Tortilla Coast- Logan Circle
1460 P Street, NW
Washington, DC 20005Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Tortilla Coast- Logan Circle
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.tortillacoast.com/
- Phone: 2026293280x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 12:00am, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Jose Martin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Considering Tortilla Coast in Logan Circle for your next birthday party, office outing or social event?
We're happy to accommodate your needs in our semi-private spaces! Ready to schedule your next special event? Submit an Event Inquiry, or
Call our event team at 202.465.4677; For menus and more information, download our Private Events Menu & Answers to FAQs; http://tortillacoast.com/events_logancircle.htm
- Private Party Contact: Noelle Sment 2024654677x
A word from Tortilla Coast- Logan Circle
Tortilla Coast Logan Circle serves fresh and flavorful Mexican fare in a lively and colorful space with true south-of-the border ambiance in the DC"s vibrant Logan Circle neighborhood. From our juicy margaritas and house-made guacamole, to our savory entrees, rich desserts, and impressive array of beers, wines and tequilas, our offerings celebrate the unique ingredients and culinary styles of Mexico's Yucatan, Puebla, Veracruz and Baja regions. Signature dishes include Lomito con Mole Negro Oaxaqueño, an adobo marinated grilled pork tenderloin, Tilapia a la Veracruzana, pan seared tilapia in a rustic lemon caper sauce, and Mama's Enchiladas, stuffed with pulled chicken Mexicana in a ranchera and tomatillo salsa. Margaritas, served on the rocks or frozen, are made to order with fresh juices and organic nectars paired with any one of Tortilla Coast's 99 tequilas and mescals. Standouts include prickly pear, blood orange and white peach.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Tortilla Coast- Logan Circle - Best Restaurants in Logan Circle ›
Tortilla Coast- Logan Circle reviews from OpenTable diners
22 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (12)great for outdoor dining (9)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)fit for foodies (2)late-night find (1)special occasion (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Loved it!PhilMDined on 9/19/2014We had a large group (11) and we were treated very well. The service was awesome and the food was very good. We sat outside on a beautiful night (something the staff worked to make happen for our large group). Most definitely a place for us to head back to.Special Features:
- Great margaritas!ab3314VIPDined on 9/13/2014Came down to DC for the weekend for a bachelorette. This place was our favorite! Our waitress was so great and the food and drinks were wonderful!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeDMDMDined on 8/28/2014Have always walked pass this place, but never stepped in. So a friend and I tried it. Food was good, just think pineapple should never be on a taco EVER!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tortilla Coast is lively dining!MarthaCritiqueVIPDined on 8/5/2014We had a blast at our thank you/send off party for a valued colleague and friend. Guacamole and drinks were delish, snapper and beef tacos delightful and - all in all - we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent Spot for Mexican FoodJasonKeatingVIPDined on 7/26/2014Overall our Tortilla Coast experience was satisfactory. For an appetizer we had the house made guacamole, which while a little chunky was very delicious. For my meal I had the three tacos which were good, particularly the mahi mahi and the coconut shrimp ones. Others in my party did not have the best meals, however. The three cheese enchiladas, which I tasted, were dry and did not have a good mix of flavors. Also the sour cream tasted a little, shall we say, sour. Another in my party had the Caesar salad, which also wasn't very good. Of course I would never order a salad at a Mexican restaurant, so perhaps the fault here lies with the selection. The frozen margaritas were strong and very delicious.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst DC dining spotLaw365Dined on 7/25/2014I recently dined at tortilla coast. I got a pitcher of margarita that was only mix and the steak fajitas which tasted like steak flavored gum. When I requested more chips and tortillas for the guacamole and said steak flavored gum fajitas, I was stared at. Never did get a refill. Also, we let them know that the margarita tasted a bit like water and the manager came over to speak with us. He took our pitcher, brought two new drinks of the same pitcher and charged us for the two drinks. Honestly, have never had a worse experience. Go to chipotle.
- Reservation problemlnausaDined on 7/20/2014Our reservation was cancelled after we had already had our meal. Other than that the food was good and inventive. The service was excellent and the decor is pleasant. I would recommend very highly.Special Features:
- Great Service!CodyVIPDined on 7/11/2014My server Mariah really made dinner at Tortilla Coast fantastic. She was knowledgable about the menu, accommodating with special requests, and willing to breakup the check as we requested. The food was fantastic, came out quickly, and came as advertised. Very impressed.
- very noisy, water instead of juicetourist2014Dined on 7/11/2014We were sitting inside. High level of noise. Food is O.K. We have asked for juice and lemonade for children. The first ones were good. The second ones - mixture of high percentage of water with little of juice or lemonade.
- Great with large groupsFitFoodieVIPDined on 7/4/2014We went here for the 4th of July because we were a party of 14. They were very accommodating and the service for such a big group was surprisingly quick. We got in and out of the place in a little over an hour which was fantastic. The margaritas were delicious and the food was as excepted, but this is a great place for a large group!Special Features:
- The following 77 reviews are from the Tortilla Coast- Logan Circle reviews archive.
