780 Village Center Drive
Burr Ridge, IL 60527Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.topazcafe.com/
- Phone: 6306541616
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm & Sunday: 4:00pm- 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Andrew Sikkelerus
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: From making formal business proposals to making toasts with a gathering of friends, Topaz can help you pull off any private dining event flawlessly. Our event planning staff has extensive experience. And the ideal materials to work with—an unforgettable atmosphere, delicious Contemporary-American cuisine, all paired with exceptional service. Topaz will make your affair one to remember! Offering 2 private rooms, and semi-private spaces available we can accommodate parties of 10 to 100.
- Private Party Contact: Becky Fleck 630-654-1616
A word from Topaz
Topaz, located in the Burr Ridge Village Center offers a Contemporary-American menu in an upscale atmosphere, bringing a city feel to the Western suburbs. Featuring a beautiful outdoor patio, large lounge area and private dining spaces, Topaz is the perfect place for a romantic dinner, a drink with friends, or your next group event. For a very special evening, reserve our chef's table.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
Topaz - Best Restaurants in Burr Ridge ›
Topaz reviews from OpenTable diners
125 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (84)fit for foodies (70)special occasion (69)neighborhood gem (65)romantic (42)notable wine list (42)good for groups (38)great for lunch (32)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (28)late-night find (14)great for brunch (11)scenic view (9)kid-friendly (5)Show More
- Outstanding food4chin8grlDined on 10/16/2014The short ribs were the best I've had. We'll make a return visit in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a hidden gem!OpenTableProVIPDined on 10/14/2014I never would have expected such a superb restaurant in a Burr Ridge shopping center. 5 stars across the board. I will be back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/4/2014My wife and I went to Topaz for Saturday date night. Service was good and food was excellent. I had the pork chop which was the largest chop I have seen and my wife enjoyed a filet. All was cooked to perfection and was very satisfying. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- always funhinsdaleVIPDined on 10/2/2014There is a cool vibe at Topaz and everyone who walks through the door gets that! Friendly faces everywhere....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great evening at TopazPeanutDined on 9/29/2014We started sitting outside on the wonderful patio filled with lots of atmosphere and excellent service. The weather forced us to move inside which was just as pleasant. Every time I eat here is a treat. The wait staff and management are so accommodating? You feel like you are downtown Chicago at one of the best restaurants. A must try!Special Features:
- ExcellentoceanclubVIPDined on 9/28/2014Best Cobb Salad ever . dressing are excellent Entrees are large and prices are good. Best part of all the ingredients are fresh and NO GARLIC ! Every entrée is deliciousSpecial Features:
- foodoutwithBNBDined on 9/28/2014Filet over done order med well too much pepper on veg very pricey not a 8 oz jmuch smallerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love dining outdoors at TopazTarheelborn1VIPDined on 9/27/2014Again we had a wonderful dinner at Topaz. The outdoor area is delightful and service is always outstanding. Food and drinks are great.Special Features:
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/26/2014We sat outside on the very pretty patio. Fire was on because it was a little chilly out. Perfect setting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FOBODined on 9/23/2014Had a wonderful dining experience, the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- firstname.lastname@example.orgShortyDined on 9/20/2014Service was too slow and prices too expensive Not geared to children and wine not my brand was available Would not go there againSpecial Features:
- Excellent meal!KandKVIPDined on 9/13/2014First time at Topaz, went on a coworker's recommendation. Ambience was nice, comfortable temp too! Service was outstanding, Cindy was on top of everything and friendly, even showed us the outdoor patio since it was too cool to eat out there! Shared 2 starters ,the bruschetta and kale salad, both were very tasty. I had the short rib, which was very tender and meaty. Only wish it had a bit more sauce. My husband had "the best pork chop ever!" Wish we had room for dessert because I'm sure it would have been great! Wine list was nice if a bit pricey. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- bennyDined on 9/13/2014We went for restaurant week. We weren't disappointed. The menue offerings were very good.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2014My only complaint was it is a bit noisy. The waiter was great with helpful suggestions. The food was great. We were fighting over the wedge salad with blue cheese.Special Features:
- corkieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Topaz is consistently reliable. The one thing that has really changed is their carpaccio. DO NOT BOTHER. It is 6 see through slices of beef (wonderful), a mound of potato salad and a mound of greens. Both of the latter were delicious, but what a pathetic way to downsize this dish. Go to Brio, or Eddie Merlots for a much better version. Otherwise, there were no complaints. The special seared tuna of the night was outstanding. The beignets are always a treat.Special Features:
- conversationalistWannabeDined on 8/31/2014Our party of three had an extremely difficult time conversing because of the high noise level. We don't understand why an upscale restaurant as this is not designed for guests to be able to talk while dining. Interesting that you inquire about ambiance as we felt we were in a gymnasium during a basketball tournament! Once outside, we were able to finally converse: mostly about the noise level during our visit. This shouldn't be what is the primary take-away from a dining experience.Special Features:
- Superior foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Had the halibut special and it was special. Excellent blend of vegetables and spices that complimented the fish. Relaxed dining experience. Staff was very attentive and knowledgable.Special Features:
- What happened?FagasDined on 8/23/2014We are regulars here and normally are very satisfied. I don't know what the issue was but it seems that a lot of things were off. While the server was one we had before and he is very friendly and accommodating, service was very slow this evening. We waited a long time to receive service and food orders were extremely slow to come from the kitchen. This is not normally the case here. Food was somewhat disappointing. Marinara sauce was the worst I've had, lacking seasoning and bitter. My wife's risotto special was ho-hum. For a final tab topping $100' we expected much better. Nonetheless, I will still recommend this restaurant as it is normally very good and any-place can have an off-night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Swanky and Absolutely Electric~NickyDined on 8/23/2014I love Topaz! It is my favorite restaurant. Everything about this restaurant is what I look for. It is swanky, lounge like, and delivers phenomenal food and service. It is notable for its stunning patio and outdoor bar with fire pits and really cool seating, very reminiscent of the bungalows you see out in California and on exotic vacations~ which is a what really makes this so scenic and so special while making you feel like your a million miles away! Topaz is a must! You have to go there...whether it is a special occasion or you just are looking for something to make you feel extra special with the group you enjoy being with! Thank you Topaz~Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice EveningCustomer2014Dined on 8/23/2014Enjoyed everything...food was great and service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- youngsterDined on 8/22/2014We have been to Topaz at least 8 times. This was by far a huge disappointment. We waited 20 minutes for the waiter to take our drink orders, another 20 to get our cocktails. Then it took at least 20 minutes for him to take our food orders. The halibut was overdone, dry. A huge letdown as that is my very favorite at Topaz. The service was the biggest disappointment overall.
- Outdoor AmazingDelishDined on 8/16/2014Great outdoor seating, very stylish, awesome wait staff. Food good, but not fantastic. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- hidden gemmanhattanchickDined on 8/16/2014Topaz is a hidden gem in the south burbs. We met another couple there for our first visit and have been making a point of going back on our own. This latest visit was with friends and they too, love it. The food is great and the service fantastic. Owner makes the rounds of the tables to check that everyone is happy. For a more romantic atmosphere, be sure to ask for a booth. They have outdoor dining and that area was really busy. Definitely add to your list of places to try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014My sister was visiting and I took her to Topaz as a special treat. We had a delightful time. Our waitress was very good and our meal delicious. The only negative was that there was a concert that evening and we were dining outdoors. It was quite noisy. However, it didn't alter our overall experience. Thanks.Special Features:
- MJF1Dined on 8/15/2014The food was delicious. My guest had a risotto dish (I believe it was the featured pasta) and I had a lobster roll sandwich. The ambiance was lovely and our servers were very attentive. I would definitely recommend it and plan to return with my husband very soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a bad mealnoneDined on 8/14/2014I always stop in when I get to the area. The service is always friendly. The food is always perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stellar eveninghinsdaleVIPDined on 8/13/2014There have been some cool additions to the patio which really enhance the already fabulous ambience! Cindy took super great care of us as usual and the food was delicious. Topaz is our family favorite for sure ; )Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outdoor DiningLoriVIPDined on 8/9/2014Great dinner outside, under the dim lights with heat/fire to keep warm if needed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Topaz is a gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 8/9/2014We were pleased to find the positive reviews to be spot-on. While the menu is not terribly extensive, our entire meal was fabulous. The calamari was served hot, which is, sadly, often not the case in many places. The remoulade and grilled onions accompanying it were excellent. Both my husband's filet and my skirt steak were cooked to perfection. The grilled corn with parmesan was delicious although, with no way to pick it up politely, it was a bit awkward to cut it off the cob with a steak knife. We seldom order dessert but beignets are a rare treat, and these did not disappoint. Served freshly prepared and hot with chocolate sauce on the side, took me right back to the French Quarter! To top off a great night, the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningJerryVIPDined on 8/5/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great service. Only negative is parking - almost have to use valet.Special Features:
- Love dining outdoors at TopazTarheelborn1VIPDined on 8/2/2014Our guests loved the patio and food at Topaz. Food was great...everyone was pleased from appetizers to desserts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My kind of placemoscato8VIPDined on 7/31/2014We always think of Topaz when we want a great dining experience and an outdoor atmosphere. superb as usual.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperienceDineAroundtheWorldDined on 7/26/2014This was our first visit to Topaz and it was excellent. We were impressed with the range of selections on the menu and really enjoyed our dinner (highly recommend the whitefish). The staff was very friendly and helpful from the moment we arrived to when we departed. We plan to go back soon and encourage others in the Burr Ridge area to experience Topaz. We have also visited the owners restaurant in Westmont called Amber which is also excellent!Special Features:
- Great new findNanzDined on 7/26/2014Were looking for something new to go out with friends.....always unsure to try new places but was NOT disappointed in any way. Great friendly service, steaks were delicious and the desserts were different and delicious! Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Anniversary ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/26/2014My wife and I went to Topaz for our 6th anniversary dinner. I have nothing but positive things to say. The welcome, staff, and food were all incredible. My wife is lactose intolerant and also pregnant. She had some specific cravings and the waitress helped custom order a dish that was exactly what she wanted. We had the pork meatballs for an appetizer and they were out of this world. I had the whitefish for my main course and it was the best I've ever had. We were not steered wrong with out dessert choice which was the flourless chocolate cake...YUM! Will be going here again for special occasions. Look forward to taking advantage of their wine list next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fun and friendlyhinsdaleVIPDined on 7/25/2014Always greeted with a warm welcome....and the chef is AMAZING!!!! We especially love the patio ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiamondDaveVIPDined on 7/24/2014We had another wonderful evening and dinner. Our waiter was very helpful and knowledgeable with the wine list as were his dinner suggestions. Luck would have it that there was only 1 Halibut special left, my wife was the envy of all who had a taste. The patio is beautiful with the fire places and live music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for outside dining1101VIPDined on 7/22/2014The service is quite outstanding and the food is very good. The only drawback is that if you are a wine by the glass person, the offerings are very limited. Excellent outside space for dining. The location of the restaurant makes it especially convenient for shoppers.Special Features:
- Good restaurant to try.NA11VIPDined on 7/19/2014This place was dead for a Saturday night, which makes me concerned regarding how long this place will stay open.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great outdoor diningIHPseniorDined on 7/19/2014The service and ambiance were outstanding. The menu was a little limited, but the food was delicious. We would definitely recommend Topaz to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.