Topside Waterfront Restaurant
149 Lighthouse Rd
Hilton Head Island, SC 29928Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Topside Waterfront Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.seapines.com/dining/topside-waterfront-restaurant.aspx
- Phone: 8438421999x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner- Nightly: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Executive Chef: Chef Shaun Carter
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Non-Smoking Restaurant, View
- Entertainment: Live entertainment nightly.
A word from Topside Waterfront Restaurant
The Topside Waterfront Restaurant in the Sea Pines Resort, specializes in the freshest, most pristine seafood available locally and flown in daily from various ports of call; prepared with minimal "fuss" to allow the "flavors of the sea" to take main stage; also featuring thick-cut steaks, handcrafted specialty items, and great appetizers that make The Topside a "can't miss."Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Topside Waterfront Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Hilton Head ›
Topside Waterfront Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (76)special occasion (45)romantic (33)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (21)notable wine list (15)kid-friendly (14)neighborhood gem (6)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (4)hot spot (3)late-night find (2)great for lunch (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Enjoyable nightRichieVIPDined on 9/4/2014Greated promptly and seated at a window as I had requested. What a great view of the water boats and the sunset. Waiter promptly show up and took our drink order and explained the specials. Service was smooth and nicely timed. Food was very good and we had a great night. Price was was what I expected for a higher end restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful ViewSuzhausDined on 9/3/2014Restaurant definitely has a beautiful view all around.. We had a party of 6 and were seated by the window... It was great ... I was not crazy about the shrimp and grits .. too spicy for me ... however everyone else enjoyed their food... Was a bit overpriced .. nothing exemptional it just was...periodSpecial Features:
- View is only good thing hereOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/1/2014This was clearly the worst meal we have had in Hilton Head. Other than the view of Calibogue Sound, there is nothing good to say about our visit. The list of fine restaurants in Hilton Head is too long to waste your visit by going here.Special Features:
- Fresh fish with a lovely viewMariaDined on 8/31/2014Nice restaurant with a great view. Took my parents here for dinner and my father did not like his dish, but we spoke up too late. He was hungry and did not want to wait to eat. The rest of us all liked what we had. The noise level was too much to carry on normal conversation and it detracted from our dining experience.Special Features:
- My fave seafood restaurant in HHI!PurduegalDined on 8/29/2014I took my boyfriend here for our 2 month dating anniversary as we were in town for Labor Day weekend. I requested a window seat for the sunset view, which was wonderful. I thoroughly enjoyed my blacked red snapper and my boyfriend enjoyed his blackened swordfish. Our service was just so so, but I will still be back for the food for sure!Special Features:
- DiningonHHIluvtoeatDined on 8/27/2014This restaurant has nothing to recommend it for other than view. Wait staff was mediocre and food was nothing special. Would not go back and would not recommend. Many other restaurants on island much betterSpecial Features:
- Vacation MustOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/22/2014Amazing sunset views over the water!! Nice, friendly service!Special Features:
- The Best Restaurant on Hilton HeadWigglesworthDined on 8/22/2014We were very impressed with the food. Amazing fresh swordfish, great seafood platters, impressive selection of wine and key lime pie to die for. Plus great service and view of the sunset over the ocean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itPghGirl85Dined on 8/21/2014We were very excited for our dinner at Topside. Other than a great view of the sunset everything else about the evening was a total disappointment. Our waiter was terribly slow and unattentive. Our water and iced tea glasses were never refilled even though we asked several times. The food was just okay. Nothing special. Would not recommend.Special Features:
- HabortownregularVIPDined on 8/11/2014We are regulars here every time we come to Hilton Head!Special Features:
- Great ExperienceHHFamVacaDined on 8/6/2014Overall, the team was the greatest. While I struggled to find a parking space, the family was accommodated and experienced the Sunset! Overall, the service by Jeff R. and the food were Excellent!!! I would recommend to anyone looking for a great meal experience while looking out over the marina during sunset especially.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/3/2014We went her for our anniversary and could not have picked a better spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last Supper on IslandOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our meal at Topside and our server was fantastic. However, we were a little disappointed that we were not sat in the main dining room as there were tables available. It was our last night on the island and we were hoping for a little more scenic view. Other than that, our dinner was outstanding.Special Features:
- ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014We wanted a place that was gluten free friendly. Food was excellent and Jeff was a great server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Viewsregularguest20Dined on 7/31/2014The expansive views of Harbour Town and the Sound are among the very best on the Island. The décor felt clean and fresh, providing good ambience. The menu was simple and easy to read, offering fish or seafood anyway you like, along with good side dish offerings. We had an early evening reservation and enjoyed our dinner very much. Only negative was the air-conditioning, which was almost too cold and drafty where we sat. Hostesses might be a bit friendlier, more welcoming.Special Features:
- Nothing special for the priceLive4foodVIPDined on 7/26/2014Good service, menu was far to similar to Live Oak, and the execution of the food was not as good.Special Features:
- DisappointingglobaldinerDined on 7/25/2014We booked this highly recommended restaurant before we left the UK to ensure that we had a reservation for a busy Friday. We arrived a few minutes early, however, we were forced to stand among a throng of people for at least 10 mins before being seated. The seat was excellent but it all went downhill from there. The atmosphere was not relaxing, more about efficiency. The service was cold and gave the impression that they just wanted you fed and out of the restaurant as quickly as possible. What was particularly annoying was that plates were cleared as soon as someone had finished, not when all guests were finished, which is common practice in the UK. Food was very average and pricey for what it was. Plates were served with little finesse!Special Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/24/2014Topside had plenty of potential of being a tourist trap just like the few restaurants surrounding it. However they pulled through and provided a great meal with wonderful service. Best view on the island.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and Viewdpc698Dined on 7/24/2014This was the best meal we had while on Hilton Head. Food was excellent and the view of the sunset was awesome. We would definitely eat here again.Special Features:
- UoflfoodieDined on 7/22/2014The crab cakes and crab bisque were outstanding. The whole meal for the price was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Southern FoodRichfielddinerDined on 7/21/2014Beat seafood in town. Service is extraordinary. The view over the harbor is unforgettable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceKathyDined on 7/20/2014The food was delicious, great wine list and of all, Vladimir, our server, was awesome. As soon as he could tell we were speaking in a different languaje, he switched to ours and very graciously kept helping us with the menu. Great experience, very nice restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great View and Great Food!LifeIsGoodDined on 7/19/2014We had never been here and were surprised to realize that it's been around for more than 10 years! Loved our food and our waiter, Caleb! Had a LOVELY dinner with a fabulous view and the sunsets can't be beat from here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Eveningrwscott66Dined on 7/17/2014Had a freat evening at Topside. The views were amazing, the service was excellent and the food was very good. I highly recommend Topside!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Seafood1finedinerDined on 7/17/2014Meal was very good. Scallops, shrimp, tuna, flounder were all delicious. Enjoyed great views from the many windows of the Harbour Town area.Special Features:
- Date NightMillieBoyersVIPDined on 7/12/2014Very nice, an amazing views and god food, we went for our anniversary vacations and we love it.Special Features:
- Our Anniversary CelebrationChapelHillFoodieDined on 7/11/2014For our anniversary, we were well taken care of. We added the request for a window seat for our anniversary and you accommodated us. We had some excellent calamari and our dinner was North Carolina trout stuffed with crab. We had grilled red potatoes and grilled asparagus and a raspberry sorbet for dessert. It was all very tasty and well-presented. The view over the harbor and sound is just part of why we came. We had a bit of a sunset, but not the typical brilliant sunset over the sound. Later, as it got darker, the clouds broke slightly to allow some color to show through.Special Features:
- do not go herepjtjdDined on 7/11/2014beautiful view, thats the only good part of this retaurant.
- lennymlennymDined on 7/9/2014Views were beautiful and the food was very good. Service was very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view, good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/9/2014My wife had the surf and turf and I had the tile fish. Tile was really good. My wife's lobster was good, but wasn't what she was expecting in the shell and took too much work for her. Should have known that, but she was full and I ate it. Service was adequate, but waned as the night wore on and the hour became late (9:30).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HHIMototimVIPDined on 7/7/2014We had a terrific meal, only surpassed by the service we received. Laurie was outstanding!Special Features:
- 30th Anniversary celebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014We loved the food and atmospere. Service was excellent! Definately would reccomend to others :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect fourth of julymarcusVIPDined on 7/4/2014booked this restaurant since it's on the harbour and it's a perfect spot to watch the fourth of july fireworks in harbourtownSpecial Features:
- JessicaVIPDined on 7/3/2014Wonderful view from our table! Great food and service was attentive. Nice resturant but also suitable for behaved children.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceForTheBoysDined on 7/2/2014We enjoyed our meal..calamari appetizer, fish special and the linguini were good. One diner ordered the surf and turf and it wasn't the best. More crab stuffing in the lobster than lobster. The view was beautiful. The big hassle is always trying to find a place to park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get VladhungrymanDined on 6/28/2014Food was good but our waiter, Vladimir was excellent. If you go there, ask for him, you won't be disappointed. He noticed I might be gluten intolerant and asked if I would like gluten free rolls with dinner. That has never happened at any restaurant for me.
- Hilton Head Island DinnerhhidineVIPDined on 6/28/2014Once again, our second time dining at Topside and the meal and service was outstanding with a great view. Waiter was very helpful in outlining a new fish and dish for my wife and was also helpful in guiding us to golf rounds later in the week with various course conditions on the Island. Overall excellent night with a great meal!Special Features:
- What a view and great food to matchCarlsChoicesDined on 6/27/2014You cannot go wrong with the great view and food at Topside - have been there often and never disappointed. Save room for dessert and then if you can muster the energy to do the 114 steps to the top of the Harbour Town Lighthouse - go for the after dinner view. Hit both for the sunset if you can time it right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great date nite!8FriendsDined on 6/26/2014Excellent food,beautiful sunset,friendly staff! Hilton Head at its finest!! Jeff made us feel special.Special Features:
- Ok, I Guesshi2014Dined on 6/25/2014Food was average. Main course was good. Side dishes were poor for this 'quality' of a restaurant. Really just paying for the view, which is nice.