1140 Main Street
Napa, CA 94599Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.torcnapa.com/
- Phone: 7072523292x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: M-Su 5:00pm-9:00pm
Brunch: Sa-Su 10:30am-2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sean O"Toole
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Farm to Table, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Torc
TORC is a contemporary, high-energy American restaurant with global influences. A local gathering place to meet up with friends and catch up on news and events, TORC exudes a spirit of community.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Torc - Best Restaurants in Napa ›
Torc reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (121)notable wine list (74)special occasion (65)neighborhood gem (58)hot spot (40)romantic (31)good for groups (24)great for brunch (12)great for outdoor dining (7)vibrant bar scene (7)great for lunch (6)late-night find (5)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food and service and we will be back. Would love to see daily specials added and the menu switched up more often.Special Features:
- Great placeChristopheDDined on 8/26/2014Downtown Napa, delicious food, European portions, extended wine list. Not cheap, but defenitely worthwhile.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this restaurant!naparoseVIPDined on 8/23/2014Wonderful food and great service. We have dined here before and really loved it. We will certainly be back again.Special Features:
- Amazing!DebaDined on 8/22/2014Every dish was delicious! The porchetta was the best pork dish I have ever had. Crispy skin and moist flavorful inside A++ The chocolate desert was awesome Our waiter was super professional and helpful with recommendations on wine pairing. He worked for many years at French Laundry Will be back for more ASAP Best resturaunt in downtown Napa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- exceptional!DJnAlVIPDined on 8/20/2014Everything about this place from the chic vibe of the restaurant to the incredible food presentation scream exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 8/17/2014Wow. The food was the star here. Different, exciting, expertly prepared. Halibut and lamb were standouts. Fig salad and crudo were wonderful. Great interactions regarding wine and the interesting, very well-priced, list. Nice desserts. Service is trying hard, so credit for that. Open kitchen isn't always best, but overall a wonderful space and experience.Special Features:
- My favorite Napa restaurantCharVIPDined on 8/17/2014Food is superb -- creative, delicious, and beautifully presented. Never had a dish there that wasn't wonderful. Service also excellent -- wine and water glasses kept filled, etc., etc. Don't miss the hamachi appetizer - to die for. Soups out of this world. Salads yummy. Entrees excellent. Desserts very creative, complex and scrumptious. Love the place.Special Features:
- Very good but tight fitJeffTVIPDined on 8/17/2014Walking in it was a cool looking space in downtown napa. We were presented with the standard menu but knew of a special select deal if you come in between 5-6:30, where you get 3 courses for less than some of the main entrees. The server and other staff were very friendly and helpful. At times we waited, even though the place was 1/2 full. The waiter we had was very good at creating a special wine pairing with our food choices, though it was a bit pricey when you go to 3 wines to mix. Food was very good quality and portion sizes were better than some fine places. Overall worth trying and enjoying.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPunchpartyDined on 8/16/2014We went to Torc pretty early, round 6pm and there was already a pretty good number of people there which we took as a good sign. We ordered the Kampachi, Soft Shell Crab, deviled eggs, the lamb, short ribs and some sort of chocolate wonder for dessert. All we can say is that it was first class in every way. The presentation, the portion and most importantly the taste! Chef O'Toole is definitely onto something here and we hope this place is as successful as it should be, which is a lot!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super small portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014The ambiance is reat, service was outstanding. We left hungry.
- Not GoodFoodieVIPDined on 8/15/2014Great ambience and service, but food is definitely below average. With so many restaurants in the wine country, I would leave this for last. Food had virtually no flavor.
- What a Shocker!DinedWellVIPDined on 8/15/2014Wow, this is not what we expected at all. We had heard good things about the service and food so we booked a table. Arrived and with a smile were taken to our table. The staff came over and offered still or sparkling water. Then were told about some specials and that 2 items would take 45 mins. We ordered the devil eggs and lobster risotto for a starter. The eggs were amazing and the different flavors were so nice together. For our main we did the chicken that took 45 mins. The whole bird was presented to us as if it was ready for a photo pic, then cut up and displayed just as nice. The wine list is great and something for every budget. If you in Napa I sure hope you make the time and have an amazing dinner at a great price.Special Features:
- Awesome spotPattiDined on 8/15/2014We have been here several times in recent months and it just keeps getting better! The beer and wine options are exciting. The food is top quality and some of the best in the valley. My husband thoroughly enjoyed the hangar steak and most recently I had the salmon. Every bite is perfect and we will continue to recommend to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food!jenallisonVIPDined on 8/11/2014The service and ambiance were wonderful, but the food was outstanding. The ingredients are organic and fresh and every item we ordered was bursting with flavor. One of Napa's best!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/10/2014Everything we ordered for our brunch was delicious. Don't miss the sweet potato appetizer! The croque madame was to die for.Special Features:
- JakeDined on 8/9/2014Chicken for two was Fantastic,Great presentation, exciting menu, portions were on the small side except for the main entree, diffidently food that will excite your senses.Special Features:
- Torc review 8/08/2014DinerDined on 8/8/2014A very good restaurant with a nice feel. Beer and wine bar only at this point. Liquor license expected soon we were told. When they get that I expect it will have a bar that would rival some of its neighbors. Great food and ambiance makes up for it. We brought a bottle of wine with us since they did not have their wine list viewable online. Torc has a very nice list. If I had the chance to view it online I would have purchased a bottle from them. All in all a very nice evening and I would recommend it to friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Art on a plate, taste to match!WestinTomDined on 8/7/2014Great presentation of local foods, fabulous flavors with personable staff and Chef/Owner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Napa's newest gemWinemanDined on 8/7/2014Torc is relatively new to Napa but is quickly settling in as a must dine spot. Chef/owner Sean is doing a great job with fresh, creative food and a wine list that is full of small producers. We've been at least 6 times and every time leave saying we have to come back soon.Special Features:
- One of the top meals of our lives!VegheadDined on 8/7/2014We were recommended to come to Torq by the Inn on Randolph where we were staying. It was the best meal of our trip and perhaps ever! Everything was delicious. We had the roasted peppers, the tuna tartare, the most unbelievable melt-in-your-mouth fig salad (wish we could get fresh figs back east!!!!) and a halibut over eggplant. Everything was smooth and amazing! Thanks you!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ingredient driven foodluveditVIPDined on 8/4/2014Split items and did our own tasting menu and each dish was excellent. The quality of the ingredients real showed. Everything was very flavorful. Wonderful Rabbit presentation. NY Strip for 2 Excellent choice as well.Special Features:
- Great new addition in NapaluveditVIPDined on 8/3/2014In the old Ubuntu space. Everything was excellent. The NY Steak for 2 was awesome!!Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014First time for dinner, restaurant looks good, staff very attentive, food excellent. I noticed people passing, reading the menu and seeming confused. As we left overheard a woman say something about another Spanish restaurant. That surprised me. Maybe the name is misleading. Wondered if she thought the boar was a bull. Also thought maybe some expected boar on the menu. This restaurant is good, and has potential of being a hot spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuckyDined on 8/1/2014Far exceeded my expectations. The food was amazing and the wine list of was equally impressive!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb CuisineCharVIPDined on 7/31/2014Expensive, but worth every penny. Menu not extensive, but changes regularly. Everything is prepared perfectly -- absolutely deliciious. One of our favorite restaurants.Special Features:
- LovelyFoodieDined on 7/30/2014Had a lovely dinner with friends. The service was great and the food delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- several visitstgifDined on 7/30/2014creative food, great service, always a hit with special clients.Special Features:
- Great Dining in NapaJayZeeVIPDined on 7/28/2014Our group had a wonderful dinner at Torc. The deviled eggs and pakora were wonderful small plates that we shared. I had the fig and arugala salad which was excellent with nice ripe figs. For my main course, I had the squab with Chantarelle mushrooms which was fantastic. My wife had the Hslibut and others had the hangar steak. All were very pleased with their meals. We also had a Rioja and a Chateauneuf-du-Pape which were both very good wines. The wine list was interesting and had many well-priced selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/26/2014We were very impressed! We are from Sonoma and just wonder why we cannot have more wonderful restaurants like this in Sonoma. Milt was our waiter and he was so good. We had several small plates..... Crudo; Pedrone peppers; Soft Shell Crab and the Jambon. Everything was special. We cannot wait to return. We spoke with the owner/chef (Sean) at the end and thanked him and he was very approachable and engaging unlike many chef/owners.Special Features:
- An instant favoriteWineFoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014Seriously great; creative, intuitive combinations that both surprise and work beautifully. Will be back and will spread the word!Special Features:
- Space Invader TablesJaytonDined on 7/18/2014Fantastic food. Unfortunately if you're seated at one of their two tops, you may feel like you're eating in the laps of the people who have a table on either side of you. The tables are so close that even a relatively small framed person would need to turn sideways to scoot through. Not only is it a personal space invasion thing, it makes it impractical for service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of Napa's Best New RestaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/18/2014The menu is always interesting, changes seasonally and the food & service are consistently very good. We are never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Pleasant ExperienceenigmaVIPDined on 7/13/2014Torc-Tasty,Original,Real,Comfortable--Torc delivers what it promises with out hype-not often the norm in wine country dining. Ambiance is very pleasing but not overwhelming-you can hear what your dining companions are saying - the menu is not extensive but everything appears worth trying-a meal can be make of two starters or a main-the service is not slick, but concern for the satisfaction of the client are foremost. It is a place to go to when you want a good meal.Special Features:
- Torc timepenguindelight65Dined on 7/12/2014The experience was great. We had three Canadian guests so it was a nice group. All of us enjoyed the wine, food and service. Lots of friendly staff.The wine list only offered one Merlot, and when we wanted to order the same bottle, they informed us that we had drunk the only bottle that they had. What is with that? Our tab was $410.00 and we were charged $4.00 for one cup of coffee. They could have given us a comp. cup. All and all, we were pleased with the dining. This was our 2nd. time there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food is AwsomeNapaFoodieDined on 7/12/2014This is the 4th time we have been there. The food is great every time. The deviled eggs, tuna tartar, Halibut all cooked perfect. The service outstanding.Special Features:
- WowCevicheCriticDined on 7/7/2014Food was awesome and service even better. Kampachi, sweet potato side and yellowfin tuna were impressive dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experience overallGraceDined on 7/6/2014Torc is a great spot for "foodies" and wine lovers. The portions are small and the prices are high, but it's very feasible to get a bunch of things to share, and the food is very high quality. The staff were very friendly and informed. Corkage price is VERY high, so I wouldn't recommend bringing more than a bottle or two. If not, they have a very impressive wine list. I especially recommend this place for date night or a special occasion. Great overall!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Detailed TastesdavudDined on 7/5/2014To put a nerd spin on it, there are a lot of details to notice in the food. I had the yellow fin tuna - and it goes far beyond just fish on a plate - and I am not the kind of person to be able to describe all the food details, but I want to convey that there are little bits of lots of tastes that come with your order. If you are looking for something interesting and tasteful try this, eat it slowly and pay attention - it's worth it.Special Features:
- Best meal in NapaRye07Dined on 7/3/2014One of the best meals anywhere...a must try for great food.Special Features:
- Best cuisine in Napa. Period.AverybigfanDined on 7/3/2014The food is spectacular. Not sure what else I can say other than I smell a James Beard nomination in the future. Torc's pastry team is putting out some of the best desserts I've ever had. Simply remarkable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.