1140 Main Street
Napa, CA 94599Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.torcnapa.com/
- Phone: (707) 252-3292
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: M-Su 5:00pm-9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean O"Toole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Torc
TORC is a contemporary, high-energy American restaurant with global influences. A local gathering place to meet up with friends and catch up on news and events, TORC exudes a spirit of community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Torc - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Torc reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (125)notable wine list (71)special occasion (59)neighborhood gem (55)hot spot (54)good for groups (36)romantic (33)vibrant bar scene (12)great for brunch (11)great for outdoor dining (7)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Napa Valley Film FestivalRastrattonVIPDined on 11/16/2014We attended Napa Valley Film Festival and on the last night had dinner at TORC since it was just a few blocks from the last film venue. The service was friendly, engaging and informative. I had the Maine Lobster Risotto and my husband had the steak, both were excellent. We started with their local salad with very fresh greens and a couple glasses of Napa wine. an excellent experience all the way around.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LocalOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/2014Great layers of flavor. Unusual combination's of ingredients that make the food unique.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tasty trailsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/7/2014Fresh White Truffle pasta was amazing The whole roasted chicken with herbs was the best while roasted bird that I have had (more than worth the hour wait) and the lobster risotto was perfect. !!!! 11 out of 10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLocalVIPDined on 11/6/2014Based upon the reviews, we expected an exceptional dining experience. We were disappointed. The food was "good" - buy expensive. Strip steak for 2 is $85. The squab is $33! We also thought the wine list was overpriced. And perhaps the most surprising was the noise level. At 8PM with the restaurant less than half full, we had difficulty hearing each other across the table.
- Some Parts Great, Some NotWino4lifeDined on 11/6/2014Our dinner started off great with deviled eggs and a beet salad for apps. Good wine list with interesting choices. The entrees were a huge miss. Raviolis were hammered and not tasty at all. Veal was in an odd cinnamon and cardamom (my guess anyway) sauce that didn't work foe the dish. Potato side dish also had cinnamon ????? But needed a ton of salt. Dessert was very good as was the friendly service.
- Date nightDrGMinimeDined on 11/2/2014My boyfriend and I enjoyed amazing service and food on our date night! The servers were very attentive and our glasses were never empty! The ambience was intimate but it can get a little loud when it's a little more crowded but not to the point of yelling during conversation. The food itself was quite delicious and the portions were perfect! I got the prawn wrapped scallops in coconut broth and he got the short ribs. I would recommend this place to anyone!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great findIndychefDined on 11/2/2014Everything was great. The food, service, and atmosphere were all amazing.Special Features:
- We'll be backYoha76Dined on 11/1/2014Recommended by several friends and did not disappoint. Biggest problem was deciding what to order. Everything was right up our alley: seasonal salads, frito misto lobster risotto, pasta with truffles, veal, steak, squab... Dishes were original and delicious with generous portions and the service was warm and thoughtful. Great wine list too. We'll definitely be back to sample the rest of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great tasting FoodGoodfood15Dined on 11/1/2014Good food. Enjoyed every bite. Excellent service. Food quantity could have been a little more except for the steak.Special Features:
- Three out of four of us were happyz1466VIPDined on 11/1/2014Very nice restaurant, great service, not too noisy and lovely wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Solid and uniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/31/2014Enjoyed a wonderful meal here the other night. I will definitely be back. Corkage is little pricey at $20 per bottle, at least feels that way as a local. Wines by the glass decent and pricey. Overall I enjoyed everything and was what I expected.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!RD2GOLFVIPDined on 10/31/2014Wow! Not sure how long Torc has been there, but it was a great find on a recent trip to Sonoma/Napa. We tried the deviled eggs, orange-scented olives, pumpkin soup, beet salad, short ribs, one of the pasta dishes, the apple Napoleon, and the huckelberry dessert. While I'd have to say the portion sizs were a tad on the small size, the presentation and flavours were superb! I'll definitely be visiting again the next time I make it out there!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/31/2014Great food (all courses), our third time there and will absolutely be going back.Special Features:
- An Excellent Restaurant in DowntowndromioDined on 10/26/2014When I learned that Torc had opened I started looking for reviews and the menu. My partner and I quickly decided this would be the perfect place to celebrate our anniversary. Were could not have chosen a better place to dine. The staff was extremely friendly and attentive. The ambiance was very nice and offered a pleasant setting. The food was absolutely delicious, good-sized portions and very unique in flavor and presentation. My only criticism was that the music they had selected for the evening was a bit too rock-aggressive for the setting, though once the restaurant filled up - you would hardly notice anyway. I will definitely recommend Torc and we are looking forward to dining with them again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- owhyVIPDined on 10/24/2014Food and service veruy good. However, courses arrived way too quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new placeExlawyerVIPDined on 10/24/2014We moved to Napa about 6 months ago and my wife and I decided we wanted to find a great place that would be a "regular" hangout. After trying everything in town and all spots in yountvile and St Helena, we've landed on Torc. The service is fantastic - knowledgeable but also friendly. The food is top-notch and the menu changes frequently so we get to try new things while also having our favorites every time (the pakoras and fritto misto are amazing).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectSpartanDinerVIPDined on 10/23/2014Absolutely love their menu and creativity. Their service was even better. No hiccups despite 3-4 different servers taking care of our table. Clearing plates and silverware between every single course was flawless. Between service, menu and ambiance: all in all one of the most consistently great restaurants in downtown Napa.Special Features:
- Wine Country FindOakFindDined on 10/17/2014Great place to go in Napa. Food preparation is first rate. Wine list is good - we brought our own wine, however. Restaurant wants you to buy their wine as corkerage on first bottle was $20 but corkerage on the second bottle was $35. A bit much but the food more than compensated and we had brought very expensive bottles of wine so it didn't matter much to our group. The Ling Cod dish was marvelous - great flavors and combination of sauces. Hanger steak was deliciously seasoned and done to perfection (medium rare). For appetizers - don't miss the deviled eggs. The Padron peppers were good but watch out for the hot ones. One of the better wine country restaurants we have been to - we will come back.Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/14/2014Torc is such welcomed addition to Napa! The food, ambiance and service are exceptional. Staff is professional and attentive, you always feel at home and Chef's food always delightful and creative.Special Features:
- Should be on your list!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/14/2014Everyone should include Torc on their wine country list of must go to places.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favoritesStaceyVIPDined on 10/13/2014Chef owner Sean O'Toole really knows how to make me happy. There are so many great dishes and the menu changes often enough to keep me coming back regularly. The fritto misto is amazing. I suspect the Andalusian gazpacho will be changing soon so I've been getting it while I can. So good! New to the menu is the scallop and shrimp small dish and it is amazing. The eggplant gratin is a side dish that could pass as a small entree. And the chicken for two is still a standout. Torc is a terrific addition to the Napa food scene.Special Features:
- Wonderful Food with Great ServiceRedwoodEmpireDined on 10/11/2014Didn't know anything about this restaurant when we made dinner reservations. Turned out to be an excellent choice! The food is absolutely wonderful. Everyone at the table loved every dish we were served from appetizers to entrees (unfortunately, we couldn't stay for dessert). The service is friendly and attentive without being overbearing. The decor is appealing and the tables spaced well apart . Note that they only serve beer and wine, but if you're itching for a pre-dinner drink, try the Vermut. Wine is a bit high-priced so you might want to check out the corkage fee associated with bringing your own bottle. 5 Stars! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just a pinch of saltOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/8/2014This former Ubuntu restaurant space was always such a beautiful setting for a restaurant with the stone walls and high ceilings, and it still is. What an impressive, yet warm setting! The food was so incredibly flavorful -- the deviled eggs are comfort food yummy, but with a foodie twist that makes them a must-have. The gazpacho had all right moves to be a favorite gazpacho except for the excessive salt -- I couldn't finish it because of the saltiness. And, same for the rabbit ravioli -- amazing flavor except again, the saltiness was overwhelming. The lobster rissotto however was perfection! I highly recommend Torc...but hope they will just use a pinch of salt instead of the entire salt shaker!Special Features:
- One of my favorite places in Napa!TorcdupDined on 10/7/2014Great place! The Chef updates and changes the menue all the time keeping it fresh, great wine list, beautiful space, excellent service and the food is always amazing! Love it there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We liked itGatorForLifeDined on 10/4/2014We went to Torc to celebrate our wedding anniversary. Noted when I made the OpenTable rez, and they remembered when bringing out our shared dessert with a candle on top. Staff was very attentive. Our server allowed my wife to taste a couple of the wines she recommended before deciding, and she was always on top of things at our table. The food was very good, started with fritto misto, then on to the boar sulze and rabbit ravioli, and finished with the vacherin. The sulze was the best of the bunch, but not like a head cheese in the traditional sense. It was a crispy log of meaty goodness with a very nice sauce and pickled salad for an acid kick. This reminded me of the Cuban croquettas that I used to get growing up in Fort Lauderdale.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food slow serviceDjohnsonVIPDined on 10/3/20148:15 reserve and seated promptly Two starters arrived quickly First main dish arrived 30 minutes later. Second main dish arrived 45 minutes after that. We were comped two glasses of Capiaux Pinot to drink with last dish since we had finished our wine. Don't know what the deal was since the place wasn't jammed. Food was delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great meal, great serviceBillVIPDined on 10/1/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our experience at Torc. Great service, great food. The porchetta was awesome. Very attentive service. The wine list has some gems that are very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seriously Amazing foodDouggieVIPDined on 9/29/2014We tried a lot for 2 ppl. The Calamari, Deviled eggs, rabbit ravioli, lobster risotto & Chicken for two. Each item was so delicious each bite there were oohs and ahhs. The service was good and seating very plush. This place is not to be missed. I will be back SOON!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Memorable!gludocDined on 9/15/2014The food is creative and delicious!..........................Service was extraordinary! A truly unique eatery even for Napa. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedHeisenbergVIPDined on 9/13/2014We went in with high expectations and came away disappointed. Presentation was great but taste was missing
- SoSoOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/13/2014Food was disappointing, but the restaurant was lovely and the service was really good. The food just did not live up to the prices and etc.
- Why have I waited so long?NapaFoodChickVIPDined on 9/13/2014A true gem Indeed. Interesting thing is it opened last Nov and only this weekend did I dine there? Silly me. The food was amazing, from the deviled eggs (the "new" old that's making a comback) to the rabbit & boar cassoulet and let's not forget the squab. The service was spot on as was the wine recommendation. If it maintains it's quality (food & service) it will be one of our regular spots. .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PotentialThomasVIPDined on 9/13/2014Torc occupies the space previously run by Umbuntu (which we miss very much). It is a comfortable and stylish restaurant with excellent service. My guest ordered the fig salad and was extremely happy with the composition and the incredible figs. Perfectly ripe and pungent it was a real winner. I had the BLT Benedict which was good but I wish the pork belly was a little crisper. The tomatoes tasted like they were picked that morning and were perfectly ripe. The eggs were slightly undercooked but quite tasty. We will definitely revisit Torc. I wish they had one day on the weekend that served lunch instead of only brunch.Special Features:
- OMG!!!NevercomingagainNapanVIPDined on 9/12/2014Our new Napa Valley Favorite! What a great experience, my husband and I went to celebrate our anniversary. WOW~ INCREDIBLE is all we can say! Milton was the bomb and took dining to a new level! We can't wait to come back for another delicious experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was nicemichalvasDined on 9/9/2014Service was very nice as well as the atmosphere, I expected little bit more out of the food but It was all nicely prepared and tasty.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/7/2014Very good lunch/brunch. Good neighborhood and tourist spotSpecial Features:
- Simply the bestOrindamomVIPDined on 9/6/2014Wow. That is my first reaction.Fresh, creative, delicious, attentive, friendly, knowledgeable. Those are easy adjectives that come to mind. We shared much of the distinctively flavorful courses throughout the meal. The fried sweet potato appetizer, fritto misto, and deviled eggs were delicious and well prepared. The tomato/burrata salad was creamy and sweet. The porchetta crispy, sweet, briny, and tender. We were very delightfully surprised at the quality of the preparations and the friendly service. More than we had hoped for. Cannot wait to come back!Special Features:
- creative menuvanderfoodVIPDined on 9/6/2014Small, creative dishes. Excellent quality and very good service. Sparkling water at start illustrates class. Smallish wine by glass list. Don't expect a lot of food on the plate. And, the coffee was great (fresh, table French press).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatamydVIPDined on 9/5/2014Portions are super small. They charge $20 for corkage then $35 for a 2nd bottle!? Were locals which makes this even more insulting! Not impressed - go to tarla instead!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and service and we will be back. Would love to see daily specials added and the menu switched up more often.Special Features: