibly delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant's High Rating is Correctpine2dineDined on 11/1/2014Food is well prepared and presented. Service is friendly and quite excellent. Some folks have written that the price is a bit high. I however, think prices are in line given the quality of food and how one "handles" the wine list. We had an odd group of seven and had a nice round table with enough room to sit comfortably. Appreciated being able to have everyone engage in conversation as opposed to being seated at a long table. The ability to obtain 1/2 portions of entree's to substitute as starters was great...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dining experiencearleaterzDined on 10/31/2014Ideal spot for elegant pre-theater or special occasion meal. (Pre-theater menu available only until 6:30.) Excellent service (not pretentious).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- White tablecloth with Great foodMoisesDined on 10/27/2014This is an awesome restaurant. Food is a 5-star for sure. Decoration is a bit plain like any other white tablecloth restaurant.Special Features:
- Excellent food and servicePepedenoDined on 10/25/2014Good balance throughout the dinner, tasteful and quantity; pasta al fine dente with right flavored sauces made all dishes excellent; also excellent desserts. For us was the dinner previous to the marathon run, so it was perfect.Special Features:
- Exquisite food in elegant settingnorthsiderDined on 10/24/2014The quality of the food was amazing. My halibut was as good as the best steak (and I am a steak lover); husband's duck breast perfect, and the salads were works of art. We did not want to eat a lot and felt no pressure to do so. For dessert we shared a Meyer lemon tart with basil ice cream and it was indescribably good. I have to have more of that basil ice cream!Special Features:
- ExcellentRichardGDined on 10/22/2014Food and service was top notch. Expensive but you don't leave feeling that you overpaid.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JRJBDined on 10/21/2014I was not impressed with the food. After being reccommended by the hotel concierge I was dissapointed. Overpriced for such small portions. The atmosphere is nice and great service but I was there for ther food.Special Features:
- Great service and delicious food!GirlsweekendsrockDined on 10/18/2014My friends and I visited Tosca this past weekend - we were in Washington for a girl's weekend and really enjoyed our late dinner at Tosca. The food was absolutely delicious and the variety was great. We were very pleased with the service and would recommend Tosca to others - especially for a special night out, like an anniversary or special birthday. Wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tosca7Foodie7VIPDined on 10/18/2014Tosca understands the art of pleasing the patron. They were very accommodating and honored our reservation on a Saturday night even though we were 30 minutes late due to a road closure near the restaurant. They did not hurry us at all and provided an ambience that induced to linger and enjoy the whole experience. The food was fresh, perfectly cooked in line with our special requests and arrived promptly. It was my wife's birthday and they brought out a nice Tiramisu with a candle. The owner greeted us upon arrival and bid us adieu as we departed. We were both very satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian fine diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014This is what Italian food is supposed to taste like. The server is dressed in suits and serve your meals. While it's a very nice restaurant, the restaurant had a high chair and was very accommodating for my 2-year old daughter - the server mentioned that they can make anything for her that's not on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dining experienceDCOctoberDined on 10/17/2014The dining room is bit bright, but the service and food are very, very good. I had the sea bass and my date had the lobster ravioli and both were wonderful. Well done.Special Features:
- Great for the pre-theater crowdShawneeKSReviewerDined on 10/17/2014Wonderful atmosphere, attentive servers, delicious food...and all for a great price. We did the prix fixe menu since we had to make it to the 7:30 performance of the Capitol Steps, which was just a few blocks away. The courses came out a little slow, but I don't think we ever told our server we had a performance to get to. Otherwise, I wouldn't have even mentioned it. Would love to go back when we aren't under time pressures.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lost its lusterOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/16/2014Used to love it. Afraid that my last meal was just not that good. Pasta was overcooked and the mozzarella tasted store bought. Will not be back.
- Happy birthdayBearVIPDined on 10/15/2014Well chosen for a celebration. Very professional staff, marvelous food. We had a pre theater menu and still came away a bit too full, pasta is exceptional.Special Features:
- Great food, venue and serviceConnoisseurDined on 10/14/2014Fantastic service only rivaled by the food. Spectacular wine list with an overall great vibe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PastaliciousbdaycelebrationDined on 10/11/2014Really great pasta. Great attentive service. Only complaint was that some other guests were rather loud. Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousEKZooVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and myself both had a three course dinner special. I started with carpaccio followed by veal ravioli and then Bamba al Cioccoato. Everything was delicious and well presented. Service was great. Highly recommended and we will return. The dining room is sleek using neutral colors.Special Features:
- Slightly DisappointedZippoDined on 10/8/2014I have been a fan since Tosca opened. This was my first disappointing meal. The room was packed as was the bar. Nose level including a birthday party in the far corner made the entire restaurant noisier than I had ever recalled. While my grilled fish portion was cooke perfectly,the presentation was more than modest. Prices were steep. I hadn't paid $15 and change, $20 including tip for one martini ever!Special Features:
- Excellent and expensiveNjoydineDined on 10/7/2014Not the typical Italian fare but nonetheless excellent choices that expand your eating experience. Great wine list and attentive and appreciative service.Special Features:
- Excellent DC ChoiceOnthetownDined on 10/7/2014My friend and I enjoyed the $38 prix fixe meal. All 3 courses were incredibly delicious with ample portions accompanied by a lovely wine selection. Close in downtown and easily accessible by subway or bus this is a definite "10"Special Features:
- Wonderful Dinning ExperienceDinesteinDined on 10/4/2014I saw this on line and decided to take a chance. It was a great experience and the service was outstanding . The server we had went beyond the call of duty. I am know good dinning and this is the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out, But...RonFromGlenMillsDined on 10/3/2014The food was good, a nice selection with ample portions. Nice wine list, which is worthy of boasting about. The only thing that would keep me from going back was that our waiter kept trying to change my decision for me and was a bit aggressive with whatever he was told to push that night. Moreover, he was a bit over-fond of my wife, being (in our opinion) over-the-top with his sketchy flirtations. And not just my wife, but several date-nights were present and the gentlemen may as well have not been there. Did not go well with me at all and my wife was rather uncomfortable, but it wasn't enough to ruin the evening or to notify management. Other than that, not a bad experience... we laughed about it afterwards.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Fabulous!LisaDined on 9/30/2014I enjoyed the best meal, relaxing time, nice atmosphere and a very attentive staff that made me feel like the Queen of Tosca! Paolo and his staff do a wonderful job with greeting guest, ensuring that you never have to wait for anything and make great recommendations to eliminate the stress of figuring out what to order. The wine list is excellent. I highly recommend this Neighborhood Gem to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderful dinnerkrasVIPDined on 9/22/2014Went to Tosca for dinner while visiting DC. Lovely setting, with sufficient room between tables and not overly boisterous. Superb wine list, with numerous Italian, and other European labels, and domestic wines as well. Numerous choices for individual glasses of wine as well. Wine-steward recommended a full-bodied Tuscan red blend - superb! Dinner was very good, not wonderful. Fresh, home-made pastas were best. Appetizers & desserts okay, not great. Would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good serviceVeteranFoodieDined on 9/22/2014This was our first visit to Tosca, dinner for 4 on a Monday night and the restaurant was surprisingly busy. Two cocktails, and later, four glasses of wine (Pinot Gris and Proseco) were presented quickly to start the meal. Appetizers included the lobster salad, bufala mozzarella salad, squash blossoms and a 1/2 order of seafood risotto. All were quite good, the risotto particularly so. Entrees included duck ravioli, mezzaluna, seafood risotto and veal chop. Again, all were quite good. Desserts included semifreddo, chocolate bombe, mixed gelatos and mixed sorbets. Service was attentive without being intrusive. While the bill was somewhat high, we felt the quality of food and service merit future visits.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/20/2014Absolutely wonderful, the restaurant has been renovated and it is a serene and calming environment to enjoy the wonderful cuisine. Service is flawless and servers are knowledgeable and always have great recommendations. Wine list is extensive and reasonably priced. Menu allows either a la carte or tasting menu but allows choices from tasting menu as a la carte. The rabbit ragu and carrot pasta is a favorite and the risottos are always an excellent choice. This is one of our favorite restaurants in DC and has never let us down. Not to be missedQSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- personalized servicehungrygrannyDined on 9/19/2014excellent food . large diverse menu. kitchen willing to offer smaller portions of of items, or larger , if you want an appetizer for an entree. surprisingly quiet for a large downtown restaurant. They hand make all their pasta and it was delicious.Special Features: