276 Agusta Ave.,
Toronto, ON M5T 2L9Neighborhood:
Chinatown / Kensington Market
SpanishPrice: CAN$30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.toritotapasbar.com/
- Phone: (416) 961-7373
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:30 pm - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish
- Executive Chef: Chef Luis Valenzuela
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout
A word from Torito Tapas
We believe in good food, sustainable practices, and sharing with the community. Our flavours will warm your hearts and fill your bellies. Come and share some tapas with your loved ones. Chef Valenzuela may even make you something specialContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Torito Tapas reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since July 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (13)neighborhood gem (13)good for groups (9)great for outdoor dining (8)romantic (7)special occasion (4)hot spot (3)great for lunch (2)notable wine list (2)great for brunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- disappointing foodTOdinerVIPDined on 10/30/2014Service and ambiance were great. Food unfortunately was underwhelming. Lacked flavour and were small in portion size. The descriptions of the dishes were much better than the dishes themselves. Great wine though. Might be best for drinks and snacks, but I'd go elsewhere for a full dining experience.
- Torito Tapas is a total gemgoodeatsDined on 10/23/2014Great, great dining experience, from the excellent food to lovely staff. The quality of the food is consistently great, the wine list is commendable (they have nice bottles direct from providers that you can't necessarily get at the liquor store), and everyone working there is really knowledgeable and friendly. Nice atmosphere - comfortable yet cozy - and busy but not overly loud. We went to Torito Tapas for a birthday celebration, and the kitchen kindly whipped up awesome "birthday churros". Torito Tapas is a total gem.Special Features:
- Excellent!mmmmmDined on 10/11/2014We came here for my birthday as a large group. The service was impeccable and the food was amazing. Everything we tried was delicious! The staff were very friendly and professional. They even surprised me with complementary churros with a birthday candle after dinner! I would highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally ToritodininginthehoodDined on 10/8/2014I very seldom write reviews but our experience was exceptional and I wanted to let others know about this gem of a restaurant. It was my boyfriend's birthday and they did everything to help us celebrate: a cozy table for two with space so we could sit beside each other if we wanted, a birthday "cake" (churros) with a candle, and super accommodating wait staff. Our server was charming, helpful and sincere (and took a great photo of us to boot). The tapas themselves were scrumptious with just the right quantity so you could try a number of them without getting stuffed. All in all, a delightful experience. Look forward to trying the outdoor patio!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/28/2014"Torito Tapas, has a wide rage of great dishes such as Steak Frites & egg / Lamb meatballs & White Bass Ceviche but the avocado & zucchini fries was too salty for my liking. As for atmosphere it was quite & nicely lighten space with great patio. I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone from a student to a senior, single party to business occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedKJJNDined on 8/7/2014Been here before with locals and it was alright but this time I took some out of town friends here for dinner and was embarrassed by the lack of service...our server was not friendly, not attentive and she seemed to just not want to be there. Disappointed and embarassed for recommending it.Special Features:
- The following 88 reviews are from the Torito Tapas reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/1/2014y .Special Features:
- fantastic experiencesadieDined on 6/21/2014although i have been to toritos in the past, i only remembered the paella standing out in my mind... this time, every dish was better than the last... well, the rabbit paella may have still been best of all... but it was pretty amazing. will make the trip across town again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!ValentinaDined on 6/20/2014Torito Tapas was outstanding! I read reviews before bringing my best friend to dinner for her birthday and I'm so happy I picked this place! I love Kensington but I could not believe I had never gone to this restaurant. The staff were incredibly friendly and attentive but the best part...the food! Every bite was incredible...if you go, which you should, definitely try the avocado fries! Plus, the outdoor patio was so intimate yet inviting, clean, modern, and still authentic. I'm definitely going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!DufferDined on 6/17/2014I booked a reservation because my husband and I had gotten a gift certificate from foodie friends of ours as a wedding gift. One of the best meals I've had in Toronto in ten years even though a leaky pipe dripped on my head the entire time the food was so good I let it go. Although a more touchy customer would have surely been bothered by it as it's kind of gross. But the waiter was fantastic and the food was superb and great compliments to the chef. The owner however should fix the pipes as that was disgusting but that should not reflect the excellent food and service. I will be back (in a different table) for sure. Very impressed.Special Features:
- DecentJacquelineVIPDined on 6/11/2014I came across Torito Tapas when I was on the lookout for a Spanish tapas restaurant in the downtown core. The food was great - the bacon wrapped dates were sweet, but delicious. I wouldn't say that this place particularly stood out to me, but everything was above average.
- What a chill placePamarooDined on 6/3/2014Food was great, service was excellent, atmosphere was good. Definitely worth checking out.Special Features:
- SlowLouiseVIPDined on 5/7/2014Realllly slow service for a half-empty restaurant, but delicious food.Special Features:
- Great find in Kesington Market!2good2btrueDined on 4/27/2014This restaurant has fantastic food!!! couldn't find one thing on the menu that was not exceptionally prepared and that didn't taste delicious. The beer selection on the menu is great and pairs nicely with the food, the host was very knowledgeable and the washrooms were clean! PS - you must try the dates stuffed with almonds and cheese wrapped in bacon (best thing I've ate this year)Special Features:
- Great food but very noisyTotoVIPDined on 4/26/2014We went to the restaurant for the first time. We loved the food. It was very nice and well prepared. The service was friendly. The only problem was the notice. It is very very noisy. You can barely talk!
- Great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/26/2014We enjoyed the food, very well prepared. The size of each plate is on the small side, so that makes the total bill high. The lamb meatball were great.Special Features:
- Taste of SpaintdotfoodieDined on 4/8/2014Ambiance = Upscale casual. It'squite nice (especially by Kensington Market standards), but not stuffy. Service = Fantastic. Seated quickly, coats taken away, drinks arrived fast. The servers regularly checked up on us but were not pushy. Food = Absolutely fantastic. Highly recommend the White Fish Ceviche, Lamb Meatballs, and Avocado Fries. The food is a bit pricey (again by Kensington Market standards), but it's so tasty that I wouldn't call it overpriced. You'll also fill up on the tiny bites faster than you think you will.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic night at Torito Tapas!melouDined on 3/28/2014Fantastic night out! Service was outstanding, our server made great recommendations. Lots of interesting options on the menu, food was delicious. Ambiance was fun and relaxed. BYOW made sure we had a good bottle at our table at a price we are willing to pay. Would definitively retun and try the front terrace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great small platesLilMeatballDined on 3/21/2014Very delicious small plates. The scallops are a must!!Special Features:
- Five times there and always greatStuxyzDined on 3/20/2014A nice relaxed vibe - particularly nice for the area. The food has always been good and the bill is never a downer.Special Features:
- Exceeded ExpectationsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/8/2014I would go out of my way to recommend Tapas to others, and will certainly repeat. The service was very personable, attentive and not at all pretentious. To assist with making our wine decision, our very knowledgeable waiter provided us with three samples to help us make our choice. The food was excellent; nothing we ordered came close to disapointing. Flavours were complex and diverse. Portion sizes were suitable, considering the tendency in this city for tapas plates that only permit a taste for more than one diner. The atmosphere is laid back and casual. Decor is somewhat hipster, but strikes an appropriate balance so it does not annoy. As a bonus, it is a good value considering the excellent food quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amaze food; slow servoceBerCoDined on 2/22/2014Food was amazing but service was very slow. I will definitely be back but on a week night and with a smaller group.Special Features:
- Tasty tapasEarlyDined on 2/16/2014Simple rustic atmosphere and homey feel with young staff In the kitchen and in the front of the house. We were a table of five and sampled most of the menu. All of the dishes on the short menu were excellent. This spot could stand up to the competition in San Sebastián. The wine list could be lengthened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices too high for too little foodYumyumDined on 2/15/2014Delicious food for the most part with a good range of menu selections... Reasonable if you don't go in with a hungry group but if you want to do more than nibble it adds upSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2014This is my go-to spot for tapas. Service is good, food is solid, prices are very reasonable. Always a good timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!LovedItDined on 2/14/2014Fantastic food, great service, and a fun dining atmosphere! A unique and amazing restaurant that I look forward to sharing with friends and family when I return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE IT a lotJoobsDined on 2/4/2014I love tapas anyway - just trying and sharing many flavours is so great, especially when each and everything you try is incredibly delicious. Also the Sangria was lovely. Full of fresh fruit - nicely wine soaked dessert at the end for me! I'll go again and highly recommend that you try Torito Tapas too. xSpecial Features:
- horribledomesticgoddessDined on 1/31/2014Lots of hype for a horrible experience all around. Food to service. Atmosphere was nothing special either
- Tapas TapasDownTownAaronBrownDined on 1/24/2014Great spot for sharing...obviously. Near avocado fries in the city but I also don't know where else to find them. I'd say the bacon wrapped dates were solid, the pisco sours are all stand up. The kale sauté was also delicious. You'll have a great time but it is very loud so plan on shouting to your dining guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExpenrienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/18/2014Good restaurant, good food, amazing service and well priced. Will definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful eveningHennyDined on 12/28/2013We went to Torito Tapas after a matinee performance, so we arrived around 5:30 and the restaurant was quite empty. We had not experienced tapas before and the waiter was great, very helpful explaining the dishes and offering suggestions, which were all excellent. During our time there the restaurant filled up, yet there was no rush for us to leave. Overall a wonderful experience.Special Features:
- Wonderful meal & service!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/18/2013We searched for a tapas restaurant online and found Torito's, we were not disappointed. All the dishes we choose were exceptional, and the service was personably casual. We really enjoyed dining here!Special Features:
- Great for a girls-night outkgabrielleDined on 12/7/2013Tapas are a great meal-style to enjoy amongst friends...wonderful experience. Would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodVee1975Dined on 12/6/2013I was extremely pleased with the food and service at Torito Taps. The tapas menu was varied, and all of our selections were excellent. I will definitely be coming back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mi casa es tu casaPaulaDined on 12/4/2013Fabulous service. Literally felt like I was being welcomed by family members. Server knew exactly what to offer to make sure I was getting what I wanted and needed. The tapas didn't taste like they do back in Spain. But they sure tasted good. Sangria was fantastic. The environment is lovely. Cozy, quiet and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bites of heaven!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/27/2013Service was great. Food was amazing. Will return asapSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Parents night outdiningoutDined on 11/16/2013Torito never fails to impress. Great food and service. The dates wrapped in bacon amazing. Avocado fries? who knew they would be so tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/3/2013the food was amazing, our server was so wonderful w/ detailed answers and great suggestions. cocktails were delicious as well! it was a celebratory dinner for my family and couldn't have been a better place for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazinglaurachristinaDined on 9/29/2013I've Spanish tapas and this is my favourite place in Toronto. Can't wait to come back for a fourth time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the wait!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/24/2013Always seems hard to get a reservation...options are always 6pm or 9:15...even 2 weeks in advance...so yes this time we went at 6pm for a super early dinner so we could try it and it was super super yummy! Highly recommend the ceviche and the fig/manchego cheese dishes....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.