4038 E. Tremont Ave.,
New York, NY 10465Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://toscanyc.com/
- Phone: 7182393300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch/Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Italian
- Executive Chef: Wilson Siguencia
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Anyone can deliver food, but when you order Tosca, you'll experience the highest level of traditional Italian hospitality. We'll bring our delicious homemade menu choices to you—convenient, delectable, affordable. For a simple cocktail party, a corporate event, a family style lunch or dinner, a buffet, or even a brunch, our carefully selected menu is available and sure to please you and your guests. Tosca's catering service provides you with the uncompromising taste and quality of menu and service in the comfort of your own specified locale.
- Entertainment: Whether it's our weekend champagne brunch buffet, happy hour specials, or a place to meet before, during, or after a sporting event, there's always something happening at Tosca. Monday night Belly dancing Class & After Party starting at 7:30PM. Wednesday Night Tierra Tropical featuring Live Latin Jazz. Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday Night Live DJ's
- Cross Street: Miles Ave/ Sampson
- Public Transit: Throgs Neck Express Bus directly from Manhattan to Across the Street from Us. 6 Train to Westchester Square & then the 40 or 42 bus down Tremont to Miles Ave. Get off Right next to us.
- Parking: Valet
- Parking Details: There is ample parking by Tosca. We are located in a largely residential area so there is plenty of street parking. We also offer free valet parking in one of our two private parking lots.
A word from Tosca Cafe
Welcome to Tosca Café Tosca offers the irresistible flavors of Italian cuisine—a compilation of our family recipes using the finest ingredients and offering the traditional tastes of home-cooked pastas, lusciously fresh seafood, and the distinctly unique flavor of our coal oven pizzas. Along with the savory and sweet menus we offer our guests, we invite you to linger at our bar and lounge, take a mouth watering pause at our distinctive sushi bar, or plan your next event at our lavishly appointed restaurant. Much awaits you at our family of eateries here in the Bronx. Let us treat you to the delights of our foods.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Tosca Cafe - Best Restaurants in Bronx ›
Tosca Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
34 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (23)special occasion (15)great for brunch (14)neighborhood gem (13)great for lunch (13)romantic (10)fit for foodies (9)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- The outside dining best experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/27/2014The host was horrible I reserved a booth didn't get it and since her attitude sucked I didn't bother asking just dealt with it the noise was very loud not romantic at all a lot of kids I wanted more privacy that's why I reserved the booth smh the steak salad was great the sangria was horrible I will give tosca another chance maybeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My hubby 45th bdaySimplyJ175Dined on 8/16/2014The food and service was great and the waiter was good and on point and really surprised my hubby with his bday cake they met all our needs we will defentinely go back and are already recommending the restaurant to family and friends....Special Features:
- Food good but.....AriesVIPDined on 8/1/2014always too noisy! Not sure why management here insists on catering to a younger crowd and blasting music during dinner hours.....some adults actually want to enjoy the company of their dinner partners and have a conversation without yelling across the table...here's a thought...maybe, they could start music after 10:00 PM when nightlife starts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a nice timeUFTBellyDanceDined on 7/25/2014The food was very good. Everyone in the group enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. I will definitely come again with a group of friends. I'm sure that everyone in the group felt the same way.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BACKGROUND MUSICTONYTDined on 7/17/2014MUSIC WAS TOO LOUD AND NOT CONDUCIVE TO A ROMANTIC DINING EXPERIENCE. I DON'T SEE WHY A DJ IS NECESSARY AT 1PM. WHEN I ASKED ABOUT THE MUSIC, I WAS TOLD THE MANAGER SELECTS IT. I THINK THE GENRE IS CHOSEN MORE FOR THE YOUTHFUL STAFF THAN THE CUSTOMER. OTHER THAN THAT, A VERY NICE SPOT.Special Features:
- Arlene and family from Jupiter Fla.BabeDined on 7/9/2014We came up from Florida to visit family and recommended Tosca's to bring my friends from upstate New York and the food was good and the service was great. The waitress was very pleasant and helpful. I would recommend this restrauant to my family and friends.Special Features:
- Food and atmosphere is decent but..justtobeme77Dined on 7/2/2014If you go during happy hour your drinks will be filled with iceberg sized pieces of ice!! Giving the illusion you are having a full drink when in actuality your cup is 1/3 filled with liquid!! SMH!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I've had betterlive2dineDined on 6/24/2014Chicken scarp was terrible I had to send it back and I ordered penne instead which wasn't terrible but wasn't worth 15 dollars, it didnt taste fresh like it does in other italian restaurants. The only thing I really enjoyed was my drink. Pretty disappointing visit I don't know if it was because I went earlier in the day but it wasn't what I expected. The waitress was fakely polite. I won't be returning here anytime soon.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014I planned a surprise birthday dinner here for my husband. We were accommodated so well! I asked if my party could be sat before we arrived and we had no issues with that. Other places would have disagreed. The hostess was great with keeping it a surprise. The waiter did not realize we had a cake, but as soon as I asked the hostess, they jumped right on it. Everyone was very nice! No complaints here at all! Thank you Toscas for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Tosca CafeLoveCarminesDined on 5/27/2014Food is delicious prices are affordable!!! It's our new spot to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries, graduations and life in general :DSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Italian American Food at its Best!amr1492Dined on 5/11/2014I took my family out there for this past mother's day and boy was it something worth wild. We arrived 15 min early before our reservation time and it wasn't much of an issue, we were sat right away with a waitress on deck within the first two minutes of our seating. The food was absolutely delicious and it couldn't have been any better. My only con for this would be since it was a mother's day dinner, they had a pre-fixed menu with not many options and most of us at the good ol' chicken Parmesan with a side of penne reggate. Overall, great food, great dining experience, wonderful customer service, and just a plain good ol' time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2014Overall good experience. Alittle packed but expected to be since it was the day before Mother's Day. I'm sure the service is alittle quicker as well since our reservation was at 7 and we didn't leave till 11 but like stayed before holidays are always alittle bit more hectic for restaurantsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Patron's nightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/10/2014This was the first time we visited the restaurant, we we're greeted by a hostess who told us the "next time we made a reservation on a busy day we had to leave a deposit", not to mention they had called us and I confirmed we would be there and we arrived 10 min prior to our reservation. It was unprofessional to greet patrons in this manner, they should really learn a thing or two about customer service. The table they provided was good, since it was away from all the noise. Since it was a busy day the hostess had problems servicing us timely, we waited a long time for drinks/apps and entree's. The food was good, nothing out of the ordinary , oh I forgot to mention they messed my father in laws dinner, which they tried to charge him for.
- Love the ambianceNenaLin69Dined on 5/8/2014All was great. I went on a Thursday @ 5:30 pm so staff was vert attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 51 reviews are from the Tosca Cafe reviews archive.
- ReservationlrileytakeallDined on 3/8/2014Reservation for 15 @ 7 pm. not seated until past 8pm. Very disappointed!!!
- Overall satisfactionEly17Dined on 3/1/2014Ambience is good Food can be better Service needs improvementSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First VisitJDoe345Dined on 2/9/2014Went on a special occasion for dinner. Food was OK. Prices are a bit high. I don't think you get enough for what you pay. I also don't know why they would charge 18% automatically to the bill for a party of 5... I've never experienced this before. Will not go back. Many more places I can go for better food and prices. This place is overhyped.
- My dinner came up to $105.22,RENEEDined on 12/27/2013My dinner came up to $105.22, which i found to be great for 3 adults. The only problem was that, my waiter was training a waitress and she charged my card $183.10 for someone else tab. So now itz a waiting game for my refund in the difference. Anyone in training should not be alowwed to check people out without the supervision of a regular! Other than that I will visit again. The setting is always nice, the music always welcoming and the staff overall are always professionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tosca Cafe was a great placeFonlove43Dined on 11/9/2013Tosca Cafe was a great place to meet up with my wedding party. The food was great, the service was good and we had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- unsatisfiedtastyDined on 8/20/2013Not going back due to poor quality of food and service.Special Features:
- Greatblue926Dined on 6/28/2013I had a great time. A few arrived before the reservation timE and they sat us. I would be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place......FoodloverDined on 6/16/2013We went here for Father's Day and I was so happy we chose Tosca! I read the reviews and look at pictures before going there. I chose penne a la vodka and it was DELICIOUS!! Definitely a must have. It was a bit busy and the waiter was running around but he was attentive. The front desk lady was friendly and walked us to our table. The menu has something for everyone! Go check it out :))Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I Just Love Tosca CafeGraduationDined on 5/31/2013Take away the fact that we were seat next to a rowdy Crowd ..no fault to the restaurant. We had a great waiter .He catered To our needs and wants. the food was great. I had reservation so I didn't have to wait long. And they were accommodating to many changes .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dissapointed with serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/12/2013I reserved for mothers day and was looking forward to ordering the usual food i always order, unfortunately that was not offered on the menu that day and i was very dissapointed that the menu was different. I will no longer dine here because everytime there will be a holiday they might cut the menu short and thats not something im looking forward to going and not having what i like from the menu but instead being forced to order and pay for something i dont prefer eating...Special Features:
- Girls Night out @ ToscaDiningDivaDined on 5/3/2013Our table was ready right away. The sangria was excellent and our food delicious. We'll definitely visit the restaurant again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Manhattan -- in the Bronx!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/13/2013What a great find in the Bronx! The food was delicious and the drinks were AMAZING: creative, seasonal cocktails perfectly concocted! It's so great to know that there's a neighborhood gem right in our backyard -- I no longer have to trek to Manhattan for great food and drinks, in a contemporary restaurant with modern, understated, tasteful decor. BTW, we ordered the Osso buco, lobster ravioli, and a cod/seafood special and we walked away stuffed and overly satisfied!Special Features:
- Had a wonderful Easter dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2013Had a wonderful Easter dinner at this Bronx restaurant. Will definitely be returning, probably for their brunch.Special Features:
- This is the spot for Italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/15/2013Great food, good service, good drinks, great fun, we enjoyed our evening at Tosca and will patronize again. Parking was a bit sketchy, never saw the valet, so decided to park on street.Special Features:
- food was good but staycawayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/13/2013food was good but staycaway from anything thet label w Crabmeat. it is not real crabmeat. so crabcakes, crrab stuffed shrimp, etc....they treat children really well. they even brought ingredients so our daughter could make her own pizza. not the fanciest place, but they have great pasta and ambiance.Special Features:
- Food was great. Service wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013Food was great. Service was excellent. Had a great time. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Excellent food, reasonablemikeiDined on 1/19/2013Excellent food, reasonable prices in nice environment. Service was a bit spotty - our waitress was on us when we didn't want her and then disappeared when we wanted her.
- i went there with my siblingsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/30/2012i went there with my siblings and we loved it, good music, delicious food, a very extensive variety of drinks and not too pricey, definitely we are coming back! p.s. the waiter was a very nice guy,very attentive, he kept us entertained the whole night!Special Features:
- Food was fantastic and theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/1/2012Food was fantastic and the service was great...a bit too noisy for me, but I that would not stop me from going back...Special Features:
- Great food, Excellent service.LillyVIPDined on 11/6/2012Great food, Excellent service. Food was right on time. The waitress was attentive. Nice bar scene. Great place for Brunch. They have daily dinner specials very reasonable.. They also have ladies night & belly dancers Tuesday.Special Features:
- Okay.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2012I've been coming for years but this first visit for dinner was not what I expected. We ordered penne ala vodka with shrimp, lamb shank over spinach fettuccine, sirloin steak, and grilled swordfish with an asparagus,onion, olive hot salad. It wasn't all that great-- Steak came already cut up and that says alot about the knowledge of cooking. Not one restaurant that can cook a steak will serve it to the customer already sliced. Pizza's good and sangria is delicious( nice and strong with wine and not sweet) Overall not impressed and will only be returning for sangria and pizza, nothing more.Special Features:
- Dinner was fantastic and theOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Dinner was fantastic and the service was more than excellent! My husband and i celebrated our thirtieth wedding anniversary with our children and had a great time!Special Features:
- A group of us went to ToscaOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/23/2012A group of us went to Tosca for lunch. The drinks were delicious and out of the usual fare. The foos and service were also very good. Everyone enjoyed the appetizers, entrees (mostly salads) and desert. I found the gelato unappetizing (eggy tasting), but others who had it didn't notice the issue. I would definitely return for a different meal; I've heard brunch is the highlight!Special Features:
- Thumbs upOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/10/2012Awesome place to go, hang out and have a good time with amazing atmosphere, great service and delicious food.Special Features:
- Had dinner on a Friday evening.gillyVIPDined on 8/10/2012Had dinner on a Friday evening. Food was excellent. Service was outstanding.Special Features:
- I love that Tosca has a rooftopOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012I love that Tosca has a rooftop however on the night that I went I was expecting to be able to enjoy the night with my friends on the roof top but it was not open. Big dispointment. The food was great but the music was too loud. I would definitely go again.Special Features: