Tortilla Republic WeHo
616 N Robertson Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Tortilla Republic WeHo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tortillarepublic.com/
- Phone: (310) 657-9888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday – Friday 11:30 - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday – Thursday 5:00 – 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00 – 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00 – 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Sunday 3:00 -7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11 am - 3 pm
Sunday Funday: 3:00 – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Cathy Shyne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Have Tortilla Republic Catering cater your next event - Large or Small.
Please contact Richard Baker P: 323.630.3340 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Entertainment: Sunday Funday Every Sunday @ 3:00-7:30pm with DJ's
A word from Tortilla Republic WeHo
Modern Mexican Cuisine. Updated Mexican classics made with fresh, flavorful and unique ingredients. Local first, Organic when Available, All natural Chicken and Meats.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Tortilla Republic WeHo - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Tortilla Republic WeHo reviews from OpenTable diners
102 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (55)good for groups (44)vibrant bar scene (42)great for outdoor dining (41)neighborhood gem (41)fit for foodies (40)great for lunch (24)special occasion (21)great for brunch (20)late-night find (12)romantic (11)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Best foodSteveandjeffwesthollywoodDined on 11/22/2014The food here is great. I love the atmosphere and the wait staff. The food has the spice and flavor that I like. There is something on the menu for everyone. It's a very happening place as sometimes getting in if your just walking in can be a little hard. No problem though because the host staff has always been accommodating with maybe a very short wait. We are local West Hollywood people and we love this place in our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/21/2014Excellent Food and Atmosphere. Service is always top notch. Very welcoming in all aspectsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun environment, poor service.AlisonDined on 11/19/2014It was our first time at the restaurant. The atmosphere and environment was great. Enjoyed the food! However the server was disengaged and didn't check on us often. Was short when we asked questions. It was disappointing based in the rest of the experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WitnessoftasteDined on 11/15/2014Excellent food. Carnitas were moist and extremely flavorful with a hint of citrus. The salsas were tasty and not too spicy. The chicken mole enchiladeas were delicious with a slight sweetness. The chips and guacamole were a great start, tangy avocado mixed with the perfect salty fresh light chips. Our drinks were refreshing, the Malbec with the chipotle was frothy and slightly sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 11/9/2014Had the jalapeno margarita and the relleno poblano - both were excellent. Great atmosphere, excellent service.Special Features:
- Great foodgwgwVIPDined on 11/9/2014Food was very good, tequila options were fantastic. Have been for lunch before and that is a great place for a quiet lunch. Dinner is much louder so ask to sit in the back room if you are going to have a conversation with others. Great ambiance!Special Features:
- Jalapeno Margaritas!knightoutDined on 10/25/2014Awesome food, drinks, service, and vibe! Our favorite Mexican restaurant in LA! Second visit, we celebrated my friend's bday there, not only they comp'ed our dessert, they gave her a $20.00 gift card as a present!!!! Whaaaat?I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome placeMarvinDined on 10/24/2014This is the place to go for an awesome time and great food.Special Features:
- Delicious, Modern Mexican in WeHoAlbertVIPDined on 10/24/2014This place is awesome. Don't expect refried beams, taco and burrito fatty combination plates. Tortilla Republic is upscale, modern and healthy. We had a selection of appetizers - all delicious (Shrimp Cakes, Salsa Tasting, Guacamole). I highly recommend the Seared Albacore Tuna Fajitas (Yes, Tuna Fajitas - Ive never seen it on a menu) - very refreshing, and very healthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taco TuesdayCAGeminiDined on 10/21/2014A friend and I are trying a new place every week for Taco Tuesday. We picked this place because of the reviews and location. While the rest of the menu looks great, Taco Tuesday was just average. Don't order the vegetable tacos, they are bitter and bad. Chicken was the best. So far on our quest this one we have found better for a lot less money.
- Always a pleasure to eat hereWehoDinerVIPDined on 10/3/2014The location and atmosphere are perfect. There are three different areas to eat, so you can enjoy an energetic vibe in the main dining room, a bit quieter atmosphere on the patio, or a more intimate feel in the back room. The food is consistently good.Special Features:
- Outstanding!GregoryMcDined on 10/3/2014Wonderful dining experience. The menu is nicely varied with some excellent versions of Mexican inspired food. Entree selections include very good vegetarian options. Portions are generous but sensible and attractively presented. The wait staff was attentive without being intrusive. Do not shy away from being seated in the back dining room, it's quieter and more comfortable than the front room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodieObsessedVIPDined on 9/25/2014From Jake the host, to all of the staff (Sabina, Ryan, Ashley, Sydney) we are always treated exceptionally well! Tortilla Republic is one of the first off our lips when someone asks for a restaurant recommendation.Special Features:
- NeutronNeutronDined on 9/19/2014Love this place. Haven't been disappointed yet. I have been here 3 times. Servers are attentive and the food comes out quick. I love the atmosphere. It's a prefect place to begin your night out. It's festive and always puts me in a good mood. I like the cozy dining area. I also like the twist they put a twist on all of your favorite Mexican dishes. plus there are plenty of interesting appetizers to choose from. They also have churros with chocolate and caramel dipping sauces!! Awesome. Check out there menu. Still one of my favorite spots.Special Features:
- great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Luke, the bartender is totally fabulous and very nice!!!Special Features:
- A new twist to an old favoriteScottiePVIPDined on 9/7/2014Mexican food with gourmet flair! A little lighter and healthier than most Mexican restaurants without sacrificing flavor! The short rib "chile verde" and The Lobster Enchiladas are two of my favorites. And don't miss out on the fresh chips and guacamole either!Special Features:
- WonderfulRichardDined on 9/7/2014Excellent setting. Food wonderful. Service above par. Dessert of churros not fully cooked and were doughy. Server said that's just the way they make them. Too bad ! Other than that, memorable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great As AlwaysmatthewucsdDined on 9/7/2014We always have a great time at Tortilla Republic and Sunday was no exception. We went for brunch and the portions were large, service was great and everyone was happy.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodLAFoodieDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is one of the best in LA period. The food is terrific and consistently good. It can get on the loud side but the level of cuisine outweighs that point. Best salmon and pork-chop and reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Made las minute reservations and got a table on Friday Night. Food was great and staff was friendly and very attentive! I would highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014My party was put in the empty back room even though several tables were available in the more desirable front. Shrimp and steak fajitas were inedible, though the very nice waiter took them off the bill without my asking. Wouldn't return unless it was just for the bar.Special Features:
- Great foodJbankVIPDined on 9/1/2014Upscale Mexican. Great food. Great drinks. Service can be hit and miss. Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blast witub my friendslindaDined on 8/27/2014Staff was great food was really good. We ordered the chips and guac and it was awesome. The waiter was accommodating with our extra request for hot salsaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticArtgeniusDined on 8/24/2014We went for an early birthday celebration with my son and his girlfriend-so the company was perfect starting out. I had Ahi Tuna Fajitas,which on top of being healthy,actually tasted great too! My husband loved the chicken he ordered,and I didn't hear any complaints from my son and his girlfriend,who had a vegetarian enchilada. We had a great time,and could hear ourselves talk! Couldn't ask for any more!Special Features:
- Amazing Carnitas!!!MikeVIPDined on 8/18/2014The carnitas was so delicious. I always have a great time since the staff are friendly and the atmosphere is vibrant!Special Features:
- TRWineDiningNidDined on 8/15/2014A great place for dinner and drinks. Perfect for Conversation while still in a hip and vibrant environment. Perfect if you want to spot-hop in WeHo afterward!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice eveningWehoDinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Dinner at Tortilla Republic is always nice. With three distinct dining areas, you can experience anything you like, from a lively bar scene in the main room, to a pleasant outdoor dining experience on the patio, to a quiet dinner in the back/rope room. The Happy Hour food is delicious and easy. I have been many times, and I will be going back many times.Special Features:
- Always perfectRustyBoyDined on 8/10/2014The food is always wonderful and the crowd is always changing and attractive.Special Features:
- Always a great place to dine!OahuboysDined on 8/8/2014Great food and friendly attentive service! Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceObjectiveVegDined on 8/7/2014I've been here a number of times and enjoyed the food each time. This is not Tex-mex. The flavors are much more complex. The staff are friendly and efficient. The only negative is that the room seems to amplify the chatter and noise to an intolerable level. On a busy night you practically have to scream to have a conversation. The back room is much more amenable to conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimSVIPDined on 8/3/2014Love it here. Food is always good and the crowd and atmosphere great.Special Features:
- Rave About The RepublicDinoVIPDined on 8/3/2014Tortilla Republic is conscious to the food of the original inhabitants of Mexico, which was almost entirely vegetarian and fat free: And they are committed to foodies - using fresh & locally sourced produce, Mary's Free Range chickens, and organic vegetables. They even offer Gluten free lunch, brunch, or dinner menus. It's appetizer of duck confit tacos - say no more, are delish. They are filled with a sour cherry salsita, shaved radish, and cilantro cream. Their entree ( or principles) of Pollo Arroz con Pollo Molè sauce is dark, rich and complex-flavored. The Chili Verde Short Rib is prime all natural meat - spicy roasted tomatillo & jalapeño chile.Special Features:
- Delicious food and serviceJHo98Dined on 7/30/2014The food and cocktails are amazing along with the service and wait staff that it came with. Friendly staff and great layout.Special Features:
- The following 331 reviews are from the Tortilla Republic WeHo reviews archive.
- Can't wait to go back!BHReviewer2VIPDined on 7/29/2014After reading some of the other reviews we were somewhat skeptical to try the restaurant but our experience at Tortilla Republic was terrific - the server was friendly & attentive. She knew the menu well & made good suggestions. The ahi fajitas & salmon were delicious as was the vegetarian enchillada. We sat on the patio...although there was some street & restaurant noise we had no problem conversing. Parking was easy - we parked in the lot behind the restaurant. Definitely look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great Restaurant...RONUNESVIPDined on 7/25/2014It was a great Restaurant, but not anymore. What can we say when a Mexican restaurant serves bad-tastingguacamole that is not fresh? You can imagine the rest… The Duck Tacos used to be the best. Nowthey are chewy and tasteless… And finally, at the end of the dinner when I was trying to save the night with some dessert, the waiter came with the BILL and not the dessert menu. YES, just like that! I was a faithful customer and recommended this restaurant to dozens of people. Not anymore! Go to Gracias Madre down the road, even if you are not a vegetarian.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Always a good time! Great place, good food and nice staff!Special Features:
- Delicious!lakergirlinvaDined on 7/22/2014Went here for restaurant week and was not disappointed. The white sangria was so refreshing on the hot summer day. The tortilla flatbread with the squash blossoms was nice and light. The star was the avocado leaf crusted halibut, which is my favorite fish; it was cooked perfectly and served on a bed of kale and mashed sweet potato (large portion and I couldn't finish it because I wanted to save room for dessert). I had the most amazing dessert, the flourless chocolate cake baked with red pepper spice or something similar, with the salty caramel gelato. This had an initial sweet smooth chocolate taste, followed by the salty sweet caramel and finished with the spice kick in the end. Delicious! I'm definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes! a good Mexican place nearbyanniebVIPDined on 7/19/2014I have been unhappy w/ the scarcity of good Mexican in BH and nearby. We went to Tortilla Republic because I saw its menu and address in DineLA. We sat on the patio (that why it was quiet). The food was excellent, and the server very warm as well as efficient. we will definitely come here often. Great margarita on special too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced and underwhelmeddleeVIPDined on 7/19/2014I tried the restaurant during LA Dine week, hoping it would be something new and fun. Sadly, it wasn't. They did the whole "would you like some chips and salsa" then charging us $2 for the average chips and $8 for guacamole we didn't even want. The waiter was distracted and couldn't keep track of our order and it was hard to get the water refilled. Basically its overpriced average Mexican food
- Fun PlaceBrianDined on 7/18/2014Great service, fun, nice menu, overall fun and exciting place. Best place in West Hollywood that's reasonable priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.