14 North Street
Hingham, MA 02043Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.toscahingham.com/
- Phone: 7817400080
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Long
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Tosca can provide a setting for business dinners and meetings to weddings and showers to anniversaries and birthdays. Whether you choose the Classic, Rustic look of 'The Wine Room' or the sophisticated, continental flavor of 'The Salon' it will set the stage for a grand event or intimate celebration
- Private Party Contact: Chris Sugrue 7817400080
A word from Tosca
Tosca is the flagship restaurant of Eat Well Inc. Open for dinner only, Tosca is located on historic Hingham Harbor and offers creative regional Italian cuisine focusing on fresh New England flavors and local, seasonal ingredients. Constructed in the 1910 Granary Marketplace building, the award-winning restaurant boasts a theatrical setting with exposed brick, imported tiles, mahogany woods, and an open kitchen from which executive chef Kevin Long takes center stage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
Tosca - Best Restaurants in Hingham ›
Tosca reviews from OpenTable diners
155 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (106)fit for foodies (85)romantic (77)notable wine list (70)neighborhood gem (57)good for groups (46)vibrant bar scene (38)hot spot (19)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (6)great for lunch (5)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- sunday night at toscaericDined on 10/19/2014Meal was outstanding. Best meal I have had on the South Shore. No complaints only admiration for the freshness of the served food and its tastiness. After 35 years in Europe my wife and I were dying to try the steak tartar.....It did not disappoint. Super freshly ground beef with all the classic seasoning. Well done! The pasta dishes were freshly made, freshly served and full of bold taste. We had single glasses of wine which were very generous portions and lasted the whole meal. We were accompanied by a handicapped member of the family in a walking frame which was very easily accommodated by the staff. We were very thankful.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/11/2014We had and excellent time and the food was wonderful! Our favorite dinner place on the South Shore.Special Features:
- Pumpkin Whoopie PiesOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/10/2014If you haven't tried these, try them. Best dessert yet!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected moreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/4/2014I've heard great things and I was looking forward to my first visit- the atmosphere was lovely but the service was lacking and the food was good but over-priced. It was downtown Boston prices without the downtown or the quality of food.
- Very disappointed, service badOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/3/2014We are frequent diners here. Usually great service, great ambiance, and good food. We have noticed in the past year that the service quality has diminished and in this time was terrible. We had an 8pm reservation, and checked in with the hostess when we arrived around 7:45pm and said we would be over at the bar and she indicated she would come find us when our table was ready. 8pm came and went and so I checked in again, 8:25 came and went checked in again, she never came and got us, finally seated around 8:30 with no apology. They seemed very understaffed and waiter barely gave us time of day and seem put off by requests for bread, water etc. Food not great either, service bad. May look for new favorite spot.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/3/2014very disappointing. We had the worse table in the place... It was sooo crowded I had to tap people on the shoulder and ask them to move because they were on top on our table. We ordered a bottle of wine before dinner...finished that and ordered another one. It took 20 minutes for it and they brought the wrong bottle. I do not expect that from a restaurant like Tosca. The waiter came after 15 minutes and told us after we had drank the first glass. Never offered to comp it or anything. Three out of the four of us ordered the special (ribeye) and they all complained about how tough it was. We have been there several times before but I will not be in a rush to go back. It is very expensive to leave and not be happy!!Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/2/2014Perfect place for a delicious meal, comfortable atmosphere and easy access. Went on a Thursday night and food, service and environment were all perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It Gets Better Every Time!themerchantofvinosDined on 9/30/2014We've been going to Tosca 2-3 times a year since it opened. The remarkable thing about it is IT GETS BETTER WITH EVERY VISIT! This restaurant never takes things for granted and seems to be pushing to get better all the time. Great food, classy room, good wine list (special kudos to the half bottle wine list) and nice people. Thanks Tosca!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/27/2014We have been going to Tosca for years and always had a great experience there. The food is consistently very good and the service is usually great. Our most recent visit was not as positive for our party because our server kept trying to "sell us up" to more expensive wines, more appetizers, etc. Our friends had never been to Tosca before and by the end of the evening, we were feeling disappointed and a little "ripped off."Special Features:
- Great swordfish!lovinghinghamDined on 9/26/2014Excellent food and service. A little loud and dark so bring your reading glasses to read the menu. The wine list is on an Ipad and actually warned me that the wine I wanted only had 4 bottles left. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The whole experience was greatAverageJoanneDined on 9/26/2014Make reservations and bring your wallet fully loaded but worth the money. Long wine list and very knowledgable staff but wine is very expensive. Our server said she had been there 13 years, she made recommendations and let us know about splitting larger portion dishes to get the most out of the food. We both had filet and the sauces were delicious. Sautéed mushrooms were the best dish on the table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SouthShoreDinerSouthShoreDinerDined on 9/19/2014As always Tosca never disappoints. The ambience is great, food was excellent and great service. Still our favorite place since it first opened.Special Features:
- Toscarichmargieseptember192014Dined on 9/19/2014Food and service was excellent.....extremely noisey for fine dining....ambiance was nice........not very romantic setting..........too much noise....bar crowd over spills to restaurant..........Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not up to usual standardreluctantreviewerVIPDined on 9/19/2014Should have guessed that a Friday night in mid-September could mean Rehearsal Dinner. Our server was informed, friendly, and attentive, but the kitchen was overwhelmed by the RD crowd in a private dining room. Pizza crust ordinarily thin and toasty didn't get enough time in the brick oven, risotto was al dente, one in our party didn't get her entree until 5+ minutes after the others had been delivered, the wine glasses aren't as nice as they used to be.... We'll go back, because this visit was out of character, but Tosca has been in business too long to flub a busy Friday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Dining ExperienceMarleneMarshfiledDined on 9/19/2014This is an incredible dining experience. Everything from the menu, service, foood and ambience was extraordinary.Special Features:
- Good meal & wineOutwithkidsDined on 9/19/2014Our kids enjoyed the calamari and steak tartare as much as we did. Cheryl our waitress made the wise decision not to offer us a kid'so menu, but quietly checked with me first. The only disappointment was my meal: I ordered the special, pan seared halibut, which was dry and uninteresting for $35.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambiance outdoes foodSteelersDined on 9/18/2014Great vibe. Ambiance was great, service was good but food was just okay. Would go for drinks then dinner elsewhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- keyslpDined on 9/18/2014Great with food allergies. Appreciate the special care they take without giving dirty looks at special (food allergy) related requests.Special Features:
- top dining experiencemiamyaVIPDined on 9/16/2014Three of us went to Tosca's and had a memorable dining experience. The food and service was excellent. I highly recommend this restaurant !!Special Features:
- Always GreatDamienDined on 9/13/2014Food, Service and Company was awesome. I grew up in the area and now live in Boston. This is just as good as any Boston restaurant, Love it here. Thank you for making my birthday even better!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite on the South ShoreBostonFoodieDined on 9/7/2014We've celebrated the most important milestones of our relationship at Tosca. Food, service and atmosphere are great. Our go-to for special occasions or a romantic night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- skip dessertwabbitVIPDined on 9/4/2014Food was great-but for the dessert-pastry chef must have been off that night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the bestawesomeDined on 8/30/2014This is the best restaurant I have been to in the United StatesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- South Shore GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/29/2014as usual the food, service and atmosphere was outstanding, Tosca's is the best on the South ShoreSpecial Features:
- Such a nice nightArthurDined on 8/28/2014The interior is beautiful, the waitstaff knowledgeable and polite, the food quite good. We ordered three dishes, which the waiter (Chris) served to us on separate plates, which was an unrequested bonus. We started with the porcini mushroom pizza (Chris suggested the food sequence). I was glad to be looking at my date as she took her first bite, because her face melted with foodie-joy unlike I've ever seen before. We then had the butter lettuce salad which we agreed was a disappointment. Either too much vinegar in the vinegrette, or too much vinegrette. This was followed by the pan-seared scallops, which my date loved and I thought quite good. It was a very nice night, and we will return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Had the short rib meatball for an app and they were excellent. I had the stripped bass special. It was very good. Fresh and tasty. We dine here at least once a year and we always have a good meal. Wait staff are attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DickVIPDined on 8/23/2014Had a great dinner as usual at this restaurant which is why we drive all the way to Hingham from Lexington several times a year. Questioning however why my ledger indicates that I only received 100 points for the reservation that night ,August 23rd, when the selection clearly indicated that it was a 1000 point night. Didn't take away from the evening or the restaurant by any means. We will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingSublimeyaziDined on 8/20/2014Perhaps we ordered wrong, but the food was a huge let down and very expensive. Its sad that obviously hand made pasta and tasty short rib meatballs can be served in a sauce that looked and tasted like a puddle of water. We ended up dumping out the water and taking this dish home. Later, I made a proper marinara sauce and had a second dinner, as I was starving from not being able to eat at Tosca. I also ordered the 'liver and onions' which came with exactly two, microscopic, pieces of liver, drowned by a sauce that would be more fitting in an overly sweet dessert. The Pizza was not bad, but i swear they drizzled the same nasty sauce on it as well. Luckily, they used it sparingly this time. Our waiter was a sweetheart. Two stars for her!
- I keep coming backIsabellaDVIPDined on 8/16/2014It is probably my third or fourth time at Tosca and I love it. It is big and can get loud, but I love it! :) Pizzas are great, hug portions (the appetizer size portion of the pasta dishes is usually enough)! Wine is on the pricey side. I wish they had more $30-$45 options in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceGdobesDined on 8/14/2014Great dinners and great menu selection. Different menu with great selection mixSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Our party of 4 had a welcome but unexpected addition. A table for 5 was quickly set up and everything moved smoothly and swiftly. We loved the food.Special Features:
- Our wonderful experience!4happyfriendsDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Tosca very much. The food was excellent and the service was very good. Our server was very pleasant, professional and did not rush us. She made us feel very comfortable. Overall it was a great experience. Will go there again and definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Toscana!Junel52Dined on 8/9/2014Having been hearing about Toscana for a long while but always lived too far away. Now that I have moved to the area, I had to try it and was not disappointed in anyway. The food was amazing and our server Cheryl was the best. Loved everything about it, a little loud but it dosen't take away from its appeal at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale on south shoreSteveDined on 8/9/2014Best meal outside of Boston, little pricey, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tosca- Tasty Treat!DiningDivaDined on 8/9/2014The food was absolutely divine and our part of three had a lovely special night out. It was my first time there, and I will definitely be heading to Hingham more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best on the South ShoreRickDined on 8/8/2014Never disappoints, Tosca is still the overall best restaurant on the south shore.Special Features:
- Tosca was a 10 all around.eieioDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went out for dinner which is rare for us due to the fact that life gets in the way. Our dinner at Tosca was a complete pleasure. We were running late I called to let them know we had a reservation. Even the hostess was so pleasant and nice. Our waitress Robin was a 10 just loved her personality and her expertise on the the menu. It was really refreshing to have a great waitress that was sincere. Hats off to your chef the food was fabulous. We have not stopped talking about it. Thank you for making our dinner worth everything we went threw to get out. Can't wait to visit you again. Thank you, NancySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- they did not honor the reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014when we arrived, we were told that they didn't have our reservation. then they acknowledged that they did, but had given the table to another party and said "we thought they were you" ?? we were seated after a short wait at the bar - it would have been nice to have been offered a free glass of wine or appetizer for their error. Our 4-top party's bill was around $230.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedLeeLeeVIPDined on 8/6/2014We are never disappointed when we eat at Tosca! The chef is very accommodating when we asked to share salads prior to our steak and the steaks were PERFECT. The featured wine was also delicious.Special Features:
- WAY TOO NOISYSweetiepussDined on 8/3/2014There were four of us and we found ourselves missing what the person across the table was saying and resorting to hand gestures to be understood. It was almost impossible to carry on a normal conversation. The liver and onions appetizer was too big!