1140 Main Street
Napa, CA 94599Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.torcnapa.com/
- Phone: 7072523292x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: M-Su 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean O"Toole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Torc
TORC is a contemporary, high-energy American restaurant with global influences. A local gathering place to meet up with friends and catch up on news and events, TORC exudes a spirit of community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Torc - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Torc reviews from OpenTable diners
149 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (115)notable wine list (72)special occasion (54)neighborhood gem (52)hot spot (46)good for groups (28)romantic (26)great for brunch (8)vibrant bar scene (8)great for lunch (7)great for outdoor dining (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Wine Country FindOakFindDined on 10/17/2014Great place to go in Napa. Food preparation is first rate. Wine list is good - we brought our own wine, however. Restaurant wants you to buy their wine as corkerage on first bottle was $20 but corkerage on the second bottle was $35. A bit much but the food more than compensated and we had brought very expensive bottles of wine so it didn't matter much to our group. The Ling Cod dish was marvelous - great flavors and combination of sauces. Hanger steak was deliciously seasoned and done to perfection (medium rare). For appetizers - don't miss the deviled eggs. The Padron peppers were good but watch out for the hot ones. One of the better wine country restaurants we have been to - we will come back.Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/14/2014Torc is such welcomed addition to Napa! The food, ambiance and service are exceptional. Staff is professional and attentive, you always feel at home and Chef's food always delightful and creative.Special Features:
- Should be on your list!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Everyone should include Torc on their wine country list of must go to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesStaceyVIPDined on 10/13/2014Chef owner Sean O'Toole really knows how to make me happy. There are so many great dishes and the menu changes often enough to keep me coming back regularly. The fritto misto is amazing. I suspect the Andalusian gazpacho will be changing soon so I've been getting it while I can. So good! New to the menu is the scallop and shrimp small dish and it is amazing. The eggplant gratin is a side dish that could pass as a small entree. And the chicken for two is still a standout. Torc is a terrific addition to the Napa food scene.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food with Great ServiceRedwoodEmpireDined on 10/11/2014Didn't know anything about this restaurant when we made dinner reservations. Turned out to be an excellent choice! The food is absolutely wonderful. Everyone at the table loved every dish we were served from appetizers to entrees (unfortunately, we couldn't stay for dessert). The service is friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The decor is appealing and the tables spaced well apart . Note that they only serve beer and wine, but if you're itching for a pre-dinner drink, try the Vermut. Wine is a bit high-priced so you might want to check out the corkage fee associated with bringing your own bottle. 5 Stars! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a pinch of saltOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2014This former Ubuntu restaurant space was always such a beautiful setting for a restaurant with the stone walls and high ceilings, and it still is. What an impressive, yet warm setting! The food was so incredibly flavorful -- the deviled eggs are comfort food yummy, but with a foodie twist that makes them a must-have. The gazpacho had all right moves to be a favorite gazpacho except for the excessive salt -- I couldn't finish it because of the saltiness. And, same for the rabbit ravioli -- amazing flavor except again, the saltiness was overwhelming. The lobster rissotto however was perfection! I highly recommend Torc...but hope they will just use a pinch of salt instead of the entire salt shaker!Special Features:
- One of my favorite places in Napa!TorcdupDined on 10/7/2014Great place! The Chef updates and changes the menue all the time keeping it fresh, great wine list, beautiful space, excellent service and the food is always amazing! Love it there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked itGatorForLifeDined on 10/4/2014We went to Torc to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Noted when I made the OpenTable rez, and they remembered when bringing out our shared dessert with a candle on top. Staff was very attentive. Our server allowed my wife to taste a couple of the wines she recommended before deciding, and she was always on top of things at our table. The food was very good, started with fritto misto, then on to the boar sulze and rabbit ravioli, and finished with the vacherin. The sulze was the best of the bunch, but not like a head cheese in the traditional sense. It was a crispy log of meaty goodness with a very nice sauce and pickled salad for an acid kick. This reminded me of the Cuban croquettas that I used to get growing up in Fort Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food slow serviceDjohnsonVIPDined on 10/3/20148:15 reserve and seated promptly Two starters arrived quickly First main dish arrived 30 minutes later. Second main dish arrived 45 minutes after that. We were comped two glasses of Capiaux Pinot to drink with last dish since we had finished our wine. Don't know what the deal was since the place wasn't jammed. Food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great serviceBillVIPDined on 10/1/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Torc. Great service, great food. The porchetta was awesome. Very attentive service. The wine list has some gems that are very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously Amazing foodDouggieVIPDined on 9/29/2014We tried a lot for 2 ppl. The Calamari, Deviled eggs, rabbit ravioli, lobster risotto & Chicken for two. Each item was so delicious each bite there were oohs and ahhs. The service was good and seating very plush. This place is not to be missed. I will be back SOON!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable!gludocDined on 9/15/2014The food is creative and delicious!..........................Service was extraordinary! A truly unique eatery even for Napa. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHeisenbergVIPDined on 9/13/2014We went in with high expectations and came away disappointed. Presentation was great but taste was missing
- SoSoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was disappointing, but the restaurant was lovely and the service was really good. The food just did not live up to the prices and etc.
- Why have I waited so long?NapaFoodChickVIPDined on 9/13/2014A true gem Indeed. Interesting thing is it opened last Nov and only this weekend did I dine there? Silly me. The food was amazing, from the deviled eggs (the "new" old that's making a comback) to the rabbit & boar cassoulet and let's not forget the squab. The service was spot on as was the wine recommendation. If it maintains it's quality (food & service) it will be one of our regular spots. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PotentialThomasVIPDined on 9/13/2014Torc occupies the space previously run by Umbuntu (which we miss very much). It is a comfortable and stylish restaurant with excellent service. My guest ordered the fig salad and was extremely happy with the composition and the incredible figs. Perfectly ripe and pungent it was a real winner. I had the BLT Benedict which was good but I wish the pork belly was a little crisper. The tomatoes tasted like they were picked that morning and were perfectly ripe. The eggs were slightly undercooked but quite tasty. We will definitely revisit Torc. I wish they had one day on the weekend that served lunch instead of only brunch.Special Features:
- OMG!!!NevercomingagainNapanVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our new Napa Valley Favorite! What a great experience, my husband and I went to celebrate our anniversary. WOW~ INCREDIBLE is all we can say! Milton was the bomb and took dining to a new level! We can't wait to come back for another delicious experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was nicemichalvasDined on 9/9/2014Service was very nice as well as the atmosphere, I expected little bit more out of the food but It was all nicely prepared and tasty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/7/2014Very good lunch/brunch. Good neighborhood and tourist spotSpecial Features:
- Simply the bestOrindamomVIPDined on 9/6/2014Wow. That is my first reaction.Fresh, creative, delicious, attentive, friendly, knowledgeable. Those are easy adjectives that come to mind. We shared much of the distinctively flavorful courses throughout the meal. The fried sweet potato appetizer, fritto misto, and deviled eggs were delicious and well prepared. The tomato/burrata salad was creamy and sweet. The porchetta crispy, sweet, briny, and tender. We were very delightfully surprised at the quality of the preparations and the friendly service. More than we had hoped for. Cannot wait to come back!Special Features:
- creative menuvanderfoodVIPDined on 9/6/2014Small, creative dishes. Excellent quality and very good service. Sparkling water at start illustrates class. Smallish wine by glass list. Don't expect a lot of food on the plate. And, the coffee was great (fresh, table French press).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatamydVIPDined on 9/5/2014Portions are super small. They charge $20 for corkage then $35 for a 2nd bottle!? Were locals which makes this even more insulting! Not impressed - go to tarla instead!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and service and we will be back. Would love to see daily specials added and the menu switched up more often.Special Features:
- Great placeChristopheDVIPDined on 8/26/2014Downtown Napa, delicious food, European portions, extended wine list. Not cheap, but defenitely worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!naparoseVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful food and great service. We have dined here before and really loved it. We will certainly be back again.Special Features:
- Amazing!DebaDined on 8/22/2014Every dish was delicious! The porchetta was the best pork dish I have ever had. Crispy skin and moist flavorful inside A++ The chocolate desert was awesome Our waiter was super professional and helpful with recommendations on wine pairing. He worked for many years at French Laundry Will be back for more ASAP Best resturaunt in downtown Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional!DJnAlVIPDined on 8/20/2014Everything about this place from the chic vibe of the restaurant to the incredible food presentation scream exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/17/2014Wow. The food was the star here. Different, exciting, expertly prepared. Halibut and lamb were standouts. Fig salad and crudo were wonderful. Great interactions regarding wine and the interesting, very well-priced, list. Nice desserts. Service is trying hard, so credit for that. Open kitchen isn't always best, but overall a wonderful space and experience.Special Features:
- My favorite Napa restaurantCharVIPDined on 8/17/2014Food is superb -- creative, delicious, and beautifully presented. Never had a dish there that wasn't wonderful. Service also excellent -- wine and water glasses kept filled, etc., etc. Don't miss the hamachi appetizer - to die for. Soups out of this world. Salads yummy. Entrees excellent. Desserts very creative, complex and scrumptious. Love the place.Special Features:
- Very good but tight fitJeffTVIPDined on 8/17/2014Walking in it was a cool looking space in downtown napa. We were presented with the standard menu but knew of a special select deal if you come in between 5-6:30, where you get 3 courses for less than some of the main entrees. The server and other staff were very friendly and helpful. At times we waited, even though the place was 1/2 full. The waiter we had was very good at creating a special wine pairing with our food choices, though it was a bit pricey when you go to 3 wines to mix. Food was very good quality and portion sizes were better than some fine places. Overall worth trying and enjoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPunchpartyDined on 8/16/2014We went to Torc pretty early, round 6pm and there was already a pretty good number of people there which we took as a good sign. We ordered the Kampachi, Soft Shell Crab, deviled eggs, the lamb, short ribs and some sort of chocolate wonder for dessert. All we can say is that it was first class in every way. The presentation, the portion and most importantly the taste! Chef O'Toole is definitely onto something here and we hope this place is as successful as it should be, which is a lot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super small portionsLisaeatsDined on 8/16/2014The ambiance is reat, service was outstanding. We left hungry.
- Not GoodFoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great ambience and service, but food is definitely below average. With so many restaurants in the wine country, I would leave this for last. Food had virtually no flavor.
- What a Shocker!DinedWellVIPDined on 8/15/2014Wow, this is not what we expected at all. We had heard good things about the service and food so we booked a table. Arrived and with a smile were taken to our table. The staff came over and offered still or sparkling water. Then were told about some specials and that 2 items would take 45 mins. We ordered the devil eggs and lobster risotto for a starter. The eggs were amazing and the different flavors were so nice together. For our main we did the chicken that took 45 mins. The whole bird was presented to us as if it was ready for a photo pic, then cut up and displayed just as nice. The wine list is great and something for every budget. If you in Napa I sure hope you make the time and have an amazing dinner at a great price.Special Features:
- Awesome spotPattiDined on 8/15/2014We have been here several times in recent months and it just keeps getting better! The beer and wine options are exciting. The food is top quality and some of the best in the valley. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the hangar steak and most recently I had the salmon. Every bite is perfect and we will continue to recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food!jenallisonVIPDined on 8/11/2014The service and ambiance were wonderful, but the food was outstanding. The ingredients are organic and fresh and every item we ordered was bursting with flavor. One of Napa's best!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014Everything we ordered for our brunch was delicious. Don't miss the sweet potato appetizer! The croque madame was to die for.Special Features:
- JakeDined on 8/9/2014Chicken for two was Fantastic,Great presentation, exciting menu, portions were on the small side except for the main entree, diffidently food that will excite your senses.Special Features:
- Torc review 8/08/2014DinerDined on 8/8/2014A very good restaurant with a nice feel. Beer and wine bar only at this point. Liquor license expected soon we were told. When they get that I expect it will have a bar that would rival some of its neighbors. Great food and ambiance makes up for it. We brought a bottle of wine with us since they did not have their wine list viewable online. Torc has a very nice list. If I had the chance to view it online I would have purchased a bottle from them. All in all a very nice evening and I would recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art on a plate, taste to match!WestinTomDined on 8/7/2014Great presentation of local foods, fabulous flavors with personable staff and Chef/Owner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.