1300 I Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.richardsandoval.com/torotorodc/
- Phone: (202) 682-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday – Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
LATE NIGHT DANCING
Friday - Saturday: 10:00pm - 3:00am
Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Toro Toro
Across Latin America, food is more than a meal. It's an event. It's a celebration that's shared, savored and enjoyed with the finest spirits. Discover the tantalizing cuisine of Toro Toro Pan Latin Steakhouse, brought to the Washington DC area by acclaimed Chef, Richard Sandoval. Toro Toro combines the warmth of Latin American dining with a trendy New York City-esque lounge environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Toro Toro reviews from OpenTable diners
169 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (92)fit for foodies (89)special occasion (72)hot spot (58)great for brunch (52)romantic (46)vibrant bar scene (42)great for lunch (40)great for outdoor dining (34)neighborhood gem (23)notable wine list (22)late-night find (19)scenic view (10)kid-friendly (7)Show More
- President & CEOVicBVIPDined on 11/17/2014Reviewed this restaurant on Open Table before going and it met - and exceeded - every review! Great lunch buffet - just the right amount of food and very well prepared. Great spot to relax and enjoy lunch or have a quick bite if your schedule only allows that. I'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itColumbia1217Dined on 11/15/2014I've been here twice and this last time was for my birthday... Once again the food was fantastic!! The service was a little slow at first, but the waitresses were very nice and responded quickly to our requests. I would definitely come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous for celebratoins!sarah451Dined on 11/15/2014We went out for my son's 24th birthday with some of his friends. The food was fabulous and the service was excellent - well-paced and attentive! Both generations enjoyed it tremendously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and excellent servicefoodiebellyDined on 11/15/2014We went to toro toro to have a birthday brunch celebration. The service was excellent. The waitress was very friendly and very attentive. The brunch buffet was delicious, especially the picanha. The picanha was spectacular! The chef preparing the picanha was very friendly and prepared it for us just the way we liked it. We will definitively recommend this place, and will definitively come back again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best brunch so far in DCCharlieDined on 11/15/2014Best brunch so far I have ever been in DC. We were a group of 16 and we had a blast! Excellent food (specially the picanha), excellent service (Alona is the best), excellent chef, and great atmosphere! Will come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Lunch BuffetMikeVIPDined on 11/14/2014Loved the ceviche and shrimp, The grilled meats were tender and tasty.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New take on South American grillEnjoyfoodVIPDined on 11/13/2014This is a great spot for lunch. In addition to ordering off the menu, they have an incredible buffet lunch. The salad and cold buffet is loaded with an ever changing variety of salads, cerviches and Charcuterie. The grilled meat and vegetable offerings are diverse and flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotMacblazeDined on 11/11/2014The service was exception, the food great and it was a relaxing break in the middle of a hectic day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and Service!healdkwDined on 11/8/2014Went here for a date night with my wife last week and the food was great! We decided to go with the Rodizio Experience which is allows you to try pretty much anything on the menu. Definitely try out the Grilled Octopus, and the Ceviche is OUTSTANDING. All the beer we tried was excellent, although the lamb chop was definitely the best. Finished up with a deconstructed Key Lime Pie which is one of the more unique, and very tasty, desserts I have had.Special Features:
- birthday dinnermeatloverDined on 11/8/2014I got the skewers for two, and most of it was great. The picanha was a little well done when we asked for medium rare. The wait staff was great and they easily increased our table size.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around !!6425LauraDined on 11/7/2014The food was great. The service was great. The ambiance was great !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So good!!!1bigmamaDined on 11/6/2014I LOVE Toro Toro. The Executive Lunch is a bit pricey for those of us who are not lawyers, but absolutely worth the cost.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new neighborhood lunch spot!DowntownGalVIPDined on 10/31/2014My work colleagues and I had a special lunch celebration at Toro Toro and we enjoyed it very much. The venue is very nicely decorated, the seating is super comfortable. Most everyone at the table opted to have the Executive Express buffet - which is fabulous. Two offerings - cold salad items and then hot items. Lots of great choices, something for everyone! The service was very good. We would definitely go back again!Special Features:
- Great Diningalaskak8VIPDined on 10/30/2014Three of us shared the Churrasco Skewer (advertized as serving 2) plus the shrimp cocktail and the Ceviche Nikkei. We had enough food to take some home. The absolute favorite was the ceviche. Absolutely amazing. The wild mushroom side and mashed potatoes rounded out a perfect dinner. Our waitress made several suggestions, about drinks, appetizers and dinner, and her suggestions were spot on perfect. We ended the meal sharing the coconut flan espuma, a delightful end to a perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Toro ToroMrsSmith67Dined on 10/27/2014Met my best friend there for lunch. It was on a Monday and it was a nice crowd...not too busy. Wait staff was great. Loved the decor and the atmosphere. We are definitely going to try it for happy hour and brunch to see how it flows. The food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/25/2014Excellent food, extensive drink list (lots of wines and specialty cocktails), and great service. Chef Felipe is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Lovers' Dream4HiMarksVIPDined on 10/20/2014Don't come here if you do not eat meat. The skewer is 650 grams of straight-up animal protein. It was delicious, but it was a lot of food. We both took home almost as much as we ate. The sides were good, too, although the asparagus could have been warmer. The desserts were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!!kpauDined on 10/19/2014I love the brunch... the steaks and the mimosas are amazing!!Special Features:
- My new favorite DC brunch spot!2forthechefstableVIPDined on 10/19/2014The food spread is amazing and I never saw the bottom of my glass. Ambiance is trendy and the service is amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014The meat is supposed to be the main show, but it was disappointing. Poorly flavored.
- Nice Twist on Brunchleebles73VIPDined on 10/13/2014Our reservation was for a business lunch, but since Monday was a federal holiday, the restaurant was only serving brunch. It was our first time at the restaurant, so brunch ended up being a pleasant surprise. The brunch buffet gave us an opportunity to try a little bit of everything - all quite delicious and very fresh. I also appreciated that only small amounts of food were portioned out at a time - elevating the freshness quotient. The only downside (for us) was that, since we were working that day, our brunch was brief and we couldn't indulge in Bloody Marys and mimosas. I will definitely go back. I think it would make a great future business lunch spot as well as for brunch and cocktails during off-hours.Special Features:
- Very specialFairfaxLouDined on 10/12/2014The ambiance was charming. Our waiter was excellent. I had three appetisers- empanada, lamb sticks, and then spinach from the side dishes. It was absolutely perfect, I couldn't eat another thing (woman's appetite).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great Food!AdileDined on 10/12/2014I have been to Toro Toro twice already and I'm loving more and more every-time. Dinner was great; steaks cooked to perfection and sides just as good. Brunch was a phenomenal deal and with so many things to choose from-food and drinks-it's the best, totally worth every pennie. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!ksaabVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I had a wonderful experience at Toro Toro. The service was amazing. Our server was 'just as good' as the food. He was friendly, smart, and just the right amount of attention was given. The food was as good as it gets. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, Slow & GreasyJP88VIPDined on 10/10/2014This was my first time at the restaurant. The décor was simply beautiful--interesting, inviting, and private. The service was extremely slow. Though we arrived when the restaurant was but 1/4 full, it took 15 minutes before anyone took our drink order (we did get water at the 10 minute mark though). The service though friendly and accommodating continued to test our patience level for the remainder of our lunch. The food was interesting and tasty, but my particular order was very greasy (beef torta). An antacid was a must do for dessert. Not sure I would go back but a friend recommended the lunch bar, so I may give it a second try.
- Buffet for LunchgadaDined on 10/10/2014How smart to have a delicious buffet for lunch during the work day. It allows everyone to choose their own adventure and their own time frame. The buffet was varied and delicious and the restaurant decor was hip without trying too hard. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Good time, will return.Special Features:
- Cool place. Good tapasggg1228Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I sat at the bar and shared four of the "appetizers" or tapas. We didn't get the All-You-Can-Eat meat skewers. We aren't AYCE diners. The bar is very comfortable. Nice, cushioned chairs with backs. No stools here. Both of the bartenders were very friendly and helpful with drink and food selections. We had the octopus, lamb skewers, grilled seafood civiche, and the duck carnitas. I would recommend the first three. The duck carnitas are good but I would bet that there are other tapas that would qualify as very good. We had a great time and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation/Hostess ProblemkittybuyshomesDined on 9/28/2014I made reservations for two for brunch. This was my second visit. The first visit was superb. When I gave my name to the hostess. She said that she didn't have my reservation. She asked me to give her my name five times. I spelled it for her. My name is a very white American name. She had an attitude. I finally showed her my Open Table reservation. We waited 15 minutes despite all the available seating. While we ate our brunch the waitress didn't think to bring us extra silverware. Or suggest one of their best mimosas.Special Features:
- Food good. Service eh.CityslickerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our food experience was so outstanding. Ordered a few small plates and I can't wait to go back for the Chilean sea bass (wow!)...but our server was odd. Didn't get a genuine or welcoming vibe from her. And when she spoke it was difficult to understand..muffled, quiet, and fast. And I'm pretty sure she flat out forgot to bring our drinks. When I asked about them she acted as if she was on top of it but clearly they'd been sitting at the bar for a while. One cocktail was completely watered down since the ice melted. I'd go back but I'd avoid her at all costs. Made for awkward energy whenever she approached the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Brunch Hot SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/20/2014I really like this place, especially for brunch. It's not too crowded, the staff is very accommodating and welcoming. The brunch buffet was different than the normal brunch spots in DC; they don't have your typical eggs and pastries, etc; but the selection was great.Special Features:
- Not bad...EhpasmalVIPDined on 9/17/2014We got here because it's right by our office and my coworker loves it. The food is pretty good, but for some reason my stomach always aches after. I can't decide if this is because I can't eat red meat and they cook it all on the same grill or not. The staff is super friendly and attentive during service, but trying to get your bill at the end of the meal can take a while most days. The atmoshphere is great and relaxed and I would generally recommend it for lunchSpecial Features:
- Too bad it isn't more livelygoodstuffindcDined on 9/16/2014Surprisingly good food, though a touch expensive. Due to its location, it suffers from a dearth of customers, which is really too bad, since it is perfectly set up to be a vibrant restaurant with good food and very good service.Special Features:
- JUST OKPBGFOODIEDined on 9/16/2014This place will not blow you out of the water as its mostly meat focused but I had Miso Cod which was great. Upon arrival table was very wobbly and had to have waiter fix, service was just OK and the place had a breeze going through it so food got cold quickly. I would not rush back as there are to many better restaurants in DC to go to. They really need to step it up and make sure tables are not wobbly ahead of time as the party next to us had same issue.Special Features:
- A little disappointing .CandLonthetownDined on 9/12/2014It must have been an off day for the kitchen. The ham croquettes were incredibly salty! Almost inedible. The puffed pastry on the seafood arepas was hard and over cooked. The lomo saltado empanadas, chaufa rice and toro toro salad were excellent. The service and ambiance always top notch. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicenesrobin4VIPDined on 9/12/2014I have visited every Richard Sandoval DC restaurant. My experience at Toro Toro lived up to my expectations. My dad and I overall enjoy the food and service. We started with the delicious smoked swordfish appetizer. We shared the tasty Truffle Fries with our entrees. My dad savored the Ahi Tuna Salad. Unfortunately I did not care for the Lobster Bisque. It was more watery than expected. None-the-less I look forward to returning and trying more food.Special Features:
- AmazingMUKIDined on 9/5/2014This place is great! I had an amazing experience here , the good was great and the service and attention to detail was phenomenal. I would recommend this place to all my friends. My favorite appetizer was the seafood arepas. Great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDSDCDined on 9/5/2014Went once and it was great. I definitely consider going again as there were many dishes on the menu I wanted to try.Special Features:
- Hit or MissfoodistDined on 9/3/2014This was my second time at Toro Toro, The first time I had no complaints about the food, but the service lacked that time as well. The service is slow and they don't know what they are doing. This time, the food was bad as well, the leaves of the salad were wilted and brown, should have been in the trash not on someones plate. The Truffle Fries were soggy.
- Tapas tapas!katie03VIPDined on 8/30/2014Loved everything we ordered! Tried the causa toro toro, cachapas, and empanada de choclo. Then we went back for the mushroom flatbread. Beautiful plating, tasty bites and friendly servers. We will certainly be back try more. FYI -- lots of options for meat, veg, w/w out gluten, dairy/no dairy which made it easy to accommodate needs of all sorts of palates.Special Features:
- MilanoVIPDined on 8/28/2014Why are people not eating there? Ruins ambiance with no diners Hope it takes off Could be cool sceneI would recommend this to a friend.