- Food was okayMattVIPDined on 6/23/2014Ordered the chicken taco and steak taco. Food was somewhat cold. It was right before closing so that might of had something to do with it. Staff was friendly. They forgot to check me in with OpenTable, but the issue was rectified within a day.Special Features:
- Tortilla CoastJRLJRLDined on 6/11/2014For our pre-theatre dinner at Tortilla Coast, the waitstaff could not have been nicer. Chips and salsa were excellent -- very fresh. I didn't especially like what I ordered (chicken enchiladas,) but maybe that was me and not them. Dark meat - not my thing. The waitress offered to send it back and order something else for me. I didn't take her up on it, but the offer was very nice. The restaurant is very well-located. The decor is trendy and attractive, but it was a bit noisy. I would definitely return, and order something else. Overall, a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bad birthday dinnersw1089VIPDined on 5/28/2014Fish in fish tacos tasted off...took forever to get waiter...then forever to get drinks....then forever to order food....forever to get the food (although it still came only seconds after out drinks FINALLY arrived....then my fish tasted off, waiter and manager were not communicating at all. Surprise surprise it took forever to get the check. Not a good night for them.
- Yummy shrimp tacos!DCDateNIghtDined on 5/23/2014The service wasn't great, but the food made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Tortilla Coast has been a favorite of my husband and I since we moved to the Logan Circle area two years ago. Most recently, we went here with a group of 17 to celebrate my husband's completion of his master's degree. Not only was the food delicious, the ambiance was perfect and the service superb. Our server, Maria, was so conscientious to each individual in our group and the manager Josh went above and beyond to meet the needs of our group -- even meeting with us the afternoon before to plan which appetizers and drinks to have out when guests arrived as my husband and I were arriving late since it was a surprise party. All around, I was very impressed.Special Features:
- Good Location, Average FoodPhilVIPDined on 4/30/2014Overall, the food is as would be expected for the moderate prices. So, there is the value of having a couple of drinks and dinner for about $40.Special Features:
- Middle of the roadKelli11Dined on 3/23/2014This was a mediocre dining experience. The food was was normal. Nothing special. Fajitas had a good flavor but weren't steaming. Service was also mediocre. The host was extremely friendly, but we barely saw the server after we didn't order cocktails. My water glass was empty almost the entire time, and they didn't say more than ten words to us. At least they had the basketball game on!
- Slow ServiceDatesinthecityDined on 3/22/2014We had a nice time but our service was way too slow. Our gratuity reflects this. Our food was delicious and I love the guac here! My boyfriend had to order 4 different drinks before his was available so that was frustrating.Special Features:
- Waited too longOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/7/2014I was very disappointed having to wait for 20 minutes with a reservation. It would of been fine but the host wasn't the least bit apologetic, despite the inconvenience. We had a show to get to so we made reservations to ensure a table. Once we sat the waiter was friendly but very slow. He took 20 minutes just to take our order (he asked right when we say but we had just got the menu and were not quite ready). I would not come back unless I was in zero hurry.
- Fish Tacos!ninaDined on 3/7/2014Great tacos; excellent salsa; delicious margaritas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatZooarchDined on 2/9/2014Drinks were great, but ordered fajitas and expected more diversity in my plate. That being said, the waitress was friendly, and the restaurant was pretty empty, which is great for last minute group gatherings!Special Features:
- Good Food...drinks..not so muchgoodfoodDined on 1/17/2014The food was delicious, the Guac was freshly made, but the bartender didn't even know the classic mojito....surprising for a mexican restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Birthday group dinner hereWarrentjrDined on 1/3/2014....wonderful service, helped us all get happy hour margaritas and then on to dinner table. The fare here is flavorful, spicy but not overwhelming....This is one of the more family-friendly of restaurants in this neighborhood. At the same time a good bar, with a happy, hip vibe.Special Features:
- Great questdferroDined on 12/27/2013The chile con queso at Tortilla Coast was some of the best I ever had. We must have arrived during a switch in servers, as it took a long time to even get water. However, once the switch happened and our "regular" waiter appeared, everything went well. Our only complaint about the meal is that my husband's steak came out too rare. Other than that, we had a very nice time. It was also nice that both the hostess and someone from the kitchen came out to check on us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great margaritas, friendlyWarrentjrDined on 12/13/2013great margaritas, friendly service, flavorful Mexican Fare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Something is missingTcndcVIPDined on 11/23/2013Why is this restaurant not busier? The food is average. The location is great. The service was good (although they forgot our appetizer). I tend to choose this place when I have a larger group, not because I love it (I like it), but because it's a safe bet they won't be too busy to accommodate us. I guess that's something. But I hesitate to recommend it as a gem that someone should try.
- It's ok.EatingoutVIPDined on 11/16/2013Food is alright if you're looking for Mexican but nothing special. Most of the dishes aren't traditional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer service was poor.EmilyDined on 10/4/2013Customer service was poor. Waitress waited too long to assist me and I waited on my check for 15 minutes after our plates had been collected.Special Features:
- Get the GuacBloodyMaryBrunchVIPDined on 9/21/2013You will be a happy camper. Also, the jalepeno margarita is fabulous, too.
- Wish I could give 3 1/2 stars,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/17/2013Wish I could give 3 1/2 stars, but I'm erring on the positive side for effort. We were there for a weekday lunch, so it was very quiet. It might be louder in the evening or on weekends because the space looks pretty echo-y. Tacos were good, if a bit bland for my taste, but the chips and salsa and the service were both excellent! Our server was attentive but didn't make us feel rushed at all. We will definetly be back to try some cocktails when it is a more reasonable cocktail hour.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will do for Mexican fix...OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/2/2013My husband and I saw this place while walking in D.C. this weekend. We love Mexican food, so we decided to try it. It will fix your Mexican food craving, but it's not the best. We are from Texas, so I suppose we have high expectations! The margaritas were good, but the chips were stale! Big no-no in our world! The queso was good though. The cheese enchiladas were okay, but seemed to lack something. My husband was satisfied with his fajitas. The salsa that came with the chips was a small amount and seemed diluted with water, not thick. The service was nothing to write home about...all in all, like I said, will help a Mexican craving, but not the greatest for Mexican food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An easy tex-mex crowd pleaserAnniversaryCelebratorVIPDined on 8/18/2013Tortilla Coast at 15th & P Streets is a slightly more "upscale" but equally laid back version of it's Cap South counterpart. Brightly lit and modernly decorated it's a great spot for large groups or for meeting friends for a good yet affordable margarita happy hour. Most recently went for brunch and everyone enjoyed their dishes. They have a great selection and their tacos in particular are worth trying. An easy place to go when trying to satisfy multiple people's taste's. Also a good place to start the evening if you're planning on venturing to other 14th Street or U Street bars later in the night.Special Features:
- Really Good, could be even BetterMarginallyUsefulVIPDined on 8/17/2013This is part of the Cafe Deluxe group and you can tell the place is well-run. It's a handsome and spacious rom, but the best part is the outdoor patio that overlooks a busy corner - great for people watching. The food is good, but.....it could be a little more refined and tasty. The freshly prepared guacamole is outstanding, but such staples as enchiladas and fajitas are merely good. If the kitchen could get a little more sophisticated, the place could be superb. Not that it's bad, and it's definitely worth a very satisfactory visit -- but just that you think the food could be really great with some changesSpecial Features:
- Decent, but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2013Food was good, but the portion size was rather small. Definitely nothing special. Good outdoor seating area and bar scene, but would not recommend for dinner.Special Features:
- Needs More Spice, FlavorMountYourVernonVIPDined on 8/16/2013The veggie and chicken fajitas were bland; the small side of guacamole helped for two bites before it was gone; the salsa was weak; no hot sauce was on the table. Please add some flavor to the food!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice gathering placeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/11/2013I have been to TC many times but almost always order the happy hour selections, but this time our group was celebrating a birthday so we selected from the "specials" menu. The food was great!--especially the salmon. We had a nice large table and it was fine to hear each other. Our server, Sarah was most attentiveSpecial Features:
- Mediocre food this visitSteveDined on 8/9/2013I've had varied experiences here. Usually the food is good. For this visit they were out of certain drink ingredients that were stated on the menu and the food was merely adequate. Not terribly warm and uninspired flavors in the skirt steak tacos. My dining companion's quesadilla was small in size and bland and came with peppers that he asked not be included. It was as if my guest and I were the last meal served for the night. Service was good however.Special Features:
- well done mexicaneasyspinDined on 8/4/2013my tacos and my wife's salad were very good and well presented. Warning though. They will push the Guacamole and it is good (though not spectacular) but it costs $12 which was more than either of our entrees. Big outdoor patio and location make it a hot spot and popular for brunch.Special Features:
- Good service - kids menu -tomfromitalyDined on 7/31/2013Good service - kids menu - nice cocktails and good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnimpressedOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/27/2013Stopped into Tortilla Coast on a whim, the hostess was unfriendly and despite the restaurant being half empty, sat us at the table next to the kitchen door. We requested another table and she obliged. The server was quick to take our order. Enchiladas for me and Fajitas for my boyfriend. As we waited for the food, I checked out the decor, it was a mix of modern with some kitch mexican relics and sombreros on the wall; tortilla coast seems to have an identity crisis! Our food arrived quickly and we were both not impressed. It lacked any real flavor but was coated in table pepper to try to make up for the blandness. Overall, the food was tasteless, overpriced and I would not return for a second visit.