14 North Street
Hingham, MA 02043Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.toscahingham.com/
- Phone: 7817400080
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Kevin Long
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: Tosca can provide a setting for business dinners and meetings to weddings and showers to anniversaries and birthdays. Whether you choose the Classic, Rustic look of 'The Wine Room' or the sophisticated, continental flavor of 'The Salon' it will set the stage for a grand event or intimate celebration
- Private Party Contact: Chris Sugrue 7817400080
A word from Tosca
Tosca is the flagship restaurant of Eat Well Inc. Open for dinner only, Tosca is located on historic Hingham Harbor and offers creative regional Italian cuisine focusing on fresh New England flavors and local, seasonal ingredients. Constructed in the 1910 Granary Marketplace building, the award-winning restaurant boasts a theatrical setting with exposed brick, imported tiles, mahogany woods, and an open kitchen from which executive chef Kevin Long takes center stage.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Tosca - Best Restaurants in Hingham ›
Tosca reviews from OpenTable diners
164 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (119)fit for foodies (84)romantic (80)notable wine list (71)neighborhood gem (61)good for groups (48)vibrant bar scene (38)hot spot (20)late-night find (9)kid-friendly (6)great for brunch (6)scenic view (6)great for outdoor dining (4)great for lunch (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/23/2014Had the short rib meatball for an app and they were excellent. I had the stripped bass special. It was very good. Fresh and tasty. We dine here at least once a year and we always have a good meal. Wait staff are attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingSublimeyaziDined on 8/20/2014Perhaps we ordered wrong, but the food was a huge let down and very expensive. Its sad that obviously hand made pasta and tasty short rib meatballs can be served in a sauce that looked and tasted like a puddle of water. We ended up dumping out the water and taking this dish home. Later, I made a proper marinara sauce and had a second dinner, as I was starving from not being able to eat at Tosca. I also ordered the 'liver and onions' which came with exactly two, microscopic, pieces of liver, drowned by a sauce that would be more fitting in an overly sweet dessert. The Pizza was not bad, but i swear they drizzled the same nasty sauce on it as well. Luckily, they used it sparingly this time. Our waiter was a sweetheart. Two stars for her!
- I keep coming backIsabellaDVIPDined on 8/16/2014It is probably my third or fourth time at Tosca and I love it. It is big and can get loud, but I love it! :) Pizzas are great, hug portions (the appetizer size portion of the pasta dishes is usually enough)! Wine is on the pricey side. I wish they had more $30-$45 options in the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceGdobesDined on 8/14/2014Great dinners and great menu selection. Different menu with great selection mixSpecial Features:
- Great food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014Our party of 4 had a welcome but unexpected addition. A table for 5 was quickly set up and everything moved smoothly and swiftly. We loved the food.Special Features:
- Our wonderful experience!4happyfriendsDined on 8/10/2014We enjoyed our dinner at Tosca very much. The food was excellent and the service was very good. Our server was very pleasant, professional and did not rush us. She made us feel very comfortable. Overall it was a great experience. Will go there again and definitely recommend it to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved Toscana!Junel52Dined on 8/9/2014Having been hearing about Toscana for a long while but always lived too far away. Now that I have moved to the area, I had to try it and was not disappointed in anyway. The food was amazing and our server Cheryl was the best. Loved everything about it, a little loud but it dosen't take away from its appeal at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Upscale on south shoreSteveDined on 8/9/2014Best meal outside of Boston, little pricey, but well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tosca- Tasty Treat!DiningDivaDined on 8/9/2014The food was absolutely divine and our part of three had a lovely special night out. It was my first time there, and I will definitely be heading to Hingham more often.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still the best on the South ShoreRickDined on 8/8/2014Never disappoints, Tosca is still the overall best restaurant on the south shore.Special Features:
- Tosca was a 10 all around.eieioDined on 8/8/2014My husband and I went out for dinner which is rare for us due to the fact that life gets in the way. Our dinner at Tosca was a complete pleasure. We were running late I called to let them know we had a reservation. Even the hostess was so pleasant and nice. Our waitress Robin was a 10 just loved her personality and her expertise on the the menu. It was really refreshing to have a great waitress that was sincere. Hats off to your chef the food was fabulous. We have not stopped talking about it. Thank you for making our dinner worth everything we went threw to get out. Can't wait to visit you again. Thank you, NancySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedLeeLeeVIPDined on 8/6/2014We are never disappointed when we eat at Tosca! The chef is very accommodating when we asked to share salads prior to our steak and the steaks were PERFECT. The featured wine was also delicious.Special Features:
- WAY TOO NOISYSweetiepussDined on 8/3/2014There were four of us and we found ourselves missing what the person across the table was saying and resorting to hand gestures to be understood. It was almost impossible to carry on a normal conversation. The liver and onions appetizer was too big!
- Great dinnerSUMMADined on 8/2/2014We made reservations a week and advance, we arrived early and were seating a few minutes after our reservation time but everything was fine. The service was great and the food was even better. I have heard a lot about Tosca but this was my first time eating there. The food was outstanding and we definitely plan on coming back. It was my wife's birthday and she really enjoyed her evening. When we were leaving she said, "we will definitely be back before the end of summer". Great dinning experience.Special Features:
- ToscaWaterviewsDined on 8/1/2014As usual, Tosca delivered another top level dining experience. They have a great cocktail list, a massive wine list that everyone should be able to find a good value on and the food is packed with flavor. I had a double thick pork chop that was cooked perfectly and the polenta and fig sauce were just the right pairing. Outstanding crème brulee!Special Features:
- Lovely spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/27/2014This could easily be found in a busier Boston neighborhood, and I loved that it was on a scenic street in sleepier Hingham. Amazingly good fish. The menu has a lot to explore. Wine list is very impressive. It does get pretty loud during their main dinner hour, so that's something to be aware of... but it was just a really great meal and not having to fight for parking made it just that much more enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazingMangia4luvDined on 7/27/2014My husband and I celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary Sunday night at Tosca. We have been going there for 20 years! The food is always fresh and delicious! Great drink (berry mojito yummy) and wine list fabulous! Service superb! Dessert perfect! One of my all time favorite restaurants! Little bummed the Tiramisu not on list anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinner at ToscaMinimomDined on 7/26/2014We were seated promptly upon arriving. The waitress was attentive and friendly. The menu choices were great. I had the oyster appetizer and my husband had the liver and onions. Both were excellent. I ordered the roasted cod and the presentation was fantastic. Unfortunately someone had a very heavy hand with the salt shaker. I did not mention this as I was hungry. The butter beans with yellow squash was delicious. My husband had a 16 oz. sirloin steak and he said it was delicious. They gave 2 very small ice cream sandwiches on a plate for my birthday which was a very nice touch. I had a decaf cappuccino which was not even close to hot, very disappointing. My husband said his coffee was delicious.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014very good food,good waiter Tim and cool old building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningRobbinDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful evening. We sat in the quiet bar and had a glass of wine while we waited for our table (we arrived 30 mins before our reservation). Table was ready earlier than the 30 minutes and even though they were busy, the food came out faster than expected which was great - we were so hungry! Cannot wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tosca reviewOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/24/2014The food was good but somewhat disappointing. It was not up to four or five star quality which we had expected. However, the general ambience was excellent and the food good enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentfordhamVIPDined on 7/19/2014service excellent as always food of exceptional quality in what amounts to heresy the portions could be a bit smallerSpecial Features:
- SallyDined on 7/19/2014The food and the service were excellent. Very nice atmosphere.Special Features:
- An Anniversary at Tosca'sToscafansDined on 7/19/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Tosca's, scene of our first date in 1994. We started with drinks in the wine bar, then a window seat for dinner as requested. The service was excellent, dinner delicious. We were too full for dessert, but were treated to a plate of tiny macaroons with "Happy Anniversary" written in chocalate. We've been going to Tosca's and Cafe Tosca for decades and have never been disappointed. Now our daughter and her husband are fans too. Thanks to the Tosca's entire staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- one of my favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/19/2014The food is always delicious and service always good. One of my favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- CapeCodDined on 7/19/2014The hostess seemed preoccupied on the phone when we were checking in and just left us standing for awhile, although we had reservations. My husband loved his fish, but my chicken dish which was recommended by the waitress, was very bland. However our waitress was very good.
- nice place, but food ehelbodotDined on 7/18/2014Place is clean and romantic, but the food, no flavor really bland. to expensive for poor quality of food. Mcdonalds or burger king would have been a better spot to eatSpecial Features:
- Wont' DisappointICFoodIEatItDined on 7/17/2014When you walk into Tasca, it smells amazing. The wine list comes on an ipad and is quite long. The staff is very helpful in narrowing down a wine that pairs with your meal and is within the price range you are looking for. The cocktail list changes and the drinks are very good. This is my second time to Tasca and it has yet to disappoint.Special Features:
- hungryHungryDined on 7/13/2014Great place. The great smell of a wood oven hits you as soon as you walk in. We had a great meal and our server was perfect.Special Features:
- Great place to eattryme4Dined on 7/13/2014Always looking for places to try before attending a show at South Shore Music Circus. Found Tosca on line and read reviews. Made a reservation and it did not disappoint. Four of us tried all different entrees. We each loved our entrees. Service was excellent and our waitress was very helpful and knowledgeable . We will definitely be returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful evening1fishaholicDined on 7/13/2014Delicious wood oven pizza as appetizer..great corn soup...it is so good, we are still talking about how special the corn soup was couple of days afterward. The steaks were great...perfectly cooked and tender. Sword fish was good but too much sauce. Seems to ruin the freshness with all the tomato sauce...may be it is just my preference. Bring a jacket, the place was extremely cold on a hot summer night!Special Features:
- Very goodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/12/2014First time at Tosca, trying to find someplace near South Shore Music Circus and hadn't had much luck. Tosca was wonderful. A bit pricey but worth it. Service was excellent and the food was just great!
- LOVED ToscaEMAAVIPDined on 7/12/2014Food was amazing, as was the service and atmosphere. First time visitor, but will definitely be back. Though only for special occasions - was a little pricey.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014Outstanding food, outstanding service. Great location for a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!WhitdongsDined on 7/6/2014We have been here twice for dinner and a handful of times for drinks. They have wonderful wines and the staff is knowledgable and friendly. To top it off, the food is delicious and fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedskowhoundDined on 7/5/2014I've always enjoyed a great meal at Tosca - often for a special occasion- but this visit was very disappointing. I ordered a salad with grilled peaches because I love peaches, but only got a very small amount of thin peach slices (3 or 4) on a mountain of arugula. The crab and corn soup was worse than cafeteria food. It was near tasteless, and the consistency was a flour thickened muck with a skin on the surface. The bits of crab on top were mixed with bits of cartilage that I had to keep spitting out. I don't know if it's new management or different kitchen staff, but I won't be going back.
- Love it herePhilyfobDined on 7/5/2014Been to Tosca many, many times, always exceptional food, service and ambience!Special Features:
- FoodieGirlVIPDined on 7/5/2014We had our 8 month old with us and the waitress was so sweet! She came over with some pizza dough for him to play with. He had no clue what to make of it and it was hilarious! Very sweet wait staff. We ordered steak, which is not something we would normally order from Tosca, but it was great! I would recommend that sides just be included with the steak however. It worked out for us to order the sides a la cart because three of us were getting the steak, but if only one person at the table is getting steak then it seems odd to have to order 2 sides just for themselves.Special Features:
- Tosca is highly recommendedLaceyDined on 7/5/2014We were a party of six, first time there. Everyone in our party loved it! From the pizza to the entrees, the service and the ambience, we rated this 5 stars! Definitely will be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of My FavoritesJoe33Dined on 7/4/2014Outstanding as always. The food and service always exceed my expectations. Good bartenders as well. A+++Special Features: