1750 Divisadero St
San Francisco, CA 94115Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tortillaheights.com/
- Phone: 4153464531
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Friday: 4:30PM - 10:00PM
Friday & Saturday: 4:30 - 11:00PM
Sunday: 4:30PM - 9:30PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: Genres of Rock, Alternative, Hip Hop and Party keep our restaurant in rhythm.
A word from Tortilla Heights
At Tortilla Heights, we serve delicious Mexican food made from scratch. Pitchers of Margaritas and Buckets of beers are our specialty. Check out our Happy Hour Specials from 4:30 to 6:30 everyday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Tortilla Heights reviews from OpenTable diners
- Just love my fave from myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2013Just love my fave from my old neighbourhood in SF. I want more!!! Sangaritas, queso and chili rellenos!!!Special Features:
- We were lucky to have Mandy.CeCiDined on 3/15/2013We were lucky to have Mandy. She was attentive, a good listener, and provided great customer service!Special Features:
- Best Tex Mex in SFOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/9/2013Having spent 4.5 years in Texas as a California Transplant,Tortilla heights was exactly what I was looking for to get my Tex-Mex fix. The chips and salsa were so good there was no need for an appetizer. The margaritas were made to perfection. My fajitas were excellent! My friend got the beer-battered avocado taco and said she would order 7 more if she could because it was so good. And my other friend had a burrito which she brought half of it home as leftovers, but ended up finishing it before the night was over because she couldn't resist. We had to be rolled out of the restaurant because we were so fat and happy afterwords! I was very happy with the service and the food- I will definitely be back. Probably tomorrow!Special Features:
- I think I need to try otherCPAFoodieVIPDined on 12/27/2012I think I need to try other things on the menu. The Tex-Mex Fajitas not the best choice. I will go again, though.
- AWESOME restaurant! get'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/15/2012AWESOME restaurant! get's crowded on weekends, so make a reservation if you can. GREAT pitchers of margaritas/bar scene. Their queso is amazing.Special Features:
- Incredibly unfriendly waitress.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/4/2012Incredibly unfriendly waitress. Unfriendly enough that we won't forget. Food was decent but not sure I want to return with that kind of service.
- Tortilla Heights has alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/30/2012Tortilla Heights has always been a favorite, but recent changes to the menu have left us missing the old days. We loved the pork carnitas, which had already been removed from the menu, but you could still order. Now you can't order at all. We opted for another favorite...the chicken tacos. They were very different. The ingredients were so wet, that the tortilla fell completely apart. They also didn't have the same freshness that we remembered from servings past. Margaritas were still delicious.
- foods not great, but a funJnd1023VIPDined on 10/22/2012foods not great, but a fun spot to watch the GiantsSpecial Features:
- Had dinner on a Friday night.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/5/2012Had dinner on a Friday night. Convenient to walk to from our flat. Food was ok. Very loud. Host and hostess were less than friendly. We arrived promptly for our reservation and asked if we could have a booth. Host immediately said, "Not a chance. Those are for reserved." Interesting that there were 4 booths available and we had a reservation. They did eventually give us a booth but their attitude was a bit terse. Doubt we will eat here again.
- I normally love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/30/2012I normally love this place but it has gone downhill. The service was awful. It took 20 minutes to take our order and that was after we asked for help. They completely forgot our drinks. The queso which is a favorite no longer comes out in a cast iron pan. I think they must microwave it now. Not good. The crispy tacos have changed and are not great and the fish in the taco was burned. Such a bummer because this is a fun spot and I hate to see it failing to live up to its usually good standards.
- Great restaurant for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 8/19/2012Great restaurant for groups and families. The pork taco and queso with chorizo are must haves!Special Features:
- I have loved this place sinceOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/19/2012I have loved this place since it opened. This is the first time I was somewhat disappointed. They have added a sour cabbage salad or ?? that took up half of my plate leaving barely room for a small scoop of black beans that was maybe a bite 1/2. Same with the rice. I noticed that the other 3 people at my table also left the salad mostly untouched. I hope next time they'll give me the option for actually getting some beans and rice and leaving off that salad stuff. Otherwise, all was fantastic!Special Features:
- Fantastic! I had been wantingNopagalVIPDined on 7/28/2012Fantastic! I had been wanting to try here, but the weekend reservations were always filled. I now know why. The shrimp fajitas were amazing, as was my margarita. Plus, the warm chips and salsa were so good.Special Features:
- too loud, everything elseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/22/2012too loud, everything else was just fine but toooo louuuudSpecial Features:
- Much improved, happy to be backFrequentDinerVIPDined on 6/7/2012Much much improved. These guys are working hard to make up for a lapse in food and service and we've started coming back. yeah!Special Features:
- Slow horrible service withoutOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/13/2012Slow horrible service without a smile even. They added on 20% for our group of 10 which we usually don't mind, but there was nothing on menu that said they would do this, and the service was not worth 20%. Manager did come over and apologize which we appreciated, but for a Mother's day dinner we had higher expectations. They have also increased prices, not worth it for Mexican food.Special Features:
- Easy to get to but too noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2000Dined on 4/14/2012I want to love this place because it is so close to my house But it is SOOOO noisy. They need to add carpetting or something to the ceiling to catch some of the noise.Special Features:
- For the portion size, someOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/11/2012For the portion size, some of the items were a little pricey. The room was very dark. I'm not sure why they were trying to create such a romantic setting. Margaritas were very good. I would go back.Special Features:
- Rude and offensive serviceFrequentDinerVIPDined on 2/25/2012Food still remains below what it was, which is too bad. But the "poor" rating is mostly this: the service this night was, at best, unfriendly, and actually closer to rude and offensive. My two kids (we're regulars at this restaurant) literally asked me "why is she (the server) mad at you daddy"? This after I made the mistakes of 1) asking her to bring all the things not on the table that she'd ignored (water, plates, salt, salsa), and 2) then later asking where my beer order was (at least 10 minutes after I'd ordered it--and the bar wasn't busy--and when I was almost finished with my appetizer...). The attitude problem never got better and she later pressed, multiple times, to get the check paid when I wasn't even finished with my drink.Special Features:
- It's a good restaurant andCiviliandinerDined on 2/23/2012It's a good restaurant and I will be back. The only problem is that it has gotten more costly to eat there. I think $11 is a bit much for a blended margarita.Special Features:
- Skip this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/11/2012I was disappointed in this restaurant. Many items on the menu were premade--the guac, for example. The lemonade was powdery, and they didn't have daiquiris. There are too many great restaurants in SF to waste having dinner here.Special Features:
- mediocre minusshilaVIPDined on 1/9/2012As an sixty something, this was not the place to be. Everyone is 30ish and the noise reflects such. The meal was simply ok but the experience NOT worth repeating. I detested the ability not to hear and talk as this is the reason to meet out with friends. Will not be going back and frankly there is no need to. We have some wonderful tex mex/Mexican restaurants with excellent food.Special Features:
- Good food, fun music, goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/16/2011Good food, fun music, good energy. Great service, which made up for the thirty minute wait after our reservation time. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Tasty food, large portionsrosieVIPDined on 12/16/2011Tasty food, large portions & generous with the guac - but very noisy.Special Features:
- Great food. Service was VERYNateVIPDined on 11/25/2011Great food. Service was VERY slow in the beginning, but improved afterwards.Special Features:
- Quality has gone way down,FrequentDinerVIPDined on 11/25/2011Quality has gone way down, service even more so. Prices, meanwhile, have gone up. Real disappointment. It's been a good neighborhood place to bring kids, but the mediocre food and big big decline in service quality has spoiled it. Conversations amount to yelling.Special Features:
- This was my second visit toOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/8/2011This was my second visit to Tortilla Heights, again for a Saturday evening dinner. Margaritas are AMAZING! I've also really liked the food both visits-- this time I had the carne asada tacos and stuffed jalepenos to start with. The stuffed jalepenos were just the right amount of cheesy, just the right amount of spicy. Yum! Unfortunately the service was incredibly slow this visit (odd since we arrived early before the dinner rush and less than 1/3 of the restaurant was seated), but I would go back, figuring it was a fluke with the particular waitress we had. Check it out--fun place for dinner and drinks with friends!Special Features:
- In a word, it was : LOUD!CaptainTomVIPDined on 10/8/2011In a word, it was : LOUD! Whoever heard of rap/percussion [boom-boom-boom] in a Mexican restaurant? OK, it was early Saturday evening, and is apparently a neighborhood favorite, but puleeeez.... Food was mediocre, at best.
- Great for Birthdays!OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/5/2011I went for my birthday and had a big group. Our waitress was wonderful and attentive. The food was good - I had two taco that were tasting and filling. I also got the churro birthday dessert with sparklers that was very fun. Lastly, the margarita were good too. We had several pitchers!Special Features:
- The food was great! It wasOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/1/2011The food was great! It was my birthday and the staff was super friendly. The only thing that I did not like, was they charged me for a birthday dessert. They brought it and I assumed it was free. That is why it gets four stars. But other than that, it was great.Special Features:
- SUPER noisy, can't hear peopleSFAnnieDined on 9/22/2011SUPER noisy, can't hear people at your table. Food just so-so and service the same. Probably wouldn't go back. Drinks were super small and not cheap.
- I usually love Tortilla Heights,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/21/2011I usually love Tortilla Heights, but our service wasn't great at this visit. The waitress only came around once or twice after we ordered, and it took us 15 minutes to get someone's attention to order a second drink.Special Features:
- I was just wasy too loud.OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/10/2011I was just wasy too loud. the managaement keeps the music too lound and everyone is shouting to talk over it. Althought the food was good and it's in my 'hood I won't be going back.
- The restaurant was very darkOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 8/27/2011The restaurant was very dark and very noisy, there were several young men out with their toddlers (I guess wifey was having a night out with the girls) that ran wild around the resaurant. The pitcher of virgin Margaritas was overly acidic and sour. The two drinks we ordered also lacked flavor. My pork carnitas were excellent, flavorful and perfectly cooked.Special Features:
- Good food, parking was easy.GNOHeadmasterVIPDined on 8/5/2011Good food, parking was easy. Great margaritas! Nice waitress... very,very loud.Special Features: