Tortilla Republic WeHo
616 N Robertson Blvd
West Hollywood, CA 90069Neighborhood:
Contemporary MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Tortilla Republic WeHo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tortillarepublic.com/
- Phone: 3106579888x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday – Friday 11:30 - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday – Thursday 5:00 – 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday 5:00 – 11:00pm
Sunday 5:00 – 10:00pm
Happy Hour: Tuesday - Sunday 3:00 -7:00pm
Saturday & Sunday Brunch: 11 am - 3 pm
Sunday Funday: 3:00 – 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Cathy Shyne
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Have Tortilla Republic Catering cater your next event - Large or Small.
Please contact Richard Baker P: 323.630.3340 or email: email@example.com
- Private Party Facilities: Rope Room seats 50 for dinner
Cocktail Party stand up 65 ppl.
- Private Party Contact: Richard Baker 3236303340x
- Entertainment: Sunday Funday Every Sunday @ 3:00-7:30pm with DJ's
A word from Tortilla Republic WeHo
Modern Mexican Cuisine. Updated Mexican classics made with fresh, flavorful and unique ingredients. Local first, Organic when Available, All natural Chicken and Meats.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Tortilla Republic WeHo - Best Restaurants in West Hollywood ›
Tortilla Republic WeHo reviews from OpenTable diners
106 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (55)good for groups (42)neighborhood gem (41)vibrant bar scene (40)great for outdoor dining (38)fit for foodies (31)great for lunch (30)special occasion (25)great for brunch (20)romantic (15)late-night find (11)scenic view (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- FoodieObsessedDined on 9/25/2014From Jake the host, to all of the staff (Sabina, Ryan, Ashley, Sydney) we are always treated exceptionally well! Tortilla Republic is one of the first off our lips when someone asks for a restaurant recommendation.Special Features:
- NeutronNeutronDined on 9/19/2014Love this place. Haven't been disappointed yet. I have been here 3 times. Servers are attentive and the food comes out quick. I love the atmosphere. It's a prefect place to begin your night out. It's festive and always puts me in a good mood. I like the cozy dining area. I also like the twist they put a twist on all of your favorite Mexican dishes. plus there are plenty of interesting appetizers to choose from. They also have churros with chocolate and caramel dipping sauces!! Awesome. Check out there menu. Still one of my favorite spots.Special Features:
- great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014Luke, the bartender is totally fabulous and very nice!!!Special Features:
- A new twist to an old favoriteScottiePVIPDined on 9/7/2014Mexican food with gourmet flair! A little lighter and healthier than most Mexican restaurants without sacrificing flavor! The short rib "chile verde" and The Lobster Enchiladas are two of my favorites. And don't miss out on the fresh chips and guacamole either!Special Features:
- WonderfulRichardDined on 9/7/2014Excellent setting. Food wonderful. Service above par. Dessert of churros not fully cooked and were doughy. Server said that's just the way they make them. Too bad ! Other than that, memorable eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great As AlwaysmatthewucsdDined on 9/7/2014We always have a great time at Tortilla Republic and Sunday was no exception. We went for brunch and the portions were large, service was great and everyone was happy.Special Features:
- Fantastic foodLAFoodieDined on 9/6/2014This restaurant is one of the best in LA period. The food is terrific and consistently good. It can get on the loud side but the level of cuisine outweighs that point. Best salmon and pork-chop and reasonably pricedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014Made las minute reservations and got a table on Friday Night. Food was great and staff was friendly and very attentive! I would highly recommend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/5/2014My party was put in the empty back room even though several tables were available in the more desirable front. Shrimp and steak fajitas were inedible, though the very nice waiter took them off the bill without my asking. Wouldn't return unless it was just for the bar.Special Features:
- Great foodJbankVIPDined on 9/1/2014Upscale Mexican. Great food. Great drinks. Service can be hit and miss. Definitely recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a blast witub my friendslindaDined on 8/27/2014Staff was great food was really good. We ordered the chips and guac and it was awesome. The waiter was accommodating with our extra request for hot salsaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticArtgeniusDined on 8/24/2014We went for an early birthday celebration with my son and his girlfriend-so the company was perfect starting out. I had Ahi Tuna Fajitas,which on top of being healthy,actually tasted great too! My husband loved the chicken he ordered,and I didn't hear any complaints from my son and his girlfriend,who had a vegetarian enchilada. We had a great time,and could hear ourselves talk! Couldn't ask for any more!Special Features:
- Amazing Carnitas!!!MikeVIPDined on 8/18/2014The carnitas was so delicious. I always have a great time since the staff are friendly and the atmosphere is vibrant!Special Features:
- TRWineDiningNidDined on 8/15/2014A great place for dinner and drinks. Perfect for Conversation while still in a hip and vibrant environment. Perfect if you want to spot-hop in WeHo afterward!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another nice eveningWehoDinerVIPDined on 8/12/2014Dinner at Tortilla Republic is always nice. With three distinct dining areas, you can experience anything you like, from a lively bar scene in the main room, to a pleasant outdoor dining experience on the patio, to a quiet dinner in the back/rope room. The Happy Hour food is delicious and easy. I have been many times, and I will be going back many times.Special Features:
- Always perfectRustyBoyDined on 8/10/2014The food is always wonderful and the crowd is always changing and attractive.Special Features:
- Always a great place to dine!OahuboysDined on 8/8/2014Great food and friendly attentive service! Keep it up!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, great serviceObjectiveVegDined on 8/7/2014I've been here a number of times and enjoyed the food each time. This is not Tex-mex. The flavors are much more complex. The staff are friendly and efficient. The only negative is that the room seems to amplify the chatter and noise to an intolerable level. On a busy night you practically have to scream to have a conversation. The back room is much more amenable to conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JimSVIPDined on 8/3/2014Love it here. Food is always good and the crowd and atmosphere great.Special Features:
- Rave About The RepublicDinoVIPDined on 8/3/2014Tortilla Republic is conscious to the food of the original inhabitants of Mexico, which was almost entirely vegetarian and fat free: And they are committed to foodies - using fresh & locally sourced produce, Mary's Free Range chickens, and organic vegetables. They even offer Gluten free lunch, brunch, or dinner menus. It's appetizer of duck confit tacos - say no more, are delish. They are filled with a sour cherry salsita, shaved radish, and cilantro cream. Their entree ( or principles) of Pollo Arroz con Pollo Molè sauce is dark, rich and complex-flavored. The Chili Verde Short Rib is prime all natural meat - spicy roasted tomatillo & jalapeño chile.Special Features:
- Delicious food and serviceJHo98Dined on 7/30/2014The food and cocktails are amazing along with the service and wait staff that it came with. Friendly staff and great layout.Special Features:
- Can't wait to go back!BHReviewer2VIPDined on 7/29/2014After reading some of the other reviews we were somewhat skeptical to try the restaurant but our experience at Tortilla Republic was terrific - the server was friendly & attentive. She knew the menu well & made good suggestions. The ahi fajitas & salmon were delicious as was the vegetarian enchillada. We sat on the patio...although there was some street & restaurant noise we had no problem conversing. Parking was easy - we parked in the lot behind the restaurant. Definitely look forward to returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great Restaurant...RONUNESVIPDined on 7/25/2014It was a great Restaurant, but not anymore. What can we say when a Mexican restaurant serves bad-tastingguacamole that is not fresh? You can imagine the rest… The Duck Tacos used to be the best. Nowthey are chewy and tasteless… And finally, at the end of the dinner when I was trying to save the night with some dessert, the waiter came with the BILL and not the dessert menu. YES, just like that! I was a faithful customer and recommended this restaurant to dozens of people. Not anymore! Go to Gracias Madre down the road, even if you are not a vegetarian.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/22/2014Always a good time! Great place, good food and nice staff!Special Features:
- Delicious!lakergirlinvaDined on 7/22/2014Went here for restaurant week and was not disappointed. The white sangria was so refreshing on the hot summer day. The tortilla flatbread with the squash blossoms was nice and light. The star was the avocado leaf crusted halibut, which is my favorite fish; it was cooked perfectly and served on a bed of kale and mashed sweet potato (large portion and I couldn't finish it because I wanted to save room for dessert). I had the most amazing dessert, the flourless chocolate cake baked with red pepper spice or something similar, with the salty caramel gelato. This had an initial sweet smooth chocolate taste, followed by the salty sweet caramel and finished with the spice kick in the end. Delicious! I'm definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yes! a good Mexican place nearbyanniebVIPDined on 7/19/2014I have been unhappy w/ the scarcity of good Mexican in BH and nearby. We went to Tortilla Republic because I saw its menu and address in DineLA. We sat on the patio (that why it was quiet). The food was excellent, and the server very warm as well as efficient. we will definitely come here often. Great margarita on special too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- overpriced and underwhelmeddleeVIPDined on 7/19/2014I tried the restaurant during LA Dine week, hoping it would be something new and fun. Sadly, it wasn't. They did the whole "would you like some chips and salsa" then charging us $2 for the average chips and $8 for guacamole we didn't even want. The waiter was distracted and couldn't keep track of our order and it was hard to get the water refilled. Basically its overpriced average Mexican food
- Fun PlaceBrianDined on 7/18/2014Great service, fun, nice menu, overall fun and exciting place. Best place in West Hollywood that's reasonable priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring your ear plugsswim2kkVIPDined on 7/18/2014The food itself was terrific as was our server. But the noise level on a Friday night is extreme. We were celebrating our first "official" anniversary. Unfortunately it was Dine LA week and we were seated at a table for two between two six-tops. The drunken screams and yelps from the tables on either side made it impossible to enjoy dinner. It was a disaster. We could not hear each other at all. Never eating here on a weekend night again.Special Features:
- Very GoodNatBH4Dined on 7/17/2014The food was nothing exceptional...even over-priced, but I only tried the chips, house margs, and mole enchiladas. However, the ambiance is pleasant and hip and the service was superb.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service not up to ParOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 7/16/2014We live down the street, so it is an easy place to frequent, especially for happy hour since they are one of the few places that has outdoor seating and if you hit happy hour early during the week, it is not too busy. However the past several occasions, we have had a waiter that literally wears the look on his face of "what the heck am I doing here-I hate my job". We have had the same guy serve us three times, all with the same type of service. That was the last time as we will now take our business elsewhere. What a shame, as it is an easy spot for us.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was only OK. The server was friendly and nice. We were there for dinner at happy hour on a Friday. It was WAY too loud to even have a conversation at the table. I'm going to give it another chance, but not at 5:30p on a Friday!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday is the new Friday!OahuboysDined on 7/10/2014I had a great evening of dinner and drinks! I made my reservation a few days in advance and the host called the day of to confirm. I just want to say thank you to Jason for filing my request for a patio table. You guys rock and I'll definitely continue to dine here when I am in West Hollywood. Thanks again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect for brunchSundaybrunchDined on 7/6/2014everything was delicious food,drinks. chips and guacamole is a must. would defiantly go back again, maybe dinner next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LivelyscarlettDined on 7/3/2014As I approached the restaurant, I panicked at the noise spilling out on the sidewalk. We were meeting friends to catch up. Not possible to catch up with the hubbub inside. Luckily, our friends arrived before us and were already seated in the "rope" room, where the noise level was about 1073 decibels less. My friend had read a review with a recommendation about the "rope" room. I add my recommendation. The other part of the restaurant looked like fun if you don't mind yelling over the din. There's city public parking right behind the restaurant. You don't have to pay exorbitant valet parking fees. The food was very good and the margaritas even better. We'll go back to the rope room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprisingly one of the best!!!MikeVIPDined on 6/28/2014This restaurant has everything a gay man wants to be in a great social restaurant scene. The service was excellent and food delicious! The crowd was pretty much a good looking gay crowd. It was my first time to have dinner and will be coming back again. Cheers!Special Features:
- GomikeyTDined on 6/25/2014Very Good. Great for dinner with a friend or to celebrate an occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superficial food for a high priceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/23/2014What is served in TR is not authentic Mexican food In my opinion. They serve an 'invented' and unnecessarily complicated menu which has no great or outstanding taste for a reasonably high price. In fact this restaurant is a fancy place to enjoy the good ambient and not the food. Bar and drinks are excellent but the food sucks.
- Good food, but $4 for salsa?!gcf12Dined on 6/22/2014I dont really expect much from mexican cuisine restaurants because they usually fail to impress me. Being mexican myself I do have a higher standard of what good mexican food is. Tortilla Republic pleasantly surprised me! I had the mole enchiladas and the mole was very good. My friend had the shrimp taco appetizer and she really enjoyed them. The ambiance was great and the drinks were good. 2 negatives - Our waiter was slow and didnt have much of a personality, so that was a bummer. Also the restaurant charges for salsa, which I found very odd. When a waiter asks if you'd like chips and salsa I don't think the majority of customers would assume that they would then be charged almost $4 for SALSA!Special Features:
- Amazing food and ambience!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/17/2014I took my best friend for her bday here and we absolutely loved it! I am craving every dish that I had there from the tacos, to the guacamole to the salad! Also the waiter have great recommendations and was geniune! I will definitely be back soon! Thanku for making us feel so welcome!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.