1300 I Street Northwest
Washington, DC 20001Neighborhood:
Latin AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.richardsandoval.com/torotorodc/
- Phone: 2026829500x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Saturday – Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
LATE NIGHT DANCING
Friday - Saturday: 10:00pm - 3:00am
Monday - Friday: 4:00pm - 7:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Toro Toro
Across Latin America, food is more than a meal. It's an event. It's a celebration that's shared, savored and enjoyed with the finest spirits. Discover the tantalizing cuisine of Toro Toro Pan Latin Steakhouse, brought to the Washington DC area by acclaimed Chef, Richard Sandoval. Toro Toro combines the warmth of Latin American dining with a trendy New York City-esque lounge environment.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Toro Toro reviews from OpenTable diners
178 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (97)fit for foodies (92)special occasion (75)great for brunch (60)hot spot (53)vibrant bar scene (47)romantic (46)great for outdoor dining (40)great for lunch (38)neighborhood gem (24)notable wine list (22)late-night find (20)scenic view (11)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Disappointing for the price.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014The meat is supposed to be the main show, but it was disappointing. Poorly flavored.
- Nice Twist on Brunchleebles73VIPDined on 10/13/2014Our reservation was for a business lunch, but since Monday was a federal holiday, the restaurant was only serving brunch. It was our first time at the restaurant, so brunch ended up being a pleasant surprise. The brunch buffet gave us an opportunity to try a little bit of everything - all quite delicious and very fresh. I also appreciated that only small amounts of food were portioned out at a time - elevating the freshness quotient. The only downside (for us) was that, since we were working that day, our brunch was brief and we couldn't indulge in Bloody Marys and mimosas. I will definitely go back. I think it would make a great future business lunch spot as well as for brunch and cocktails during off-hours.Special Features:
- Very specialFairfaxLouDined on 10/12/2014The ambiance was charming. Our waiter was excellent. I had three appetisers- empanada, lamb sticks, and then spinach from the side dishes. It was absolutely perfect, I couldn't eat another thing (woman's appetite).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great Food!AdileDined on 10/12/2014I have been to Toro Toro twice already and I'm loving more and more every-time. Dinner was great; steaks cooked to perfection and sides just as good. Brunch was a phenomenal deal and with so many things to choose from-food and drinks-it's the best, totally worth every pennie. Staff is very friendly and attentive. Great place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!ksaabVIPDined on 10/11/2014My husband and I had a wonderful experience at Toro Toro. The service was amazing. Our server was 'just as good' as the food. He was friendly, smart, and just the right amount of attention was given. The food was as good as it gets. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, Slow & GreasyJP88VIPDined on 10/10/2014This was my first time at the restaurant. The décor was simply beautiful--interesting, inviting, and private. The service was extremely slow. Though we arrived when the restaurant was but 1/4 full, it took 15 minutes before anyone took our drink order (we did get water at the 10 minute mark though). The service though friendly and accommodating continued to test our patience level for the remainder of our lunch. The food was interesting and tasty, but my particular order was very greasy (beef torta). An antacid was a must do for dessert. Not sure I would go back but a friend recommended the lunch bar, so I may give it a second try.
- Buffet for LunchgadaDined on 10/10/2014How smart to have a delicious buffet for lunch during the work day. It allows everyone to choose their own adventure and their own time frame. The buffet was varied and delicious and the restaurant decor was hip without trying too hard. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Good time, will return.Special Features:
- Cool place. Good tapasggg1228Dined on 10/4/2014My wife and I sat at the bar and shared four of the "appetizers" or tapas. We didn't get the All-You-Can-Eat meat skewers. We aren't AYCE diners. The bar is very comfortable. Nice, cushioned chairs with backs. No stools here. Both of the bartenders were very friendly and helpful with drink and food selections. We had the octopus, lamb skewers, grilled seafood civiche, and the duck carnitas. I would recommend the first three. The duck carnitas are good but I would bet that there are other tapas that would qualify as very good. We had a great time and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation/Hostess ProblemkittybuyshomesDined on 9/28/2014I made reservations for two for brunch. This was my second visit. The first visit was superb. When I gave my name to the hostess. She said that she didn't have my reservation. She asked me to give her my name five times. I spelled it for her. My name is a very white American name. She had an attitude. I finally showed her my Open Table reservation. We waited 15 minutes despite all the available seating. While we ate our brunch the waitress didn't think to bring us extra silverware. Or suggest one of their best mimosas.Special Features:
- Food good. Service eh.CityslickerVIPDined on 9/26/2014Our food experience was so outstanding. Ordered a few small plates and I can't wait to go back for the Chilean sea bass (wow!)...but our server was odd. Didn't get a genuine or welcoming vibe from her. And when she spoke it was difficult to understand..muffled, quiet, and fast. And I'm pretty sure she flat out forgot to bring our drinks. When I asked about them she acted as if she was on top of it but clearly they'd been sitting at the bar for a while. One cocktail was completely watered down since the ice melted. I'd go back but I'd avoid her at all costs. Made for awkward energy whenever she approached the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Brunch Hot SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/20/2014I really like this place, especially for brunch. It's not too crowded, the staff is very accommodating and welcoming. The brunch buffet was different than the normal brunch spots in DC; they don't have your typical eggs and pastries, etc; but the selection was great.Special Features:
- Not bad...EhpasmalDined on 9/17/2014We got here because it's right by our office and my coworker loves it. The food is pretty good, but for some reason my stomach always aches after. I can't decide if this is because I can't eat red meat and they cook it all on the same grill or not. The staff is super friendly and attentive during service, but trying to get your bill at the end of the meal can take a while most days. The atmoshphere is great and relaxed and I would generally recommend it for lunchSpecial Features:
- Too bad it isn't more livelygoodstuffindcDined on 9/16/2014Surprisingly good food, though a touch expensive. Due to its location, it suffers from a dearth of customers, which is really too bad, since it is perfectly set up to be a vibrant restaurant with good food and very good service.Special Features:
- JUST OKPBGFOODIEDined on 9/16/2014This place will not blow you out of the water as its mostly meat focused but I had Miso Cod which was great. Upon arrival table was very wobbly and had to have waiter fix, service was just OK and the place had a breeze going through it so food got cold quickly. I would not rush back as there are to many better restaurants in DC to go to. They really need to step it up and make sure tables are not wobbly ahead of time as the party next to us had same issue.Special Features:
- A little disappointing .CandLonthetownDined on 9/12/2014It must have been an off day for the kitchen. The ham croquettes were incredibly salty! Almost inedible. The puffed pastry on the seafood arepas was hard and over cooked. The lomo saltado empanadas, chaufa rice and toro toro salad were excellent. The service and ambiance always top notch. We will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicenesrobin4VIPDined on 9/12/2014I have visited every Richard Sandoval DC restaurant. My experience at Toro Toro lived up to my expectations. My dad and I overall enjoy the food and service. We started with the delicious smoked swordfish appetizer. We shared the tasty Truffle Fries with our entrees. My dad savored the Ahi Tuna Salad. Unfortunately I did not care for the Lobster Bisque. It was more watery than expected. None-the-less I look forward to returning and trying more food.Special Features:
- AmazingMUKIDined on 9/5/2014This place is great! I had an amazing experience here , the good was great and the service and attention to detail was phenomenal. I would recommend this place to all my friends. My favorite appetizer was the seafood arepas. Great ambianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDSDCDined on 9/5/2014Went once and it was great. I definitely consider going again as there were many dishes on the menu I wanted to try.Special Features:
- Hit or MissfoodistDined on 9/3/2014This was my second time at Toro Toro, The first time I had no complaints about the food, but the service lacked that time as well. The service is slow and they don't know what they are doing. This time, the food was bad as well, the leaves of the salad were wilted and brown, should have been in the trash not on someones plate. The Truffle Fries were soggy.
- Tapas tapas!katie03VIPDined on 8/30/2014Loved everything we ordered! Tried the causa toro toro, cachapas, and empanada de choclo. Then we went back for the mushroom flatbread. Beautiful plating, tasty bites and friendly servers. We will certainly be back try more. FYI -- lots of options for meat, veg, w/w out gluten, dairy/no dairy which made it easy to accommodate needs of all sorts of palates.Special Features:
- MilanoVIPDined on 8/28/2014Why are people not eating there? Ruins ambiance with no diners Hope it takes off Could be cool sceneI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place. No complaintsCKCGDined on 8/24/2014This place was incredible from tip to bottom. I have nothing bad to say about this place. The seating was great, it was a beauieday out so that just added to what was already a great experience. Servers, waiters, are the best. Punctual and sociable. Most definitely choose this place to brunch. Its worth every penny. Luis was our waiter and he was great. Didn't let Ur drink get pass halfway before he start pouring again. Very clean, respectful, and good people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week disappointmentMorning66VIPDined on 8/23/2014The point of RW is to entice new potential frequent diners to return, not mediocre samplings this menu didn't WOW me to want to return. The bay scallop ceviche, that was good, sexy, my Toro Toro salad nothing to rave about. The Churrasco steak medium was overcooked had to be sent back. The roasted chicken breast 'a la brasa' was tasty. For dessert the spiced brownie was so dry, hard and boring,we did enjoy the spiced pistachios. The panna cotta with roasted pineapple, too much gelatin, the roasted pineapple on top I ate off. Our server apologized and offrered a dessert off the a la carte menu. I ordered the Cortadito Bar which was beautiful and very delicious.The service was great, our server very attentive and that was rewarding.Special Features:
- Pretty goodNewtrack2000Dined on 8/23/2014My friend's and I had brunch here. There was a good selection of food (all you can eat) and unlimited boozy brunch drinks. Overall it was good. Not the best brunch ever but very satisfying and fun make your own bloody Mary's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WaitressOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/21/2014Service by waitress was below expectation especially since we went with the buffet. We asked for bottled water and lemon and had to remind her twice for the lemons. Her excuse was she got busy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ElegantDined on 8/20/2014Very interesting and unusual menu for both food and drinks. Exotic but accessibleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious DinnerstephersonianDined on 8/20/2014I work right around the corner from Toro Toro and was inspired to check it out by both the menu and the positive reviews. I was not disappointed, everything we ate and drank was delicious. I enjoyed a couple of happy hour cocktails. We shared small plates including ceviche, beet salad, duck carnitas, octopus, and al pastor... it was all delicious. A bit pricey but I was very pleased by the food and service. Nice happy hour, I'll be back.Special Features:
- Best brunch ever!migsDined on 8/17/2014I am obsessed! Hope they keep the quality of the food and the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch BuffetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014One of the best I've had! 40 bucks for bottomless mimosas AND brunch is amazing! We had 3 full plates and too many mimosas to count. It's a must come!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/16/2014Toro Toro is spacious with nice décor. Restaurant week menu was very limited.Special Features:
- Delicious!HungrybritDined on 8/16/2014A scallop ceviche that could have used a little more lime juice as the only criticism I can come up with. My hubby and I enjoyed an early sat eve dinner with the kids and loved the modern interior and very comfortable seating. Service was prompt and solicitous and the kids were well taken care of. I enjoyed the salmon with miso ginger which was cooked perfectly. Hubby chowed down on steak and was quiet chewing .. read enjoying meal. Yummy desserts , brownie and pannacpotte rounded put the meal ….. we will be back and will definitely recommend Toro Toro to friendsSpecial Features:
- DC- Hot SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 8/16/2014very trendy vibe and atmosphere; the drinks are so good!Special Features:
- loved it5yrsandcountingDined on 8/15/2014I work on 13th and decided to go for my 5 yr anniversary. Loved how the hostess called to make sure everything was ok when we were running late. The wine was incredible, place was gorgeous, and scallops were amazing. All of the food was delicious. Our hostess and waiter was wonderful and the manager was soo sweet. We are already planning to go back. P.S. there is a club downstairs with table service...loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExpensiveMickeyDined on 8/15/2014$9 for an 8 oz beer during happy hour? $12 for a glass of wine? Over $210 for three people who ordered the Fixe Prix $34 each off menu? NOT
- Good food service was lackingOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/14/2014Dined for restaurant week lunch. The buffet was great. Good variety and diverse items. Service lacked. Server wasn't on top of the job. Had to request water, silverware, plates to be removed, etcI would recommend this to a friend.
- Great costumer serviceMarianaDined on 8/13/2014All the staff there is great! Plus the food is deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Modern Latin at it's Best!CandLonthetownDined on 8/13/2014From the Ceviche to the Miso Salmon and the Ancho Chocolate Brownie the food was a culinary treasure to be remembered. The excellent service and close proximity to the metro, make it even more worth while for a return trip. We dined early and the noise level was low.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceNYCchicaVIPDined on 8/13/2014Good was fantastic, service was great, definitely will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Executive Lunch was great!momm3sqDined on 8/13/2014I thought the selection was amazing for the Exec Lunch. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food!DCfoodie0809Dined on 8/13/2014Brunch and lunch amazing! I must try. It won't disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.