7850 Beach Blvd
Buena Park, CA 90620Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.torch-restaurant.com/
- Phone: 7145238880
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Manoj Sananse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Please visit our website at www.torch-restaurant.com and visit our Catering page for more details. You can submit a catering inquiry and our Banquet & Catering Manager will contact you accordingly.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer a wide variety of banquet services for private events, and can host 400+ people. We do weddings, birthdays, anniversary parties, upscale club/lounge promotions and any type of special engagement you can imagine. Please visit our website at www.torch-restaurant.com and check out our banquet page for further details. You can submit a banquet Inquiry and our Banquet & Catering Manager will contact you directly.
- Entertainment: At Torch we offer a variety of entertainment from live DJ's spinning international lounge music, to live singers and cultural dancers performing while you Sip, Savor & Socialize. Please visit our website at www.torch-restaurant.com to stay posted regarding special events and weekly entertainment details.
A word from Torch
Located in the middle of the new "Event Corridor" on Beach Blvd in Buena Park, CA, come and relax at Torch; a sultry and exciting restaurant & lounge that also offers banquet services for larger parties. We offer an intersection of cuisines from India, Thailand and China, with friendly service and careful attention to detail. Our 21 foot bar and surrounding lounge area provides an inviting experience to enjoy lunch, happy hour or even dinner after a long day at work. With live DJ's spinning international lounge music on weekends, our promise to you is a phenomenal dining experience and journey through Asian cuisine and culture!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Torch reviews from OpenTable diners
- The worst Asian restaurant in town!msgrewalDined on 2/14/2014We went to the Torch on Valentines Day weekend and it was one of the worst restaurant we've been too. .. We waited for half an hour before we even got our menu's. . After that our waiter forgot us again. . So we ended up leaving the restaurant after being there for one full hour and still no service. .
- Tasty food but really loudOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/31/2014I came per recommendation on Yelp. We wanted to have a nice dinner to visit as it had been awhile since the last time we saw each other. Little did we know, the place is REALLY loud. They play the music like it's a nightclub during dinner hours making it difficult to talk and hear eAch other. If I wanted a fun, live atmosphere to drink, this would have been great. I missed that memo. So, if you're looking to have dinner and talk, this isn't the place. If you're looking for more of a cocktail and dance then this is the place.Special Features:
- DisappointingmikiDined on 11/7/2013I have eaten here twice and will not try again. All the dishes were overdone. There should not be a 4 dollar charge for rice. Happy hour prices for wine only apply to the bar. They must rely on weekends to servive.
- Our server was not familiarCatMomVIPDined on 9/6/2013Our server was not familiar with the dishes (Indian), they were out of most (white) wines because "they had not placed their order" (and this was a Friday night). Everyone was pleasant, however, only if we were very nearby, would we return.
- Wonderful ExperienceVegclusiveDined on 7/30/2013As a vegetarian I was looking for a restaurant that offered options for both me and my non-vegetarian girlfriend. She and I both love curry so I decided this would be a good choice. We went early on a Tuesday (around 6pm) so it was nearly empty and we were attended to very well. I wish I could remember our server's name (something with an "R"..?) but he was very attentive and I appreciated his friendliness. I ordered the malai kofta and it was delicious, though definitely heavy on the cream, but that is to be expected. She ordered the lamb vindaloo (gross) but she loved it! We supplemented it with garlic naan (amazing) and rice. I had wine and she drank a (very strong) mai tai. The decor is worth noting, I loved the design and atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great service.gigi56Dined on 3/22/2013Great food, great service. Would definitely return and would highly recommend it to anyone. They specialize in Indian food but also have a wide variety of Asian & Thai food. Everything we tried was very tasty. The waiter was very attentive and helpful, even recommended dishes for us to try. It was a very good dining experience and we will definitely be returning.Special Features:
- Not just for tourist.........OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/8/2013Very friendly staff and the owner/manager came out to greet us and treated us with their home made ice cream, that was very thoughtful of them. Food selection is superb and quality and quantity are very well presented. Thank you.Special Features:
- Buffet was bad, soda was flat.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/4/2013Buffet was bad, soda was flat. Would not recommend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/20/2013Excellent food and service! Will absolutely go again!Special Features:
- DisappointedDisappointedDined on 2/14/2013I am really disappointed with this restaurant. I have to say the food was excellent - my compliments to the chef. But the service was slow and disorganized and the noise was unbearable. They had a wedding going on during our dining. We asked the manager several times to close the doors on the event room but were ignored. A very loud band or DJ was playing and a lot of rowdy people congregating the bar which is located in the main dining area. All in all our dining experience was a disaster.
- First Impressions CountOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/14/2013While having dinner there during my first visit, my group members and I were approached by the owner. He was courteous and welcoming. The time he spent explaining all that the facility has to offer and getting to know each of us was very personable. We will definitely return soon and will recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- My dancing group and I wereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/18/2013My dancing group and I were there to celebrate our teacher 's birthday, food was delicious, and service was great, the music after that was ok, but somehow overwhelming after a while, but definitely recommended for dinner with friends or familySpecial Features:
- The Indian Food was delicious.lkcguamVIPDined on 1/17/2013The Indian Food was delicious. We ordered more than we needed cause the menu was very appealing. It was packed up for terrific leftovers. Wasn't very busy on a Thursday night.Special Features:
- Eclectic, Southeast Asia-themedFoodieDined on 1/6/2013Eclectic, Southeast Asia-themed restaurant with Indian menu along with Thai and Chinese dishes. Indian dishes were good, though naan and rice had to be ordered separately and given small portions of these side dishes, they can add up in the final bill when multiple portions are ordered. Chicken in both vindaloo and tikka dishes was very moist and tender; garlic naan hot from the oven, soft inside and a light crust outside was perfect; rice well-cooked. Service was OK, but the napkin I had was sticky spots, which ruined my first impression. They also didn't provide the four of us in the party with individual plates when sharing multiple desserts. Dessert is heavily oriented Indian and solid.Special Features:
- Good food, great service.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/5/2013Good food, great service. The owner of this restaurant, Sunny, was very kind & very welcoming. He even came by our table 2x to see how everything was & even talked to us a bit. Price for entrees are affordable & good portions. The ambiance is what drew me here & the outside architecture. It's kind that loungey, nightclub feel without the nightclub noise. I would definitely recommend this place for future large party grps or even as a romantic spot to dine.Special Features:
- My husband and I went forOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/28/2012My husband and I went for a nice anniversary dinner and the food was great. The entire staff was very friendly. We ordered some of their indian dishes, which were excellent. Our waitress even treated us to a complementary dessert.Special Features:
- We were there on a MondayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/26/2012We were there on a Monday night for a company dinner. I'm not a big fan of Indian food, but this place made me a believer! Great people - so fun and accommodating. We decided to eat family style and told them to pick the dishes. Great experience - would highly recommend!Special Features:
- Took my woman for her birthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Took my woman for her birthday dinner on a Saturday night, and it was pretty empty. Had reservations for 7:15 and didn't begin to fill up until 8 pm. Around 8 pm it began to be fun when the restaurant is full and just the energy seems more lively, but before then I was disappointed by it being empty and hoping for a nice dinner. Food was honestly very amazing, tried both of our dishes and was very satisfied. The "hypnotize" mixed drink is absolutely amazing, and I recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a nice mid range dinner. I recommend going around 8 p.m. if you want to have a nice dinner with your date.Special Features:
- The best Indian food buffetOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2012The best Indian food buffet I've had. Food was fresh and delicious and the bread melted in your mouth. Price was reasonable for the quality of the food. Servers were very attentive and helpful. All the mango lassi you can drink on Saturday. Amazing!Special Features:
- Excellent Portion too largeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2012Excellent Portion too large for tandoori chicken a bit of waste Nice food Thank youSpecial Features:
- Food was great! But too quietOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2012Food was great! But too quiet there hardly any people there. Service was great too. Definitely will be going back!!! Prices were also very reasonable.Special Features:
- Worth a 2nd tryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/3/2012Nice restaurant with a cool vibe, good food, good music, great service. The menu was a bit confusing, the menu didn't specify if the dish came with sides so make sure you ask your waiter. We sipped and savored but unfortunately we couldn't socialize due to the fact that there was a private function being held on the night we decided to go, it would have been nice if their website's "events calendar" would have mentioned this.Special Features:
- This restaurant should onlysteveDined on 10/30/2011This restaurant should only do banquets and buffets. The kitchen is capable of [slowly] producing decent food. But they are totally incapable of providing restaurant service. We arrived at 5pm (4 people) and we were the only table. Others arrived slowly. But we had at least 4 different waiters (not in the good way where they are a team, but in the bad way where no one knows what is happening). They haven't tasted most of the dishes, they can't explain the differences, the kitchen was incredibly slow, even the busboy (the most competent member of the staff) seemed unsure about what was expected. I am *not* made at this restaurant. It was actually one of the oddest experiences I have had, because the food was decent.
- Wait staff not well trainedtamartDined on 9/10/2011We went to Torch after reading a review in the OC Register. Overall it was good. The wait staff does not have all the information they should have about the menu. Several of our questions were met with "I'm new, I'm not that familiar with the menu yet." My husband asked for his food to be prepared "medium" spicey, but when he received it, it wasn't spicey at all. He asked for a side of hot sauce and the sauce they brought out tasted like hot wing sauce. My chicken was kinda dry, but otherwise flavorful. We really loved the vegetable samosas and the garlic nan bread. I understand that they have a Sunday champagne brunch for $14.95, which is an awesome price. The place is pretty new. I think it has potential.Special Features:
- I am not familiar with IndianEiEiOODined on 8/24/2011I am not familiar with Indian food, but we tried several items to learn. The tastiest dish wasn't Indian; it was the Kung Pao Chicken. Another plus was their specialty ice cream. The menus were difficult to read and the room was very dark. Also, we were the only diners at 6:30pm. I think they need to make the concept more friendly to the novice. There's a reason only one table is seated at dinner until 7:15pm.
- variable serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2011My first time to Torch was enjoyable. Everything added up to a nice evening out so much so that I returned a few days later with others. With the same waiter, I expected things to go well as before. Unfortunately, the same attention was not paid to the service as the first time. Both times the food, ambiance & noise was suitable. Service was variable.Special Features:
- Very empty. Not great food,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2011Very empty. Not great food, just tried it out since it was new. Won't go there again.
- Great new restaurantJoelRDined on 7/23/2011Amazing atmosphere and lighting , really cool torches inside, beautiful decor, wonderful food, great service - would definitely go back!Special Features:
- It is a fusion restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2011It is a fusion restaurant that presents a variety of tastes and delicious edibles. I highly recommend the Asian Rice, which was amazing. It is a great place if you are looking for something a little different and want to try something new. The service is excellent and the staff really wants to please. I am looking forward to my next dining experience at Torch!Special Features: